The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

tienen.jpg.fd9fdf5b72c80dd44d5e68ec2657b8f0.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - Belgian First Amateur Division - 2024/25 Season

PROMOTED!

With a 82' equalizer in the final game of the season and hanging on for the draw, we got the needed point to hang on to first place and promotion to Pro League B! Oh boy that was close. We won the league by 11 points, but the top 4 teams make a promotion playoff, halve your points and play each other twice. I had multiple chances to clinch the division but we just don't play well in this playoff. Yet, that being said we were 5 points up with 2 matches to play. One point would be enough to clinch.

We fall behind 2-0 in the 2nd to last game, I go full attacking, everybody going forward. Then we get a red card in 68'. Ugh. But we score at 71'. Then we score again at 75'. All we need to do is hold on to this 2-2 draw with 10 men..... and of course they score at 89'. Last game of the season we are up against Lierse Kempenzonen, who had beaten us twice already this year. They go up at 24' on a well struck ball from the edge of the box. I go attacking, we NEED the point. And we win a penalty at 66'... and miss. But at the 82', my star right wing Jean-Pierre Schmitz passes it out to the wing to my marauding right back (Loman who typically is a center back) who crosses it low to Gert Verbeeck to slots it in to even it up. We hold up for the last 10 minutes and we are champs!

We had our best youth pull yet, I have a scan of Mark Verbeeck who looks to be a star at striker. But we have several really good looking players.

table25.thumb.jpg.879bf4fdafae2a06767adf5ec5db5c0f.jpgsquad25.thumb.jpg.e51c389aff9677f25c8acebc0e458475.jpgtransfers25.thumb.jpg.59939d4b120c1b735f84a61108f31f14.jpg

25youth.thumb.jpg.1d6d3c8edd096c4e7bf6d62faa57f0f8.jpgmverbeeck25.thumb.jpg.65987f3efcc24b095e29b52914513d19.jpg

tienen25.thumb.jpg.d67c1a0b6d1f5c68a6e5f01dead96526.jpg

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

2022 Rijnsburgse Boys Youth Intake

With poor youth and training facilities paired with basic and fairly basic recruitment and coaching, I did not have high expectations for the youth intake.  We did not have a lot of talent come in during the intake but there may be a player or two who can help us in the short term.  Long term: I'm not expecting much.

Even with poor facilities and coaching you are allowed to be dissapointed with that intake! 

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪poole town f.c‬‏
Transfers | Facilities | Manager Profile

Poole Town 2020/21 Season Review

2nd time the charm? hope so.

So this is my 2nd try at the challange in my life, after the first one failed horribly after getting sacked on the 1st season, so im quite new to this concepts and I can't wait to make mistakes.

Great performance from the boys, we were predicted to be dead last this season, so I think we managed to over achive this ourselves.

Squad size was fairly small, now with the Youth Intake I have better subs, and hope that next season we will get a bit closer to playoffs.

The team is fairly young by itself, some good Youth Intakes from the season before I took over.

League table:

1pR6vOb.png

Not a bad result, could be better, we lost lots of points for dumb stuff like conceding last minutes, we had no good subs so they had almost zero impact, next season will be better I hope.

Our Tactics this season quite worked, most likely ill keep with them next season aswell.

Youth intake:

00rKBfR.png

Overall not a bad youth intake, could be worse, could be better, but I'm not complaining

3 Players stick out, but there are some others that look intresting

Ashley Jennings 01a - Will be our 2nd GK next season, when the 1st one is a Youth Intake from last season, both look good but Cadman(first choice, 16yo) is currently better.

Ethan Akerman 01b - My favorite of the bunch, really looks like he can be a good player for years, not our 1st choice at the moment but a good sub. he is very aggresive, high determination and good leadership made me in love with him.

Jonathan Holmes 01c - Not good currently for the senior squad, but has good potantial.

Season MVP's:

Jez Bedford - Looks super good for this level of play, 9 goals and 5 assists in the league and an average rating of 7.05.

Josh Carmichael - Truely amazing, out of this world, hold the middle like a god and helps my useless defenders to not concede 20 golas per game, with an average 7.14 rating, this lad grew in Bournemouth back in 11/12 season.

Luke Roberts - WHAT A GOD! this guy basiclly scored most of our goals, he looks fine, but his numbers are amazing, lets hope for some more seasons like this from him, 24 goals and 6 assists in 46 games with an average rating of 7.23.

5ab511384b25ec565473b58dcf2b6c4c.png

Edited by King Axther

Well the 2nd half of the season was rough, after grinding out a lot of 0-0 or 1-0 games i started just losing 3-0 to everyone.  Ended up going for 4-1-4-1 DM Wide (ie wide midfielders push up to attacking wide), and eventually my IWs were changed to IFs and that seemed to work. I still lost to the top sides (now 5 or 6 to 0), but i was back to grinding out 1-0 against lower sides. Became safe with 1 game to go, my youth prospects were okish, i just signed all of them straight away as i needed players and expect to use them as cover/subs from now on, though the better ones might get proper development. Made the 3rd round of League Cup too which was nice for finances.

On to season 2 of the challenge :-)

20191115142911_1.jpg

20191115152230_1.jpg

20191115153709_1.jpg

Rijnsburgse_Boys_logo.png

2021-22 Rijnsburgse Boys Season Review

Club Info #1 Club Info #2 Revenue Expenses League Table Results #1 Results #2 Transfers

Highlights from my initial season at Rijnsburgse Boys:

• Got my Holland C Coaching Badge and studying for my Holland B Badge (should have in August/September)
  • A hot spell in the winter pushed into a 2nd place finish during the 3rd Period and since the period winner was already playoff eligible; we qualified for the playoffs
  • Made a profit in every month of the season
  • Turned monthly profit into facility upgrades
  • Upgraded academy coaching and youth recruitment categories

Low lights from the season:

• Leading goal scorer only had nine goals (some of that could be the initial match engine but we shall see)
  • Best player in the youth intake had only 3* potential
  • Finished in 17th place
  • No influx of young talent in the squad.  
  • Allowed 62 goals

By the numbers breakdown of the 2022 youth intake

173330161_YouthIntake-RijnsburgseBoys-Excel11_14_20196_48_57PM.thumb.png.da4832aa079d346c984c96f2109584ad.png

The best thing I can say about the class is that they are determined.  Maybe determined players can overachieve for a season or two before better talent comes in but I've got two players who technical ratings add up to less than 40.  That's not good.

Current Manager profile:

1565019582_FootballManager202011_14_20199_28_26PM.thumb.png.ad8f02526c8c361925f51c432eb0f212.png

Season Leaders:

Goals: Maarten Reyneveld 9

Assists: Six players with 4

Average Rating: Maarten Reyneveld 6.91

League Finish: 17th (10-8-18 38 points; lost in 1st round of playoffs)

image.png.82609d7852bb3831bd3629c601b2915d.png

2025/26 Hungarian Division II season review - Putnok

The League

We started off on fire. After 7 games we were in 4th position and looking to make a real challenge. Then Dávid Gábor was poached from us on deadline day. With goals drying up, we slipped down the table to 9th place when the midseason transfer window closed. After losing another three first team players on the mid season deadline day we continued to drop to a final place of 16th.

We were somewhat lucky that there were three absolutely rubbish teams in the division. Safety was confirmed with 4 games in hand, allowing a chance to play more of the youth intake for those last four games.

We got knocked out of the cup in the 3rd round. Nothing to report there.

The Players

Szebasztián Szilágyi broke the club league scoring record, taking his total to 65 .

Our youth intake gave us a few promising youngsters, but no outstanding star like last year.

Atilla Pataki YP26a instantly became a first choice centreback.

Péter Simon YP26d also became our new first choice keeper. If development goes well and he sticks with us, I'm hopeful he can make the step up to the 1st division.

Transfers

We made a healthy 1.1m gbp from the sales of youth players. Some of these were forced on us though and I'd have preferred to keep the player.

These funds are paying for another round of facility upgrades.

Extra Time

Going into my 7th season with the club, expectations have been increased. The board now expect me to stay clear of relegation and also make the 2nd round of the cup. The first time I've been expected to get past the 1st round.

The club vision has changed to align with my own. We are now expected to develop players through the clubs' youth system.

23d133_b3161fb182bf411ea446492c4baa252d~

Etoile Carouge FC 2022/23

Table | Squad | Transfers

Last year my strikers combined for 3 goals between them, this year they managed just one goal between them all season. With the long shots being nerfed a bit half way through my top scorer this year is a centre back. It should come as no surprise therefore this wasn't a good season.

Only the incompetence of Servette saved us from automatic relegation setting up a playoff against Zürich. I gave my "goal machine" star striker a new nickname to instill confidence in the man before the first leg, which remarkably paid off as he scored his first ever senior goal after a 54 game goal drought (we lost 3-1). We fought bravely in the second leg but it wasn't enough, a somewhat deserved relegation is the result.

Top scorer - Eric Gueguen, 5 goals, he wasn't even very good.

My player of the season - Fabio Roger, 7 assists, possiblya player to build around.

The youth intake is underwhelming, a decent goalkeeping prospect and even more fullbacks and wingers to add to my mountain of mediocre talents out wide.

Top prospect - Armand Andre

Honourable mention - Léopold Gillet, his potential has dropped already but I need him as a CB, he'll never actually play at DM for me.

Season  |   League  | Position |   Cup   | Europe
---------------------------------------------------
 2020/21 | Challenge | 1st      | 3rd Rnd | N/A
 2021/22 | Super     | 8th      | 2nd Rnd | N/A
 2022/23 | Super     | 9th R    | 2nd Rnd | N/A

Nybro IF Season 2021 Review

Bildresultat för nybro if

Table Transfers | Finances Facilities | Youth Intake

We start of short about the youth intake. It were an potential wise really really good intake CA wise they are not quite there but i think a few of them will make it to the first team in the end

Now to the actual season. We started of amazingly good going with the tactic that ended last season so good for us and won the first 3 games comfortably and we looked like a real top candidate. But after this i dont really know what happened and for the next 10 games we managed 1 win and 5 draws and 4 losses and we tried tweaking tactic through the whole season but so far haven't really found the way and we struggled for the rest 8th only 4 points of relegation but last game we put out 4 youths 3 from the new intake and they dont really hold the standard yet but nice for them to get the experience.

Tom Mortensen were the one from our first intake who were with our first squad for the whole season making some subs and starting 2 games for us. Didn't perform very well but he is yet young

Finance wise we are looking fine. A small decline mostly because we got our training facility upgraded for 90k euros.

Facilities we got both youth recruitment and junior coaching upgraded early on and later even training facility so moving upwards.

Top Scorer: Eric Olsson 16 goals 26(0) games

Most Assists: Fredrik Johansson 5 assists 24(0) games And Emanuel Haraldsson 5 assists 20(0) games

Best Average: Jakob Nilsson 7.29 26(0) games

Best Prospect (01-C)Tom Mortensen 2(9) games 0 goals 0 assits 6.62 avg

Season history

Bilderesultat for nk zadar

NK Zadar

Season Update 2023-2024

Another season, another 7th place... Our third in a row and our progress is going slow! Then again, taking a look at the top teams, it makes sense. We are so far behind its almost laughable. But thats how it is in this challenge, and we just have to keep on fighting. We got a pretty decent youth intake, and we will hopefully see some results from this in a few years! 

We got new owners this year and our finances have gotten a lot better. Don't get me wrong, they are terrible, but we were close to bankruptcy so anything better than that was an improvement! 

The board has decided to build a new stadium. A strange decision, since we are only getting 54% attendance of our total capacity at home games... The takeover from new owners were a great thing at the start, but the new stadium, as well as a non-negotiable Club Vision of buying players to sell with a profit might mean trouble down the road... 

Goals for next season: Avoid relegation and reduce the payroll! 

Summary

36.thumb.jpg.fe811462194dbf319f2fa5ad8436e2a4.jpg     37.thumb.jpg.3ae6c7c024696be50fb8d73e2cd8f321.jpg     38.thumb.jpg.99ef6bd2ac013ad6f9744152274defe7.jpg

Top performers

39.thumb.jpg.6b297b23b4051340416d8507e19124fd.jpg     40.thumb.jpg.f9928e89270d14b4806c2f4050eba4f3.jpg     41.thumb.jpg.e69d6fa66f4ea940638cdb9c5e35fa75.jpg

Top prospects

42.thumb.jpg.37d957966430b76f1d14ef8b4580626d.jpg     43.thumb.jpg.2c8bfa042ad58e20c4c1694983a19bb2.jpg     44.thumb.jpg.f2de9218759710cb6d9e6f6aed20848c.jpg

Season	|   League                            |  Position |  League Cup   |        Europe         |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|   Druga Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  1st      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   Promotion to top division first year
2021/22	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  2nd round    |         N/A	          |   Stayed in the league. Good first half of the season
2022/23	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   No improvement on last year, only worse finances
2023/24	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Another 7th place finish

So i am going to stop this challenge with Carshalton i managed to stay up in the second season but despite being under 50% of my wage budget i was still losing 150-200K a season and then at the start of my third season the board decided to expand the stadium at a cost of 150K leaving us in over 600K worth of debt. Sort of makes an impossible challenge even more impossible. Thinking of starting again with FC United as at least the attendances they get will give us a chance of progressing off the field. Anybody else struggling with finances? Find it hard to believe that i am only spending 2.8k P/W on wages with no added bonus on any players contracts and still losing so much each season.

1 hour ago, Quacky said:

Quick question, does anyone else feel like youth intakes consist of a lot of wide players but very little central options. Especially players that you need aerial ability for, centre backs are rare and strikers are all tiny.

I've had pretty much the opposite of that. Not a single decent wide player in 7 seasons. I'm playing with two rubbish fullbacks. Even tried just 3 centrebacks at one point.

My right wing is my only original player left, and I have two average left wings.

I did have a 4 star central defender come through, but I thought his stats were pretty average. I put it down to my staff not being able to judge him accurately.

il y a une heure, weepube a dit :

So i am going to stop this challenge with Carshalton i managed to stay up in the second season but despite being under 50% of my wage budget i was still losing 150-200K a season and then at the start of my third season the board decided to expand the stadium at a cost of 150K leaving us in over 600K worth of debt. Sort of makes an impossible challenge even more impossible. Thinking of starting again with FC United as at least the attendances they get will give us a chance of progressing off the field. Anybody else struggling with finances? Find it hard to believe that i am only spending 2.8k P/W on wages with no added bonus on any players contracts and still losing so much each season.

Yeah, its really hard in england when you have a low attendance.  The main way to improve finances is to make a run in the fa cup. And even then, from @XaW experience, it seems they decreased the amount of money you earn when facing a big team. How much attendances had you?

We averaged 572 in the first season and 603 in the second. so understandably the income from that is awful! I guess the need to sell is massive but with only being able to offer one year contracts negotiating fees with other clubs is a chore especially when they all have higher reps. FA cup runs have been hard as both seasons i have been drawn against national league teams. Going to take the easy route and start again with FC United hopefully the better rep and higher attendances will helps move the off field part of the challenge along quicker.

17 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Have you had any decent youth coming through that you can sell?

As much as I've hated to sell mine, they have kept the finances healthy and paid for some nice upgrades.

Had one who was already at the club from the unplayable season but the AI must have only signed him to a youth contract and Ipswich poached him for 15K. The Finances are about to hit 750K in the red and the highest offer i have had for my best prospect is 5k i negotiated up to 20k then they walked away. He is now pissed squads pissed i ruined his dream. Maybe i will struggle out one more season hopefully we get a takeover but we will surely be well over a million in debt by the end of the season.

Edited by weepube

noD3emR.png

Youth intake 2026

A pretty good youth intake! Some good personalities as well.

XZyZyE3.png

A decent goalkeeper, that's rare! And with a good enough freekick taking... I might go back to the goalscoring GK challenge with this guy!

ciQrfjX.png

A pretty strong right winger with a professional personality? Nice!

BnSIi5i.png

7 hours ago, Quacky said:

Quick question, does anyone else feel like youth intakes consist of a lot of wide players but very little central options. Especially players that you need aerial ability for, centre backs are rare and strikers are all tiny.

No I've got alot of variation. Have got 3 strikers two of them 195cm

5 hours ago, SpS_Zen said:

Yeah, its really hard in england when you have a low attendance.  The main way to improve finances is to make a run in the fa cup. And even then, from @XaW experience, it seems they decreased the amount of money you earn when facing a big team. How much attendances had you?

Yeah, money is more of an issue, at least for me. But the attendances seems to slowly be increasing for us now. Seems like the cup runs help out more in the long run than the short.

5 hours ago, Fastbasher said:

Have you had any decent youth coming through that you can sell?

As much as I've hated to sell mine, they have kept the finances healthy and paid for some nice upgrades.

I have some good players, but no one have been targeted by other teams yet. So I think my players could be good enough, but the reputation probably isn't high enough to be targeted yet. Remembering from last year teams were constantly trying to poach my youngsters, so I'm quite pleased at the moment...

XaW - Stratford Town - 2025/26

noD3emR.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Playoff last season, so of course the goal was set high. And the season started good when we only lost 1 of our first 8 matches. We looked good for the fight for the playoff spots. The early part of the season continued quite good and we picked up points as we headed towards Christmas. But at around that part, we really started to struggle. In fact, this went straight down the drain. In a very busy January we only won two matches and we started dropping down the table. From there on we really had issues and from February we only won 2 matches until the end of the season. Of course, we continued to fall down the table the rest of the season and in the end we finished in a very disappointing 15th place.

In the FA Cup we beat Atherton Colleries, Basford and Halifax Town before losing to Hartlepool in the 1st round. In the FA Trophy we beat Leamington and Harrogate Town before losing to FC United on pens after a replay in the 2nd round.

We had a very good youth intake with Tom Jordan 26d and Mark Hill 26a as the brightest talents.

The leading players this season have been Liam Burke 25a, Charley O'Keefe and Chris Wreh.

Once again, I have this random higher level of academy coaching and youth recruitment... no idea why...

3lNiJjn.png

tienen.jpg.404c548802d41322f51b2cdddf1eb552.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - Belgium Pro League B - 2025-26 Season

RELEGATED!

We only needed one win in our last 2 games (or 2 draws) to stay up in the Pro League B. After a great promotion last season we went up a tier. We turned professional, and immediately we went from about $1.5M down in finances to about 500k up. Money, more staff.

Of course we were overmatched most of the way. Actually no, we had lots of 0-0, 1-0 type games. We did have some bad 3-0 type losses but the main problem is we couldn't score. As you can see below our leading scorer had 5. Our highest rated player was our 31yo GK. That's a bad sign.

But with all that, the bottom two teams go into a relegation playoff. The 7th (of 8) place team and the last place team play each other 5 times. The 7th place team gets a 3 point head start and with the tiebreaker being seeding, it basically means the 8th place team needs to win 2 more games than the 7th place team. You need to go 3-1-1 for example. With two victories and a draw in the first 3 games, we were in first place. All we had to do is win one of two (or draw both). We lost 2-0 and 3-1. Ugh.

We need to get better. Much better. My staff tells me my *best* players are playing at First Division level (ie the level I just relegated to). My youth pulls recently have been good, it's a matter of trying to get everybody playing time so I can get these guys to develop as my facilities are not very good. And trying to get my facilities up. I just haven't had any money to improve the facilities and I don't foresee any money coming in anytime soon unless I can get back up to Pro League B again.

Now I have to figure out how to cut about 25% of my payroll, I'm glad I didn't re-sign everyone to full-time contracts.....

squad26.thumb.jpg.6a59764583dfc62a6b1677a9eb2f6582.jpgtable26.thumb.jpg.9db5621d74b59bf794aef520e3bf4196.jpgtransfers26.thumb.jpg.d5232e7b081d642d41e68c58c6fb1d4a.jpg

26youth.thumb.jpg.3513573eba3ac1558c938719762447bc.jpgtienen26.thumb.jpg.fb3832f052df1633587ec6e4f8b50687.jpg

21 minutes ago, jstu9 said:

Now I have to figure out how to cut about 25% of my payroll, I'm glad I didn't re-sign everyone to full-time contracts.....

I'm looking through this now... and this is going to be rough. I have about 1/3 of my players I need to re-sign but in reality I don't know if I can re-sign any of them. I've tried to transfer list a few of the high price guys I think I can afford to lose but no offers. The staying on budget is "Required" but will I get fired if I'm over just a little if I can do well in the league/cup?

image.png.47771127b5828738d9b4bf58cff46c44.png

2026/27 Hungarian Division II season review - Putnok

The League

This is the closest we've come to relegation so far. In and out of the relegation zone a few times. We were in 17th with two games to go, 2pts ahead of Győr. Luckily Győr were just as bad as us and we stayed up more because they couldn't win than we could.

Going out in the 2nd round of the cup to fellow division II team Csákvár contributed to making this a season to forget on the field.

The Players

Szilágyi increased his record league goal tally for the club to 77.

Péter Simon and Attila Pataki both got called up and played in the Hungarian U19 national team. This sounded good at first, but the missed a couple of key games as the 2nd division does not always have a break for international games.

The youth intake looks very promising. 

Roland Vanczák YP27a should improve the passing from the midfield.

László Jakab YP27c means we now have 3 quality centrebacks.

It also looks like we have marginal upgrades on the left wing and rightback.

Transfers

Only one sale of note. I was quite happy to hold on to many of the better players in the squad and even get some of them to sign contract extensions.

22 minutes ago, jstu9 said:

I'm looking through this now... and this is going to be rough. I have about 1/3 of my players I need to re-sign but in reality I don't know if I can re-sign any of them. I've tried to transfer list a few of the high price guys I think I can afford to lose but no offers. The staying on budget is "Required" but will I get fired if I'm over just a little if I can do well in the league/cup?

I think if you get promoted back up, they won't mind. Can you keep enough of the players that you already know can get promotion?

9 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

I think if you get promoted back up, they won't mind. Can you keep enough of the players that you already know can get promotion?

I would lose 5 defenders, 4 of whom had 20+ apps last year. And four 4+ star potential youngsters. But I *think* I could get promoted again, but knowing how FM works, I could easily have an off year and finish mid-table. But I think I have to re-sign at least those 4 youngsters and some of my defense.

694-300.png.12970e5ec06c6fa26bf43b7744162dde.png

Merthyr Town Season 2020/21 Review

League - a decent season, with such a small starting squad I was changing formation lots in the early stages to try and find one that a) suited us and b) worked! We were always around midtable, never in danger but not quite good enough to challenge to top sides. End of the season we went 12 games unbeaten whoch took us to within 2 or 3 points of the playoffs, we then lost our final 2 games to finish 8 points off. Goals were the big issue with only 47 scored in 46 games

FA Cup - frustrating. So close to the first round proper (and a home game with league 1 Hull) but our squad was running on fumes at this point and the rotated players lost to a side from the leagues below us

FA Trophy encouraging. A nice little run where we beat Solihull Motors away from from, they finished 3rd in the National League and won promotion so that's quite the winf for us, before a narrow loss to Darlington

Transfers - none in. 1 out on loan

Squad - not the best squad to start with, lots of changing formations from me meant we probably didn't reach our peak every often

Finances - dire. These first years are rough

Youth Intake - quite like this one, only one 5* PA but another 4 that are 4*/4.5* so can't complain

Wayne Rodgers YP01A - goalkeeper. Already our 2nd best keeper. Great attitude too I think
Ashley Pascoe-Toomey YP01B - always nice to get a striker through
Brian Jones YP01C - could be a solid CB for us
Joel Llewellyn YP01D - young right back
Rob Jones YP01E - no relation to Brian Jones sadly (I suspect I'll get this surname a lot in Wales) but another potential option at CB or LB

Our U19's also play in the Welsh Development League which gives us actual competitive games for them rather than friendlies which I hope will help improve them quicker. 

Career Overview

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes

2020/21		NVLS		9th		Fairly basic		Basic

I ignore that news message completely now, it always seems to be a bunch of positives, and then it says a bunch of contradictions so I have no idea what the intake is going to be.

Its only slightly better than the one says your players being mentored have gained some positives and some negatives and you think, great... thats very informative.

Bildresultat för nybro if

Nybro IF Season 2021

So this season i wanted to see improvement. And got it 5 games into the season we hit the front and looked good to challange, but 1 defeat turned in to 2 then they just kept coming and the team were without a win in 6 and only 10 points from the relegation scrap i started to look below than above, Mixing formations possibly did not help matters.At the season run in with 5 games to go the team had found its mojo and had an outside chance of challanging for the title, But 1 draw and a loss put end to that and in the end it finished like this.. Still a big improvement on the first season so im happy with that.

Transfers  

Finances - Starting to look a bit grim and our Financial status is insecure..

Facilities - Nothing to write home about

Youth Intake - Couple of prospects to keep an eye on here slightly better than last season.

Honarable Mentions

A few players stood out this season a few for the right and one who has completly blew his chance with us and is possibly leaving on a free

Good

Eric Olsson - Stepped up time and again leading goalscorer this season - 14 goals

Filip Berg - Came good this season solid season

Rasmus Artebrant - Best player 

Nicklas Ellborg YC02 - Took a risk with throwing him straight into the squad. His overall stats and season ending stats are not great but 

Bad

Mathias Israelsson YC05 - Oh dear now i had my eye on this kid maybe to be put in the middle in the next 3 seasons, so i put him on the development pathway to loan him out, no takers at all he then throws his toys out of his pram and comes to talk to me i try and reason with him saying sorry and now he wants to leave.. Bye then:Bowen:

noD3emR.png

Youth intake 2027

A good youth intake, with a couple of talented players.

5E7JeqF.png

Aaron Quick 27a is probably one of the brightest young talents we've gotten through the academy. Not far off the first team.

oN3UMlr.png

We got a tall and promising defender in Harvey Cartwright 27b. Good mentals for his age as well.

BtlzFgW.png

Well I got the sack after not gaining a point in season 2 in first 20 odd games, players were revolting as not enough competition for places, and generally everything falling apart :-/

O well on to try 2, and i'll not try a 11 player squad start again lol

Midway through the second season.

835946328_FootballManager202011_16_20194_37_20PM.thumb.png.37f7268607731e111502e58ad9e63c23.png

Nine point improvement over last season at the midway point.

Scored four more goals than last season while allowing three fewer goals.

Academy coaching and recruitment have been upgraded to adequate and average respectively.

Just like previous FM's, the game sometimes decides that a few certain players will not be loaned out. I have talents, the most talented players that I have btw, that were loaned out last year to 2nd division clubs and were brilliant. This year, no clubs are interested... Even though they have more than enough quality to perform at a high level, I cant get any offers in..... Absolutely ridicoulous, and something that happens every FM... 

Edited by thomas_e

XaW - Stratford Town - 2026/27

noD3emR.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

This has been a season of ups and downs. At the start of the season we did well, got a lot of points and things were looking well. Then we did very poor, losing and losing. I went a bit too reactive and changed tactics back and forth without much success. So at a certain point, I went back to my tried and true 4-5-1 and after a few poor results we started to get points again. And at a point actually went three matches in a row without conceding. This, of course, helped us climb up the table, and at one point we had an outside shot at the playoff spots. In the end we fell a bit short of it, but we made a very good effort.

We also had a board takeover this season to a fans trust, and they do love the club! They started with the normal bank loan to sort out the debt, but then they started to push money into the club. More and more, and towards the end we had more than half a million pounds in the bank. So I asked for improvements, and they actually accepted. In addition, they have agreed to improve the facilities to move us up a youth level! The final amazing thing they did happened just after the season ended when they implemented the "develop players through the youth system" vision for the foreseeable future! I really like these guys! Oh and they finally sent me to get my first licence! Lovely indeed.

In the FA Cup we got some lucky draws and beat Tamworth, Gateshead, Halifax Town, Barrow and Dulwich Hamlet before our run was firmly stopped by West Ham in the 3rd round. Unfortunately, we drew them home, so we didn't get that much money from it. In the FA Trophy we beat Stalybridge Celtic before losing to Basford in the 1st round.

We had a good youth intake where Aaron Quick 27a and Harvey Cartwright 27b are the most talented.

The leading players this season have been Liam Burke 25aNathan Keehan 25b and Stefan Robinson 21d.

O4zmImy.png

So on to try 2

This time i choose Warrington Town, i have a squad of 26 players, 7 of which seem to be from last years youth intake. Best formation I could find for team was a 4-3-3 Wide. Players overall seem stronger, as best players are all at good or decent level for this league, while with Rushall my best player was a leading regional.

20191117084121_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Fastbasher said:

That's an interesting compensation structure. I like how this varies a lot from player to player.

Yeah, I don't know if those 5 silver stars mean actual 5 silver stars or if that is just "he is a very good youngster and we rate him 5 stars"-kind of rating...

At least I have the possibility of some money if he turns our good. I'll keep him on my watch list when he appears in game.

Which staff members have the most influence on bringing a foreign youngster through the youth academy?

Or to take it further, how much influence does each role have on this?

I'd like some diversity in my squad.

Edited by Fastbasher