The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

image.png.49cc2c002eef1cfecb672c8c5d712229.png

Got this in my inbox. It's interesting as it's the first time we've had new TV deals for the top flight. I know it's no money so it could just be the game refreshing, but I wonder if the league has developed enough to where we get new deals and parachute payments and it will increase in the future.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nottingham Forest said:

I have managed to get one of the unambitious players into spirited. It’s not the end especially with bad mentors but I’ll take it.

Spirited is quite good no? Means they handle pressure really well. I hope so because I have left the spirited ones I have alone

Edited by HbG93

Awesome @mschafer13 :applause:

Looks like you hit a rich vein of form at exactly the right time with your last 5 games, was River's loss on the penultimate day to you or someone else? If it was to you then that's such a vital win, love those type of wins.

43065077.png

MATERA

Season 2  Update

2045-2025

Serie C - Group C

Again the second part of the season was worse than the first part, but this time we managed to never risk relegation, finishing closer to the playoff zone than to the playout one :D 

The youth intake this year was meh, our 2 best newgens of the first year are improving decently with our winger Danzi (who finished top assists for the team) receiving some interest from Serie B teams, he just turned pro so I hope I can renew him as soon as possible.

Finances aren't growing so it's very hard to improve facilities, as of now I'm trying to improve the skills of the staff, me included, with better members and with coaching courses.

But, thanks to Al-Ittihad and Napoli, we received 740k as solidarity bonus for the sale of Di Lorenzo for 74m, this will surely help to not go negative balance in this 3rd season!! 

For context, the Napoli IRL captain was a key member of Matera in 2015/2016 when the team lost 2 games away from promotion to Serie B and ended up going bankrupt and having to restart from 5th tier

R1SMtGo.png

N96MCzR.png

Third season the goal is to confirm this mid-table finish with no stress, and let the youngsters grow more

On 23/10/2024 at 19:08, mschafer13 said:

Club Cipolletti 2035/36

Still haven't won the league, but I did manage to win another Copa Libertadores! Not bad. Predicated to finish 18th and finished 3rd. Finally got a 4 star youth, though Man City have started poaching my players, so you win some, you lose some. Pushing on to win the League one of these years so I can complete the challenge! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

What is Tumiri's attributes like just coming through? 4 star CA for an already established top division side he must be unreal.

17 hours ago, Thebaker said:

image.jpeg.348b56e650231c4f3b78b21d8fae41f1.webp.277b988ddf2e3be443d0319b3fbb7e88.webp.19044a04be670f8708dc6ae17ab8fbd6.webp

2026/27

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season really well going unbeaten for the first 9 games to go top. A sticky patch followed the first defeat where the club dropped out of the playoff spots by xmas. A renewed push in the at the end of jan sent the club back into the mix for the playoff spots making it with a game to spare. In the semi-final of the playoff the team faced S.Gijon B and won 3-1 away in the first leg before winning 2-1 at home with 2 late goals. In the playoff final the team faced another B team in Oviedo B. The away tie 1st leg was very one-sided and the team were lucky not to lose more than 0-2. In the home leg 2 goals in the first 7 minutes wiped out that advantage and although my team were slightly better could only draw the match 2-2 in the end.

Probably needed another season in this league to get some of the youth players up to a good level, but lost Llamas my 1st choice Gk at the end of the season as he wanted twice what i could offer him in wages.

Not entered in the Spanish cup but 5th should get an entry for next season.

Finances continued to drop until may when the board put £375K in and 19k crowds in the home playoff legs also helped.

Hoyos was again top scorer improving on last year. Several of the youth players have made the first team squad with Ramirez and Soriano producing as goal threats. Started the season with Dorronsoro at CB but he was  overtaken by Antonio by the end.

Youth preview was ok and was correct in that there were plenty of wingers, not sure how many will make an immediate impact.  Fraga, Moreno and Gill look the best.

Hide contents

Youth Nationalities:

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

87.50%

Spain

85.42%

Cameroon

4.17%

Brazil

2.08%

Mexico

1.04%

Australia

1.04%

Africa

7.29%

Bulgaria

2.08%

Mali

2.08%

Argentina

1.04%

South America

3.13%

Nigeria

1.04%

Oceania

1.04%

North America

1.04%

Asia

0.00%

Hide contents

Season

League

Position

Spanish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2024/25

Federation 2nd Gp4

8th

2nd Rd

N/A

Jovanovic (12)

Carri (13)

Adequate

Adequate

Average

Average

2025/26

Federation 2nd Gp4

13th

Not entered

N/A

Hoyos (11)

Tejada(7)

Adequate

Adequate

Average

Average

2026/27

Federation 2nd Gp4

5th

Not entered

N/A

Hoyos (21)

Jovanovic, Soriano (25j), Ramerez (25c) (7)

Adequate

Adequate

Average

Average

Youth Name

All time apps

Youth Name

All time Goals

Youth Name

All time Assists

Moises Ramirez (25c)

Luis Soriano (25j)

Luis Soriano (25j)

Saul Dorronsoro (25a)

Moises Ramirez (25c)

Moises Ramirez (25c)

Luis Soriano (25j)

Santiago Alarcon (25i)

Ivan Conde (26e)

Santiago Alarcon (25i)

Guillermo Villanueva(26a)

Saul Dorronsoro (25a)

Ivan Conde (26e)

Ivan Conde (26e)

Javier Ruiz (25h)

If similar to me, you will get a massive jump in season ticket income from Federation 2 to 1 which will see you break even mostly. The big money comes from TV revenue when you made the jump to the Second division where I think I am around £6mil per season or thereabouts. Only losing money now due to repayments on new stadium that is currently being built. 

31 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

If similar to me, you will get a massive jump in season ticket income from Federation 2 to 1 which will see you break even mostly. The big money comes from TV revenue when you made the jump to the Second division where I think I am around £6mil per season or thereabouts. Only losing money now due to repayments on new stadium that is currently being built. 

don't have to worry about stadiums since Xerez stadium is 20K and can be expanded. The club has 4200 season tickets but clubs with 2700 make far more as they charge twice as much, the team also gets no extra fans on the day or away fans.

UMF_Selfoss.png.06a488931a297b3d70d671df2150ec1f.png

Ungmennafélag Selfoss
Season review
Season 3 | 2026
Besta deildin

Transfers | Affiliates | Facilities | Finances | Manager Profile | Club overview

Another great season! Not as good as last season, when we won the Quadruple, but we won the Super Cup and the League. So for the second consecutive time we are the best team on Iceland. Fantastic! But this season was memorable in more ways, because we just became a Professional club! We are now the second club on Iceland who are Pro. Breidablik is the other team. It was just after the season was finished, so I'm currently hiring lots of new staff members. And I can tell you that this is a HUGE step forward! We can now hire lots of good coaches, and way better HoYD for example. So my staff will be brand new next season.
The reason why we could become a Pro-club, is because we are through to the Group Phase of the Conference League!! We started our European adventure in the First Qual. Round of the Champions League. We won both matches against Astana. In the 2nd Qual. Round we met Sheriff Tiraspol. We lost the away match(3-2), but we won our home match with 3-1! So another CL round for us! Here we met Dinamo Zagreb, and they were too strong for us. We drew 1-1 at home, and lost the away match: 3-1. So our CL run was over, but we qualified for the Europa League Playoff. We met Shamrock Rovers, but they were stronger then I expected. We lost our home match: 2-5. And although we won the away match (2-3), we failed to qualify for the Europa League Groups Phase. But we did qualify for the Conference League Group Phase! So we directly got € 2,9M. And with this extra money, we had enough on our bank to get a Pro-status.
I'll talk about our European matches in the Conference League in my next post, as the Icelandic season is over now.

Ehq3xq9.png
5NR40gm.png
MIPGX8y.png

iNJHxcv.png
ZTz6bbm.png
pCQ2aLj.png
OiDEl5M.png
lapzc8a.png

tWEdj6F.png
ztbdOhk.png
g93pvrJ.png
wBsDPqI.png
qBhz7TV.png
geaUAvk.png

Some players I want to highlight:
Jón Vignir Pétursson: our leader on the midfield. Very important for us.
Bjarni M. Benonýsson 26d: A youngster from Class 2026. I decided to put some of the most talented youngsters in my first team, and he's one of them. With 19 goals and 12 assists he had a fantastic debut season, and he was our Most Valuable Player.
Ólafur H. Pálmarsson 26f: another young player who played in almost every match. With 18 goals and 5 assists he can look back on a fantastic debut season!
Roel Bouius 26h: last but not least our talented Dutch young defender. He played in a lot of matches, and he is developing nicely. And what I also really like: his surname, Bouius, is very common in the region were I live(the Northern part of the Netherlands). So I checked his birthplace, and it's a very small place(Hilaard) just 9km away from my howntown(Leeuwarden).

Youth intake
Another fan-tas-tic intake! The preview was a very good one, and the intake gave us lots of Elite Talents. And some of them are really talented! I can't wait to develop them, especially because of our Pro-status and so better training schedules. I'm mostly excited by Van Kasteren 27f, an Icelandic guy with a Dutch surname. I really like his profile; I'll retrain him into a midfielder. Can't wait to see how he will develop!

IZsEkXJ.png
0MsDo7X.png
G4aKobX.png

Spoiler

6wIf163.png1V752x0.pngqVQweok.pngGmjEcc3.pngXd250fp.pnga68a0Bn.pngJ9ldxCp.png1esL6Eh.pngsKjRYsH.png

Upgrades
Not upgrades on our Training- and Youth Facilities yet, as I waited for our Pro-status. So hopefully we can start building on our Youth- and Training facilities soon. We did upgrade our Junior Coaching budget and Youth Recruitment, so both are now maxed out.
Also no new updates on our new stadium. Hopefully we hear something about this soon!
RGYLoDB.png
xBCEiPx.png

Progress
Febm2Aa.png

jrwQpB4.png

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

What is Tumiri's attributes like just coming through? 4 star CA for an already established top division side he must be unreal.

They're not actually that good! He's fast and has good technique but nothing extraordinary. Must just be the rest of my team is pretty average :lol:

spacer.png

image.png.ce0b7caa6584effd0e77e58fda1e830d.png

16th season update 

Challenge part completed !!

Despite a poor performance in the league we bring home the champions league trophy

I've not experienced all the continents yet but I have found Asia and South America to be the opposite of Europe In terms of league/ Champions League difficulty. 

In Europe I found Champions League to be very difficult and winning the league much easier, I feel like asia's and south america's champions league is fairly easy compared to the league or maybe I just got lucky with draws etc .

image.png.6f641dbe85846f162423a78f9d640f26.png

Just about scraped 4th in the league and training facilities were downgraded to average.

My best player looks likely to leave as he wont sign a contract but he still has 2 years left.

I have only just realised the China has a wage cap for domestic players of 10k a week.

Only took me 15 seasons :lol: that adds another level of difficulty as players look to leave once they reach a good level.

27 minutes ago, mschafer13 said:

They're not actually that good! He's fast and has good technique but nothing extraordinary. Must just be the rest of my team is pretty average :lol:

for a 16 year old Zorro they are pretty good :lol:

3 hours ago, Thebaker said:

don't have to worry about stadiums since Xerez stadium is 20K and can be expanded. The club has 4200 season tickets but clubs with 2700 make far more as they charge twice as much, the team also gets no extra fans on the day or away fans.

If it is the same with my RC Jaen save, once you get promoted you will charge at least double the price fro season tickets and STH's number will stay roughly similar so will get double the income from ST sales.

48 minutes ago, mschafer13 said:

spacer.png

Pretty special for only 16, looks like an excellent box to box midfielder already.

Me:  clicking "Build New Stadium" to get a gauge about how impossible it is
them:
image.png.c1e7ff0cbc5407630937dad9ed4d4c8d.png

Hope I didn't put the club in debt forever