How to sign selective youth intakes

So normally when a new youth intake comes in, I would ask General Manager to sign almost all of them for cheap youth contracts. Lately because I only wants to sign the good ones, i have to approach them individually, when that happens they would want hot prospects contracts with much higher wages. Is there any ways to go around this ?

11 hours ago, nhozcrazy78 said:

So normally when a new youth intake comes in, I would ask General Manager to sign almost all of them for cheap youth contracts. Lately because I only wants to sign the good ones, i have to approach them individually, when that happens they would want hot prospects contracts with much higher wages. Is there any ways to go around this ?

Go through them yourself and release the ones you don't want before he asks

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/05/2024 at 06:27, gunner86 said:

You’re other option would be to ask the DoF to handle the contracts for just the ones you want

it's gonna end up like when I try to sign them myself which is them expecting a premium contract.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, nhozcrazy78 said:

it's gonna end up like when I try to sign them myself which is them expecting a premium contract.

It has always been the case that good youth intake players expect proper hot prospect contracts while average/poor ones ask for youth contracts. It’s not clear to me why you think there’s a difference between offering contracts individually or your DoF doing it. If you have previously had entire intakes willing to sign youth contracts then my guess is that none of them were any good.

Edited by NineCloudNine

11 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

It has always been the case that good youth intake players expect proper hot prospect contracts while average/poor ones ask for youth contracts. It’s not clear to me why you think there’s a difference between offering contracts individually or your DoF doing it. If you have previously had entire intakes willing to sign youth contracts then my guess is that none of them were any good.

Because when you ask the DoF to sign all recommended players, they just get signed to youth contracts. Only when you intervene do they want pro terms.

On 09/06/2024 at 18:32, gunner86 said:

Because when you ask the DoF to sign all recommended players, they just get signed to youth contracts. Only when you intervene do they want pro terms.

This always happens in my experience as well.

On 09/06/2024 at 19:32, gunner86 said:

If I am not wrong, this happens anyway, because there are rules that allow the youth players to have professional contacts only when they are 17 y.o. Until then, they are under youth contracts regime.

Basically, you see contracts signed by the DoF as youth contract, but in reality they already signed a professional contract (as the one asked to you when negotiating with them individually) and the contract will be automatically converted to the professional one thy signed as soon as they are 17 y.o..

1 hour ago, Costav said:

If I am not wrong, this happens anyway, because there are rules that allow the youth players to have professional contacts only when they are 17 y.o. Until then, they are under youth contracts regime.

Basically, you see contracts signed by the DoF as youth contract, but in reality they already signed a professional contract (as the one asked to you when negotiating with them individually) and the contract will be automatically converted to the professional one thy signed as soon as they are 17 y.o..

Yeah. They “provisionally agree” to sign a contract on their 17th birthday. But in my experience the DoF manages to just get them on a youth contract with no future pro terms.

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

Yeah. They “provisionally agree” to sign a contract on their 17th birthday. But in my experience the DoF manages to just get them on a youth contract with no future pro terms.

There may well be some difference in the teams we manage, responsibilities or something else, but that isn’t my experience. I just had a youth intake. I told the DoF to sign several of the better ones and I signed others myself. In both cases a future professional contract was agreed with a youth contract in the meantime. The DoF tended to offer more money than I did, which is annoying, but otherwise the outcome was the same.

Less good intake players agreed to youth contracts with no future professional terms whether it was me or the DoF tasked with the negotiation.

7 hours ago, gunner86 said:

This is my experience too.  once they are on a youth contract though you can offer them a provisional pro deal whenever you like.

I've never seen my DOF offering pro deals to my players.  Maybe its a responsibilities thing?

I've been the same experience as @NineCloudNine had. It should not depend on responsibilities, or at least not directly. 
Could it be that in some cases the Negotiation attribute of the DoF has a direct impact on it?

21 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

There may well be some difference in the teams we manage, responsibilities or something else, but that isn’t my experience. I just had a youth intake. I told the DoF to sign several of the better ones and I signed others myself. In both cases a future professional contract was agreed with a youth contract in the meantime. The DoF tended to offer more money than I did, which is annoying, but otherwise the outcome was the same.

Less good intake players agreed to youth contracts with no future professional terms whether it was me or the DoF tasked with the negotiation.

But are you selecting individuals for the DoF to negotiate with, or using the “Sign recommended players” option that you get when you get the intake news article?

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

But are you selecting individuals for the DoF to negotiate with, or using the “Sign recommended players” option that you get when you get the intake news article?

I select individuals. That would seem to be the difference then.

TBH having the DoF sign high-potential youth teamers to youth-only contracts via the ‘sign recommended players’ button, when they would normally demand pro pre-contracts, feels like a loophole rather than something working as intended. Only SI can confirm for sure what should be happening here though.

I asked for something similar from SI a few years ago, so I hope they bring something like this into the game at some point.

29 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

I select individuals. That would seem to be the difference then.

TBH having the DoF sign high-potential youth teamers to youth-only contracts via the ‘sign recommended players’ button, when they would normally demand pro pre-contracts, feels like a loophole rather than something working as intended. Only SI can confirm for sure what should be happening here though.

Yeah. That feels like where we’re having different experiences then.

Feels like being able to select which recommend players get youth contracts would be a suitable fix then.

19 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Feels like being able to select which recommend players get youth contracts would be a suitable fix then.

It does, including the possibility that a good youth prospect will refuse to sign a youth-only contract and demand a pro pre-contract. That would actually add a neat new dynamic/dilemma.