FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

15 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

In FM16 currently. You can do press conferences from your inbox!

That said there's a few areas of UI that I like better in 24. Tactics screen is much easier to navigate. The Match day experience is an interesting comparison. There's facets of both that I like.

Interestingly the press conference from inbox was a suggestion that someone on here suggested. Just shows it was much better that way

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, jmlima said:

Even something like having the 3d model of the player on display in their profile page.

That's something I've thought about too. Like we see the manager on the loading screen. You could have the plaver on the left of the profile screen, full 3D model, and then the attributes alongside. The thing that would probably stand in the way of that would be licensing as it would probably cause issues in both image rights and being able to show kits, but on the latter I suspect most people would be happy with the generated kits and modding may, as usual, be able to overcome those limitations.

7 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

That's something I've thought about too. Like we see the manager on the loading screen. You could have the plaver on the left of the profile screen, full 3D model, and then the attributes alongside. The thing that would probably stand in the way of that would be licensing as it would probably cause issues in both image rights and being able to show kits, but on the latter I suspect most people would be happy with the generated kits and modding may, as usual, be able to overcome those limitations.

If they don;t have the rights to put a player in the profile they would not have them to put him on the pitch. As with at least 50% of things in the game, a lot would just be 3d gens, not real images, same as FIFA.

2 часа назад, jmlima сказал:

Not sure. CM5 was not that much a break in gaming terms. It was easily recognizable as the same game. This time it seems they are really going for broke into making it a console game first and foremost. I mean, I will probably hate it, which is why I got FM24, but, I understand their plight and it's irrespective if they wanted to do it or not, they had to take this step to move from selling to the declining crusty moaners into selling to the increasing 5mins players. That's the way gaming is going in every single area (even wargaming which the one I know best).

Doesn't FM break sales records every year? Or did I misunderstand the point?

FM 25: we have listened to the fans. Here's what you can expect:

+ Better AI squad building.

We have revamped the AI with help from real world models. AI managers will now build long lasting teams, with some targeting instant success and others focusing on youth. They will now no longer buy a player and never play him.

+ Streamlined media and interactions 

We have revamped this, meaning interactions are quicker, less intrusive and more realistic. No longer will your team or players react irrationality to what you say, but that does mean they will react realistically, so consider your actions and words!

+ Rebuilt match engine 

With the help from advanced analysts, we have rebuilt the match engine from the ground up to replicate the real game at a closer level. There will now no longer be meta tactics and your creativity holds no bounds.

+ Immersive role play 

Taking inspiration from Crusader kings, your manager will feel more real, with role play events throughout your career.

+ Optional features 

Don't like media interactions? Training? Role play? Youth teams? You can now choose at the start of each season which features you would like active. The ones your don't choose will still exist under the hood but will not become intrusive or need attention.

+ Historical database and real regens

Some of the most popular user databases are the historical ones, with the real regens mod active. Each version you will be able to vote on which database we should include. This season we are implementing the 01/02 database. This includes all real regens. So for example Rooney will appear at Everton in their youth take and Mbappe with come through the Monaco youth ranks 

We can only dream.....

On 16/09/2024 at 15:59, decapitated said:

Find it kinda funny that there is not enough to show for even big article like eurogamer, that they needed to use one picture twice...

But overall jep, good talk but nothing new for us. It is all understandable etc, but this is the moment to share a bit, just a hint. Not hype up that they can talk about one reveal and that is PL license. Definelty hard work went into it, but it was knonw long time ago.

"There are people out there going, 'Why can't you just get generative AI to do the press conferences, to go through the game and come up with all the questions and then you answer them in whatever way you want to, and then [the in-game journalists and players] are going to react to that?'

"That's something that generative AI is not capable of, and anyone who's ever used a chatbot will know that it's not capable of doing that, and would also go so ridiculously off-piste and be impossible to QA. And impossible to get signed off by legal. And impossible to get signed off by licencing. So we're not using it in this way."

Only thing I like that he was straight with this. People think that AI is some magical stuff that has come to industry and fix everything. There is long way to go and even longer to see it in the game from developers purely from legal point. Even after that, it will be highly modified in-house AI.

30 минут назад, trevjim сказал:

Taking inspiration from Crusader kings, your manager will feel more real, with role play events throughout your career.

Achievement: Eat Aleksander Ceferin :D

Locker room intrigue reaches unprecedented levels. Players get injured during flights between matches. Injuries are displayed on 3D models. Footballers suffer from obesity and alcohol addiction. Hired killers are sent to the champion team manager :eek:

5 hours ago, trevjim said:

Interestingly the press conference from inbox was a suggestion that someone on here suggested. Just shows it was much better that way

In a sense it is. If the goal is to just quickly move through it yes. In terms of immersion, its lacking. Given how presser's really don't add a lot of obvious effect to your team most of us just try to get through them asap or leave it to the assman now.

I think it would be better that when a press conference is on the schedule its just transitions to the press room on your next spacebar action rather than waiting for us to click. And when its done it transitions back to the main/portal screen. A summary can be sent from the press officer if you want one.

I’m playing some games with 24 thanks to Epic gratis offert. 

what I have to say is: 

Football Manager needs a great revamp. 
but clearly depends on what one’s preference. 

for me that are 3 macro-areas where FM is too much basic. 

1) 3d animation. I don’t care about the quality 3d model (faces, light, kits etcc) but animation are fundamental. 
Not only we had since years the players’style “using tricks” and we at now we don’t have a single animation for it, but even basic dribbling is only a simple run. 

2) world. 
FM failed to re-create a realistic sense of football world. 
Think about it: everything about the game’s feeling it is inside us: we know that Champions is important, that World Cup is the greatest event, we know that Cr7 and Messi are this era héroes and that Pelé, Maradona, Ronaldo and Cruijff are the greatest ever. 
nothing is said by the game. 
In fact in long-save you hardly know who are the star players. 
try to play in a little Nation and you lost everything while in real world even my Mother that never see a football game know who is Messi. 

3) PA question. 
I made an old post in feature request about it so here I write only that Imho PA is and Arcade method that has nothing to do with reality. 
But it is a complicated thing and hardly find a point good for all. 

8 hours ago, jmlima said:

Not sure. CM5 was not that much a break in gaming terms. It was easily recognizable as the same game. This time it seems they are really going for broke into making it a console game first and foremost. I mean, I will probably hate it, which is why I got FM24, but, I understand their plight and it's irrespective if they wanted to do it or not, they had to take this step to move from selling to the declining crusty moaners into selling to the increasing 5mins players. That's the way gaming is going in every single area (even wargaming which the one I know best).

It's the console thing that worries me the most. I'm on record talking about the editor but that's probably a niche thing and unrelated to the big picture. 

I'm worried they will start with micro transactions and/or make "achievements' a much bigger part of the game. Online/multiplayer too. I mean, fair play to those that play these things and like it but this would bea fundamental shift for the (much) worse. 

Miles has dropped some hints this is their way forward saying that players should find new things after 500 hours of gameplay.

6 minutes ago, jcafcwbb said:

It is the Tokyo Games Show next week. Sega has got two unannounced games in their presentation. I wonder if Football Manager 25 will be one of those games.

It's the much expected crossover - Football Pachinko Manager

13 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

Miles has dropped some hints this is their way forward saying that players should find new things after 500 hours of gameplay.

He's probably just meaning you win a fur coat for your in game-avatar. You know, for all the Big Mal fans out there.

2 hours ago, saihtam said:

Only thing I like that he was straight with this. People think that AI is some magical stuff that has come to industry and fix everything. There is long way to go and even longer to see it in the game from developers purely from legal point. Even after that, it will be highly modified in-house AI.

I think this is due to how hyped "AI" has been in media and by the AI-industry. The way it's been talked about is almost like it will replace the jobs of everyone in the next few years and can do wonders on its own. The problem is, you need to be VERY specific in how to use it. I've seen people say "just use things like chatGPT to do press conferences". Which I'm sure SI could use, however the press conference answers actually impact how players or other actors in the game view you. And with just open ended text answers getting out the context and adding that into the wide ecosystem of FM sounds like it would be a nightmare! Imagine the testing required, both to make sure it would be impossible to get the game to not say anything controversial (see just about every racist/misogynistic/xenophobic comment made by just about any language simulator out there), but also how to make sure the game picks out reasonable reactions to what is being written by users. And for how much benefit overall? Would a majority of players do press conference if they had to actually type out all the answers? I doubt it. The return on investment would be so miniscule it's impossible to justify.

Now, language simulators might come a long way in the next few years, and if it become another common thing, then sure, why not, but I doubt FM would be the forerunner in this.

58 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

3) PA question. 
I made an old post in feature request about it so here I write only that Imho PA is and Arcade method that has nothing to do with reality. 
But it is a complicated thing and hardly find a point good for all. 

Its not hard. Everyone has a physiological limit on how good they can be at something. The game determines that limit. You cannot be better than your potential no matter how much time or effort you spend on it.

37 minutes ago, XaW said:

I think this is due to how hyped "AI" has been in media and by the AI-industry. The way it's been talked about is almost like it will replace the jobs of everyone in the next few years and can do wonders on its own. The problem is, you need to be VERY specific in how to use it. I've seen people say "just use things like chatGPT to do press conferences". Which I'm sure SI could use, however the press conference answers actually impact how players or other actors in the game view you. And with just open ended text answers getting out the context and adding that into the wide ecosystem of FM sounds like it would be a nightmare! Imagine the testing required, both to make sure it would be impossible to get the game to not say anything controversial (see just about every racist/misogynistic/xenophobic comment made by just about any language simulator out there), but also how to make sure the game picks out reasonable reactions to what is being written by users. And for how much benefit overall? Would a majority of players do press conference if they had to actually type out all the answers? I doubt it. The return on investment would be so miniscule it's impossible to justify.

Now, language simulators might come a long way in the next few years, and if it become another common thing, then sure, why not, but I doubt FM would be the forerunner in this.

I'm fairly confident that it will never happen. Not in a free for all mode. It might be used to generate "new" text strings they can use quickly to spice up some replies/questions. Let's get through an iteration where people don't purposely try to break the match engine before tackling LLMs. Can't wait for the cheat of saying " 10-0" to confuse the game so much you automatically win the next game 10-0. 

9 hours ago, jmlima said:

Wasn't CM5 the first non-SI CM?

I'm going to take a big guess that the reason miles and the team are remaining more hush hush about the game is because they are trying to break away from the old FM. The classic "spreadsheet simulator" that the game is classically known for.

If you notice how Miles greatly emphasis, this isn't just another version of FM. This is FM 2.0 don't expect FM plus plus plus plus.

I can understand why the removal of features. This is basically a brand new Football Manager management game.

With EA now implementing "FM" type of features into their career mode now (roles, training, sim mode etc) SI wants to hold onto their market and potentially, start tapping into another market for potential customers,people who play EAFC career mode.

I completely understand the removal of all features mentioned. They want to make their first year with FM 2.0 goes as smooth as possible so they don't want to add junk features that people won't use or won't like.

EAFC25 is coming out next week. I bet that's a driving factor for the lack of news on FM. Wait until people realize EAFc career mode doesn't have much, then BAM.. reveal FM25

6 minutes ago, Managerguy88 said:

I completely understand the removal of all features mentioned. They want to make their first year with FM 2.0 goes as smooth as possible so they don't want to add junk features that people won't use or won't like.

Uffff. It will be a lean game then. No more pressers, interactions, social media, etc.

Actually. That's a great idea.

1 minute ago, jmlima said:

Uffff. It will be a lean game then. No more pressers, interactions, social media, etc.

Actually. That's a great idea.

Yea. I'm actually stoked for the game. I'm just annoyed we haven't seen anything yet.

I've played a bit of FM mobile and it has a few "visual" features that are nicer on the eyes.

Even if we're getting a "console" version. I'm certain FM are doing their best to cater to  vets and newcomers to ease them into the world of FM

52 minutes ago, Managerguy88 said:

EAFC25 is coming out next week. I bet that's a driving factor for the lack of news on FM. Wait until people realize EAFc career mode doesn't have much, then BAM.. reveal FM25

Unreal copium on display here.

Think they’ve been pretty clear that the reason there isn’t any news is because the game literally isn’t ready and is behind schedule.  

22 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Unreal copium on display here.

Think they’ve been pretty clear that the reason there isn’t any news is because the game literally isn’t ready and is behind schedule.  

Double bluff! Some 5d chess mastery from Miles.

2 ore fa, wazzaflow10 ha scritto:

Its not hard. Everyone has a physiological limit on how good they can be at something. The game determines that limit. You cannot be better than your potential no matter how much time or effort you spend on it.

That physiological limit is not PA. 

PA is a all-round  capped limit to a player's growth. Partially known by in-game scouts. 

It is not the same thing. 

First of all 'cause the real limit is all linked to the physical attributes: PACE has limit. TEAMWORK no. 

Then we already have in game several walls to limit the growth: club level, structures, coaches, some mental attributes and above all the starting CA that clearly set a limit 'cause you cannot pass from a 16yo 15CA to a 25yo 200PA.

In the last: scout question: even if in the real world there will be a PA, nobody know it. You don't know, a pro Manchester City scout doesn't know it. So they based you potential report only on: actual ability, phisical possibility limit, mental to growth and family.  
While in the game scout partially know the PA: you clearly prove change PA of a young player. That's 'cause if they don't know the will be useless in the game.

9 minutes ago, trevjim said:

Will the incremental facilities improvements be sorted for the next version?

It's silly having won the Champions league for example with £100m+ in the bank, upgrading the training facilities from poor to adequate, and then to okay and then to good etc each season 

We should be able to just upgrade from poor to "top" or whatever is needed, instead of having to incrementally upgrade them.

Bournemouth are building a new Training ground IRL. They had poor facilities before. It's not like their Architects said to the club. "Here's the plans guys, it's adequate standard. Once that's built then come back to us and we can look at building some good standard ones"

No they simply built state of the art ones.

This is one of my number one pet peeve immersion breakers in FM.

It's maddening you have to build them step by step which can take literally decades to go from the bottom to the best, especially when like you mention you have tens of millions of cash hanging around.

18 minutes ago, trevjim said:

It's silly having won the Champions league for example with £100m+ in the bank, upgrading the training facilities from poor to adequate, and then to okay and then to good etc each season 

We should be able to just upgrade from poor to "top" or whatever is needed, instead of having to incrementally upgrade them.

Bournemouth are building a new Training ground IRL. They had poor facilities before. It's not like their Architects said to the club. "Here's the plans guys, it's adequate standard. Once that's built then come back to us and we can look at building some good standard ones"

I would for one gamefy the facilities, where not only see your progress visually, but also add a bit RPG, where choosing certain facilities over others would give you bonuses...

But this is heresy, because the game is a Manager not Football CEO or Football Director... :rolleyes: 

22 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

This is one of my number one pet peeve immersion breakers in FM.

It's maddening you have to build them step by step which can take literally decades to go from the bottom to the best, especially when like you mention you have tens of millions of cash hanging around.

The annoying thing is we have been banging on about it for well over a decade on here. It wouldn't even be a hard thing to implement. Just set a criteria behind the scenes such as finances and reputation that needs to be fulfilled to determine which facilities are built.

It's things like that which make me wonder why they ignore the users feedback so much. Such an easy fix for a regular complaint, yet they would rather add features that no one wants or asks for. 

Edited by trevjim

12 minutes ago, grade said:

I would for one gamefy the facilities, where not only see your progress visually, but also add a bit RPG, where choosing certain facilities over others would give you bonuses...

But this is heresy, because the game is a Manager not Football CEO or Football Director... :rolleyes: 

I understand both arguments about weather a manager should be able to do it, but they could at least do it the same way they do affiliate clubs and the board could ask for your input as a manager 

1 hour ago, trevjim said:

I'm not just going to post my own previous suggestions here, but this is also something I've asked for in the past.

I always felt the SI comment after review on this one hinted at this coming some time in the future so I hope FM25 is the one! :D 

33 minutes ago, trevjim said:

The annoying thing is we have been banging on about it for well over a decade on here. It wouldn't even be a hard thing to implement. Just set a criteria behind the scenes such as finances and reputation that needs to be fulfilled to determine which facilities are built.

It's things like that which make me wonder why they ignore the users feedback so much. Such an easy fix for a regular complaint, yet they would rather add features that no one wants or asks for. 

I don't think its ignoring user feedback. It could also be to protect players from building a state of the art facility when you can't afford it and ruin your save/team. Obviously if you're a top team it shouldn't be an issue generally. But by incrementing it you can't completely break a save years down the line because your club can't afford the upkeep.

The challenge is more the financial projections of the game than it is "not hard to implement". The idea is easy yes. I don't know if its easy to make sure all the right things are taken into account if you're going from level 10 to level 20.

On 17/09/2024 at 12:45, Managerguy88 said:

I'm going to take a big guess that the reason miles and the team are remaining more hush hush about the game is because they are trying to break away from the old FM. The classic "spreadsheet simulator" that the game is classically known for.

If thats the case they should and would be shouting from the rooftops about these big changes. Being so silent, to me having been around a long time, suggests that it will be much the same. I dont have much faith of this being some ground breaking change of direction and I dont expect to be proven wrong when the game eventually releases.

Over the years SI have been getting more quiet over releases because they have the market in their hands they dont need to talk about it Were around 2 months from release and we know next to nothing about it. They dont have to promote to sell the game. Its this or nothing. 

Edited by jimbo22

10 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I don't think its ignoring user feedback. It could also be to protect players from building a state of the art facility when you can't afford it and ruin your save/team. Obviously if you're a top team it shouldn't be an issue generally. But by incrementing it you can't completely break a save years down the line because your club can't afford the upkeep.

The challenge is more the financial projections of the game than it is "not hard to implement". The idea is easy yes. I don't know if its easy to make sure all the right things are taken into account if you're going from level 10 to level 20.

That would be another pretty easy fix. If the costs are starting to negatively impact the team, you could just receive and email saying your club has sold off part of the facilities and they are now downgraded.

You already get downgraded facilities in time so it's possible and pretty easy to implement 

Just now, trevjim said:

That would be another pretty easy fix. If the costs are starting to negatively impact the team, you could just receive and email saying your club has sold off part of the facilities and they are now downgraded.

You already get downgraded facilities in time so it's possible and pretty easy to implement 

Not sure how you could sell off parts of a facility if we're basing it in reality.

5 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Not sure how you could sell off parts of a facility if we're basing it in reality.

Facilities are totally abstracted in FM. They are nothing but an adjective and (presumably) some form of code bonus to development, ticket sales. But, to your point. Facilities can be downgraded easily. It just takes a novel development and presto. To give you an example from stadium design. Your UEFA graded facility can be easily downgraded by the simple action of UEFA changing the standard of what is an UEFA graded facility.

Yea I’m not buying this years edition and the tipping point was no NT management! 

I also hate people who seem to want more diagrams, graphs and all kind of crap that has made FM to look like I’m running a stock market! A big F to those people who’ve been dying to see the game more “analytical”! Same with the people that seem to want to make it to a fifa manager game!

27 minutes ago, Minotti said:

Yea I’m not buying this years edition and the tipping point was no NT management! 

I also hate people who seem to want more diagrams, graphs and all kind of crap that has made FM to look like I’m running a stock market! A big F to those people who’ve been dying to see the game more “analytical”! Same with the people that seem to want to make it to a fifa manager game!

Analytics and graphs actually make it easier to view and digest the data compared to not having them. It seems like a very strange take on it... I guess looking at lines of numbers is easier for you? 

On 17/09/2024 at 10:07, trevjim said:

FM 25: we have listened to the fans. Here's what you can expect:

+ Immersive role play 

Ah yes, can't wait for when I start playing as Arsenal's U-20 manager I start plotting to kill the main squad manager so I can inherit his job.

7 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

With facilities I suppose it won't be unreasonable to have them upgraded to match the situation irl during a major update or next version. 

Il 17/9/2024 in 19:57 , Managerguy88 ha scritto:

Yea. I'm actually stoked for the game. I'm just annoyed we haven't seen anything yet.

I've played a bit of FM mobile and it has a few "visual" features that are nicer on the eyes.

Even if we're getting a "console" version. I'm certain FM are doing their best to cater to  vets and newcomers to ease them into the world of FM

The Console version is for the veterans. Championship Manager's Amiga player, here. FM is for new maniacs of data and people without a life, FMC is for those who cares about the meat, we old players and new (non-maniacs) players. I like the easyness of the old together with the 3D match emotions of the new. Hopefully they will make the game more accessible by cutting the fluff and boosting the 3D match. I want to see the players play like in real life (animations, movements, applied tactics; and more eye catching, a better field, players models, etc.). I'm on Xbox SS. So, Amiga, PC and then Xbox. Skipped mobile because of the tiny screen, and I need the phone for other, FMC can plays in background.

FMC24 is good now, I criticized it a lot in its early days (especially because of its ostic UI/UX and ugly 3D match engine, back in time), make it excellent.

It will be unfortunate to not have international managment. It works good today, in my opinion. I do manage both club and international teams, given the opportunity. Today, I don't care at all about womens football, but who knows. Social agendas are of no interest for me (I actually hate them, I'm already skipping streaming services, movies and games influenced by gender wars, LGBTQ and woke in them, but I understand that womens football is a different thing, well... hopefully). Maybe it will be a new boulder to manage for SI. International management would have been eventually far easier to re-implement.

Edited by Tetsuro P12

On 17/09/2024 at 15:07, trevjim said:

+ Immersive role play 

One area where SI should very much be inspired by CK (especially III) is face models - I'd argue to the extent, that they should simply licence the solution. Don't need the genetics, the garbs or the injuries, just the facial and hair model (which also ages rather realistically, so you can use it throughout a footballer's career and as a staff member).

14 hours ago, trevjim said:

They haven't just thrown it up overnight though, from a quick timeline check and apologies for any errors, Bournemouth were in their fourth Premier League season when plans were submitted for the training ground in 2019, planning permission was given later in the year, and they are still at least 3 months from completion of the project. Even taking away a generous years delay for Covid I assume this would be an acceptable timeline in game for players to keep things realistic? Ie 3-4 years of relative success to acquire funds and then a 4 year build?