I purchased this laptop it sometimes while playing the game lags, and it’s slow. Any advice on what I can do to make it better?

I purchased this HP Victus, and sometimes while playing it will just lag and freeze. Does the laptop not meet the requirements to run the game or can I change something in the settings to make it run better?

also the ram is 16 instead of 8. 

IMG_0729.jpeg

5 hours ago, The_lost said:

I purchased this HP Victus, and sometimes while playing it will just lag and freeze. Does the laptop not meet the requirements to run the game or can I change something in the settings to make it run better?

IMG_0729.jpeg

That laptops exceeds the system requirements by some distance.  As @XaW has said, do post in the bug tracker.

But in the meantime, check your laptop's drivers are all up to date and verify FM's files through Steam.  Also check the game is using the dedicated graphics card rather than the CPU's integrated graphics.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090168/graphics.html

11 hours ago, The_lost said:

IMG_0729.jpeg

I found this helped massively had the same problem

17 hours ago, AndrikoDS said:

I run the game through a laptop also and find everything works much smoother when it's plugged in and not using the battery.

Yeah the performance drop off on battery on my windows laptop is crazy.  Thats why I use my Mac for FM on my commute.  

@The_lost Try doing the benchmarks on this thread 

we'll be able to see then if its a general performance issue or just graphics