• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Playing well tonight :larry:

you’ve gotten too used to watching a David Moyes team if this is your standard for playing well :D 

Edited by Smallen

52 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Aside from the odd moment from Eze and Palmer, this has really sucked ass. We've been non-existent in central midfield and Watkins just isn't getting any chance to stake a claim. Not having natural width at fullback isn't helping either.

Wharton's helped remedy the midfield problem a lot

18 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I suppose the logic is to keep refs used to the process of it all. But I can't imagine anyone strongly fighting for it, does seem a bit unnecessary. 

This referee and his team aren't even going to the Euros :D

Just now, The Golden boy said:

This referee and his team aren't even going to the Euros :D

Yeah but if they use VAR wherever country they're from then makes sense to just keep them following the same processes. Definitely still a little pointless though but hey ho.

2 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

Wharton absolutely has to be on the plane. He makes everything look so simple 

How had no other teams come in for him before Palace got him?

3 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

Who gets dropped though instead? It's a tough call.

Just now, Pukey said:

Who gets dropped though instead? It's a tough call.

No idea tbh. But I’d be tempted to start him alongside Rice and Jude. Don’t like Trent in midfield one bit 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

yeah, think we can end the Trent in midfield experiment, have Wharton as an option there and Trent at left back (or right back frankly, it's not like Walker's being picked for his attacking play) where he's likely to be a lot better than Trippier. Speaking of Trent, he's had a much improved second half.

Edited by enigmatic

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

No idea tbh. But I’d be tempted to start him alongside Rice and Jude. Don’t like Trent in midfield one bit 

Definitely better out wide

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

Yeah I don't really like him in midfield either, I'm sure he'll go there cause he obviously offers depth.

Just as I'm typing this and he scores a lovely goal :D 

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

Yeah I don't really like him in midfield either, I'm sure he'll go there cause he obviously offers depth.

Just as I'm typing this and he scores a lovely goal :D 

He's not a central midfielder. A wide midfielder, possibly?

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

Grealish making all the goals lads, just saying...

He's on the plane. Never in doubt. 

You don't leave £100m worth of sexy calf talent at home. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

Yeah, he's come out of nowhere for me, but it'd be a shame if Jones goes, but Wharton doesn't as he looks a lot better

The Palace lot who've played definitely haven't hurt their cause for inclusion in the final 26. Guehi perhaps the weakest of the 3 but Eze was possibly the only bright spark in the first half and Wharton hasn't put a foot wrong in the second.

Definitely improved second half, just upped the urgency a bit. Still nothing special but these warm up games are never gonna be about world class performances or anything. Eze and Wharton not doing their chances of getting on the plane any harm at all.

Plenty of concerns about just what our defence will look like when the tournament starts, but this evening at least showed that Eze should get a spot in the squad and I really want us to try to find a starting position for TAA. His passing, set piece delivery and quick-thinking made him stand out for me.

I'm not convinced by Watkins, Bowen or Maddison, nor many of the second-string defensive options.

54 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Grealish has still got it, so dangerous.

Yeah, all the talk of Eze, Wharton etc but Grealish looked the biggest mover for me. He'll be starting some group games and go to no1 sub for me

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

i didn't even realise we were playing. how were we?

Textbook summer warm up.  Give them a B+.  Lots of fringe players at the start with only a handful of caps.  Out of the starting lineup, probably only Pickford and Trippier that are going to feature against Serbia in the opening game of the Euros.  The rest looked fairly disjointed in the first half, playing with new teammates and having to blow the cobwebs off after over a fortnight without a game.  A few of them trying too hard to impress at times as well

But the second half was better.  And 3-0 was about right, even though two of our goals came right at the end.  Bosnia didn't do much, other than testing everyone's patience every time someone went down and called for the physio.

Eze did really well.  Palmer looked alright but still probably looks like a sub and not a starter.  Bowen was OK, nothing amazing but still deserves to be in the squad at least.  Kane got 20-odd minutes at the end and looked very sharp.  Wanting to shoot every time the ball went near him.  Encouraging.  And Wharton, Maddison and Gomez looked good when they came on but also didn't get to play for that long.  The defence didn't have anything much to do, but Konsa has probably played his way onto the plane if Gareth trusts him in a few positions.  He started at LB, then switched to RB, then ended the game at CB. 

And a good night for Mainoo even though he never got to lace up his boots.  Because if we are still auditioning TAA or Gallagher for that third midfield spot then neither of them are making a very convincing case.  TAA will get the plaudits for the second goal, waiting for the ball to come across his body and then swinging his leg at it like a poundshop Marco van Basten.  But he had switched to RB by then, overlapping Bowen to get up into the box.  And he was a passenger in the first half when he played in midfield.  And Gallagher still looked like a yellow card waiting to happen, even against a mediocre side that were content to play most of the game in their own half.

Edited by Rob1981