The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, metal_guitarist said:

Problem is you lose his wide attacking play in the final third. Could play Martinez out of there though, would work well if you brought in another ball-playing CB and had Varane - CB - Martinez. Either that or use Lindelof and have Lindelof - Varane - Martinez. 

No need to worry about all this fancy stuff at big clubs. Get to Luton, five at the back and chuck two big men up front. Let's go! 😂

3 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Problem is you lose his wide attacking play in the final third. Could play Martinez out of there though, would work well if you brought in another ball-playing CB and had Varane - CB - Martinez. Either that or use Lindelof and have Lindelof - Varane - Martinez. 

Maybe a good libero to allow a CM-AT to push up and go on the wing  or a mezalla

4 minutes ago, coady said:

No need to worry about all this fancy stuff at big clubs. Get to Luton, five at the back and chuck two big men up front. Let's go! 😂

I wonder how DW will work. I tried making them work in FM23 but I don't notice any difference between that bad standard wingers

1 minute ago, nunch98 said:

Maybe a good libero to allow a CM-AT to push up and go on the wing  or a mezalla

Scalvini will probably excel in the libero role. almost tempted to try and back 3 with him central in that role and no DM to allow him to step up more often

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

Love a Mezzala now, ever since I dropped the 4-2-3-1, Mezzala has been the way

The CM on attack is amazing in a 4-3-3. At least it was on FM 23... Second goalscorer in every season

Just now, gunner86 said:

think that will play better now that they have improved the positional play. you wont have 2 players sitting in the same 5 yard space. so you can use a winger cutting in but if the Mezz is already there the W stays wide. the rotations in postions look really good from the few vids i've watched

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I always use them. I don't think I use them correctly but they're always there

2 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

I wonder how DW will work. I tried making them work in FM23 but I don't notice any difference between that bad standard wingers

We've only just moved to wingers after 3 seasons of 3-5-2. I'm hoping the Andros Townsend deal has made the data cut to find out! 🤞

32 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

I'd love a daytime release so I can play whilst I 'work' (as we've already seen, its usually early evening)

Usually by the time its released in the evening and I've got my kids to bed, had dinner etc...there's no time to play or limited time!

FM parents and full time workers, back me up here :lol:

I got to go to work in an hour. Then comeback eat, look after my kid then sleep!

Friday to Sunday I'm incredibly busy with work, kid, actual football...yesterday or Monday were the best days to release for me. We have missed the window I can play again until Monday comes round!

Just now, Staf9 said:

think that will play better now that they have improved the positional play. you wont have 2 players sitting in the same 5 yard space. so you can use a winger cutting in but if the Mezz is already there the W stays wide. the rotations in postions look really good from the few vids i've watched

I can't wait for a winger that stays wide in build u and cuts inside with the ball. I can't believe that instruction was locked for so long 

Just now, nunch98 said:

I can't wait for a winger that stays wide in build u and cuts inside with the ball. I can't believe that instruction was locked for so long 

think it was hidden in the inverted winger role but just didnt work 

1 minute ago, Staf9 said:

That is my hope, Saka and Odegaard should be lethal

Just now, marcMCFC1986 said:

Ahhh right, I see.

Why would anyone choose to do that? Basically playing a game that isn't updated.

Maybe you didn't like the signings your club made