Game 17: Denmark vs England live from the Frankfurt Arena. BBC1 5pm

What will be the result?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 15:59

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Darius1998 said:

I got flashbacks of England vs USA in 2010 watching that. :D

What a terrible game.

England vs USA 2022 was even worse.

Southgate has not grown as a manager at all. In the words of the late Clive from AFTV, "It's time to go".

• Administrators
Just now, Rafalution said:

Has a manager ever been sacked mid tournament?

Yeah happened at the AFCON to Ivory Coast. They went on to win :D 

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Rob, you're still logged into your Gunman account

Imagine the twist!

1 minute ago, aiston said:

The thing is, he's bottled it completely. I don't think anyone cares about what we've got to now.

Semi vs Croatia and the final vs Italy. Early goals like today and sit back and attempt to defend like today, then make **** subs without changing any style of play like today.

He hasn't learned a thing at all in all these years. He has no credit left I think :D

Southgate should have been sacked after the the WC.

This is what I've been saying for more than 5 years now in all those epic clashes with Rob.:D

3 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Shearer is talking some absolute nonsense here though.

Yep. Loving everyone's overreaction to a game where both teams played for the draw and got it. Denmark actually managed the feat of creating even less than us, notwithstanding their long shots and decent press.

Fully agree with what @Rob1981 said earlier, he's abandoned what made us good in the past three tournaments (quieten down haters) and we're left with all our good players on the pitch but no cohesion or balance or semblance of a gameplan, just hoping to win through absolute player quality and moments

We are probably still making the quarter finals assuming we top the group but (say the line Bart) the brakes are on and there's no one at the wheel to take them off anyway

2 hours ago, CFuller said:

England will win the group today with another victory. :cool:

Naturally, I expect us to stutter to a 1-1 draw, and everyone will be saying SOUTHGATE OUT :mad:.

I mean :D

There will be some people unfairly made turfed out after that. Like Foden / TAA won’t be starting next game, and beating a poor Slovenia side will gloss over things.

Based on two games, we’re not winning this.

1 minute ago, aiston said:

The thing is, he's bottled it completely. I don't think anyone cares about what we've got to now.

Semi vs Croatia and the final vs Italy. Early goals like today and sit back and attempt to defend like today, then make **** subs without changing any style of play like today.

He hasn't learned a thing at all in all these years. He has no credit left I think :D

Southgate should have been sacked after the the WC.

It would have been so unfair to sack him after the performance vs France. 

But I guess his team did kinda bottle it, but it still far exceeded previous management which had better players, arguably. 

5 minutes ago, VP. said:

Try watching him week in week out for his club and not this absolute **** take of an England set up.

Or you could just look at West Ham when they had him in their team and then not and vice versa for ourselves.

Yep he's been **** today but so has everyone else, is Kane a terrible striker now, is Foden not really the player of the year, is Bellingham not the best young talent in Europe? I could go on but won't as one match does not determine a players quality.

What I don’t get, and the set up was ****, the whole team were ****, how is it Rice can’t play a 5 yard pass? He must have played other players into trouble half a dozen times. Not just him by the way - everyone was at it. It was the worse performance I have seen from any team this year 

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The midfield base is not ****ing working, one of Wharton or Mainoo need to be in there. 

I thought TAA as an option in centre midfield was fair enough but its mad how it seems to be Southgate's first choice option :D 

1 minute ago, TalkSport said:

There will be some people unfairly made turfed out after that. Like Foden / TAA won’t be starting next game, and beating a poor Slovenia side will gloss over things.

Based on two games, we’re not winning this.

They deserve to be turfed out. Got to control the midfield to give our attackers a base. TAA is a wonderful player but he aint a mid. I love Foden, but hes struggling without a left back getting up the pitch outside him 

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I thought TAA as an option in centre midfield was fair enough but its mad how it seems to be Southgate's first choice option :D 

Exactly. I still can’t wrap my head around this. Why is this about getting your best players on the field and not putting your best TEAM on the field? Stunned, honestly. 

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They deserve to be turfed out. Got to control the midfield to give our attackers a base. TAA is a wonderful player but he aint a mid. I love Foden, but hes struggling without a left back getting up the pitch outside him 

Foden will be straight back in unless Gareth thinks he needs a rest because Eze did nothing. Trent can be replaced by a proper midfielder

Putting my pro waistcoat hat back on, what Walker says here is absolutely right and sensible, tournaments are hard to win and game management is very important.... I just wish it was better to watch like it is for Germany and Spain and France and Italy and the Netherlands and Romania and etc etc

• Administrators

Lineker has turned against Southgate for sure even if he’s not outright saying it now. 

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

I ****ing deplore this idea that “tournament football” is different to football.

But they are the hardest tournaments to win, a group of players who play together maybe 10 times a year for a once every 4 year tournament of 7 matches where you can make very few mistakes to win it

1 minute ago, TheWednesday said:

Does Kyle think you can get to the final of a major tournament grinding out draws then?

We've tried this every tournament for the last 50 years. Why change the habit of a lifetime?

• Administrators

Shearer just moaning that Gordon isn’t playing :D 

1 minute ago, TheWednesday said:

Does Kyle think you can get to the final of a major tournament grinding out draws then?

Portugal won one match in 90 minutes in 2016, it was awful to watch but I bet they don't care

Not sure why Palmer wasn't preferred to Bowen. Or how Gordon is there before Eze. Or Gallagher playing at all. Should've brought an actual LB instead of shoehorning Trippier there who IMO has never played well there in the first place. Southgate has been in this job for 8 years and he still hasn't grown as a manager at all. I don't rate Hodgson at all and he's been the worst England manager in my lifetime, but even I don't think he'd managed this team as poor as Southgate did in these first 2 games. He doesn't have the balls to drop Trent or Foden, and I even bet they'll start the next match too.

Just now, Lucas said:

Shearer just moaning that Gordon isn’t playing :D 

Would be a better option than Foden on the left mind :D

At least would keep someone on the left.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Portugal won one match in 90 minutes in 2016, it was awful to watch but I bet they don't care

You'd back them on pens though, I wouldn't put my money on our lads.

Just now, skybluedave said:

You can't keep saying play Foden 10 as ifs some magic answer. Unless you think we should drop Bellingham. 

Drop him back in Trent's place