The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

I dropped a save in mid April to get a new team in england but on the 24th the same teams are promoted... is this normal?

I think it's just random chance then, as the date you need to save on to get new teams are May 24th.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb XaW:

I think it's just random chance then, as the date you need to save on to get new teams are May 24th.

So I still could get different clubs if I sim on? Or I'm getting something wrong?

Edited by Scraborn

5 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

So I still could get different clubs if I sim on? Or I'm getting something wrong?

Yeah, should be fine to reload from somewhere in April.

3 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

now i'm in the 5th try and nothing changed so far... feels a bit weird?

I have seen this happen in other countries but not in England, saving in mid may and then holidaying till 24 jun should get a change in the teams

2 minutes ago, jrobertgordon13 said:

Also, for this save, is it ok if I take over the lowest team from the 4th tier?

Holiday for one season and take over the team who finished in last place in the bottom tier.

Such a filthy goal! Leave one in the dust by a dummy with the shoulder, then sprint past another before curling into the top corner. :eek:

i2RVmIL.gif

Who says you can't get quality in the lower leagues! :D 

16 hours ago, V50 said:

The stars above personality. Higher reputation attracts better players I think. So a 3 star HoY might not attract as good players as a 5 star one.

Ok fair point

Just checked on staff search and there nobody above 3 stars that is interested in joining

Dulwich Hamlet Football Club - Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

Dulwich Hamlet Premier League Season 2040/41 Review

League This gonna be a quick one really. Pretty much same as last season (finished 2 points worse off) but better against the bottom sides, struggle against the top ones, and go 50/50 with ones around us.

FA CupMade the 4th round but lost to Bournemouth side. Annoying as we were comfortable in the league so I really tried in it this year but our away form was shocking this season

League CupPoor from us, annoying here as all the top sides went out early and one semi had 2 Championship sides in and it was won by Villa who ended up relegated. Could have been a chance for us here.

Transfers Loads of loans out (27 in total) would make Chelsea jealous :D 

Squad Starting to move on from the stalwarts, Abdusalam finally had a major breakthrough I've been waiting for this year with 23 goals (joint top Prem scorer) but he hit 21 in the Championship 5 years ago and never kicked on so we'll see if this is an actual breakthrough. We had a top 5 attack and a bottom 5 defence so we need to improve. In the loan army there are 2 or 3 18 year olds who I'm hoping will be ready to play a part next season and take us up another level. We'll see though as I'm starting to feel we've reached the glass ceiling and need 2 or 3 special players to develop if we're going to kick on from here.

Intake the preview was decent as was the intake really.

Jimmy Lisle 41A - a right back, we do need to improve the backline
Chez Waller 41B - lovely first name and a ok looking attacker
Nico Lambert 41C - CB, looks solid

Career Overview 

2024/25		VNLS		1st 		Good			Average			Promotion, Manager of the year
2025/26		VNL		10th 		Good			Above Average		First coaching badge
2026/27		VNL		2nd 		Good			Above Average 		Promotion via playoffs, Manager of the season, second coaching badge
2027/28		L2		10th 		Adequate		Above Average		3rd coaching badge
2028/29		L2		12th 		Good			Above Average		Continental C Licence obtained
2029/30		L2		15th  		Good 			Good  			Continental B Licence Obtained. Started on Continental A 
2030/31		L2		11th  		Good  			Excellent		Finished Continental A Licence
2031/32		L2		2nd 		Good 			Excellent		Promoted. Manager of the year. Started final coaching badge
2032/33		L1		4th 		Good			Excellent		EFL Trophy winners. Promoted via playoffs. Completed all coaching badges
2033/34		Chmp		14th 		Excellent		Excellent 
2034/35		Chmp		10th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2035/36		Chmp		8th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2036/37		Chmp		8th  		Exceptional		Exceptional
2037/38  	Chmp  		1st  		Exceptional		Exceptional		Promoted as Champions
2038/39		Prem		13th  		Exceptional		Exceptional		League Cup runners up
2039/40		Prem		9th  		Exceptional 		Exceptional
2040/41		Prem		10th  		Exceptional		Exceptional

45 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

@djsterry congrats ;) any smal tips for me in England?

Yeah have lots of patience :lol:, all about the pace in the lower leagues imo, don't get too attached to players. I sold quite a few just to fund the upgrades, a star man can quite easily be a sub in 2-3 years so club progress over any attachment to players 

k3nuaQh.png

Conwy Borough - Wales

EAOSqzS.png

Yeah, it will be Conwy Borough again. I say again because I think my first attempt was done (and failed) with this team in Wales. By the way, @XaW, I can't send PM but the idea of merging the accounts is great. My username was diegolawliet. I chose this team because it has the most number of players in squad and I know that's very important for the first season. 43 players in total, though many of them have already received some bids. I hope I don't lose so much players. What I know now that is key for this challenge is the Head of Youth Development role, which is currently free, so I'll post an advertisement and see if I can hire someone good. About the league: the JD Cymru North has 16 teams which play against each other twice in a season and the worst three get relegated. My goal is to not be relegated. It doesn't matter if it's by goal difference.

k3nuaQh.png

[+] Diego Castillo Flores' profile
[+] Season preview
[+] Game information

Austria - 2061/62 

spgwelslogo.png.e37db3b2025fae478fb451a681e9a257.png

Wels Win 9th Straight League title, Mess Up In Champions League Again

The league was quite exciting this year. When Rapid beat us with 4 games to go to go 4 points clear I thought it was all over. But they completely bottled the last 4 games meaning we could slip in and take the title right at the death. We were able to lose our final game to a 90+2 minute goal and still be champions as they struggled to a 0-0 draw. Nice!

Same old story in the Champions League. Some nice results, but we really struggle against the bigger teams away from home

62seasonreview.thumb.JPG.34636f30976b7434ab7a6a44929c7f17.JPG

62champleagueresults.thumb.JPG.4bbcae9fdc7c9c66a917f618b6ae302a.JPG

What with the completely unsurprising news about FM25 it looks like I'll be plugging away in Austria for a while yet!

62career.thumb.JPG.3b96288da25597c4db0c48967b260ec0.JPG

14 hours ago, djsterry said:

Well lets get a start on Asia then

image.png.f5d357a450cdc903c466da306a5c3401.png

Quick Update not counting the first season as only 6/7 games left when I joined 

This is the starting point for facilities, not great

image.png.d2d22c4c7f62680b602b756fa660be2f.png

Finances are insecure and basically had no staff

I hired a HOYD that was actually just a performance analyst, finances are very tight and no one else would join on the £400 a week max

image.thumb.png.00c549fe5a461b2a46dbff309a50b8fd.png

released a few terrible players, standard is very low I'm just going to trust the player reports here and all these were 1/1.5 potential and had no useful stats. Players wont improve much at this level with my facilities etc so I'm looking for any useful stats.

image.png.3900fa263c5a77f11fad64aff4440e47.png

Going into next year not knowing what to expect , team looks very poor to me but they are expecting a top half finish. 

With the delay in FM25 i have decided to have another go, this time in Spain. Profile

Managed to get Xerez DFC who have below average facilities compared to many at this level but a big stadium and quite a few fans. The squad is a bit small and unbalanced with some good older players and almost nothing on the right hand side.

After several years of game time in Croatia with NK Karlovac it is time for something else. I wasn't making any progress in the Champions League, domesticly we were dominating things. My chairman refused time and time again to max out the youth facilities even with 250 mil in the bank!!

So i was searching for a new challenge... with FM25 delayed, i was looking for the new seasons experience so i looked into the released data updates and found a big big giant in France. With a little bit more time in hand to complete it I chose for a club that is ready to shoot up!

ScreenHunter190.thumb.png.eef442b190d1c847428f4f64e309c3f9.png

afbeelding_2024-10-13_214520046.thumb.png.465b40200c8f611b9ccf13542f1fabef.png

17 minutes ago, Perre8 said:

After several years of game time in Croatia with NK Karlovac it is time for something else. I wasn't making any progress in the Champions League, domesticly we were dominating things. My chairman refused time and time again to max out the youth facilities even with 250 mil in the bank!!

So i was searching for a new challenge... with FM25 delayed, i was looking for the new seasons experience so i looked into the released data updates and found a big big giant in France. With a little bit more time in hand to complete it I chose for a club that is ready to shoot up!

ScreenHunter190.thumb.png.eef442b190d1c847428f4f64e309c3f9.png

afbeelding_2024-10-13_214520046.thumb.png.465b40200c8f611b9ccf13542f1fabef.png

Which data update did you use for this?