FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

12 minutes ago, decapitated said:

May be an image of text

Sort It Out SI have apparently heard this rumour. I think if true, this would be an interesting innovation that if it works as intended would be a tactical upgrade on FM24. It's just a rumour at this point but I'm hopeful.

Given that level of detail, and the source, I'm hopeful this is going to be very accurate #joy :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new out of possession 'roles' described in the rumours sound more like new duties or player instructions than roles tbh. Which would be ok I guess, especially as defend/support/attack duties have become increasingly outdated imho.

Biggest news re this rumour is that it would put to dust the notion that the game is being dumbed down. If anything, this would open the tactics options even more such that, if you just want to 'plug in and play', would be left with the only option of downloading / using the default / workshop tactics.

Note, not judging if this is good or bad, merely noting that this seems to be anything like the simplification that was being rumoured previously.

46 minutes ago, kandersson said:

The new out of possession 'roles' described in the rumours sound more like new duties or player instructions than roles tbh. Which would be ok I guess, especially as defend/support/attack duties have become increasingly outdated imho.

I could definitely see that. A Raumdeuter being locked to an outlet with no tracking duty for example.

1 hour ago, martplfc1 said:

A whole new role just because of Trent. Love it.

44 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You could do this anyway, regardless of the rumoured role. Just use a IWBs with the right PPMs. Not even unique to TAA either

Also Lucy Bronze.

23 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

How the AI acts in the transfer market is directly linked to how you set your game up in the beginning. SI should do a much better job of explaining how a balanced game world looks, maybe even offering the player some default options explaining the pros and cons of each. 

I usually wait until the season ticks over before signing players, other than pre-contract ones I've agreed on months before. This prevents the above scenario. 

I have a really good PC so play with with all leagues playable and with full detail. First transfer window off, large database. I'm interested to know what it is about that setup that could be adjusted to mitigate the issues in my post?

10 hours ago, decapitated said:

May be an image of text

Sort It Out SI have apparently heard this rumour. I think if true, this would be an interesting innovation that if it works as intended would be a tactical upgrade on FM24. It's just a rumour at this point but I'm hopeful.

Rarely doubt SIOSI but this time feel like those trust me bro source. I will keep my expectation as low as possible.

12 hours ago, decapitated said:

May be an image of text

This genuinely excites me but to crib a press conference comment "the proof is in the pudding and in this case the pudding is the match engine".

11 hours ago, Craigus89 said:

Do you and others who post similar stuff actually want the game to fail? I can’t understand what you hope to achieve by basically shitposting in a thread like this. 

You might be dissatisfied with the way the match engine is now, but why are you just making **** up about future releases? 

This coupled with the other absolute bollocks you’ve posted in here makes me  wish you’d just go away. 

I've been playing since CM 99.  These issues were improving until FM 11 and then have not changed since. So after 13/14 years with the same issues, I feel we are allowed to vocalise our unsatifaction about these aspects within the game, especially on a public forum designed for just that.

Not sure what other "bollocks" I am supposed to have posted but if you don't like something, perhaps either give a constructive counter argument or just move on. No need for a tantrum and I am not going anywhere kid 👋

Edited by trevjim

8 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Just experienced the new EA FC25 and my conclusion is... thank you Sports Interactive for giving us football manager :)

Last good football game was PES 21 and that still had scripting issues. 

It's sad that since the PES glory days 15+ years ago and the odd ok Fifa title 10+ years ago we haven't had a really good football game.

I was hoping the new UFT, or UFL as it's called now would disrupt the industry but it looks like a worse version of Fifa

14 hours ago, decapitated said:

May be an image of text

JUST LOOKING AT THE TITLES, The first two "new roles" for Goalkeepers cannot be defined as "NEW", because the're just a revampof the current GK roles ( (i) Sweeper Keeper - A, and (ii) Goalkeepr - D). The Playmaking Wing-Back is something that they should have included from the Maicon era, at least 15 years ago (but being SI English-based we have this wonderful feature that something is added to the game only if is implemented in the Premier League...).
Don't know that Channel Midfielder and Forward will mean, although we have already the Advanced Playmaker and the Trequartista in the game...

I have the feeling that more than adding new roles they should focus on allowing more individual instructions to the existent ones, in order to diversify their behaviour on the pitch. Sometimes you don't get the difference between Roaming Playmakers and Advanced Playmaker (S), due to the identical individual instructions (similarly, a No-nonsense full back that stays on the inside while attacking can be the same as an inverted full-back...). 

Good news we will finally have the out of possession roles, to define more precisely the duties when defending!

18 часов назад, kiwityke1983 сказал:

Some speculation that they're introducing in possession and out of possession roles.

If true pretty exciting.

It's almost impossible. You can transform your formation in fm24 already. How some players want to use separate roles for different phases - just not working irl.

Every tactic/formation has own structure. And any transformations possible only in frameworks

Edited by Novem9

15 hours ago, decapitated said:

May be an image of text

The out of possession roles sound more like player instructions to me. They're surely not going back to wobble/wobble after all. The roles sound pretty cool, although aren't practically all the current CF roles already 'channel forwards?' Kinda like how we've got the carillero and mezala, who are both kind of 'channel midfielders?' Sounds like some roles would be dropped altogether to accommodate the new ones, which would probably be a positive in the grand scheme of things.

Nevertheless, these would be very welcome changes that would potentially make the game a lot more interesting and better overall. I still sort of call BS though.

Not having International management already makes FM25 a worse game. The point of the game to begin with, was to manage a club and rise to being International manager. The rest has been added to over time to create "realism", which is debatable given the game has always overpowered the English leagues above all others and has never been able to understand B teams abroad. The fact most managers rise from B or C team management to first team has never been captured in-game. Women's football is an addition as was non league football databases (unofficial ones) but it's not something the majority will focus on, simply because at present its very niche, especially at global level.

Clearly the aim is to focus on FM26 but that is worrying given things change and taking out major features (International management) and not fixing major flaws (B teams) could be a regular occurrence.

15 saat önce, talhak said:

It's odd. Do you play in fullscreen or windowed mode?

I updated Macos and game mode is now working. But nothing has change. It's still running too hot. GPU and CPU going over 95 celsius. Bottom of the macbook gets intouchable.

2 minutes ago, Slipky said:

3U8fcam.png

Saw this floating around on Twitter, then confirmed with my local currency from my own browser. 

Are we getting closer??

I don't think so, although it has been already announced that we should have more info by the end of the month.
Moreover, the SI logo is even different now.

Just now, Costav said:

I don't think so, although it has been already announced that we should have more info by the end of the month.
Moreover, the SI logo is even different now.

Yeah, true. Could be just a placeholder image but I doubt it. We'll wait for official news.

1 hour ago, Slipky said:

Yeah, true. Could be just a placeholder image but I doubt it. We'll wait for official news.

As I said, if it is not announced on the official social media channels, here or FMFC, it just rumour and should take it with a grain of salt.

16 hours ago, jmlima said:

Biggest news re this rumour is that it would put to dust the notion that the game is being dumbed down. If anything, this would open the tactics options even more such that, if you just want to 'plug in and play', would be left with the only option of downloading / using the default / workshop tactics.

Note, not judging if this is good or bad, merely noting that this seems to be anything like the simplification that was being rumoured previously.

I'd put money on these new roles just replacing PIs and it being essentially the same. Would love to be proven wrong, but I highly, highly doubt it.

3 hours ago, srvngrc said:

I updated Macos and game mode is now working. But nothing has change. It's still running too hot. GPU and CPU going over 95 celsius. Bottom of the macbook gets intouchable.

Too hot how? 

i use an M1 Air and run about 20 leagues playable and the rest view only and have 0 issues. It gets hot but that is expected when you’re playing an intensive video game especially on Very High graphics settings during games. 

unless your computer is giving you a warning that it is getting too hot and needs to shut down, your computer is fine and the game is most likely working as expected. If you are on an M1, that is almost a 5 year old computer. It is not surprising it runs hot if you have graphics settings on Very High. 

On 23/09/2024 at 22:13, CrowManager said:

The issue is that would make signings arguably worse for the AI more than the player. 

A lot of the "issues with AI squadbuilding" in my view can be fixed pretty easily by taking away the player's ability to know exact attributes. Ergo, making them ranges with Mustermann or Starattributes. Players struggle to make bad transfers and then want to complain about the game being too easy when they can spend 100m on 2 elite players who will be great while the AI can't. Or wonderkids as people above mentioned.

That's not to say there aren't legitimate issues with AI squadbuilding of course.

Yes I've spent a lot of time saying the human should have that same view. Knowing the attributes perfectly makes it very easy. If the AI is basically doing the same with less ambition than the human then it also makes sense to have them view players as better/worse to spread the CA around.

On 24/09/2024 at 01:41, scythian12 said:

I do not believe (but then again, I could be very wrong, see first sentence) that a small tweak in how players prioritize playing time over quality teammates would ruin the entire system, but lead to bit more varied squads.

Yes I don't expect it to be a "just do this problem". Agree 100% about the butterfly effect of changing small inputs. That said it'd be a great step forward for the series if players considered a lot more factors or were more demanding about playing time/desired role etc.

I'm hopeful that even if FM25 is a small step back in terms of comprehensiveness that it opens up their ability to enhance the game more meaningfully.

20 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Yes I've spent a lot of time saying the human should have that same view. Knowing the attributes perfectly makes it very easy. If the AI is basically doing the same with less ambition than the human then it also makes sense to have them view players as better/worse to spread the CA around

A great feature would be to have exact attributes visible only after a period of training and matches (not less than 1 month at least). Meanwhile, even if a player is scouted completely, you would be able to see a 2/3 points range (because you have already a clear idea of how the player is anyway)

2 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

I'd put money on these new roles just replacing PIs and it being essentially the same. Would love to be proven wrong, but I highly, highly doubt it.

This is my thought as well. I have to imagine that re-doing and simplifying PIs like this would get more people to actually use them. I know that I sometimes either forget to set them altogether or just get confused by the menu or unsure about what they actually do. The new "roles" may be easier to understand. 

1 hour ago, Costav said:

A great feature would be to have exact attributes visible only after a period of training and matches (not less than 1 month at least). Meanwhile, even if a player is scouted completely, you would be able to see a 2/3 points range (because you have already a clear idea of how the player is anyway)

I don't mind having precision it just shouldn't be precise and accurate. Just like the researchers and scouts of real life don't know the exact attribute value. Attributes will also "fluctuate" based on the season/long term performance of a player we should have that too as a visual model. Nothing inside CA/PA changes under the hood.

It just makes it way to easy to look at a player and say oh this guy has a high scout (star) rating but his attributes are trash. I'd just like a connection between a scout/coach saying this player is a leading X level player and attributes to match. Nothing is sillier to me than having scouts/coaches say player has progressed/regressed to X level but none of the attributes have changed.

There's no peril in the transfer market without severely handcuffing yourself. I know people play attribute-less or with different skins but the feedback you're getting is still exact.

I think SI may be worried about negative vibes, and are hence "leaking" stuff in order to lift expectations.

Interesting to note roles like Carrilero, Mezzala, Segundo Volante are no longer there, though I can see approximate replacements in that screenshot.

Very "english centric" now, unless of course some of those terms are still used in other language versions?

Edited by Lord Rowell

4 saat önce, xOGxTerror said:

Too hot how? 

i use an M1 Air and run about 20 leagues playable and the rest view only and have 0 issues. It gets hot but that is expected when you’re playing an intensive video game especially on Very High graphics settings during games. 

unless your computer is giving you a warning that it is getting too hot and needs to shut down, your computer is fine and the game is most likely working as expected. If you are on an M1, that is almost a 5 year old computer. It is not surprising it runs hot if you have graphics settings on Very High. 

Of course I know all of these. But even with low graphics settings GPU and CPU are going over 90 celsius and with moderate settings 95-100 celsius. It's because of the retina display I think. When I turn off retina and set a normal resolution via EasyRes it works very cool even with high graphics. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

I think SI may be worried about negative vibes, and are hence "leaking" stuff in order to lift expectations.

Interesting to note roles like Carrilero, Mezzala, Segundo Volante are no longer there, though I can see approximate replacements in that screenshot.

Very "english centric" now, unless of course some of those terms are still used in other language versions?

I'm very suspicious of it. It says there's a 'Central Midfielder' role in the DM position that's unchanged from previous versions. That's never been a role in the DM position. Also, no box-to-box midfieler in the CM position, only the DM one? Reeally? 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm very suspicious of it. It says there's a 'Central Midfielder' role in the DM position that's unchanged from previous versions. That's never been a role in the DM position. Also, no box-to-box midfieler in the CM position, only the DM one? Reeally? 

I would just default that CM in the DM position as having a defensive role - it was probably odd to be able to put them on (D) or (S) when you can have other roles that go forward. As B2B midfielder is there, that probably covers the (S) duty. B2B playmaker also an option now, both look like replacements for the SV role.

Interesting that no B2B in the CM strata you're right. I suppose... does that exist IRL now?

21 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

SI arent leaking it out

Either SortitoutSI are going to look extremely silly as someone is feeding them plausible untruths or someone has rather unwisely broken their NDA and leaked it to them. If these leaks are true, then they aren't sanctioned by SI at all. No reputable company breaks their own NDAs. It does make me wonder if (on the basis the leaks are true) it would have been better to include this information in the early September development update to give a positive balance to a rather negative update. On other social media platforms the general vibe has switched from "it's going to be a disaster" to "I really must buy it after all" since the leak. The leaker has in some sense (if true) helped SI but that's not going to stop them having a visit from their lawyers if they ever get tracked down.

Not to mention that even if the "leaks" are true, like...who cares? In isolation, they mean absolutely nothing without having the actual implementation. Particularly with things like this. They can announce the most exciting sounding feature there's ever been, but it won't mean a thing if it doesn't work, and it almost certainly won't work in the way the eternally-hyped believe it will (hiya dynamic youth rating, hiya pal). And similarly, they could give an incredibly bland rundown of features, but the combination of all of them working correctly makes the best edition ever.

Guess that doesn't allow people to loudly proclaim their excitement/disgust endlessly though.