Semi Final 2: Netherlands vs England live from the BVB Stadion Dortmund. Wednesday ITV1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/24 at 18:59

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JJ72 said:

Big decision for Lord Southgate for the final now because Kane is quite simply awful.

No chance Kane doesn’t start. The best we can hope for is he comes off earlier now.

1 minute ago, arenaross said:

Has anyone checked on Rob? Worried he's combusted.

He’s gathering all the **** quotes from the haters, to **** over, till the final

I thought Koeman's changes were good at nullifying the clear midfield advantage we had in the first half, but the second half was a bit tentative all round. The Dutch just weren't very good, and we were guilty of just dropping back and inviting pressure as per usual.

Hopefully Shaw is deemed fit enough to face off against Yamal and we're brave enough to start with Watkins / Toney ahead of Kane (never happening!) against Spain. Really good to see some actual intent, for maybe 55-60 minutes.

Absolutely dreadful game from both teams. England looked dead tired in the 2nd half and played walking football, but even THAT was enough for the worst Netherlands side I've ever seen. Ew. Need to ****ing wash my eyes out after this.

Here's to hope 3 days of rest will be enough to bring at least some quality back to this football.

Dunno man. Seeing the time and watching the vibez now we seem to have really come together and the spirit is there. Has Gareth just prime Jose'd us all?

Just now, RTHerringbone said:

I thought Koeman's changes were good at nullifying the clear midfield advantage we had in the first half, but the second half was a bit tentative all round. The Dutch just weren't very good, and we were guilty of just dropping back and inviting pressure as per usual.

Hopefully Shaw is deemed fit enough to face off against Yamal and we're brave enough to start with Watkins / Toney ahead of Kane (never happening!) against Spain. Really good to see some actual intent, for maybe 55-60 minutes.

Only way Kane doesn't start is if he himself tells Gareth he can't start because of his back, which has apparently been causing him problems and may be why his mobility has been so appalling.

Just now, skybluedave said:

Watkins face there when he scores is ridiculous. Pure ecstasy. That's like our Tardelli moment 

Yeah looked like he just wanted to burst into tears.

4 minutes ago, arenaross said:

Has anyone checked on Rob? Worried he's combusted.

He'll come in all guns blazing :) But who cares, 1 game left...and we're in it! :hammer:

2 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Yeah his changes worked in that it stopped us from being a threat, but the Dutch didn't offer much. It was a pretty meh second half. Think overall we deserved it as we were definitely the better team first half, but extra time would not have been harsh and seemed it was going that way.

10 minutes ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

I'll need to watch that goal again. It went real fast. Was Watkins a bit lucky that it went between the legs of De Vrij?

Not lucky at all, in my opinion anyway.  A real strikers goal I think.

I think the Dutch went with the Big Lad option too early, they didn't really play the way to take advantage and outside of set pieces they offered nothing. Neither did we until the goal really but we always felt more likely imo

2 minutes ago, Drake said:

Absolutely dreadful game from both teams. England looked dead tired in the 2nd half and played walking football, but even THAT was enough for the worst Netherlands side I've ever seen. Ew. Need to ****ing wash my eyes out after this.

Here's to hope 3 days of rest will be enough to bring at least some quality back to this football.

Don’t worry, Spain will bring more quality than all of England’s previous opponents did together..

Just now, Haguey said:

I think the Dutch went with the Big Lad option too early, they didn't really play the way to take advantage and outside of set pieces they offered nothing. Neither did we until the goal really but we always felt more likely imo

The problem is that he chooses the big lad who's just a big lad.

Zirkzee has similar size and is technically great, Brobbey also has size and is faster.

Werghorst is good only when it's hooftaball time and opponents are in their box.

They just had way too much misfortune, would be a completely different side with De Jong and Koopmeiners.

1 minute ago, Grumblewatcher said:

Don’t worry, Spain will bring more quality than all of England’s previous opponents did together..

They'll give us space though, which most teams haven't.

Koeman twigged pretty early he couldn’t go toe to toe so bought on an extra midfielder and sat back. England weren’t great but the Dutch were far worse, negative and hoping for a lucky goal on the counter.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Yeah Southgate actually nailed the substitutions today and did them in a timely manner. He's actually learned how to use them and that's gonna be crucial in the final cos we'll need the changes to be just right as the game progresses.

Just now, Pedwar Pump said:

Koeman twigged pretty early he couldn’t go toe to toe so bought on an extra midfielder and sat back. England weren’t great but the Dutch were far worse, negative and hoping for a lucky goal on the counter.

All the teams have done this to us though, and I don't blame them. Spain have too much pride, (and skill), to do this. I only worry about how much energy the players have left tbh.

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

Yeah Southgate actually nailed the substitutions today and did them in a timely manner. He's actually learned how to use them and that's gonna be crucial in the final cos we'll need the changes to be just right as the game progresses.

I dunno. That first 15-20 minutes of the second half were a tough watch. I get that you need to see out how the opposition changes impact things, but we **** the bed again in that spell.

Koeman made the right change to shore up the midfield as they were getting dominated there first half.

That made the 2nd half a cagier affair, but set pieces aside, they never looked particularly dangerous.

England definitely deserved the win over the 90 minutes, and probably Southgates best display in terms of in game management.

4 minutes ago, Bootador said:

90 (or 120) minutes away from a national holiday, do us proud lads.

Starmer out if we win it and don't get a bank holiday

5 minutes ago, Haguey said:

In the second half? I don't agree tbh. First half definitely. But England didn't have a shot on goal until Cole Palmer in the....86th? minute. 

Not that Holland offered anything either beyond a set-piece threat, but at least they were pressing for it.

Just now, Astafjevs said:

In the second half? I don't agree tbh. First half definitely. But England didn't have a shot on goal until Cole Palmer in the....86th? minute. 

Not that Holland offered anything either beyond a set-piece threat, but at least they were pressing for it.

Not to get all xRob on you, but the offside goal has to be factored in surely.

6 minutes ago, Haguey said:

I thought they looked mildly more threatening second half, they didn't do enough with the crosses and few moments it opened up for them

2 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Yeah, tbf I say 'more likely' as in we'd probably get the job done eventually on pens or something but neither of us did anything really. Though if Walker isn't a moron then we get that Saka goal...

decent first half, 2nd half was pretty much both teams not wanting to lose

think most people like me didn't want to watch another 30 minutes of that, brilliant finish from Watkins but his reward will probably be a seat on the bench on Sunday :D

4 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Starmer out if we win it and don't get a bank holiday

Perhaps a parent dilemma but it would be ideal if they'd announce it anyways. My kid really enjoyed that but she's fecking shattered, doing that after a weekend and winning, ufff.