Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the screenshots, I can give my guess: 

• The WM strata will get together with the AM wide strata, stopping the nonsense that one guy was a natural winger at AM,and wasn't aware on how to play in WM. While the ball color doesn't change his capability to play, his attributes do it, it was very annoying, must be honest.
  • That new button probably will be the fans or media thing. Just guessing.

The only thing I expect is that if the 2 stratas are getting together, their initial positioning get a little behind, so having AM wide is not that risk.

Correcting myself, I actually saw that the Wide midfielder strata still exists,so ignore that point.

Edited by masno

13 ore fa, masno ha scritto:

After looking at the screenshots, I can give my guess: 

• The WM strata will get together with the AM wide strata, stopping the nonsense that one guy was a natural winger at AM,and wasn't aware on how to play in WM. While the ball color doesn't change his capability to play, his attributes do it, it was very annoying, must be honest.
  • That new button probably will be the fans or media thing. Just guessing.

The only thing I expect is that if the 2 stratas are getting together, their initial positioning get a little behind, so having AM wide is not that risk.

Correcting myself, I actually saw that the Wide midfielder strata still exists,so ignore that point.

Why are you thinking that the new icon is related to fans/media? that's what i hope, but after i saw the position (above the reserve-under teams) i've lost any positive thought...

23 minutes ago, antonyhoggan said:

Excitement building! What date we guessing for Beta release? 

Well, there is a quote on the FM store saying mid-October, so seeing as the beta is "around 2 weeks prior" it would appear the intended release for the full game may be November the 1st (although this is still yet to be confirmed).

That for me would mean that the beta would drop around 18th October, optimistically that could mean the 16th, more realistically the 17th though as Thursday has been the most common day for beta to drop.

This is of course, 100% conjecture. And very much depends how wide you make the period of Mid-October. You could argue that 1st is Early, 31st is late and everything else is mid.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is, we really won't know until it actually comes out, and that will be when it's ready, and not a minute before.

6 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Well, there is a quote on the FM store saying mid-October, so seeing as the beta is "around 2 weeks prior" it would appear the intended release for the full game may be November the 1st (although this is still yet to be confirmed).

That for me would mean that the beta would drop around 18th October, optimistically that could mean the 16th, more realistically the 17th though as Thursday has been the most common day for beta to drop.

This is of course, 100% conjecture. And very much depends how wide you make the period of Mid-October. You could argue that 1st is Early, 31st is late and everything else is mid.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is, we really won't know until it actually comes out, and that will be when it's ready, and not a minute before.

Was speculating at 18th or 25th myself! But that's sheer conjecture of previous Beta release dates and wishful thinking 😂

Il 17/9/2019 in 12:59 , rich10 ha scritto:

It'll be interesting to see how the ME handles the new law that allows players to be inside the box for a goal kick, and all of the possible reactions to that tactic from the CPU when the human player uses it, and visa-versa; imagine testing that  :)

I've had a few ideas of what we can expect with that announcement-of-the-announcement video, a buffed-up social media module looks to be on the cards; perhaps that social media will now have a bigger impact on how long you keep your job? And perhaps players getting into bother with it (doubtful due to the legalities)? Or maybe they'll tie-in with Skysports and have real life personalities on there (e.g. Carra+Nev)?

ME practically ignores handball so I guess it'll ignore that rule either.

Edited by ale1969

On 19/09/2019 at 22:02, decapitated said:

I'm impressed with the headline features. I'm glad I made the decision to preorder.

Are these the headline features you are impressed with - Club Vision, Development Centre, Playing Time Pathway, Backroom Staff and Graphic Improvements?

I respect your opinion but I just can't see how they are that impressive, or am I missing something (a brain maybe)? lol 

Club Vision and Backroom Staff will certainly help to make the game more realistic but does not really improve the enjoyment of the game. Advice and interaction with staff will undoubtedly get recycled over time, no fault of SI though.  

Development Centre and Playing Time Pathway are not marked differences to what's already being offered. And these are stuff that over some time players tend to automate the process. 

Graphic Improvements is certainly needed and 'Redesigned player and manager models, improved lighting and overhauled pitch visuals' would be a massive step but what to me is really missing is the glaring omission of modern tactics, players AI, movement, match engine...

I have the 19 version and watching it play out is frustrating as the players don't play to instructions, don't move or position the way professional footballers are supposed to, the GKs are like robots rooted on the line (they cannot even react to rebounds or second balls) and the players have very poor AI (crossing a ball into the opposition's box even though we are defending a one goal lead in the 90th min...). Gengegpressing is a pain to watch. It is like watching school kids chasing blindly after a ball. 

To me, it is unacceptable that a game this established still struggles to get the basics right. 

Completely disappointed with the 'headline' features. UI changes and adding colors somewhere and manager shoes with laces? This is a football simulation and those are the 'HEADLINE' features? 

not holding my breath for any announcement on the ME side. i expect it to be the same.

4 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

Completely disappointed with the 'headline' features. UI changes and adding colors somewhere and manager shoes with laces? This is a football simulation and those are the 'HEADLINE' features? 

not holding my breath for any announcement on the ME side. i expect it to be the same.

Miles has already said they'll show videos later, when it's ready to be shown. 

26 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

?Same mate the features announced so far haven't got me excited yet. 

On 18/09/2019 at 17:19, autohoratio said:

I really don't like the pitch graphic for players' positions being skewed... Why not just leave it straight? The same can go for the tactics creator pitch graphic in FM19. It being skewed doesn't add anything and just looks bad.

image.thumb.png.3a8fcce6c49c58d94ae1e20314ed1d4c.png

Please change this back to the original un-skewed pitch version.

That just looks daft and actually makes me feel a bit ill. 

Em 18/09/2019 em 17:19, autohoratio disse:

I really don't like the pitch graphic for players' positions being skewed... Why not just leave it straight? The same can go for the tactics creator pitch graphic in FM19. It being skewed doesn't add anything and just looks bad.

image.thumb.png.3a8fcce6c49c58d94ae1e20314ed1d4c.png

This makes no sense.

Besides being ugly for the eyes, a skewed pitch is actually an expression we use a lot to call football corruption. No good feelings can come with that.

Has the actual day in November that the game is release set in stone yet. On one site for purchase of the game it says 1st November and another 30th November.  All the adverts I have seen say early November and wondered if the exact date had been announced.  

11 hours ago, wazza said:

Has the actual day in November that the game is release set in stone yet. On one site for purchase of the game it says 1st November and another 30th November.  All the adverts I have seen say early November and wondered if the exact date had been announced.  

That should be announced when it's ready to be announced. The various sites are guessing. My steam page says "November 2019" and that's it. I don't think we're too far off hearing an exact date, so let's wait and see.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb kosecki99:

It is very strange that today there is no release date. I think they have problems with the ME, so there is no release date or a video of the ME.

A postponed, late release would be a bad sign, yes. Whenever publishers say that they want to take a little more time to "make their game even better", it's clear that something is fundamentally, game-breaking wrong. In this case, however, there are no hints at all. It's just likely that the FM release will be timed to match the Stadia launch. And because one is not yet exactly scheduled, the other is not either.

Pure speculation: I suspect that there will be first videos next week. From October 11th: first insights, on October 25th: beta release, on November 8th: full release. 

31 minutes ago, kosecki99 said:

It is very strange that today there is no release date. I think they have problems with the ME, so there is no release date or a video of the ME.

I don't think there is any point of such a speculation without facts.

Either way, you can wait until just before the full release and still benefit from a 10% off. By that time, you will know more, as the beta would be out for at least a couple of days and you can judge for yourself, if you want to purchase this year's edition or not.

I have purchased FM since 2011 and these guys themselves play the game and live the game. They love what they do, so they try to make the best they think they can for each year.

One problem, I personally think they have is, they have so many things they improve, even small things, that are not mentioned. You see a headline of 5 new features but these are just big visible ones. The under the hood stuff you won't see until you play the game. But there is always a lot of it. A lot of people complain about the ME not being updated but it always is - even with each patch. They already mentioned they updated the graphics.

You just have to wait and see what all has changed.

Each one has to decide themselves if it is a step up from the previous year to buy or not to buy.

7 hours ago, leviathan1904 said:

A postponed, late release would be a bad sign, yes. Whenever publishers say that they want to take a little more time to "make their game even better", it's clear that something is fundamentally, game-breaking wrong. In this case, however, there are no hints at all. It's just likely that the FM release will be timed to match the Stadia launch. And because one is not yet exactly scheduled, the other is not either.

Pure speculation: I suspect that there will be first videos next week. From October 11th: first insights, on October 25th: beta release, on November 8th: full release. 

Personally, I think there are many things wrong with the game (ME, players AI, reaction, movement, realism...), in respect of how it is called a football simulation game yet looking wayyy off that of an actual game. 

It is frustrating to watch the game play out and see players move about worse than Sunday league footballers.

I think it will be brilliant to get an actual football manager or even retired football managers (alan curbishley...) to endorse the game or something. But I think it is a tough ask given how far away from reality the gameplay is. 

If SI need more time to fix this, by all means, please do. 

It is not called a football simulation game for nothing. 

44 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

Personally, I think there are many things wrong with the game (ME, players AI, reaction, movement, realism...), in respect of how it is called a football simulation game yet looking wayyy off that of an actual game. 

It is frustrating to watch the game play out and see players move about worse than Sunday league footballers.

I think it will be brilliant to get an actual football manager or even retired football managers (alan curbishley...) to endorse the game or something. But I think it is a tough ask given how far away from reality the gameplay is. 

If SI need more time to fix this, by all means, please do. 

It is not called a football simulation game for nothing. 

Sorry, but what does getting Alan Curbishley to do an advert bring to the game?

And it’s not a football simulator. It’s a football management simulator. Otherwise it would be called Football 2020.

Finally, the ME and the 3D engine are not the same thing. What you see when you watch the game is the 3D engine interpreting what is happening in the match engine. In the good old days, all we had was text commentary and two different speeds to watch that.

11 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Sorry, but what does getting Alan Curbishley to do an advert bring to the game?

And it’s not a football simulator. It’s a football management simulator. Otherwise it would be called Football 2020.

Finally, the ME and the 3D engine are not the same thing. What you see when you watch the game is the 3D engine interpreting what is happening in the match engine. In the good old days, all we had was text commentary and two different speeds to watch that.

Well, it's an endorsement that it is a proper football manager game. 

Anyways, football simulator or football management simulator...  I know the difference but my point still stands. The game is still way off that of an actual game to be called a proper football management game. 

If it is back to the old days of commentary, I am sure this game would have died. The 3d engine is a huge part of the game now. Players want to see their tactics come alive. 

Love FM. Been playing since it first came out at Championship Manager when I was still a primary school kid, and I feel the game has always delivered what it has set out to do. Happy with the progress every year. I am sorry that so many people are complaining about the 3D engine. I personally wouldn't mind going back to 2D dots and having all the investment being put on the management aspect of the game. We have a 3D engine, its icing on the cake, it is being continually improved which is great, but we're not trying FIFA, we're Football Manager ;) 

5 hours ago, jenvaskes said:

Love FM. Been playing since it first came out at Championship Manager when I was still a primary school kid, and I feel the game has always delivered what it has set out to do. Happy with the progress every year. I am sorry that so many people are complaining about the 3D engine. I personally wouldn't mind going back to 2D dots and having all the investment being put on the management aspect of the game. We have a 3D engine, its icing on the cake, it is being continually improved which is great, but we're not trying FIFA, we're Football Manager ;) 

I would agree that a lot of people are not bothered about the 3D graphics and that the management aspect of the game is the thing, one of the most realistic simulation games is Flight Simulator where the core of the game is using the controls to fly a plane, but the graphics in that game are stunning and really add something to the game.

4 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I would agree that a lot of people are not bothered about the 3D graphics and that the management aspect of the game is the thing, one of the most realistic simulation games is Flight Simulator where the core of the game is using the controls to fly a plane, but the graphics in that game are stunning and really add something to the game.

Well that's the past and I think a lot of people do care about the graphics . It's nearly 2020 and we expect more . If you are going to advertise realism them you got to deliver it . If watching dots running around a green screen is your  thing then thats fine but I want realism not pretendism

3 hours ago, prot651 said:

Well that's the past and I think a lot of people do care about the graphics . It's nearly 2020 and we expect more . If you are going to advertise realism them you got to deliver it . If watching dots running around a green screen is your  thing then thats fine but I want realism not pretendism

isn't that what I am saying

5 hours ago, prot651 said:

I understand what you're saying. But I think the realism that is advertised and that I am looking for is realism of the managing aspect of the game, accuracy of data etc...

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

People on the internet saying that FM 20 will be released in 20th of November.. is that true? 

Second Friday of November. Mid-week game release is a bad marketing. So, I am waiting for 8 of November

I’m a bit in two minds about so called headline features. On the one hand they often sound good but don’t IMO improve the game. Here I’m thinking about the new training schedules and the mentoring system both of which are seriously underwhelming.

I can’t see any way judging whether any training schedules that I may spend hours preparing are any better than those set out by the ass man as a result of which I don’t think there is any benefit to changing the schedules prepared by the ass man. 

Similarly, I’ve never seen any improvement from putting players into mentoring groups. The mentoring system seems to been prepared simply to stop people from using tutors to changing a fickle 16 year old into a model citizen in a couple of years. That certainly needed to be changed but, as said, I don’t see anything else coming out of the mentoring system.

So, if we don’t have headline features what then? Well, there seem to be so many people on these forums who say that the current version, or rather, any current version is the worst ever because:

o this needs fixing;

o that needs fixing;

o the other needs fixing;

o and so on and so on.

This make me wonder if we’d better off if, instead of having “attractive” headline features each year, there was an acceptance that it was good thing if all or, at least, a great many of the individual little things about which so many people complain were fixed.

Just my two cents worth.