The Final: Spain vs England live from the Olympiastadion, Berlin. BBC1 AND ITV1. Sunday 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/07/24 at 18:59

image.png.705d090f42bb78367048a1787fdb25ba.png

vs

image.png.27c8e16ad7732b0d701e9273661b017a.png

Possible line-ups

Spain: Simón; Carvajal, Le Normand, Laporte, Cucurella; Ruiz, Rodri, Olmo; Yamal, Morata, Williams

England: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Guéhi; Saka, Mainoo, Rice, Shaw; Bellingham, Foden; Kane

Route to the final

Spain
Group B
3-0 vs Croatia (Morata 29, Fabián Ruiz 32, Carvajal 45+2)
1-0 vs Italy (Calafiori og 55)
1-0 vs Albania (Ferran Torres 13)

Round of 16
4-1 vs Georgia (Rodri 39, Fabián Ruiz 51, Williams 75, Olmo 83; Le Normand og 18)

Quarter-finals
2-1 vs Germany aet (Olmo 51, Merino 119; Wirtz 89)

Semi-finals
2-1 vs France (Yamal 21, Olmo 25; Kolo Muani 9)

England

Group C
1-0 vs Serbia (Bellingham 13)
1-1 vs Denmark (Kane 18; Hjulmand 34)
0-0 vs Slovenia

Round of 16
2-1 aet vs Slovakia (Bellingham 90+5, Kane 91; Schranz 25)

Quarter-finals
1-1 aet 5-3p vs Switzerland (Saka 80; Embolo 75)

Semi-finals
2-1 Netherlands (Kane 18p, Watkins 90+1; Simons 7)

-----------

So, here we are my friends. You wait a lifetime for England in a final, and then two come along in 3 years.

Last time...

England against Spain in the Euros means only one match of course and one celebration

image.png.eae877db4fd64c24ffe4ff1535f2c7a1.png

Gary Lineker introduces live coverage from Berlin’s Olympiastadion on BBC iPlayer and BBC One from 6.30pm joined in the studio by Rio Ferdinand and Micah Richards and special guest Spanish International and Euros winner Juan Mata, with commentary from Alan Shearer and Guy Mowbray. Alex Scott and Kelly Somers will be pitch side soaking up all the atmosphere and anticipation for the historic game.

Mark Pougatch and Laura Woods will co-present ITV’s coverage of the final. They will be joined by Roy Keane, Ian Wright and Gary Neville.

So enjoy, and please, the only misbehavior I want to hear about are bumflares.

Some montages

COME ON ENGLAND

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The past 4 weeks have all been building up to this, heroes made, dreams shattered along the way, but now it's the one we've all been waiting for...CJ's last thread in the euro 2024 forum.

YESSS! 

We're in the final :D

The first decision made - definitely watching it on BBC. I can't stand Rio Ferdinand, but the rest of them are decent enough and I like Shearer on co-coms. 

6 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

YESSS! 

We're in the final :D

The first decision made - definitely watching it on BBC. I can't stand Rio Ferdinand, but the rest of them are decent enough and I like Shearer on co-coms. 

Excited for the lovely Juan Mata!

18 minutes ago, titchuk said:

The past 4 weeks have all been building up to this, heroes made, dreams shattered along the way, but now it's the one we've all been waiting for...CJ's last thread in the euro 2024 forum.

And now, I sleep :D 

Not sure I've ever seen the full Euro 96 Spain highlights, talk about riding your luck :D The dive isn't a penalty, but one wrongly disallowed goal and whatever the Seaman save/block/tackle is outside the box must have been the stuff of nightmares for Spain when they got home.

18 minutes ago, eenie said:

Anyone who chooses to watch this on ITV rather than BBC needs shot

BBC on mute for me, can't stand Shearer when he's doing the "fan" commentary

also that picture of Cesc in the opening post :D

10 minutes ago, TM said:

BBC on mute for me, can't stand Shearer when he's doing the "fan" commentary

also that picture of Cesc in the opening post :D

The beeb really need to bring back the "stadium noise only, zero commentary" that they had years ago in the early days of the red button!

Thanks to the cricket finishing early I listened to the 5 live commentary of the semi, which had John Murray, Alan Shearer and Matt Upson. Shearer wasn't too bad actually, and offered comments on how England were playing, what he would like to see changed in the second half, he used to get a lot of stick when he was first on MOTD but I think he has improved quite a bit.

However, what was apparent was that what felt like a tense game at the time had absolutely nothing happening in the second half until the last 10 minutes, where the Dutch were annoyed at fair challenges being called fouls and we had the offside goal and the actual goal.

At the time I can remember the goal feeling quite sudden, and Murray's commentary was equally as blase until he yelled "AND WATKINS HAS SCORED" - it really reflected how unthreatening that position normally is and that 9 times out of 10 it's probably a comfortable save or gets blocked.

Listening back was probably a bad idea because I'm now convinced that Spain won't be as awful as the Dutch were in the first half and there is no way we are going to create much unless we have to go for it.

The thing is, we have Foden, Saka, Bellingham, Kane. They're all undeniably top tier players, even if they haven't all hit the heights consistently this tournament.

I think Spain are unquestionably better everywhere collectively on the pitch on form apart from maybe Kane vs. Morata, but you never know.

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIF - So youre saying theres ...

It's football. There is always a chance. But based on what I have seen from these teams, the poll on this thread is in a right state :D 

At least 70/30 for Spain, I estimate. 

Repeat of the Euro U21 final from last year, which as you'll remember ended 1-0 to England.

Only players involved in the match to make the squads are Cole Palmer and Anthony Gordon for England, and Álex Baena for Spain.

I dunno, I thought that and the Paddy Power advert with Brazil, Charlie and Pat were pretty funny. Seem to boil a lot of **** which is what the Scots want at the end of the day. It's nice that they get to feel relevant in the final and I've been patting the head of every colleague of mine and saying so since Wednesday.

Surely got to get the job done this time. 

Kane / Foden / Saka / Bellingham. All more years experienced, this is what we’ve been waiting for. Just need two of them to turn up with their A game and we get it done, surely? 

38 minutes ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

That national front page is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. I thought it was the English media that were supposed to be bad :D

it's seen as a comic up here as well, so it's not a shock

Whilst I have enjoyed muchly the pictures at the start of all of these match day topics, to have no Gibraltar on our montage is a poor effort.

I've only got Spanish beer in the fridge for tomorrow, so blame me if everything goes wrong 👍🤣

Well, as said 3 years ago in that thread "...believe it or not, you'll have another chance someday. Football always gives another chance."

Here's your "another chance".

Don't waste it, good luck for the final!

2 hours ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

That national front page is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. I thought it was the English media that were supposed to be bad :D

Yeah the National is an absolute joke of a rag.

2 hours ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

It's ridiculous. Like the Daily Mail, it just tries to get a reaction out of the worst people in the country. 

Paddy Power have done it right though.

At least it's in the right humour. 

1 minute ago, Gary_Parker said:

Which one has Rio Ferdinand? 

Aye, but which one has Sam Matterface? Only have to listen to Rio during halftime, we might have 2 hours or more of Matterface!

2 minuti fa, Gary_Parker ha scritto:

It's ridiculous. Like the Daily Mail, it just tries to get a reaction out of the worst people in the country. 

Paddy Power have done it right though.

At least it's in the right humour. 

I mean I can't understand what he's saying even with subtitles :lol:

1 minute ago, Gary_Parker said:

Yeah even if you were in favour of independence, the National would make you think twice. Everything that's petty and parochial about Scotland, so no surprise they're going with an "anyone but England" angle despite 10% of the population being English (and about 40% being Rangers fans :D )

3 hours ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

Also rather hypocritical referring to the sometimes poor behaviour of English people on holiday in Spain - it's not like others from the home nations are any better in my experience

17 hours ago, skybluedave said:

I don't know who will win but there is this weirdness about England. Like we've made some pact with the devil. My just keeps going to Thanos in Avengers for some reason

af2a3972-a465-4a7d-b2a4-c2671ff58b70_text.gif.96a27723068771408a73695ef944c7c9.gif

This is how I feel. Normally I'd pick Spain to win - they should win really. But for some reason this tournament with England it doesn't seem to matter how the game goes, or how they play, or who is in midfield, they're just going to win regardless. 

2 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Also rather hypocritical referring to the sometimes poor behaviour of English people on holiday in Spain - it's not like others from the home nations are any better in my experience

Their teams are never there long enough tbf :brock: