Game 40: England vs Slovakia LIVE from the Arena AufSchalke. Sunday ITV1 5pm

Coulthard's Jaw

Who will be the winner?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/24 at 15:59

Just now, Marc Albrighton said:

This is a lot like Italy yesterday, you could never see them getting back into at all. There is nothing about us at all, no cohesion, chemistry or bravery. Its been absolutely desperate all tournament really.

It’s not that bad. At least we’ve had most of the ball and an element of control despite not looking at all threatening. Italy were just getting completely dominated for 75 minutes.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Have to consider taking Mainoo off because this ref is booking every single challenge. From memory not too many complaints with any of them so far, but there's definitely some refs who might have let one or two go. This one wants to be in the limelight 

Seems to have calmed down on the cards and is letting Duda deliberately foul tbf. Must be tempting to push Bellingham back and now he's actually going there for the ball anyway and get some pace on, but Mainoo's been one of our least worst players, perhaps behind only Saka who's been almost decent

Definitely needs Trent on for Walker who's been dreadful at both ends of the pitch, and got to be tempting to try Gordon, who must have spotted Dubravka's weaknesses in training

I think we must have Gordon and Watkins on. I can handle the rest, but actual left-sided width and a striker who moves in the right areas of the pitch could open this up. Our current (persistent all tournament) disorganisation and bunching just makes it easier for every single team.

Then get Shaw on if he's at all fit, or TAA on for Walker who cannot play for England again.

I dunno. Has Bellingham’s overall game actually gotten worse whilst at Madrid? He used to grab games like this by the scruff of the neck from midfield and drag us through games with sheer willpower. Barely looks arsed out there now.

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

That Walter Winterbottom was a right knob

At least you were not senile in 1966. I've got nothing good to remember about England. Ever!

Edited by JJ72
Opposite meaning

The masses of fans and wannabe expert football analysts you see online and on here are very rarely in the right when it comes to squad selection and tactics and so on, but well, I'd take what they're saying over what Southgate is offering right now

Mad that for the goal, They had time to float a ball in, have it go high in the air, take it down, take a touch and play a runner in without a single midfielder help out. Stones really didn't help himself though, Walker did his part in marking out wide and all Stones has to do is close down. 

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

I'm switching off. I'm middle of house move that is going down to the wire. I'm super stressed about it. This is literally the LAST thing I want to sit through :D I'm having a bath, a kit kat and play some Cities Skyline

Having just gone through a protracted stressful house move you have my sympathy 

Just now, Bootador said:

We don't seem to be creating anything while we have been in control the last 20 mins. All crosses.

I don't know how you fix that, but if it's all crosses you might as well bring on Trent.

That's been the case all tournament. We've created barely anything across 3 1/2 games. We've had possession as expected, but there's nothing to it. There's no runs in behind. There's no shape. There's no cutting passes. It's just ********* the ball into the box.

3 minutes ago, Smallen said:

I dunno. Has Bellingham’s overall game actually gotten worse whilst at Madrid? He used to grab games like this by the scruff of the neck from midfield and drag us through games with sheer willpower. Barely looks arsed out there now.

Well, he's had a season of really playing as a striker mostly, so the midfield element hasn't been needed.

3 minutes ago, aggressive minor said:

Thing is when so many top class players aren’t play well..maybe it’s the system decided by the manager?

He's playing cause of reputation and the fact he'll be composed if he ever gets a chance.  But he won't get a chance if he drops deep, is the one crossing to tiny Saka or not making runs in behind.  Had enough of him. 

1 minute ago, aggressive minor said:

Nev is spot on about TAA

I will constantly bang the drum for him. Should be starting RB and it's a joke he never is. Just no threat on the right if you double up on Saka because Walker literally can't cross the ball.

Just now, Bootador said:

I'd move Bellingham back to 8, he just can't play as a 10 from what I've seen. Much better him running from deeper.

Said it all tournament but he has too much freedom and nobody knows where he’s actually going to be.