[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

9 hours ago, sanfierro said:

does anyone know junior coaching star rating property id?

Cytv

<widget class="stars_range_strip" id="Cytv" mode="1" alignment="centre" size="9">
	<record id="object_property">
		<integer id="get_property" value="Cytv" />
</record>

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Holzi said:

Anyone knows what is this panel called? (history - player career stats?). Thanks!playerhistorystats.thumb.jpg.0922c7b1a4f65258d5dbed394da36bf5.jpg

If you check out "section meta data.xml"

you'll be able to find alot of the pages you've been searching for 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb snowofman:

If you check out "section meta data.xml"

you'll be able to find alot of the pages you've been searching for 

Thanks but where is this one?

Can not find it in panels.

WIth the help of this post: 

I could find the player history stats panel.xml. If I edit this one do I have to put it in the folder skin\panels\player (seems so) because originally it is not there or what is the correct folder for this xml? Thanks!

Edited by Holzi

With this I could fix some alignments. I don't know why SI does not do this by themself. Although I also understand the problems because everyone is using a different resolution etc..

player career.jpg

player history stats1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Holzi said:

With this I could fix some alignments. I don't know why SI does not do this by themself. Although I also understand the problems because everyone is using a different resolution etc..

player career.jpg

Please use this thread ↓ to show off your work, this thread is for questions and answers

Thank you

1 hour ago, Holzi said:

WIth the help of this post: 

I could find the player history stats panel.xml. If I edit this one do I have to put it in the folder skin\panels\player (seems so) because originally it is not there or what is the correct folder for this xml? Thanks!

Files go into the same path as you found them

Hello, just downloaded the game with the Just Skin skin, unfortunately my only issue is that when I am on the Home Screen or player profiles the information is squashed and overlapping each other instead did being spaced out and clear as it is supposed to be. Any help welcome, I am unsure how to upload images from to show you exactly what I am talking about https://www.fmscout.com/a-just-skin-2024.html < this is the original and what it is supposed to look like 

Edited by alexleee1410

37 minutes ago, alexleee1410 said:

Hello, just downloaded the game with the Just Skin skin, unfortunately my only issue is that when I am on the Home Screen or player profiles the information is squashed and overlapping each other instead did being spaced out and clear as it is supposed to be. Any help welcome, I am unsure how to upload images from to show you exactly what I am talking about https://www.fmscout.com/a-just-skin-2024.html < this is the original and what it is supposed to look like 

What resolution/scaling are you playing on?

Windows snipping tool is generally what I use for screen captures. Capture the part of the screen you want a picture off and use control c and control p into the the comment box (these forums)

I am going to be unavailable due to work commitments for the next 10 or so hours but can take a look when I get home.

Alternatively you could try lowering the scaling using the games settings.

I do have an update as a WIP with no specified  release date in mind while I make sure things work the way they should.

Edited by JustHowie

Am 14.7.2024 um 21:35 schrieb Holzi:

What is this skin? Thanks!

Trying to edit this screen myself but could not get the team logos to centre.

3.jpg

To center the logos should be fixable by adding icon_alignment="centre_x,centre_y" to the widget/class.

But I have another problem/question:

If the player is not scouted is it possible to wrap the widget so it shows that scounting is needed instead of just showing a blank space?

This is working automatically for widget class="playing_time_label" but not working for widget class="personality_label". Thanks for any suggestions.

See attached screenhot:

scouting.jpg

On 07/07/2024 at 12:56, Olas Nick said:

if you thought that you will press 1 button and everything will be as you want, then it does not work like that.
you are either ready to spend hundreds or thousands of hours to make it the way you need it, or you use it as it is.

You said it man. What a hell of a journey it was though. I've been skin editing every time I come home from work for the last 2 weeks, my wife hates me now but I finally made all the editings I wanted to make to the Mustermann Iconic skin.

Endless thanks to @snowofman and @GIMN for patiently answering all my nonsense questions and helping me during this journey.

On 20/07/2024 at 18:44, Holzi said:

But I have another problem/question:

If the player is not scouted is it possible to wrap the widget so it shows that scounting is needed instead of just showing a blank space?

This is working automatically for widget class="playing_time_label" but not working for widget class="personality_label". Thanks for any suggestions.

See attached screenhot:

scouting.jpg

Could be one of those widgets that won't show on that particular panel.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb hyrule_king:

Could be one of those widgets that won't show on that particular panel.

Widget is showing if you have scouted the player. But if you don't have scouted them it just stays blank instead of saying "Scouting needed" like for other widgets. But I noticed this also on other skins. So probably a widget bug.

4 hours ago, Holzi said:

Widget is showing if you have scouted the player. But if you don't have scouted them it just stays blank instead of saying "Scouting needed" like for other widgets. But I noticed this also on other skins. So probably a widget bug.

you use a own widget with explanatory text as in "No scout report" sections in standard panels or expect the text to be inserted automatically? maybe you use same id in one file

Edited by Olas Nick

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Olas Nick:

you use a own widget with explanatory text as in "No scout report" sections in standard panels or expect the text to be inserted automatically? maybe you use same id in one file

I use widget class="personality_label" and expect the text to be inserted automatically if there is no scouting. As it works for <widget class="media_handling_label" or widget class="playing_time_label" for example.

It works basically that way in every widget except for widget class="personality_label".

See attached picture: <widget class="media_handling_label" or widget class="playing_time_label" = no scouting info. 

widget class="personality_label"; just a blank space.

scouting.jpg

Edited by Holzi
Pic

How can I change the contents of a container based on whether a player plays for my club or not?

I have a few selector panels that keep resetting / overwriting each other when going between players who are at my club and ones who aren't, so to get around this I just want to have the contents of the containers be fixed 

10 minutes ago, jkadms said:

How can I change the contents of a container based on whether a player plays for my club or not?

I have a few selector panels that keep resetting / overwriting each other when going between players who are at my club and ones who aren't, so to get around this I just want to have the contents of the containers be fixed 

If i remember correct, you have to wrap them in a container using 1 of 3 id's

ppdp - in your team

ppdo - other teams

ppdn - without a team.

it's not something i've tried myself, just had a flashback remembers something about it

On 24/07/2024 at 15:51, Holzi said:

I use widget class="personality_label" and expect the text to be inserted automatically if there is no scouting. As it works for <widget class="media_handling_label" or widget class="playing_time_label" for example.

It works basically that way in every widget except for widget class="personality_label".

See attached picture: <widget class="media_handling_label" or widget class="playing_time_label" = no scouting info. 

widget class="personality_label"; just a blank space.

scouting.jpg

have you tried adding

<record id="object_property" get_property="PPst"/>

to your personality_label call ?

you might need to try a few id's as i believe there is a few different once. but you should be able to locate them by searching for personality_label

19 hours ago, peppe1 said:

hello guys what is the name of the panel (screenshot) that i attached 

image.jpg

If you use the snipping tool or something other then your phone to take a screenshot of the whole screen,  it would be easier to help as we would then be able to see where the screen originate from

19 hours ago, peppe1 said:

hello guys what is the name of the panel (screenshot) that i attached 

image.jpg

you want help, but you don't respect the people you ask for it. is it so hard for you to take a normal screenshot?

On 18/07/2024 at 02:29, Holzi said:

player career.jpg

I'm trying to mimic Holzi idea for my game, I got the milestone down on the right side, but for some reason you can see it after the skin the reload, but right after you move out of the screen and back. The information in the milestone disappear why is that? Thanks
image.thumb.png.8111be52d024b56d6a1ac2ffcf497e68.png

image.thumb.png.95e3c607a58d7cc3e70f253920353164.png

19 minutes ago, Fwiedwice said:

I'm trying to mimic Holzi idea for my game, I got the milestone down on the right side, but for some reason you can see it after the skin the reload, but right after you move out of the screen and back. The information in the milestone disappear why is that? Thanks
image.thumb.png.8111be52d024b56d6a1ac2ffcf497e68.png

image.thumb.png.95e3c607a58d7cc3e70f253920353164.png

it might be a wrong "attachment" 

could also be a missing "<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>"

but i've noticed in some instances a wrong attachment would make the content act strangely

Am 25.7.2024 um 17:39 schrieb snowofman:

have you tried adding

<record id="object_property" get_property="PPst"/>

to your personality_label call ?

you might need to try a few id's as i believe there is a few different once. but you should be able to locate them by searching for personality_label

I use this code

<widget class="personality_label" id="PPst" font="value" size="10" alignment="centre" auto_size="vertical" colour="white" style="semi_bold">
                        <record id="object_property" get_property="PPst" />
 </widget>

which is not working and I don't know what other ID's there are.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb snowofman:

but i've noticed in some instances a wrong attachment would make the content act strangely

Yes. @Fwiedwice You should check for that. It works after reload and then it changes. I had the behaviour one time too.

Other than that your try looks nice. :)

Hey,

anyone has experience with skins on steam workshop ?
I started creating custom skins for teams, now I need to update them. For more recent ones I can do it no problem, for older ones the game doesn't recognize them as uploads anymore so I can't. Having quite a few skins it becomes very time consuming to just repost them.

Example attached

https://imgur.com/xDmXeZU

2 hours ago, Lunnarium said:

Hey,

anyone has experience with skins on steam workshop ?
I started creating custom skins for teams, now I need to update them. For more recent ones I can do it no problem, for older ones the game doesn't recognize them as uploads anymore so I can't. Having quite a few skins it becomes very time consuming to just repost them.

Example attached

https://imgur.com/xDmXeZU

You might need to ask in the generel forum as it's not a "skinning" issue per say

On 26/07/2024 at 08:16, snowofman said:

it might be a wrong "attachment" 

could also be a missing "<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>"

Yeah not sure. I tried various record id and attachment and doesn't seem to work I guess it not meant to be.
I attached the xml file if anyone want to play around with it, it goes into the player folder.

player history stats panel.xml

Hello,

Im currently editing a custom football manager skin and i would like the hidden Potential ability to be changed from a text number to a graphical image based on the potential ability range for example

1-80, 80-100, 100-120, 120-140 and 140-200. 1 have made the icons and put them in a designated graphics folder within the skin. but so far i havent been able to get the correct code so that they appear in-game.

Are there any code experts or anyone who has done something similar that can help me?

30 minutes ago, kijkjes said:

Hello,

Im currently editing a custom football manager skin and i would like the hidden Potential ability to be changed from a text number to a graphical image based on the potential ability range for example

1-80, 80-100, 100-120, 120-140 and 140-200. 1 have made the icons and put them in a designated graphics folder within the skin. but so far i havent been able to get the correct code so that they appear in-game.

Are there any code experts or anyone who has done something similar that can help me?

try and look in one of the skins that does bars instead of numbers to see how they have done it.

from what i know, you have to change the person properties.xml

38 minutes ago, snowofman said:

try and look in one of the skins that does bars instead of numbers to see how they have done it.

from what i know, you have to change the person properties.xml

I found this code as an example from the skin that uses attribute circles instead of numbers and but im not sure how i would get it with hidden potential ability:

<!--finishing-->
        <record>
            <integer id="id" value="Pfin" />
            <integer id="width" value="45" />
            <translation id="name" translation_id="227810" type="use" value="Finishing" />
            <flags id="customisation_context" value="play" />
            <translation id="category" translation_id="229822" type="use" value="Attributes" />
            <translation id="subcategory" translation_id="229413" type="use" value="Technical" />
            <boolean id="sort_ascending" value="false" />
            <integer id="auto_hide_priority" value="550" />
            <record id="widget_info">
                <symbol id="class" value="attribute_circle" />
            </record>
            <record id="widget_edit_info">
                <symbol id="class" value="attribute_edit_box" />
            </record>
            <record id="column_widget_properties">
                <flags id="alignment" value="centre" />
            </record>
            <record id="column_heading">
                <translation id="text" translation_id="227809" type="use" value="Fin[comment - Finishing]" />
                <translation id="hint" translation_id="227810" type="use" value="Finishing" />
            </record>
            <record id="search_filter">
                <integer id="id" value="pf20" />
            </record>
        </record>

5 minutes ago, kijkjes said:

I found this code as an example from the skin that uses attribute circles instead of numbers and but im not sure how i would get it with hidden potential ability:

<!--finishing-->
        <record>
            <integer id="id" value="Pfin" />
            <integer id="width" value="45" />
            <translation id="name" translation_id="227810" type="use" value="Finishing" />
            <flags id="customisation_context" value="play" />
            <translation id="category" translation_id="229822" type="use" value="Attributes" />
            <translation id="subcategory" translation_id="229413" type="use" value="Technical" />
            <boolean id="sort_ascending" value="false" />
            <integer id="auto_hide_priority" value="550" />
            <record id="widget_info">
            </record>
            <record id="widget_edit_info">
                <symbol id="class" value="attribute_edit_box" />
            </record>
            <record id="column_widget_properties">
            </record>
            <record id="column_heading">
                <translation id="text" translation_id="227809" type="use" value="Fin[comment - Finishing]" />
                <translation id="hint" translation_id="227810" type="use" value="Finishing" />
            </record>
            <record id="search_filter">
                <integer id="id" value="pf20" />
            </record>
        </record>

replace the code in the hidden attribute that equels this and i believe it will be shown as a circle aswell

5 hours ago, barretoxs said:

How do I find this panel (I want to change the kit, because the kit used by the player is not showing, but that of my team)

sSyGWa8.png

player overview popup panel.xml

and i've hidden you question from the tato skin thread as there is no need to add the same question multiply places.

6 hours ago, barretoxs said:

How do I find this panel (I want to change the kit, because the kit used by the player is not showing, but that of my team)

sSyGWa8.png

і'm going to assume it's much simpler than that. did you use brazilian clubs color fix?

Hi, I want to create my first skin, i read the guides on here and i managed to change the fonts and something else

I know a little code and i think i understand how it works but i'm still so lost. I have a couple questions to start, I only have the extracted xmls from the Resource Archiver

1) How do I make the Player Portrait/Photo bigger? I think it's in the Player Overview Panel but I can't get it to work

2) How do I make the skin background transparent? I know there is a base skin with a transparent background already but I'd like to figure it out for future use

Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, dpizzle said:

Hi, I want to create my first skin, i read the guides on here and i managed to change the fonts and something else

I know a little code and i think i understand how it works but i'm still so lost. I have a couple questions to start, I only have the extracted xmls from the Resource Archiver

1) How do I make the Player Portrait/Photo bigger? I think it's in the Player Overview Panel but I can't get it to work

2) How do I make the skin background transparent? I know there is a base skin with a transparent background already but I'd like to figure it out for future use

Thanks in advance

1) often the panel (space) given to the picture is setting the size of it, so you can try and make a bigger panel

2) Client object browers.xml, is where you have to insert "transparency="inset number depending on how transparent"

I would take a look in the file of a skin that already have it done, it's easier then explaining where to put the code in

2 minutes ago, snowofman said:

often the panel (space) given to the picture is setting the size of it, so you can try and make a bigger panel

I tried to make the panel bigger but the photo remained small as usual

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Client object browers.xml, is where you have to insert "transparency="inset number depending on how transparent"

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I would take a look in the file of a skin that already have it done, it's easier then explaining where to put the code in

Did this, also tried to copy and paste the code from other skins to learn how to do it, I usually get big fat errors lol

6 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I probably fail cause I look the codes of complex skins like Mustermann, Statman or OPZ

They just seem so much different from the base skin code though

4 minutes ago, dpizzle said:

I tried to make the panel bigger but the photo remained small as usual

Thanks!

Did this, also tried to copy and paste the code from other skins to learn how to do it, I usually get big fat errors lol

attached the client object browser.xml from the default transparent skin found in this link

line 29 and 49 have both been given a transparency="0.x"

and looking at complexed skins isnt beginner friendly, but can still teach you something. but you'll need to learn how to read a code before digging into those kind of things :) 

client object browser.xml

4 minutes ago, snowofman said:

you'll need to learn how to read a code before digging into those kind of things

Funny thing my major in high school (idk how to call it, you choose a specialized high school here) was actually IT and coding, guess I forgot how to code 

anyway thanks, I’ll start with the transparent background and keep trying with the player photo

4 minutes ago, dpizzle said:

Funny thing my major in high school (idk how to call it, you choose a specialized high school here) was actually IT and coding, guess I forgot how to code 

Apologize if it came on as rude,

all i ment was that if you get errors, you've either taken too little of the code and copy pasted or too much.

so knowing where a code block starts and ends is important and will make life alot easier :)

it's rare that you'll get an error if you lack a file, most of the time you'll just get an empty space