Games 31 and 32: Denmark vs Serbia live from the Fußball Arena München ITV4 8pm AND England vs Slovenia live from the Cologne Stadium ITV1 8pm

What will be the result  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

2. 2. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixon hoping Kane's comments weren't "lost in translation"? You do know he's English and speaks English, yeah? :D 

Maybe he just used the wrong phrase but that made me laugh.

Edited by Pukey

1 minute ago, InigoPatinkin said:

Tbf if I'm Southgate I'm torn between trying to experiment and also being worried none of my players look like they've played with each other so wanting to give them another 90 minutes. 

Nice slick 3-0 start and then we'll give the likes of Mainoo and Wharton and Gordon a runout, right...

2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Dixon hoping Kane's comments weren't "lost in translation"? You do know he's English and speaks English, yeah? :D 

Maybe he just used the wrong phrase but that made me laugh.

I’m not convinced Harry is fluent in English tbh

not just based on the first 7 minutes ofc, but I think there’s an element that we’re giving Jude a bit too much freedom to go where he wants and the team suffers for it structurally.

Edited by Smallen

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

Because we've been pressing higher up the pitch?

Not pressing well, but we've not been parking a bus either.

It was a joke...

As I said, Slovenia won't park the bus, they're a well-drilled team that lacks quality and can win only if England is shambolic...which looks to be the case right now.

Just now, Pukey said:

2 or 3 really awful, awful passes so far

yeah, you can talk about attacking intent all you want but at the moment it looks like Gareth has his work cut out trying to convince them that when under no pressure, they, should probably try to pass to someone wearing the same colour as them. 

Once they've got the hang of that he should let them know which way is forward

Win the ball back...and we have options

1. Get the ball moving forward quickly to take advantage of opposition players out of position

2. Win the ball, pass the ball between the backline until the opposition players get setup defensively and THEN move forward.

Southgate always with option 2 :D

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

We need a passer next to Rice, progressing up the pitch is going to be like trekking through a muddy field with this set up

We had 2 that Southgate could have used but he prefers running around doing bugger all to actually being able to play football

2 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

We need a passer next to Rice, progressing up the pitch is going to be like trekking through a muddy field with this set up

agreed but I think Rice is/has been playing within himself too. He can be more progressive than this, even if it’s just by carrying more like he did a couple of moments ago for the first time this tournament.

Just now, Smallen said:

agreed but I think Rice is/has been playing within himself too. He can be more progressive than this, even if it’s just by carrying more like he did a couple of moments ago for the first time this tournament.

I wouldn't disagree but he can't do much if he's the only guy in the centre, who's protecting the defence if he starts going forward?