The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I....uh.... might get fired....

image.png.dae1ae1765610388e05617b8bd73229d.png

No clue what is happening, but we are completely ruined and I can't for the life of me understand why...

Thinking of combining a youth only save with a build a nation save. Playing as 2 managers. One club will be classic youth only and I'll hopefully stay with them for the whole save. Probably use 'my' profile for that club. Then add another manager to start a build a nation with the idea that this manager will get 1 team to a level that they're consistently getting in Europe and the facilities are vastly improved, then moving to another team in the nation to improve them and so on. Hopefully the classic youth only club will be able to tag along!

The reason being that I love a youth only save but sometimes miss the scouting aspect of the game. I've also had this idea about a roaming manager for the build a nation which sounds good in principle but it's very hard to leave a good team that you've built and go elsewhere! If I call manager 2 something like Journey Man it might make it easier! 

Can anyone recommend a league for this challenge? Ideally Europe and ideally a short season to keep it manageable. Malta perhaps? Or Gibraltar? 

2 hours ago, JD78 said:

Can anyone recommend a league for this challenge? Ideally Europe and ideally a short season to keep it manageable. Malta perhaps? Or Gibraltar? 

Gibraltar was a lot of fun. I did a save with Lions and stopped after they won the Champions league, but before the build the nation part. Stopped mostly because I really wanted to try the youth only save. 

The Gibraltar save was even more fun and more challenging when the game enforced the rule of having 4 home grown players on the pitch at all times. FM only enforces having 4 in the lineup, but not on the pitch. When players are in Gibraltar for 3 years (I think my memory is right) they can take citizenship and then a year or two later, they can play for the national team.

31 minutes ago, mpm2342 said:

Gibraltar was a lot of fun. I did a save with Lions and stopped after they won the Champions league, but before the build the nation part. Stopped mostly because I really wanted to try the youth only save. 

The Gibraltar save was even more fun and more challenging when the game enforced the rule of having 4 home grown players on the pitch at all times. FM only enforces having 4 in the lineup, but not on the pitch. When players are in Gibraltar for 3 years (I think my memory is right) they can take citizenship and then a year or two later, they can play for the national team.

I'm reluctant to choose Gibraltar on reflection because they don't have a relegation or promotion so it wouldn't be a proper Youth Only. 

Going with Iceland I think. I'll start off and see how it goes. 

Little bit of a spoiler (as I am planning on doing 2 seasons before updating) but I was a breath away from qualifying for the Champions League proper after introducing myself to my fellow Bears at Ibrox with a 3-2 win only to lose on penalties :Bowen:

image.thumb.png.058c579257bee8de38c8a30a5080e84a.png

image.png.fef97439b3fcf3d1661f0a057aef75c5.png

RC Jaen Season 25/26

I mist admit, these seasons seem a long while ago and finding it difficult to remember too much that happened (lack of screenshots taken as well) so these initial seasons around the lower leagues will be pretty brief. 

We managed to improve positionally on the first season, finishing 2nd and only 3 points off top spot. We had a spell toward the season where we drew 3 and lost 2 so a few better results there could have seen us win the title. Again, any injuries to our senior team and we were struggling. A few had retired and the beginning of the season and many of the youngsters just weren't quite ready to play at this level. Many teams are professional, including us, but we had to relinquish our professional status as we were losing money and were relying on the board providing cash injections. 

image.thumb.png.15fa06f6ebbf4df3c33d4ae27d4ecca5.png

It wasn't to be in the play-offs as we lost in the final 4-2 on aggregate. We had another 1 (possibly 2) players retire at the end of the season but the youngsters were now starting to play their part. Could we make that final push next season while we still had some of our top legacy players?

Saw someone just completed the challenge with Dulwich Hamlet and I dunno why but just killed my desire to keep trying with them, even though we finally made it to the Premier League in the 2060's lol

So, let's try one that I haven't seen anyone finish yet? (Though someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

spacer.png

Should be pretty tricky

spacer.png

On 20/09/2024 at 11:57, JD78 said:

Thinking of combining a youth only save with a build a nation save. Playing as 2 managers. One club will be classic youth only and I'll hopefully stay with them for the whole save. Probably use 'my' profile for that club. Then add another manager to start a build a nation with the idea that this manager will get 1 team to a level that they're consistently getting in Europe and the facilities are vastly improved, then moving to another team in the nation to improve them and so on. Hopefully the classic youth only club will be able to tag along!

The reason being that I love a youth only save but sometimes miss the scouting aspect of the game. I've also had this idea about a roaming manager for the build a nation which sounds good in principle but it's very hard to leave a good team that you've built and go elsewhere! If I call manager 2 something like Journey Man it might make it easier! 

This save didn't even last a day. Just could not get into it at all. 

I could carry on with my Forres Mechanics save but I'm finding Scotland a bit boring. Playing every team in the league 4 times is dull. Not sure what to do. 

12 minutes ago, JD78 said:

This save didn't even last a day. Just could not get into it at all. 

I could carry on with my Forres Mechanics save but I'm finding Scotland a bit boring. Playing every team in the league 4 times is dull. Not sure what to do. 

Yeah the Scottish league IRL needs a revamp, if you then draw a premiership team in the cup you can play them 6 times or 8 times if you get replays against them.

@mschafer13 no one has completed Northern Ireland yet, I’ve had two attempts at it but even though I had done well I stopped because of having to play so many games with all of the cups and having to play in the Scottish challenge cup every year.

Best of luck

I saw @mpm2342 is already doing really well in Northern Ireland, so I'm going to give somewhere I haven't seen anyone try lately - Denmark! Dalum IF. 1 star facilities and a 4,000 capacity stadium.

spacer.png

spacer.png

But at least we have a huge starting squad, that will be really helpful.

spacer.png

Still, predicted to finish last by a huge margin, so it might be a struggle to stay up.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, mschafer13 said:

I'm going to give somewhere I haven't seen anyone try lately - Denmark

Beware, anyone making less than £75 p/w can be poached by any other team! I did not know that in my save, so I lost half the first team before I got an answer as to why. It's not clear from the rules either, so I've asked SI to show this in future games, but I don't know if or when it will happen.

African_Lyon_Old_PNG.png.05f987ab6cdbd4e49e18c69880190294.pngFlag.jpg.4c3a49b16bdb5822e261c9db6ccff925.jpg

SEASON 12 – 2035/36 – Tanzanian Premier League

Fixtures: 1 2 3  -  First Team Squad: 1 2 – Under 19s Squad: 1 2

Manager Profile:  Characteristics  -  Attributes 

Club Profile  -  General  -  Facilities  -  Finances  -  Transfers 

League Season

We started the season in scintillating form and after 9 games had won 8 and lost 1. Unfortunately, the 1 loss had come to title rivals Young Africans, going down 4-1 at home. By the halfway point we were sat in 2nd place 6 points off Young Africans, but with a game in hand. We kept pace with them up until game week 20, when once again they battered us 3-0 to open up the gap to 6 points. With 4 left a home defeat to Simba all but ended any title dream and it was now a battle on with Simba to claim the 2nd Champions League spot. We managed to push on and get that 2nd spot but finished 7 points off the top.

league.PNG.d9dbd40ee1e5ec82b902c7077c4fe439.PNG

CAF Confederation Cup

Back in Africa’s Europa League equivalent and it all started off pretty much how it has normally gone in these competitions for us. Comfortable (ish) in the qualifiers and then two 3-0 wins and a draw to start the group. We had one foot in the Quarters but the wheels literally fell off and we lost our last 3 to drop to 3rd and crash out at the group stage.

CAFConf.PNG.f0dc2ff76372ccb26695f967554d2fde.PNG

Tanzanian Federation Cup

A poor season in the cup. A tough draw at home to Young Africans in the last 16 but it meant another big loss to them this season.

cup.PNG.a4dcc806c005fe048756a54a6f219d73.PNG

THE PLAYERS

Godfrey Bakari

Re-trained into a full back and has now made the left back spot his own. 20 assists and a 7.37 average rating.

David Shabani

Another excellent season for the DM.

Kassim Singano

Found his way into the team after 2 years out on loan and as a result Salum didn’t start a single game. 14 goals in 22 starts.

Salum Mwashiuya

Another great season with 21 in 40 starts from AM.

Hassan Abdallah

Came through last seasons intake and has the potential to be a goal machine. 23 in 30 starts at just 16. Got his opportunity after Ngasa left for Simba.

Omary Mwinyi

Starting to look like a real player now and still only 17. 18 goals, 12 assists and an average rating of 7.82. Valued up to £700k already.

THE YOUTH INTAKE 1 2

Standard intake in the main.

OFF THE FIELD

Ngasa had negotiated a release clause in his contract and we were powerless to stop him leaving to rivals Simba. £350k fee also probably lower than what we could have got had we been able to negotiate.

simba.PNG.4ca2c291ddf7770675ee2b5bb1bce9d0.PNG

simbastats.thumb.PNG.89e8553444f1f96374d199f043d5da12.PNG

SEASON REPORT

Disappointing not to add silverware and poor in the CAF confederation. Good to be back in the Champions League.

Comps.PNG.a6acadc4394c0f8c635162936e4f5467.PNG

Players.PNG.4c186fbc24670ea69ca5492b5559d26c.PNG

Edited by Shankly84

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Beware, anyone making less than £75 p/w can be poached by any other team! I did not know that in my save, so I lost half the first team before I got an answer as to why. It's not clear from the rules either, so I've asked SI to show this in future games, but I don't know if or when it will happen.

Yikes!

That certainly adds to the difficulty level...

Took 2 seasons, I had to get used to the weird promotion/relegation thing in Denmark where they split up the table halfway through the year, but we're going up! Great start to the season, horrible middle, but we ended up winning 9 of the last 10 and got promoted despite being tied on points with the next team. I'll take it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thankfully the board decided we could turn semi-pro at least, so we'll see if that helps at all. Handful of decent youth to help fill out the bench as we fight to not get immediately relegated next season.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, mschafer13 said:

Yikes!

That certainly adds to the difficulty level...

Yeah, I'm tempted to another save in Denmark at some point, but I need to remember this rule before doing so! :D

I just thought you should know in case your players on contract decide to leave on a free without you being able to do much to stop it as I did before.

header.PNG.7864b069f5384f45bdddf8d02320764f.PNG 

Fixtures: 1 2 3  -  First Team Squad: 1 2 – Under 19s Squad: 1 2   

Club Profile  -  General  -  Facilities  -    Finances  -  Transfers 

League Season

Frustratingly beaten in the final of the Community Shield to Young Africans. The league season pretty much went the same way the last 3 or 4 have gone. Very constituent throughout but losing our games against title rivals. A 7-2 home defeat to Simba a particular low. We trudged away as we tend to do and managed 2nd for the 3rd year running just pipping Simba on games won after finishing level on points and goal difference. Disappointed to be 11 points off the top.

League.PNG.2a919ab4d0316cb21a26b04a66dcd91a.PNG

CAF Champions League

Shocking performance in the Champions league. We breezed past Niger’s AS Sonidep 13-0 on aggregate, but then were given an awful draw of Sundowns. We lost at home 2-1 and 3-1 away, to end our seasons continental football before the group stage.

cl.PNG.cb5bc4bc1dd722b9881e7414f4eb4025.PNG

Tanzanian Federation Cup

Another great run in the cup, beating Simba on pens in the semi-final. Young Africans were the opposition in the final though and despite holding a 2-0 lead at one point we webt down 5-4 to lose the cup final for the first time.

cup.PNG.b78e8b620a0e93f383dccef701cf99f1.PNG

cuphistory.PNG.bf34b8fa99f9c94c15a01bab3af92e08.PNG

THE PLAYERS

Godfrey Bakari

Stalwart at left back for us now. 9 goals and 18 assists. Came 3rd place in the Tanzanian player of the season.

David Shabani

One of his best seasons yet, chipping in with 18 assists.

Charles Singano

Developing as a great utility player who has helped out in numerous positions.

Ally Makasi

Broke into the DM role at the expense of Dickson Sigano and had a great season.

Rajab Seif

First season in the first team and looks like we have another player on our hands. 6 goals and 12 assists from right midfield.

Ali Mgosi

Forced his way into the AM role at the expense of the excellent Mwashiuya. 23 goals in 26 starts, 12 assists and 7.83 average rating. Came 2nd place in the Tanzanian player of the season.

Hassan Abdallah

Goal machine continues his form. 27 goals in 31 games and still only 18.

Omary Mwinyi

Probably already the clubs best ever. Another 21 goals in attacking midfield, and a superb average rating of 7.90.

Salum Kaseke

Shoutout to Kaseke who played as Abdallah’s back up. Manged 15 goals in just 10 starts.

THE YOUTH INTAKE 1 2

The intakes continue to impress. Mrwanda will challenge the first team and Ali will make a good backup right midfield. Ayoub Tanzman looks like we have our goalkeeper tied down for the next 20 years (if we can keep him).

20240728115929_1.thumb.jpg.24e7c5f1596f21f3a52aacab82f7e26f.jpg

Under 19s finished 2nd.

OFF THE FIELD

I was offered both the Tanzanian national team job and an interview for the Simba job. Obviously, these were both outright rejected.

SEASON REPORT

Disappointing not to add silverware again and the Champions League run was really poor. Need to close the gap to the top.

comps.PNG.adbb84dd8b8fe00414195f24afd58198.PNG

player.PNG.32fbbf3360e6ff2328ccbc0aa2e9d7d5.PNG

header.PNG.e444fc1110d92819053f35c5c9fe8fe3.PNG    

Fixtures: 1 2 3  -  First Team Squad: 1 2 – Under 19s Squad: 1 2   

League Season

Still seen as 25-1 outsiders. The community shield saw us reach the final again, only to go down 6-5 in a crazy game to Young Africans.

The league fixture computer couldn’t have given us a worse first game. Young Africans away! In a game that went back and forth it was 3-3 going into injury time, then up popped David Shabani with a 95th minute winner to see us finally beat them. Our first win against them in 14 games after being unbeaten against them in the previous 8 to that.

YoungAfresults.PNG.11aaed83602d91114291360e3eac6023.PNG

Despite the great result, the season itself didn’t start so well and after 8 games we were sat in 4th place and already 6 points behind Young Africans. We were never really in it and despite beating Simba 2-1 away on game 19, we were still 10 points off the top, who happened to be Simba. The season fizzled out and we ended up in a disappointing 3rd place. More frustratingly Simba won the league this year and not Young Africans. A big chance missed.

League.PNG.221ac40759c271a7d325e9e452b904ac.PNG

CAF Champions League

Another disappointing campaign. After progressing past Marimoo FC 17-3 on aggregate, we came up against the Tunisian side Club Africain. We won the first leg 5-2 but ended up with 8 of our starting 11 being away on international duty for the 2nd leg. I was hoping we could hold out, but we went down 4-0 and we was out again before the groups had even began.

cl.PNG.d76bb1137a42c6776702b3955a8e24d8.PNG

Tanzanian Federation Cup

Quarter-final was as far as we got as we came across the absolute pain in the arse Young Africans and lost 4-3.

Cup.PNG.7a5ca1352af5d68fb480808cc253b060.PNG

THE PLAYERS

Ayoub Tanzman

Although he conceded 62 in 37, it was Tanzman’s breakout season and something to build on.

Seif Rajab

Had his best season at right back, with 6 goals, 8 assists and an average rating of 7.48.

Godfrey Bakari

Another typical Bakari season. 17 assists, 7 goals and 7.47 average rating.

Rajab Seif

2nd season in the team and really kicked on with a massive 25 assists, 14 goals and 7.65 average rating. Wants to leave though which is very frustrating.

Ali Mgosi

Really kicked on with 34 goals in 36 games, although this did include 13 pens. 7.62 average rating.

Omary Mwinyi

26 goals in 34 games and 7.78 average rating.

THE YOUTH INTAKE 1 2

The intakes have really started to step up. 4 or 5 players looking likely to influence the first team next season.

Under 19s finished 2nd.

OFF THE FIELD

I reached 600 games in management and Ayoub Kibombo is now the league appearance record holder with 223 appearances.

comps.PNG.862d9bec99920a366e6dc8805f5a2492.PNG

player.PNG.024c312eb69bc309f671dfa8f4869367.PNG

Edited by Shankly84

Poole Town – Season 20 (2043/44)

Premiership. A great season; we were right in the thick of the title race all of a sudden and top with 4 games to go. Then of course we go and lose 5-1 at home to Arsenal (despite "winning" the xG) who leapfrog us into first place. But all is not lost, it turns out, a couple of slip ups by City and Arsenal put us back top with 1 game to go, all we have to do is beat Stoke (who have been our bogey team, to be fair) away. Sure enough, we go 1-0 up but they equalise in the 95th minute - however, luckily both City and Arsenal messed up so we ended up winning the league! (on goal difference, with a rather measly 83 points)

spacer.png spacer.png

Europe Some great performances in the CL group stage, but the pace of games took its toll in the spring and we lost out to Real Madrid in the quarters.

spacer.png

Players Jacob Bibby 12a (AMRLC/ST) is very much the star man, with 5 England caps to his name. Jamie Thomas 14a (AMRL) was the surprise of the season, bursting into the first team after several years out on loan, and making the left-wing spot his own. A big shout out to our captain Paul Barrow 04b (DR/AMRC), an attacking mid who I had to retrain as rightback in Vanarama South, has been with us through all the divisions, and since I still don't have many decent right backs he managed 13 games in the PL with an average rating of near 7, more than justifying his PL winner's medal. Two players on the NxGn list so we still have room to improve.

Youth intake (preview): A pretty good intake with 4 elite talents, nobody really stands out in terms of CA or personalities so I'll have to wait and see how they develop.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Facilities No change, but got a few affiliate clubs to recruit foreign youngsters.

Transfers: nothing of note.

Season    |  League        | Pos. |     Europe     |   Best player                    |  Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25   | Vanarama South |  10  |     n/a        |  William Butler (GK)             |
2025/26   | Vanarama South |  3   |     n/a        |  Filbert Owusu-Antwi (ST)        | Lost in playoff final
2026/27   | Vanarama South |  15  |     n/a        |  Filbert Owusu-Antwi (ST)        | FA cup 3rd round
2027/28   | Vanarama South |  1   |     n/a        |  Sean Young 02b (AMC)            | Promoted
2028/29   | Vanarama Nat.  |  23  |     n/a        |  Filbert Owusu-Antwi (ST)        | Relegated
2029/30   | Vanarama South |  4   |     n/a        |  Sean Young 02b (AMC)            | Promoted via playoffs
2030/31   | Vanarama Nat.  |  5   |     n/a        |  Danilo Russo 04a (AMR)          | Lost in playoff semi-final
2031/32   | Vanarama Nat.  |  5   |     n/a        |  Danilo Russo 04a (AMR)          | Lost in playoff 1st round
2032/33   | Vanarama Nat.  |  1   |     n/a        |  Danilo Russo 04a (AMR)          | Promoted
2033/34   | League 2       |  2   |     n/a        |  Tom Grant 05a (ST)              | Promoted
2034/35   | League 1       |  1   |     n/a        |  Tom Grant 05a (ST)              | Promoted
2035/36   | Championship   |  10  |     n/a        |  Sean Young 02b (AMC)            |
2036/37   | Championship   |  7   |     n/a        |  Jamie Owen 09a (AMRL)           |
2037/38   | Championship   |  5   |     n/a        |  Jamie Owen 09a (AMRL)           | Lost in playoff final
2038/39   | Championship   |  1   |     n/a        |  Jamie Owen 09a (AMRL)           | Promoted
2039/40   | Premiership    |  12  |     n/a        |  Dylan Sultana 12c (DM/AMC)      |
2040/41   | Premiership    |  10  |     n/a        |  Jamie Owen 09a (AMRL)           |
2041/42   | Premiership    |  9   |     n/a        |  Dylan Sultana 12c (DM/AMC)      |
2042/43   | Premiership    |  5   |     n/a        |  Jacob Bibby 12a (AMLC/ST)       |
2043/44   | Premiership    |  1   |     CL QF      |  Jacob Bibby 12a (AMLC/ST)       |

Facilities
----------
Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024      |  Fairly basic |  Basic            | Poor           |  Poor           |  2500
2024/25   |  Average      |  Fairly basic     | Poor           |  Poor           |  2500
2025/26   |  Average      |  Fairly basic     | Poor           |  Poor           |  2500
2026/27   |  Average      |  Average          | Poor           |  Poor           |  3000
2027/28   |  Adequate     |  Above average    | Basic          |  Poor           |  3000
2028/29   |  Adequate     |  Above average    | Below average  |  Basic          |  3000
2029/30   |  Adequate     |  Above average    | Below average  |  Basic          |  3000
2030/31   |  Good         |  Good             | Below average  |  Basic          |  4000
2031/32   |  Excellent    |  Excellent        | Below average  |  Basic          |  4000
2032/33   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Below average  |  Basic          |  4000
2033/34   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Adequate       |  Below average  |  5500
2034/35   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Adequate       |  Below average  |  5500
2035/36   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  6377
2036/37   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Average        |  Average        |  6377
2037/38   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Good           |  Good           |  6377
2038/39   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Great          |  Good           |  6377
2039/40   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | Superb         |  Excellent      |  5000
2040/41   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | State of art   |  Excellent      |  6377
2041/42   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | State of art   |  Excellent      |  6377
2043/43   |  Exceptional  |  Exceptional      | State of art   |  Superb         |  6377

header.PNG.5cb3b122f03b73d90e98369bd6da1ff9.PNG   

Fixtures: 1 2 3 -  First Team Squad: 1 2 – Under 19s Squad: 1 2   

League Season

To start the season off the team changed from their usual yellow home kit to a green and yellow. This appears to be closer to the kit in real life, but I could be wrong.

For the first time since 2037 we won the Community Shield, beating Young Africans 3-2 in the final.

We couldn’t have made a better start to the league season. Our 1-0 win a home to Young Africans made it 7 wins from 7. Simba had also started well though and were only 2 points behind. Our first loss came at Simba in game 13, but we still had 36 points from a possible 39.

simbaer.PNG.b430c5a8d7024d156aab0efe73d412b9.PNG

By game 20, we were 4 points clear of Simba, although they had a game in hand. Young Africans hadn’t been themselves and were starting to fall behind in 3rd place.

A big win at Young Africans, and with 8 games to go we could see a pathway home to that 2nd title, then with 3 games to go disaster struck. A poor 1-1 draw away at Fountain Gate meant Simba had pushed ahead of us.

It was still in our own hands, as we had to play Simba. The game went back and forth. In the 74th minute they were down to 10 men, but we were losing 4-2. We pulled two goals back, but Ali’s 90th minute equaliser wasn’t enough, and it was going to take a miracle.

simba.PNG.0d70a0abf50310bb6898fa34aaed8de2.PNG

The next game and we completely shot ourselves in the foot, drawing 2-2 at 9th place Tabora United. Shocking!

Tabora.PNG.cea1bd08f6504717d97cf1c2891f2e80.PNG

Into the last game and Simba do slip up at Fountain Gate, but they get the point they need and we finish 2nd a point behind them. A win over Tabora and we’d of been champions. Very frustrating.

lastgame.PNG.18a2be36104055be9f255548b6f5c530.PNG

CAF Confederation Cup

Going into this one as holders now, we were confident. We eased through the qualifiers as usual.

qual.PNG.ab14ddd25b180513682edc471ac774f3.PNG

The groups were almost as easy. 6 wins from 6, including a 5-1 away win in Egypt.

group.PNG.e913bfcc868c71eb52986c80c3e278af.PNG

Hearts of Oak from Ghana in the quarters and despite them scoring an impressvie 8 over two legs, we managed 11!!

qf.PNG.5aba461da629009ae421a0987bf51eef.PNG

Super Sport United next in the semis and two more high scoring games, winning 5-3 at home and a 4-4 away draw to go through to the final in back-to-back years.

sf.PNG.7921d2703e8d03ef32a2b71758afbf06.PNG

The final was an all-Tanzanian affair in Gabon. I didn’t think this would be an issue but former African Lyon player Idarous Abdallah had other ideas, scoring a hattrick in the first leg as we went down 3-2.  The 2nd leg was much more comfortable, winning 6-1 to claim back-to-back CAF Confederation cups.

final1.PNG.621674e5498c16f7fec2e50ff6a49672.PNGfinal2.PNG.7a898b77a6cd540466c3bb3932c784ef.PNG

confedfinal.PNG.5f54f68e1b118b25eb3b872bf63005dc.PNG

CAF Super Cup

After winning the CAF Confederation Cup last year, we qualified for the Super cup, where we would face Champions League winners Wydad Athletic Club. It was a tight game that finished 1-1, but we managed to get over the line winning on pens to win this trophy for the first time and bag another £400k. This was invested straight into the youth facilities.

Tanzanian Federation Cup

One better this time, but we go out to Simba in the semis, 6-4 after extra time. Former players Ngasa and Seif on the scoresheet.

cup.PNG.2a113e4797cf7784249a06cf1e8831c0.PNG

THE PLAYERS

Godfrey Bakari

31 assists from left back!

Michael Omar

Broke into the centre midfield spot. 18 goals, 13 assists and 5.51 average rating.

Ramadhani Ali

Kicked on again and gained an average rating of 7.68. Still only 18 and an excellent replacement for Seif.

George Rashid

Utility man who has played in numerous positions. 12 goals in 22 starts.

Ali Mgosi

Continues to deliver when called upon. 44 goals and assists and an average rating of 7.74.

Omary Mwinyi

The main man and has never pushed for a move. 46 goals, a best ever seasonal return for the club.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

It looks like another superstar could be on his way through. James Tanzman probably the best player to come through to date.

tanzman.PNG.0e75d5d058e23008c74ca9cfc2f09c48.PNG

Under 19s finished 2nd.

OFF THE FIELD

I had a feeling it would come, but Ayoub Tanzman moved on to Benfica for £500k. We could have got a bigger fee, but I was more interested in the percentage of next sale. Especially as he is already worth between £14.5m and £16.5m.

transf.PNG.437576acbaf3f74ba10bf1baabd7fc6e.PNG

ayoub.thumb.PNG.0c7eb426b1a636f3900e193ac55e0e31.PNG

In November Benfica let us buy out the clause for £9.02m!! I suspect that he will move on for a lot more than this, but these are astonishing figures for us that could be a game changer for the facilities.

sellon.PNG.a14cd54f04b1afc0bddd1786408fb5d6.PNG

In December we also let Charles Singano go for £300k to Young Africans. For once this was my decision. He was one of my favourite players, due to his flexibility, but he was never going to be a starter and £300k was too good to turn down. I don’t think he will get in their team either.

I reached 700 games in management.

Comps.PNG.ecf8b95f306b399b0599fd7057fa261a.PNG

Players.PNG.d89eeade1bc5656c90de0e9b25e7f495.PNG

Edited by Shankly84

8 hours ago, Padders said:

Also want to post about David Kelly, 33 years old now, played left wing all his career. I don't tend to keep many players after 32 yrs old as their stats just dramatically decline

Just got top scorer in the league 

image.png.873079327b21d25881d26e3676e5cc5d.png

Been superb servant for us

image.png.78ad6576d925c854db9202439c0facf6.png

image.png.7951714c0ca774dfd6b1948c7e005880.png

You're a legend, but if that's a starter for you I understand why the Premier league is a struggle! He should have been put out to pasture a couple seasons ago :(  I'd love a quick summary of your youth prospects over the past 10 years, there must be some gems in there.

Crewe United 2038 Season Update

Screenshot2024-07-30134224.png.ef182920480cb234aa65837ca9339839.png

Season 14 Update:

Finished 3rd this season getting a place straight away to Europe. We also convinced the board to turn professional which created a lot of work signing players and staff to new contracts. Still can't offer a decent wage to staff, so not doing so well on that front, but I expect in a few seasons, we should be able to get better staff.
Screenshot2024-09-23110145.png.7486c1b4fa97962fb064727c47cf1eeb.png

Got all the facilities boosted with the training facilities getting in the range to make a difference in player development. Had a great year scoring goals with Gawne topping the league for goals and then he gets demoted to the reserve squad because there are better options now... I feel for him, but not too much.

Screenshot2024-09-23134430.png.ffe46b8b39f34ab8ec191440e0f9f4ab.png
Screenshot2024-09-23134445.png.0e99e9604d848712d3a2c02365db0fa1.png

Transfers:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-23134748.png.6ecdb51d72cc696be22607656d4cdd7b.png

Youth Candidates:

Forgot to take a snapshot of the actual intake email, but we got another message about a golden generation. I included the scholars announcement as that is a far back as I can see in the inbox. Screenshot2024-09-23135050.thumb.png.8fd35960aa1238d372bc8942050de11c.png
Screenshot2024-09-23135105.thumb.png.b1ab75a55b404defc827a2fcb32f8e31.png.

Stuart Annett is an exceptional talent and will start right away.

Screenshot2024-09-23135502.png.cc257b534d03527acc240e4f271b9667.png
Decent mix of personalities. Already mentoring Annett from Temperamental to Balanced and will keep going on that front.

Screenshot2024-09-23135552.png.953da65d087aafab4eedddaa0fc01d03.png

Screenshot2024-09-23135813.png.7e3ce0329ddd56c56e0ddb4cac3c48bb.pngScreenshot2024-09-23135840.png.26e9bdbf8703836f71c5fdeea326bbb0.png
Screenshot2024-09-23140545.png.1ebc56ae6e66f380c285fdcb1ca3c6b3.png

Squad Update:

Here is how the squad is rated heading into next season. Starting developing players paid off and the squad as a whole is stronger. Flynn is going to move to striker taking over for Gawne because Miller developed a lot last season where Gawne and Flynn did not. .

Screenshot2024-09-22174920.png.dba60485e28e980f75bab60693deb1ed.png

The squad rating grew by 2.1 points heading into this season which was really nice to see.

Screenshot2024-09-23140931.png.b4fc9626a526434cbe6a56955bdccbba.png
Screenshot2024-09-23140939.png.00d66cc17097d7828a0b8285ff772bb9.png

Bingo

A few more squares completed, most notably the top goal scorer.

Screenshot2024-09-23141106.png.3e56a55fe9940f115980d8790d7642aa.png

38 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

Sorry for taking over so much. I've only got one more season then I'm up to date.

No worries. My work has a connection to Tanzania (via a charity) so it's nice to see your updates.