Game 40: England vs Slovakia LIVE from the Arena AufSchalke. Sunday ITV1 5pm

Who will be the winner?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/24 at 15:59

It's almost like, in this tournament more than any that I can remember, that the teams that are working well as you know, a team, are the ones doing really well regardless of perceived quality. Switzerland, Austria, Georgia, Slovakia, Slovenia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, InigoPatinkin said:

Mainoo is marking the midfielder on his side, he's in position. It's the left sided midfielder who is in no man's land (whether that's Rice whoever is supposed to tuck in on the left when he pushes up). Mainoo is never getting anywhere near that second ball. 

I’d just like him to try

Just now, Haguey said:

It's almost like, in this tournament more than any that I can remember, that the teams that are working well as you know, a team, are the ones doing really well regardless of perceived quality. Switzerland, Austria, Georgia, Slovakia, Slovenia

Which, as much as people seem to be taking the **** out of @Rob1981, is exactly the point he's been making for years. Organised team > more quality individuals any day.

With the ref handing out cards like it's Christmas, surely get the players running at the defense as much as possible, draw the fouls, and try get one or two sent off. It would have been a good match for Grealish.

Just now, Pukey said:

Which, as much as people seem to be taking the **** out of @Rob1981, is exactly the point he's been making for years. Organised team > more quality individuals any day.

How about organised quality team? Which to be fair is what he's paid to do

Just now, Smallen said:

I’d just like him to try

If he busts a gut chasing a ball he's never going to win and then the midfielder follows in behind him and scores he's going to get called a headless chicken. 

I think it's mostly on the central defenders, but Rice shouldn't be getting ahead of his man in that position. He's there to sweep up those messes. 

3 минуты назад, Astafjevs сказал:

A lot will depend on how Slovakia respond to the goal. If they just park the bus they'll be taken to ET or pens at the least. They've offered a good threat here, need to keep that up 

two buses on the field would be too much

Just now, Pukey said:

Absolutely baffling and potentially reputation ruining that he's gone against all that to just pick all the best players instead, ignoring the extremely baffling decisions like no left backs. Everyone seems chippy, no cohesion. 

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

If only there was a role in a football team, where a person could come in and make a bunch of individuals into a team.

4 minutes ago, kpain16 said:

Player by player, this is one of the best English teams I've seen. Absolutely stacked.

Also, this right here is the worst I've seen an English team play. Unwatchable trash.

Stacked on the wings, maybe.

Goalkeeper and defense are bad, they don't have a deep playmaker.