Games 25 and 26: Switzerland vs Germany live from the Frankfurt Arena BBC2 8pm AND Scotland vs Hungary live from the Stuttgart Arena BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

• Switzerland win
    • Draw
    • Germany win
  2. 2. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/06/24 at 18:59

You'd probably want Clarke to move on after this but he's got them back in the conversation at least which they hadn't been for a couple of decades so...

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreadful game, but an entertaining 10/15 minutes where both teams were just shapeless messes going for it. Felt like someone was gonna score, shame it wasn't Scotland.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

I mean, it’s funny because it’s Scotland but still, that’s gotta hurt!

Nah, not really. This is Scotland. We knew coming to the tournament we wouldn't be making the KOs. What hurts is how ***** we have been, but it was naïve to expect anything else. We had, what, 3 shots on target in the whole tournament? Something like that? 

I'm genuinely just glad we are at tournaments like this. I've seen us at two Euros now, that's wild. 

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

Bizarre subs from Clarke, then ending the game with Grant Hanley as a makeshift #9… it’s not great.

I don’t think they deserved to lose, mind.

I think both teams deserved to lose for lack of ambition

Just now, JD nawrat said:

Nah, not really. This is Scotland. We knew coming to the tournament we wouldn't be making the KOs. What hurts is how ***** we have been, but it was naïve to expect anything else. We had, what, 3 shots on target in the whole tournament? Something like that? 

I'm genuinely just glad we are at tournaments like this. I've seen us at two Euros now, that's wild. 

It's OK Moyes will come in next if Clarke calls time after this.

BBC throwing UEFA under the bus for the shocking coverage during Varga's incident.

Funny how we looked better with:

Gilmour on the pitch

Robertson on the pitch

Shankland on the pitch

So Clarke taking the first two off and not putting the third on until 10 mins from the end really, really isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

Bizarre subs from Clarke, then ending the game with Grant Hanley as a makeshift #9… it’s not great.

I don’t think they deserved to lose, mind.

tbf to Hanley he was the only player that managed at shot on target :D 

Just now, enigmatic said:

tbf to Hanley he was the only player that managed at shot on target :D 

I mean there is that, but then if it were an actual striker it fell to then they might’ve won the game.

2 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

Imagine being Scotland and going out without having a proper go. Pathetic tbh.

I agree but we need to be careful staying that too given englands performances!

We definitely need a manager who is willing to attack when the time calls for it. Clarke's done a great job of making us tough to beat and snatching wins but we can't play like that forever, especially against inferior teams or when we need to win. I dunno who we get if Clarke goes. I'd like Moyes. 

3 minutes ago, eenie said:

Can I just say to everyone giving it the "LOLOL Scotland": get ****ed.

Might be time to abuse mod powers and dish out some needless bans :D 

To be fair did anyone have Scotland to get out of the group? Don't think they've looked great (only saw last 10 minutes today as was watching the other game) but they're not a great side. Hungary are quite good generally and I think it would have been a surprise if Scotland had got out of what was quite a tough group.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Has Scotland ever not bottled it?

If it happens every time, is it even a bottling anymore?

At this point it would be a bottle job to not bottle it.

Just now, Wavelberry said:

Genuinely think a trophy winning Moyes is probably the next logical step for this Scotland.

Doubt they sack Clarke as qualifying was still pretty good going. But could definitely see Moyes taking it at some point. 

Watching two teams on the verge of physical and mental exhaustion trying to get that one deciding goal is always fun. :D

I don't think Hungary will end up qualifying either with their GD but there's still a chance for them at least.

3 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

Fair.

Makes you wonder how they got the results in qualifying because they looked absolutely clueless in the tournament proper.

1 minute ago, PaulHartman71 said:

To be fair did anyone have Scotland to get out of the group? Don't think they've looked great (only saw last 10 minutes today as was watching the other game) but they're not a great side. Hungary are quite good generally and I think it would have been a surprise if Scotland had got out of what was quite a tough group.

But there are ways you can go out, in two matches they haven't really done anything

Just now, PaulHartman71 said:

Yeah I think getting out of that group was always going to be a bit of a tough one, even finishing third was going to be tricky. The grim thing is that we went into tonight's game knowing that a win would probably be enough, and we barely offered anything going forward.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

3 pts are maybe enough for Hungary right? But that goal difference isn't great

Good chance you will be able to go through with three points and a shoddy GD this year. Good chance that a couple of the third place teams are only going to finish on two points.

Just now, Weezer said:

Fair.

Makes you wonder how they got the results in qualifying because they looked absolutely clueless in the tournament proper.

Our form just fell off a cliff in the last year. Not sure what happened to be honest, but after we qualified I think we've won a single game? Gibraltar? I could be wrong, terrible memory. 

1 minute ago, titchuk said:

I do wonder if 2 points would've been enough in the end, the permutations for that to happen aren't crazy. 

God, imagine. That would be even more “classic Scotland” if it turns out they didn’t need to push for a winner.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Fair.

We've lost some important players since, and our form has fallen to pieces at exactly the wrong time.

2 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Doubt they sack Clarke as qualifying was still pretty good going. But could definitely see Moyes taking it at some point. 

They should though. But then it's the SFA and I'm sure the homosexual snake hating Malky is in there making decisions somewhere so who the **** knows...

Just now, Rob1981 said:

God, imagine. That would be even more “classic Scotland” if it turns out they didn’t need to push for a winner.

Maybe I was overthinking it but they did seem caught in two minds towards the end - had a couple of defenders back for corner that led to the winning goal still.

5 minutes ago, Haguey said:

3 pts are maybe enough for Hungary right? But that goal difference isn't great

Based on previous events they'll do well to go through with a -3 GD. Need some help from other groups 

Interesting but unsurprising breakdown on the Beeb, its the refs fault and 'why didn't VAR check it' from a professional football manager who must surely know everything is checked :D

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

GD of minus 4 with 2 points must be a pretty low chance of getting through? Any other team with two points is unlikely to lose by 4+ so you are relying on 3rd and 4th drawing with each other and losing their other two matches in two groups to progress?

Just now, PaulHartman71 said:

I think it was do-able given top 3 go through. Hungary are a right pain in the ass to play against, but not necessarily better player for player, and this Scotland side beat Spain somehow. I think the lack of attempts to win the game is worse than not winning the game though,,,,