The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Goateelord said:

Friendly reminder to finalize your OS & driver updates before Beta definitely releases today...

General reminder FM24 will not work on windows 7. At all 

According to the min specs you need 10 at least

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

No need to speculate on time. Time will be 20:24. 
What we need to speculate on is time zone

It's 19:27 in Wake Island, wherever that is, meaning it'll be 20:24 in less than an hour there. Make of that what you will.....

1 minute ago, oche balboa said:

Morning all. Friday is looking likely 

For what? The end of the working week for most? If you're referring to the beta, then you're wrong, it's out today

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I'm of the older generation and my mind isn't what it once was so can't even remember if we had bet access before 2017!

Im of a slightly younger generation and tbh I don't remember what I had for dinner last night

2 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

When did beta start

I think somewhere around FM12? I couldn't find anything on google from FM11 regarding an early access beta and don't have any save files before November 2010 for it.

1 minute ago, coady said:

I think somewhere around FM12? I couldn't find anything on google from FM11 regarding an early access beta and don't have any save files before November 2010 for it.

I wonder if sometimes Miles wishes it never started

I think on CM99/00 which was the first one I properly played crazy hours on, you could play 3 months of the full version for free... or maybe that was a demo, basically you got to a date and couldn't continue until you bought the game... my memory isn't what it once was...

Just now, numbas2 said:

I think on CM99/00 which was the first one I properly played crazy hours on, you could play 3 months of the full version for free... or maybe that was a demo, basically you got to a date and couldn't continue until you bought the game... my memory isn't what it once was...

That's the demo dude

1 minute ago, nunch98 said:

I wonder if sometimes Miles wishes it never started

From a stress point of view, possibly. From a marketing point of view, it's genius. You're giving something additional by providing a game around 2 weeks early, build up huge hype for a week before with when's the beta coming out making the game trend across social platforms. SI has probably created one of the best, free advertising/marketing campaigns in sports gaming! 😂

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

Google tells me FM16 beta was available October 28th.

Game released November 13th

So 16 days early?

Fm2015 was October 23rd

(15 days early)

Fm2014 was October 16th

(14 days early)

FM2013 was October 20th

(13 days early)

FM2012 had no beta and released the 20th October.

That was before they were marketing it as at least 14 days early though. Think it's 21 that was only 14 days before, the others from 17 onwards have been more than 14 days

1 minute ago, numbas2 said:

This has been the case for FM for as long as I can remember, you can download the demo on steam and play for 6 months in-game, full game and everything, and if you buy it, you can continue the save!

Just now, coady said:

From a stress point of view, possibly. From a marketing point of view, it's genius. You're giving something additional by providing a game around 2 weeks early, build up huge hype for a week before with when's the beta coming out making the game trend across social platforms. SI has probably created one of the best, free advertising/marketing campaigns in sports gaming! 😂

Plus this yearly thread is what makes coming on the forum worth it

Just now, gunner86 said:

I think he means blunt pencils. To make the sharp for drafting tactics and shortlists

That makes sense, you can use a rubber to correct mistakes but with pens you just have to cross it out and start again which is untidy

1 minute ago, XaW said:

This has been the case for FM for as long as I can remember, you can download the demo on steam and play for 6 months in-game, full game and everything, and if you buy it, you can continue the save!

:eek: I did not know this...

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

That was before they were marketing it as at least 14 days early though. Think it's 21 that was only 14 days before, the others from 17 onwards have been more than 14 days

Only the very first beta was shorter than 14 days. All the others have been between 20 and 14 days basically.