My Big Fat GK can score more than your Big Fat GK (Blast from the past challenge).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

That's a lovely curve on that. :applause:

It's interesting, my right footed GK only ever seems to centrally or from the right. He never seems to score from the left like this. 

Yeah, was quite pleased with that! Even as a 16 year old who came into the first youth intake, he actually has one of the best free kicking attributes in the squad! :D

pEEMZC4.png

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, was quite pleased with that! Even as a 16 year old who came into the first youth intake, he actually has one of the best free kicking attributes in the squad! :D

pEEMZC4.png

I completely ignore free-kick and penalty attributes. 

My GK has penalty taking of 1 and has converted 30 of his 33 penalties + 3/3 in penalty shootouts. 

Although my GK has been banging in the penalties, direct free-kicks have really dried up so my comment that he never scores from the left hand side recently, was true, but was also said a little tongue in cheek knowing full well that it meant the next one would be scored from that side. :cool:

Only just found this thread. This is awesome.

Will have to share some details of my Goal scoring GK when I get a chance.

On 16/11/2021 at 08:45, XaW said:

Fredrik Bie 22p had scored another free kick for us. He has had a few pens in between, but good to see him get another nice goal.

dTYLnAB.gif

That's a great hit :applause:

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Have you seen much of GK's in open play @XaWIt really is a thing of beauty in this issue of the game. They are staying forward and becoming involved in next phase much much more. 

No, I mostly play on key highlights (and a lot of commentary only and only watch replays), but perhaps I need to take a deeper look at how things flow after the set pieces as well!

8 minutes ago, XaW said:

No, I mostly play on key highlights (and a lot of commentary only and only watch replays), but perhaps I need to take a deeper look at how things flow after the set pieces as well!

Are you unleashing the GK's on wide free-kicks too? That's where the mayhem really starts. (Just remember to always have someone stand with taker). 

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Are you unleashing the GK's on wide free-kicks too? That's where the mayhem really starts. (Just remember to always have someone stand with taker). 

I've only used him for direct freekicks since I don't want to get caught out too often! :D

Perhaps I need to try it out. Will have to get promoted and become a top team before I will risk it! ;)

46 minutes ago, XaW said:

I've only used him for direct freekicks since I don't want to get caught out too often! :D

Perhaps I need to try it out. Will have to get promoted and become a top team before I will risk it! ;)

When you do it, the key to not conceding isn't lots of people back, it's lots of different layers of defence. 

So 2 back. 1 stand with taker. 1 lurking. 1 attacking from deep. Try and make sure you win the 2nds even if you don't win the initial delivery, WHICH YOU TAKE SHORT to the stand with taker. He is then the playmaker and depending on who you pick will deliver the ball, pick a pass, try and beat someone etc etc. The GK stays wide and is obviously a spare man. It's honestly brilliant and then best thing I've seen is where we have worked it short and across to the other side and then when the delivery comes in it's over-hit and clears everyone and who is there lurking on the opposite flank? Yep, my Wide Sweeper Keeper (which is a non-existent role that I have made up for him). Trust me. Free-kicks will always be fun, but the real fun is a GK getting involved with open play. 

@Punch22 from 23 is 96% and that is VERY good. :applause:Actually, it's not 22 from 23. It's 31 from 32 at 97%. :applause:

I haven't tracked free-kick conversion rates, but 8 from 32 at 25% sounds phenomenal!

What structure are you playing in and what level are you at now? I have really slowed down now that we're in the top tier in Portugal. We're just not getting anywhere near the same quantity of opportunities as we have had previously. :(

7 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I haven't tracked free-kick conversion rates, but 8 from 32 at 25% sounds phenomenal

I'm not actually tracking the percentage of free kicks, just the tally. The 32 is the penalty tally.

7 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

What structure are you playing in and what level are you at now? I have really slowed down now that we're in the top tier in Portugal. We're just not getting anywhere near the same quantity of opportunities as we have had previously

We are now in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, one level below the Vanarama National League North.

I was beginning to think his chances had slowed down last year, but in the last few months they've come back thick and fast again.

936327360_MARJackFreeKickGoal1.gif.f74c48eaeac86d7f45c63fd9c8ddac25.gif

There's been a change at the back for FC Isle of Man, with our first Youth Intake Keeper 21n Jordan Jack taking over the number one position.

He celebrated his first official game as our number one by curling in this cracker, for his first career free kick goal.

This was his 3rd career goal after having scored a League, and a Cup penalty as a fill in.

Goal Scoring Goalkeeper Hattick alert

After installing Youth product 21n Jordan Jack as the number one goal keeper recently, he turned in a stellar performance in the last game of the regular season, scoring the clubs first ever Goal Scoring Goalkeeper hattrick, including the winner, sending us to third place and securing a home semi final in the play offs.

1909649183_APRJackLeaguegoal2.gif.b723d24c43ce71450f5cf0374caec617.gif

680767352_APRJackLeaguegoal3.gif.c473f3d839f937373231ee4a34b3b1c7.gif

He made no mistake in two chances from the spot, leveling the game at 2-2.

788332777_APRJackFreekickgoal2.gif.ec074b15fd141223e94920672e7696fe.gif

He then produces this rocket to complete his hattrick, which would also prove to be the match winner.

693295357_APRJackrecord.thumb.png.46ea882f9194574930cbcee6b86b58b8.png

Scoring his 3nd, 3rd, & 4th goals of the season, all in one match.

Now has 6 career goals.