[FM24][SKIN] Mustermann Iconic v1.1 - Updated 23/12/23

GIMN

2 часа назад, JustHowie сказал:

Initially was quoted at 2 weeks after last update, although if somethings not broken then there's no need to fix / update. As for light skins these require alot of work if this is in the works then I'd assume alot of time and attention is being made into making sure there are no issues before a release is made.

yes, I completely agree with you, I was just wondering if we should count on the release of a light version)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/05/2024 at 14:17, eXclusive_CR7 said:

yes, I completely agree with you, I was just wondering if we should count on the release of a light version)

Never count on anything :lol:, but I am still working on it

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, eXclusive_CR7 said:

Hello, please tell me, is it possible to add a similar function to the skin to highlight key indicators, like in this screenshot?

IMG_3096.jpeg

IMG_3097.jpeg

Considering attributes are grouped up no you'd have to revert all attributes and that's alot of backwards work 

8 hours ago, eXclusive_CR7 said:

Hello, please tell me, is it possible to add a similar function to the skin to highlight key indicators, like in this screenshot?

IMG_3096.jpeg

IMG_3097.jpeg

As @JustHowiementioned it isn't possible. It would require attributes to be shown in the table format. 

Good news though, the training groupings tend to correspond pretty closely to role requirements.   Key attributes for playmakers...passing and final third.  For goalscoring roles...shooting and movement.  And so on

• 2 weeks later...

The player profile and attributes panels are blank for me. Does anyone have any ideas why or how to fix it? 

Every other part of the skin displays fine and looks great. I have definitely installed it as per instructions. I am playing on a MacBook.

1 hour ago, jxsh said:

The player profile and attributes panels are blank for me. Does anyone have any ideas why or how to fix it? 

Every other part of the skin displays fine and looks great. I have definitely installed it as per instructions. I am playing on a MacBook.

everyone is glad that you have a macbook. but most likely you either don't know how to switch skins or you don't know how to adjust the screen. but if you really want help, you should write what you did step by step, not just "installed it as per instructions"

1 hour ago, Olas Nick said:

everyone is glad that you have a macbook. but most likely you either don't know how to switch skins or you don't know how to adjust the screen. but if you really want help, you should write what you did step by step, not just "installed it as per instructions"

I only mentioned the macbook in case the type of machine I'm playing on might be relevant to the problem/solution. I am very grateful for any help. Here's what I did step by step:

• Downloaded the Mustermann skin from here:https://www.fmscout.com/a-mustermann-iconic-fm24-skin.html
  • Extracted the folders from the .rar.
  • Placed two folders, "Mustermann Iconic 1.1" and "Mustermann Iconic Alt Files" in the Football Manager 2024 'skins' folder.
  • Opened FM24. Went to Preferences -> Advanced -> Interface
  • Selected Mustermann Iconic from dropdown.
  • Unchecked “Use caching to decrease page loading times” and ticked “Reload skin when confirming changes to preferences”.
  • Hit confirm.
  • Quit and reopened FM24.
  • Went to preferences and ticked “Use caching to decrease page loading times” and ticked "Reload skin when confirming..." then confirmed.

The skin is loaded and looks great. Only the 'profile' and 'attributes' pages show up empty.

3 hours ago, jxsh said:

I only mentioned the macbook in case the type of machine I'm playing on might be relevant to the problem/solution. I am very grateful for any help. Here's what I did step by step:

• Downloaded the Mustermann skin from here:https://www.fmscout.com/a-mustermann-iconic-fm24-skin.html
  • Extracted the folders from the .rar.
  • Placed two folders, "Mustermann Iconic 1.1" and "Mustermann Iconic Alt Files" in the Football Manager 2024 'skins' folder.
  • Opened FM24. Went to Preferences -> Advanced -> Interface
  • Selected Mustermann Iconic from dropdown.
  • Unchecked “Use caching to decrease page loading times” and ticked “Reload skin when confirming changes to preferences”.
  • Hit confirm.
  • Quit and reopened FM24.
  • Went to preferences and ticked “Use caching to decrease page loading times” and ticked "Reload skin when confirming..." then confirmed.

The skin is loaded and looks great. Only the 'profile' and 'attributes' pages show up empty.

i have only 2 ideas:
1) i am not sure that the “Use caching to decrease page loading times” option works if the cache is already created. you still need to clear the cache.
2) maybe you do not meet the requirements for scaling and resolution of the system and scaling of the game

Is there a way to remove staff attributes so all I know is personality, tactical style, reputation, scouting knowledge, etc. but have no idea if the staff member is actually good?

7 hours ago, bmags11 said:

Is there a way to remove staff attributes so all I know is personality, tactical style, reputation, scouting knowledge, etc. but have no idea if the staff member is actually good?

You'll need to edit the panels/non_player/non player profile.xml - but there's a lot you'd need to change in there.  And probably the coach assignment page, too.  And to remove it in news items, you'd need to locate each individual one and edit them.

Can  i just say the skin is beautifull.  a game changer, just as fm was getting abit stal,e this is going to make the game so much more realist and immersive, youtube channel is great with series and help videos. alot of effort goes in to this work so a big thanks from me. 

20 hours ago, reggaeboy81 said:

Can  i just say the skin is beautifull.  a game changer, just as fm was getting abit stal,e this is going to make the game so much more realist and immersive, youtube channel is great with series and help videos. alot of effort goes in to this work so a big thanks from me. 

Good to see you here, reggaeboy81!!

I can give answer regarding disabling player and/or staff search now.  You need to edit Mustermann Iconic/sections/sidebar sections.xml, line 487:

<record id="plas" human_object_type="HOTc" />

This needs to be changed to:

<!--<record id="plas" human_object_type="HOTc" />-->

You'll then need to save the file, reload the skin with caching off.

If you also want to disable staff search, that is line 709:

<record id="stfs" human_object_type="HOTc" />

<!--<record id="stfs" human_object_type="HOTc" />-->

5 hours ago, GIMN said:

Good to see you here, reggaeboy81!!

I can give answer regarding disabling player and/or staff search now.  You need to edit Mustermann Iconic/sections/sidebar sections.xml, line 487:

<record id="plas" human_object_type="HOTc" />

<!--<record id="plas" human_object_type="HOTc" />-->

You'll then need to save the file, reload the skin with caching off.

If you also want to disable staff search, that is line 709:

<record id="stfs" human_object_type="HOTc" />

<!--<record id="stfs" human_object_type="HOTc" />-->

great stuff thank you

9 minutes ago, JR866Gunner said:

I didnt think this skin had attributes?! They look awesome. Am I missing where I can enable them?

from what i know, it does not have values, but circles instead

i can't remember if there is a MOD to make it values,

just having a go skin colour changes, got where to edit from 214-241 lines and the colour scheme website up, just confusing knowing which ones to change, lol, trying to make a yellow and black scheme, white and black and a white a blue one.  tired the first think i made too many to dark lol, just knowing which ones to do lol

hyt.png

Edited by reggaeboy81
misspelling

1 hour ago, JR866Gunner said:

I didnt think this skin had attributes?! They look awesome. Am I missing where I can enable them?

It doesn't.  If you're referring to the screenshots from eXclusive_CR7, that's Statman skin.

49 minutes ago, reggaeboy81 said:

just having a go skin colour changes, got where to edit from 214-241 lines and the colour scheme website up, just confusing knowing which ones to change, lol, trying to make a yellow and black scheme, white and black and a white a blue one.  tired the first think i made too many to dark lol, just knowing which ones to do lol

hyt.png

This is how it starts.  First you look to make a couple of little changes.  Next thing you know, you've spent 300 hours playing around with xml files and you're addicted to skinning!!

Just now, GIMN said:

It doesn't.  If you're referring to the screenshots from eXclusive_CR7, that's Statman skin.

This is how it starts.  First you look to make a couple of little changes.  Next thing you know, you've spent 300 hours playing around with xml files and you're addicted to skinning!!

Then in my case, another 200 and then you actually learn how it works

not sure ive got the patience lol, trying to get a harrogate town/dortmund colour one.  ill prob just use your yellows one lol

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

from what i know, it does not have values, but circles instead

i can't remember if there is a MOD to make it values,

Ahh ok thank you! It’s such a beautiful skin all round and the option would be amazing at the flick of a switch!

Hi 

Sorry if this is a really daft question or I've missed something somewhere. Every time I load the skin (fairly confident I'm following all the instructions right) and the profile page is constantly empty. It doesn't populate with any of the things I'd expect to see there from the videos. I've tried a few times loading the skin, both with vanilla DBs and some edited ones, I've holidayed through seasons & both employed and unemployed to see if it's a scouting /player knowledge/games played thing.

There's a good chance I'm doing something really stupid like, I've just gone round in circles so many times, got nowhere and figured I'd ask. Screen grab from below is a save where I'm not in control of any club, and I'm on the player profile screen. (reports is highlighted I think because that's where the cursor was when I took the grab!)

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.ec6bfc9475bd5dba094535ba33dd1113.png

11 minutes ago, TMH_IRL said:

Hi 

Sorry if this is a really daft question or I've missed something somewhere. Every time I load the skin (fairly confident I'm following all the instructions right) and the profile page is constantly empty. It doesn't populate with any of the things I'd expect to see there from the videos. I've tried a few times loading the skin, both with vanilla DBs and some edited ones, I've holidayed through seasons & both employed and unemployed to see if it's a scouting /player knowledge/games played thing.

There's a good chance I'm doing something really stupid like, I've just gone round in circles so many times, got nowhere and figured I'd ask. Screen grab from below is a save where I'm not in control of any club, and I'm on the player profile screen. (reports is highlighted I think because that's where the cursor was when I took the grab!)

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.ec6bfc9475bd5dba094535ba33dd1113.png

try and untick "used caching for faster loading" in preferences

then clear the cache, lower left corner "reset"

then reload the skin and restart FM

8 minutes ago, snowofman said:

try and untick "used caching for faster loading" in preferences

then clear the cache, lower left corner "reset"

then reload the skin and restart FM

Thanks for the rapid reply. Still no luck - all of the "profile" screens are blank; clubs, managers and players. 

I have quite a few leagues loaded, major European ones like England, Italy, France, Spain, Germany plus Ireland, Scotland, Portugal, Holland, Brazil etc. I was using a DB with added tiers in Austria, to play as Austria Salzburg, and I thought that was maybe causing issues, so I tried just the vanilla DB and it's still not happening. 

I can still use the skin and generally I love it, it's got loads going on and plays brilliantly. I just know I'm missing out on quite a bit with these profile screens not loading.

7 hours ago, TMH_IRL said:

Thanks for the rapid reply. Still no luck - all of the "profile" screens are blank; clubs, managers and players. 

I have quite a few leagues loaded, major European ones like England, Italy, France, Spain, Germany plus Ireland, Scotland, Portugal, Holland, Brazil etc. I was using a DB with added tiers in Austria, to play as Austria Salzburg, and I thought that was maybe causing issues, so I tried just the vanilla DB and it's still not happening. 

I can still use the skin and generally I love it, it's got loads going on and plays brilliantly. I just know I'm missing out on quite a bit with these profile screens not loading.

looking at your screenshots I assume you don't meet the minimum resolution and scaling requirements

8 hours ago, TMH_IRL said:

As @Olas Nick has said, this is a resolution issue.  In the screenshot the "Continue" button is 342 pixels wide.  This suggests that you're scaling maybe be at 200%.  Either set in game through preferences, or via settings for Windows..

For examples, if you have a 1920x1080 screen, but have the scaling at 200%, you are effectively using the game with a resolution of 960x540.  The minimum effective resolution for the skin is 1360x768

20 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

looking at your screenshots I assume you don't meet the minimum resolution and scaling requirements

19 hours ago, GIMN said:

As @Olas Nick has said, this is a resolution issue.  In the screenshot the "Continue" button is 342 pixels wide.  This suggests that you're scaling maybe be at 200%.  Either set in game through preferences, or via settings for Windows..

For examples, if you have a 1920x1080 screen, but have the scaling at 200%, you are effectively using the game with a resolution of 960x540.  The minimum effective resolution for the skin is 1360x768

You legends, thanks so much. I knew it was something really stupid I was doing. 

I'd checked my resolution in FM and it seemed ok - but when I looked in the Windows settings it was the scaling that was throwing everything off. I hadn't accounted for that, and wouldn't have known to look. 

Really appreciate the help :)