The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

giphy.gif

Who enjoyed fm23 just fine? It was way better than FM19 through FM21

FM23 was miles better than FM22. People have just embraced this narrative that it 'wasn't very good' but the match engine in particular was a lot better. People tend to forget the endless bashing of the ME in FM22 due to the lack of central play and wingers shooting from ridiculous angles. Most of that was improved tenfold in FM23. 

The other areas of the game were perhaps not as advanced as SI would have liked, and they even said as much in the summer. The new features in FM23 were mixed, and it was a shame that the best addition, the squad planner, wasn't fully functional or realised. Graphically, the game offered nothing new, and people were starting to get bored at how stale the graphical improvements had become. 

The truth is though, FM23 WAS a big step up from FM22, with the match engine being the most prominent improvement. Just wasn't as big a step as SI wanted. 

Just now, samrnpage said:

So what is everyones plans on FM24 

What's the save ideas, what the world you're going to create?

Been playing since early CM days and tbh I've ran out of leagues and clubs to do, so might just sell my soul and try a Wrexham save 

Just now, samrnpage said:

Taking UD Ibiza back to second division, and eventually to first division La Liga. 

just trying to come up w creative way to keep my players off the nightclubs 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

FM23 was miles better than FM22. People have just embraced this narrative that it 'wasn't very good' but the match engine in particular was a lot better. People tend to forget the endless bashing of the ME in FM22 due to the lack of central play and wingers shooting from ridiculous angles. Most of that was improved tenfold in FM23. 

The other areas of the game were perhaps not as advanced as SI would have liked, and they even said as much in the summer. The new features in FM23 were mixed, and it was a shame that the best addition, the squad planner, wasn't fully functional or realised. Graphically, the game offered nothing new, and people were starting to get bored at how stale the graphical improvements had become. 

The truth is though, FM23 WAS a big step up from FM22, with the match engine being the most prominent improvement. Just wasn't as big a step as SI wanted. 

You could also counter attack and be counter attacked. Almost never happened on prior versions of the game.

hace 3 minutos, Barbz2012 dijo:

i eat pineapple on pizza and i hate fifa

spacer.png

I don't really understand a world in which pineapple is scorned but a dough thicker than a tractor's wheel is accepted.

In any case, eat and let eat. And drop the beta

spacer.png

1 minute ago, kevhamster said:

I just trolled myself.  I thought the install button had appeard then realised I'd gone down one further to FM18 Touch.

image.png.350988633734906e0c39882996509bba.png

Ahhh man I miss the FM Touch days. Used to be the best way to play for me. All the fun without the tedious social aspects like player and press interaction's.

Just a shame it was limited to 30 seasons 

1 minute ago, Dadecane said:

Taking UD Ibiza back to second division, and eventually to first division La Liga. 

just trying to come up w creative way to keep my players off the nightclubs 

You'll have to chaperone them.

Old Man GIF - Old Man Dancing - Discover & Share GIFs

Just now, trevjim said:

Ahhh man I miss the FM Touch days. Used to be the best way to play for me. All the fun without the tedious social aspects like player and press interaction's.

It wasn't limited to 30 seasons on the PC version as far as I remember but I think my longest ever game is around 12 seasons in any case.

1 minute ago, trevjim said:

PC version wasn't limited to 30 seasons. Think it might have been when FM Classic first launched in 2013, but that restriction was removed soon after. On the tablet version of Classic/Touch, it was always a 30 season limit. 

3 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

You could also counter attack and be counter attacked. Almost never happened on prior versions of the game.

FM23 is subjectively the best game in the series to date (although I am fairly confident FM24 will top it), however it's also one where I struggled to get into a save.  I think that's just down to me making poor choices though in terms of save I tried!

Pineapple on pizza sucks because the liquid in the pineapple comes out and makes the pizza soggy, and cooking it for so long that all of the liquid is out of the pineapple defeats the object of pineapple on the pizza to begin with because it would taste awful. Can't be having soggy pizza :herman:

9 minutos atrás, samrnpage disse:

I'm going to start with Benfica (the team I support), as always, and see if I can break Bella Guttmann's curse (which is total nonsense btw).

Edited by ZEBEDEU

9 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

Southend United (try to get them back into the football league) see if we are still under an embargo on the game with just like 15 players on the books

got to be up there with one of the saves of FM24 I reckon. Be interesting to see if we do get taken over on the game as the takeover is due to complete on 1st November. 

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

Pineapple on pizza sucks because the liquid in the pineapple comes out and makes the pizza soggy, and cooking it for so long that all of the liquid is out of the pineapple defeats the object of pineapple on the pizza to begin with because it would taste awful. Can't be having soggy pizza :herman:

It really depends how it's done.  A local pizza place does this really good vegetarian pizza, with pineapple, red onion, peppers and japaenos and it's delicious and somehow not even a little big soggy.  I'm not even vegetarian, but it's absolutley my favourite pizza.

Just now, kevhamster said:

It really depends how it's done.  A local pizza place does this really good vegetarian pizza, with pineapple, red onion, peppers and japaenos and it's delicious and somehow not even a little big soggy.  I'm not even vegetarian, but it's absolutley my favourite pizza.

Does sound pretty nice tbf 

1 minute ago, kevhamster said:

As a member of the anti pineapple on pizza brigade, I will accept that I could accept trying it. Sounds nice.

2 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

Southend United (try to get them back into the football league) see if we are still under an embargo on the game with just like 15 players on the books

got to be up there with one of the saves of FM24 I reckon. Be interesting to see if we do get taken over on the game as the takeover is due to complete on 1st November. 

Scunny Utd must also be up there in terms of that kind of challenge.