Game 22: Georgia vs Czechia live from the Volksparkstadion. BBC1 2pm

What will be the result?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/06/24 at 12:59

Our last 2pm game. Enjoy it, drink it in.

geocze.jpeg?imwidth=2048

Possible line-ups

Georgia: Mamardashvili; Kakabadze, Kverkvelia, Kashia, Dvali, Shengelia; Kochorashvili, Chakvetadze, Kvaratskhelia; Mikautadze, Zivzivadze

Czechia: Staněk; Holeš, Hranáč, Krejčí; Coufal, Barák, Souček, Provod, Douděra; Chytil, Schick

image.png.61f43a5e8885826eda253df970aaeb8f.png

Everyone bloody loves Georgia after their first game. Both teams need a win here.

The Opta supercomputer backs a much-needed win for Czech Republic as Hasek's side triumphed in 45.3% of 10,000 pre-match simulations. Georgia were triumphant in just their second-ever appearance at the Euros in 29.5% of sims, while the draw was forecast in the remaining 25.2%.

Mark Chapman presents, with analysis from David Moyes, Thomas Hitzlsperger and Ellen White, and commentary by Robyn Cowen.

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

I already loved Georgia from my time there last year and now I love the football team after the game against Turkey but got a horrible feeling the Czechs are going to grind their way to an undeserved win.

PERMUTATIONS: Two more teams that have both lost their opening game, so one of them could be on their way home if they lose again here and then if today's Turkey-Portugal result also goes against them. 

• Georgia would be OUT if they lose to Czech Republic and then Turkey fail to win.
  • Czech Republic would be OUT if they lose to Georgia and then Portugal fail to win.

Those scenarios would leave today's Georgia-Czech Republic loser unable to overtake a team they have lost to because of h2h record.  So even if they went and got three points from the last game, they would only be able to finish 4th in the group and wouldn't be able to finish 3rd.

Same scenario as the Croatia-Albania and Poland-Austria games basically.

As an aside, yesterday's Ukraine win means it is no longer possible for MD3 to feature a matchup between two teams both sitting on 0 points.  Which, in turn, means EVERY group can still provide a third-place team that has managed to get to four points.  There isn't yet a single group where we can be sure that the third place team is only going to be able to finish on three points.

Think this will be a scrappy game, but I was marginally more impressed by the Georgians than the Czechs in their respective openers. Georgia to win 1-0.

Can’t believe the 2pm games are going to be over already :( 

These tournaments are so bittersweet sometimes. Even while something magical is happening in front of you a part of you is sad that some of it has already been and done. Feels like watching your kids grow up.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

This game is amazing already :D 

Georgia team of the tournament for me so far, in terms of entertainment value in their games. Really want to see them progress. 

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

I’m not buying that snickometer for a second. Records a sound when the ball glances off a hand but not when it bounces up off the pitch :D 

There was a huge spike when it bounced?

1 minute ago, dafuge said:

There was a huge spike when it bounced?

When it bounced off the keeper I thought, then a smaller spike when it came back off the Czech player… then nothing at all when it hit the floor.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

When it bounced off the keeper I thought, then a smaller spike when it came back off the Czech player… then nothing at all when it hit the floor.

Looks fine to me. Clear spikes every time the ball hits something.

1 minute ago, Barry Cartman said:

Danny Murphy saying he was trying to get it out the way :D

The commentators are a disgrace with these decisions

He was trying to get it out of the way. After it had been in the way and hit the ball :D

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

THE CROSSES OF SAINT GEORGE etc

Farage will be delighted. :p

And they play with more English PASHUN than the English. :D

Just now, Haguey said:

Genuinely top class goalkeeper isn't he, him and Trubin surely getting big club moves

Benfica and Valencia are fine clubs.

As for Trubin, getting him out of there will be really hard since Shakhtar didn't want to sell him without 40% sell-on fee clause.
Combine it with Benfica premium, it's going to be a lot.