FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DaddyTorgo said:

We know how this will end up. It will be end of day Friday.

They need all the time they can get. this info will be released as late as they can each week. Lets be honest we wouldnt have got anything last week if they hadnt told us we would. 

Lets be honest, whatever we get wil be absolute waffle about them adding the womans game, they are excited about it etc.... 

Edited by jimbo22

20 minutes ago, CamAshworth said:

If I was to guess it will be a video made up of clips from the WSL with nothing at all being shown of the game.

I think this is what'll happen - maybe some interviews and clips/images of the work put into motion capturing. I don't see how it's possible to showcase the women's side of the game this week without showing how the UI and match engine look.

2 hours ago, Zoolok42 said:

Ok, so you think Unity switch is for future proofing basically, not because we can expect a leap in visuals? That kinda goes against what they were implying all this time, but it does fit the current lack of screenshots or any kind of promo material of an actual match.

I mean, what do I know about their plans. My guess is easier multi-platform development. As could be seen from the Unity fees debacle, once you don't control your engine you are not future proofing anything. An ever better example of that was flash.

12 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

In the roadmap it says the week of Oct 7th. It doesn't say news will be released on Oct 7th.

So it could be any day of this week really...

English is not my mother language, but this is very confusing.

They can use and say: "We are gonna unveil more about X feature in week 41" for example.

43 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

English is not my mother language, but this is very confusing.

They can use and say: "We are gonna unveil more about X feature in week 41" for example.

Their release date is also clever wording from English - "From" - this doesnt mean released per say 

Maybe it’s just a coincidence that I’ve had to agree to a new terms and conditions when logging into the forum and nothing to do with putting measures in place to start banning people who speak out!

1 minute ago, CAE82 said:

Maybe it’s just a coincidence that I’ve had to agree to a new terms and conditions when logging into the forum and nothing to do with putting measures in place to start banning people who speak out!

That was a clean up of the rules, since it was too murky in some areas, and well hadn't been reviewed in aeons. It has been planned for a while and also happened a week ago. No need for tinfoil hats.

13 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Just what people wanted to see. Instead of news about the new match engine, we get the Diversity@SI team. Its more like a comedy at this point. 

In a way, this is the new product. The game is just one more vehicle.

10 hours ago, Etebaer said:

My benchmark for UI and Graphics is still Fifa Manager and there is a recent Vid about it i like to show bcs pics speak more than words:

I liked Fifa Manager in it's day, it was a very decent game and one they should have continued. With years of development and the use of the FIFA game engine for their presentation, it was only a matter of time before they dominated. I'd have still played Football Manager as well and the competition between the two would likely have spurred a high rate of development than we got with FM being the sole game in the genre for a decade.

But to say that's your benchmark for graphics? The current FM graphics are a lot better than those, they just have the zooming in and close camera angles FM doesn't have. The in game graphics for FM25 have got to be a lot better than that surely, otherwise it would have been pointless moving to Unity Engine in the first place.

I'm dying here. I cannot believe the in game graphics haven't leaked yet. It's one of lifes great mysteries how that has happened, everything leaks these days.

5 hours ago, decapitated said:

New video from @Fmconsole on the potential uses of Volumetric technology in FM25

Hope it was just useful to see how all the technology works behind the scenes and how FIFA built the hypermotion engine before building the Volumetric Player Animations over EAFC24 and EAFC25

I've seen a lot of articles turn up based loosely on my first video so yeah hopefully it gives insights. I personally found it mindblowing especially the basketball, but still the tech is so interesting 

5 hours ago, _Rob said:

I'm expecting a 5 minute interview, with only IRL stuff talked about & shown. Oh and for it to be released about 4pm on Friday

It'll be Sunday... At 5 to midnight

vor 4 Stunden schrieb busngabb:

I'm dying here. I cannot believe the in game graphics haven't leaked yet. It's one of lifes great mysteries how that has happened, everything leaks these days.

Well, i do like the FIFA UI way better than the FM24 or FM25 UI as far as Screenshots go so i say FIFA is my benchmark for that.

And yes, to succeed they need to be surpass FIFA graphics as well and i expect them to do so.

If they suffer the same fate that FIFA suffered when the match engine degraded while the graphics improved (Braindrain and FIFA Manager merging the Engine with FIFA Football) is yet to be seen and i hope they can avoid that.

Time will tell...

Edited by Etebaer

22 minutes ago, janrzm said:

The later the announcements the more people will read into the delays. In terms of marketing it’s been one misstep after another and it genuinely saddens me to see this new release on the back foot before a “balls been kicked…”

I just hope it can be turned around and something is released to feel positive about, better still get excited about and also just to fill the silence void.

I realise I’m in a minority on this but I generally get as much satisfaction from bug reporting etc as playing. So, to see no news of alpha, beta testing which, lets be honest highlights loads of issues is a little baffling to me also.

People will do that anyway, as evidenced by all the ridiculous claims that have been made this week. As evidenced by much of the negativity this community has long experienced.

5 hours ago, Platinum said:

Back Tech Fest is about promoting yourself as an employer to technical talent. Neqly every big tech company as well as lots of smaller ones will he there. I have been myself so I know. It has no relation at all to the release of FM25. You are reading into things that don't exist

Why isn't there a downvote button? It's only fair. I can swear it was there in the early days, when hive mind wasn't a thing

39 minutes ago, janrzm said:

So, to see no news of alpha, beta testing

Seems closed alpha has begun (hearing from somewhere so idk either for sure).

16 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

And yes, to succeed they need to be surpass FIFA graphics as well and i expect them to do so.

Not gonna happen right away, even the Volumetric videos indicated as such.

6 minutes ago, SkaldfraNorden said:

Why isn't there a downvote button? It's only fair. I can swear it was there in the early days, when hive mind wasn't a thing

Because, as evidenced by Reddit, they're often destructive, penalising people who just have an alternative thought, as well as people being obstructive or detrimental to discussion.

I'd like to say I'm eagerly anticipating this jump to a new ME, but having skipped the last 6-7 editions on account of sheer rubbishness I'm not sitting at the edge of my seat. 

But who knows, maybe this time the game won't be an utter shambles.

There is always hope.

Or hype....

I really don't know the difference. 

1 hour ago, SkaldfraNorden said:

On my club forum they ditched the downvote a couple of years ago after one poster was so incensed at receiving a downvote he spent an entire weekend furiously going through that persons posts and negging them all…….:lol:

9 hours ago, busngabb said:

Very good point. Two months to release and not a single leak is impressive in 2024. 

22 minutes ago, XV20 said:

What mentioned new feature/ improvement means the most to you?

I would choose other even over ME and graphics. I mean improved AI by choosing other. For me I see no point playing in a game world long hours what is too easy and AI destroys itself.

5 hours ago, spursfan said:

Seems closed alpha has begun (hearing from somewhere so idk either for sure).

Closed Alpha? Alpha should have been going on for ages now. To give an idea from a similar development, MTGA was in Alpha for a good half-year before it went into Beta (cannot remember exactly for how long), then followed by about a year of open Beta. All in all min one year depending on number of testers... we're a month and half from the supposed 'start of release'.

6 minutes ago, jmlima said:

Closed Alpha? Alpha should have been going on for ages now. To give an idea from a similar development, MTGA was in Alpha for a good half-year before it went into Beta (cannot remember exactly for how long), then followed by about a year of open Beta. All in all min one year depending on number of testers... we're a month and half from the supposed 'start of release'.

okay so let's take it that the alpha is already underway then -- we're just not privy to it that's all

5 hours ago, Choccy18 said:

I'd like to say I'm eagerly anticipating this jump to a new ME, but having skipped the last 6-7 editions on account of sheer rubbishness I'm not sitting at the edge of my seat. 

But who knows, maybe this time the game won't be an utter shambles.

There is always hope.

Or hype....

I really don't know the difference. 

How do you know they were rubbish if you skipped them? :brock:

Edited by anagain

5 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Guys, Just chill. Things will come out soon. Just play FM24 in the meantime

Think people are starting to understand what 'being taken for granted' means.

21 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Guys, Just chill. Things will come out soon. Just play FM24 in the meantime

15 minutes ago, jmlima said:

Nature abhors a vacuum and the internet abhors one even more, we are very much in a vacuum of information about the game right now.

People are going to fill the vacuum with speculation and based on what little we do know, that speculation is obviously largely negative.

SI need to fill it with some positive news, I'm not confident this weeks announcement of the women's game is going to be that positive news either.

Mainly because we've known it's coming for two years and seeing as it's coming before UI and match experience announcements is almost certainly going to be light on info people are looking for, IE what does the new ME and UI look like!

We've another 3-4 weeks before we see the Match experience drop too!!!

Given the roadmap title for this week is "Introducing Women's Football", we can expect an Introduction and that's it.

hace 22 minutos, _Rob dijo:

Given the roadmap title for this week is "Introducing Women's Football", we can expect an Introduction and that's it.

I am not a native English speaker, but in this case, "introducing" sounds me more like if they were introducing a new feature in the FM world. Just like it's usually done in the movies: "introducing Peter O'Toole" when he was in his first relevant role on the screen (Lawrence of Arabia).

Of course I could be wrong, but that was the first thing that came to mind when I read it.

Edited by Micho21

37 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Mainly because we've known it's coming for two years and seeing as it's coming before UI and match experience announcements is almost certainly going to be light on info people are looking for, IE what does the new ME and UI look like!

IMO it could've been a proper headliner if you didn't introduce it alongside a Unity switch and a whole new ME and tactics system.
I'm not against women in the game in any way - It's a blessed addition to whoever is interested in it! I don't think it deserves to headline the FM25 marketing as it does now.

1 hour ago, jmlima said:

Or people just want everything now these days. There's no patience anymore.

2 hours ago, davehanson said:

Demo?

Guess so. Not sure what he's seen in a demo to make the game so bad. Each to their own, but the match engine has improved year on year.

4 minutes ago, anagain said:

If you are in the AAA gaming business, that's the way the game is and has been for a while. If you (royal you) cannot cope with the demand for instant gratification then you are in the wrong business.

hace 13 minutos, anagain dijo:

No mean to offend you, but you are not exactly being as patient and constructive as you claim this 'destructive community' to be.

5 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Do think the game is in such a last minute state that they had to do the "announcement unlocks the next announcement date"  as everything is up in the air.

Gutting tbh

No, not at all - but I do think they've got a whole new game engine and so the look of the game will be more fluid than normal to later stages of development when everything comes together at the end.

2 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

I’m so sorry i’m going to be that whiny guy right now, but man the forum used to be a cool place once. Talking passionate, talking stories, cool tactical chats and in depth questions being asked and answered. Different visions came up through respectful discussions. 

All I see around here for the last couple of years are just endless discussions which aren’t going forward, people wanting to persuade others that their way of doing things is the right one and justify it because of one sentence.. “playing fm since the old cm”.
Some getting offended so easily and reacting with fire. Constant bashing of things from the game, the game as a whole, or everything around it. And last but not least the neverending why’s, how’s, when’s, i hope’s and what not. 

Not to forget the “what is the best tactic” questions you see on growing occasions.

I must be getting old, but what happened to words like ‘patience’, ‘respect’, ‘acceptance’ and things like working for it to learn things yourself instead of the easy way out? Did they get lost somewhere along the generations?

I miss the old vibes around here from years ago…

These still exist, just much less visibly here.
Good news is that elsewhere (and beyond the forums) people actually play FM. and genuinely enjoy it.

Unfortunately on this thread, "It's looking less and less than Kansas anymore."

3 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Nature abhors a vacuum and the internet abhors one even more, we are very much in a vacuum of information about the game right now.

People are going to fill the vacuum with speculation and based on what little we do know, that speculation is obviously largely negative.

SI need to fill it with some positive news, I'm not confident this weeks announcement of the women's game is going to be that positive news either.

We've another 3-4 weeks before we see the Match experience drop too!!!

I think what's going on is that it has been so long since SI announced the rebuilding of the game in Unity, that players have constructed in their minds what they think the game will be. Ultimately, no half-baked screenshots can live up to this expectation. People want the game to be different but the same, feel new but nostalgic, be modern but traditional, be streamlined but not dumbed down.

My honest opinion is that it will both look and feel very similar to FM24 but with a coat of paint..