The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2051/52 End of Season Review

be7198e197e6cc23ed02531a0029efe5.png

A poor second half to the season sees us finish right back down in 14th.

976a55b6b80f4ef5bee6ee5802916151.png07dd1d626e2bb9b19dec3a18905eaa78.png

6cbc8e9934afa0dd4b57dcfe87fa3fc3.png

17e55aa1ee5d66db5e127a73635d92fa.png

Overall Best XI

6148f12d47e8ba48bb0c6728ab58fd82.png

2051/52 Best XI

John Chapman (YP30g)

James Hilton (YP25a) - David Bell (YP26c)

Frank Morris (YP25e) - Youssef Amrabat (YP27c) - Calvin Logan (YP26b)

Peter Poole (YP30e)                        Dan Clark (YP26a) - Toby Taylor (YP30e)

Cameron Broughton (YP17a)                            

Kevin Weir (YP29b)

077dc9eea1d9583b11052ae307d782d5.png

3 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Seventh is mental for your first season at that level.  Great stuff!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm very happy!

Also, @Padders, congrats on finally reaching the PL! Great stuff!

This is the most fun I have had in a save for many years.  I am absolutely loving it.

I have just signed virtually my entire first team squad to four/five year contracts, together with a three year extension if we get promoted and an optional three year extension at my discretion.  So potentially, ten/eleven year deals.  When some get sold, which they inevitably will be, they will have to pay through the nose.

Hey guys,

Been a long time lurker in this thread, recently took up the challenge in Italy with Montebelluna. Currently in my second season and there is a 50/50 chance of relegation, if we stay up, I will post the first two seasons of my adventure. However, if we get relegated, I was going to start over in France, but I do not know the reset date for the clubs. If anyone knows what they are or how to find out, it would be greatly appreciated.

5 minutes ago, NMA said:

Hey guys,

Been a long time lurker in this thread, recently took up the challenge in Italy with Montebelluna. Currently in my second season and there is a 50/50 chance of relegation, if we stay up, I will post the first two seasons of my adventure. However, if we get relegated, I was going to start over in France, but I do not know the reset date for the clubs. If anyone knows what they are or how to find out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome! A lot is on the first post, so have a look, perhaps it's there.

4198438_GosportBadge.png.ba914703e83534aa81a59b9d8c64e532.png

Gosport Borough Football Club | 2021/22 Season | National League |13th

Season Preview | League Table | Squad | Competition Review | Finances | Transfers | Facilities

A fairly uneventful first season in the National League, which is exactly what we wanted! The start of the season promised a lot more truth be told as we hit the dizzying heights of 6th in matchday 9, but an almighty mid season slump saw us as low as 21st in January. Dropping into the relegation zone gave the team the kick up the backside they needed as we won 5 out of the next 6 and were never in any danger afer that. Cup runs were unspectacular as we lost our first game in the FA Trophy for a second year running and were outclassed by Peterborough in the first round of the FA Cup.

Our final goals total of 70 for and 70 against is sympamatic of where our strengths and weaknesses are. The defence and goalkeeper are pretty poor, but our strong frontline ensured we scored enough goals to make up for that more often than not. Not being able to hold onto leads costs us many times throghout the season, at one point we went back to back losing games 3-2 after being 2-0 up. Matthew Paterson again led the way and was our top scorer with 15 goals. He's 32 now however so we really need someone to come through the youth setup to take his place eventually. Hayden Atkinson YP21a did cement his place as first choice right back which was also a positive, with Walker YP21c and Cook YP21d also having fringe roles during the season.

The board did agree to upgrade our youth level and will upgrade the youth facilities due to be completed in September, however recruitment and coaching remains unchanged.

Speaking of youths, our latest intake was truly depressing. Not one player who looks like they'll be good enough to even break through at this level. I tagged Danny Hayden 22a who may challenge for an AMC position at some point in the future, and signed a few others to bulk out the squad but other than that so bad.

Without anyone decent coming through we'll just be looking for more of the same next season. Hopefully one or two more of the youths will cement their places in the squad, and fingers crossed for a better intake next year!

Career Summary:

Summary.thumb.PNG.78b06801cf2e535bf5b00e6902a3cb5b.PNG

@Makoto Nakamura

Have you considered that having your GK on set pieces may be contributing to your high number of goals against? Or maybe the benifits outweigh the losses because I guess he's putting a fair few away too. 

@Padders

Mad to see you could potentially have got over 50,000 seater while still being in the championship. The board are starting to run out of stuff to spend on at this point 😂 Next all the players will be getting Ferraris for Christmas.

Seriously tho I hope the FM gods look kindly on you and don't send you straight back down to that wretched league 

Il y a 2 heures, DazRTaylor a dit :

This is the most fun I have had in a save for many years.  I am absolutely loving it.

I have just signed virtually my entire first team squad to four/five year contracts, together with a three year extension if we get promoted and an optional three year extension at my discretion.  So potentially, ten/eleven year deals.  When some get sold, which they inevitably will be, they will have to pay through the nose.

Unfortunately, only 1 extension will execute. This means a maximum 8 years contract. 

@XaW it seems you have a lot of wonderkids. 

4 minutes ago, fish18ish said:

@Makoto Nakamura

Have you considered that having your GK on set pieces may be contributing to your high number of goals against? Or maybe the benifits outweigh the losses because I guess he's putting a fair few away too. 

@Padders

Mad to see you could potentially have got over 50,000 seater while still being in the championship. The board are starting to run out of stuff to spend on at this point 😂 Next all the players will be getting Ferraris for Christmas.

Seriously tho I hope the FM gods look kindly on you and don't send you straight back down to that wretched league 

It could be, but I think that it's just the formation really because when I used a more defensive formation we conceded a lot less, plus I'll always have my goalkeepers taking free kicks and penalties now, so far we're up to 353 goalkeeper goals between the 4 that have played for us. :) 

9 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

@XaW it seems you have a lot of wonderkids. 

I don't have any rated as a wonderkid at the moment. I think Sinisa Fumic 26a was rated as such, but only after he left for Norwich. I think Dave McPhee 33b is the one I have most hope in becoming one.

2052/53 End of Season Review

92b3064afa5ec2d9561c8b944a30ff10.png

Another solid season in upper mid-table.

686eecf87672ea9792bbffdd52d17027.png1fe9a0223e6cba28fdb96e827c1da4a9.png

5093338a26154c0a90de4b0eebfbd5bd.png

95c0c07afe3dd49b5b301f698a0b47f4.png

Overall Best XI

635a7095d414449ea944b869a857e5ae.png

2052/53 Best XI

John Chapman (YP30g)

Danny Hale (YP31d) - Louis Stewart (YP33a)

Dennis Bentley (YP31e) - Youssef Amrabat (YP27c) - Calvin Logan (YP26b)

Peter Poole (YP30a)                        Lee Chalmers (YP19c) - Toby Taylor (YP30e)

Ollie Chadwick (YP31a)                            

Ed Tomlinson (YP30d)

a8c6e7569d0314f1d4373be6564672cb.png

1 hour ago, fish18ish said:

@Makoto Nakamura

@Padders

Yes filling the stadium every week before hand in the Championship, over 40k a week. 

Yes fingers crossed I manage to stay up. It’s those terrible long losing runs I’m worried about. Managed to keep hold of all my players in August transfer window. If I can do the same in January then I might stand a chance

finished for tonight so more updates tomorrow

No doubt very little sleep worried about getting relegated after 20 seasons to get promoted!

Hello guys, Very late to the party but only recently brought the game due to the extra amount of free time gained due to the ongoing situation with the world lol

Fancy a go at a challenge as I am bored of current save.

Taking over redditch utd, predicted 24th, with poor everything. Should be interesting.

Ya Chal_ Profile.png

vAsINZS.png

This is the current table, with 10 matches left to play. For the first time we are in a position to qualify for the playoffs. I really hope we can continue our current form!

Could not build a decent attachment to redditch, managed to get half way through the season sitting bottom of the league so I called it a day.

Decided to head abroad to France. I have took over CS Sedan Ardennes  who have had torrid times of late, they were in Ligue up until 2003, then struggled after relegation until they suffered back to back relegations in 2013/2014. 

They already have good youth facilities so it feels like thats a bit of a head start for a decent foundation for this challenge and a rebuild in general.

Manager profile and club history attached.  I have also attached an image of a transfer I am unable to cancel.

Club Sportif Sedan Ardennes_ Overview.png

Club Sportif Sedan Ardennes_ Transfer Centre.png

Ya Chal_ Profile-3.png

I know I should be over the moon with just staying up but I've missed out on Europa League on goal difference

And conceded a goal in the last game in the 91st minute to lose 3-2. 

I am gutted to be honest

20200430121203_1.thumb.jpg.b3d2c33a019bb35527a55e6ef86c31f2.jpg

Finances looking very strong

20200430121213_1.thumb.jpg.5ffa0b1c48249f467e0657b812afd4e6.jpg

218804000_flandrialogo.png.fcff9aeec59964bec5751fafa8ae6475.png
Flandria season 2021-2022 Review

League - Fixtures - Transfers - squad - Signed Youth Intake

So, where do I start?
The League: We finished again in a playoff spot. Our draw was very lucky. We met all the team we beat before in the league. We went straight to the final and there we were favorites as well!
We won in a very close game the final with a penalty, converted by my goalie Lungarzo who has 14 on penalty taking (go go @Jimbokav1971! :D )
So we are going up to the Superliga! Now we can start really the developing! I'm going to focus more on training now.

The youth intake was bad and good at the same time. We got 4 useable players,  but the intake was widely of poor quality. I only signed a couple more but my prognosis for this bunch is bad.
We can't all have a wonderkid every year can we? :)  Bit of luck is needed too.

Facilities: Youth & Training facilities are upgraded. I immediatly asked for another and that's coming too.
So we're doing great!
Next year goals: survival. That's it.

Forza Flandria!

Edited by OrToDaRy282

Had to make a really big decision with my goalkeeper

Getting loads of bids and accepted one for £48m

He was 27 (not overly old for a keeper) but the other reason was I had a young 19yr old (Mark Williams) keeper in the U23s who looks great potentially

Huge risk. 

Let's see what impact it has

20200430133805_1.thumb.jpg.2de0653049a4009f70753b3953984cb5.jpg20200430133812_1.thumb.jpg.8a9f9fdb0ffeb6d78c5b8ca19a684471.jpg20200430133755_1.thumb.jpg.be091948574c8281b7d562090d2c1d60.jpg20200430133758_1.thumb.jpg.d044f9559eab3c858b773b98328522ab.jpg

What’s the consensus when it comes to personality vs attributes on staff members? I’ve currently got a model citizen HOYD but he has poor attributes apart from his determination and working with youngsters. Same really for my coaches as well who have good personalities but not much else going for them.

I figure at this level (non-league) going for personalities makes more sense as I can’t really hire anyone with good stats anyway, but if I progress further how much would you go out of your way to sacrifice stats for personality?

I just had the best intake ever with East Kilbride! 

This was the preview:

ucSamMs.png

And this the intake:

IyCjFGX.png

So one player with 4 stars CA and one with 3 stars CA!

QiweuEH.png

5TzIGVl.png

I almost can't believe it. They are WAY better then any other players at the club! This is fantastic! 

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Had to make a really big decision with my goalkeeper

Getting loads of bids and accepted one for £48m

He was 27 (not overly old for a keeper) but the other reason was I had a young 19yr old (Mark Williams) keeper in the U23s who looks great potentially

Huge risk. 

Let's see what impact it has

20200430133805_1.thumb.jpg.2de0653049a4009f70753b3953984cb5.jpg20200430133812_1.thumb.jpg.8a9f9fdb0ffeb6d78c5b8ca19a684471.jpg20200430133755_1.thumb.jpg.be091948574c8281b7d562090d2c1d60.jpg20200430133758_1.thumb.jpg.d044f9559eab3c858b773b98328522ab.jpg

I would also have sold I think.  Mark Williams is more than ready to step up.

The last game of the season this year a title decider with us playing second in a winner take all clash and we went into it with a striker injury meaning we went in with our second choice striker who is in sparkling form

b644a43d7588ae776b8b3dfcd54195f1.png

So naturally he smashes in a hat-trick to win us the league

679fc5ac5117296563f5608aada7e8c7.png

4c3b0b406cf19ca857e432ce462f962e.png

I'll be putting the end of season review up soon, but of all the players to win us the league he wasn't the one I expected

Oborishte Panagyurishte

300px-FC_Oborishte_logo.png

2030/2031

Parva League 1stChampionship Group 1st

Fixtures (1) -- Fixtures (2) -- Fixtures (3) -- Transfer -- Key Player -- Hot Prospect -- Squad -- Finances

League: [Prelim] The preliminary phase of the league went really quite well, we maintained a pretty solid defensive base but managed to add a few more goals allowing us to top the preliminary phase with only one loss to our name, though writing this before starting the Championship Group I think we’re playing terribly so can see us dropping off.

[Champ] We continued playing pretty awfully going into the first few games in the championship group with us actually dropping down to 3rd after a loss to Botev Plovdiv. Thankfully that seemed to kick us into gear where we started looking more like our former selves even in games in which we drew which lead us to a final day showdown against Levski Sofia in a winner take all clash which we won to claim our first league win.

Europe: We entered Europe at Champions League Qualification rounds which lead us to the Europa League Group Stage. Our group was actually fairly tight with only one game in which we were outclassed, in fact we were only needed a win in our last game to progress to the knockout rounds. Instead we dropped to the Europa Conference league navigating one knockout round fixture before bowing out to FC Kobenhavn in a tie we probably edged.

Cup: To help ease our fixture congestion this year was the first year where I rotated a lot for the cup games. We didn’t do awfully in spite of this making it yet again to the Quarter Finals.

The game is apparently not doing end of season awards this season so I’ll do my picks for once

Martin Rusev 6a: I’m going to give Rusev 6a the PoTY award, he consistently provides so much for the team, another season of double figures in goals scored is very good from the wing. I am trying to retrain him as an attacking midfielder just to add versatility and so that he can still play if we do change formation from wingers.

Georgi Angelov 8d: Angelov 8d is a player who’s forced his way into the side in the last year or so usurping Genchev 2d from his spot as the playmaker in midfield. A very solid season for the youngster and still has room to improve in the future.

Ivaylo Aleksiev 8h: Aleksiev 8h had the unenviable task to replace the outgoing Alex Peshov 7b and really he performed very well for us. Technically he is lacking a little but he is strong physically and not awful in terms of his mental attributes.

Youth Intake

A pretty decent intake with three players that look like really good prospects, though unfortunately not really in the areas that we need the most.

b13438d2a70508792e209ad90995653e.png

Iliya Tsvetanov 11a: This is a very exciting prospect based upon his initial attributes looking very well rounded, like all attacking midfielders that come through my intake I feel like he’ll be retrained, probably as a striker as he looks like he could develop into a decent one.

Konstantin Ivaylov 11b: A decent looking centre back prospect though I do feel he is some way from first team football needing a decent amount of development.

Georgi Trifonov 11c: Goalkeeper is a position where we have quite a few prospects so Trifonov joins the line of prospects, he looks not bad but mental attributes along with one on ones are a little bit of an issue alongside his poor personality.

News/Looking Ahead

We sold our best player in the summer for £5.25 million rising to £8 million with 50% of next sale in what was a calculated sale. The money, alongside European competitions money was used to get Training and Youth Facilities upgraded and another stadium expansion. We also managed to get a few prospects out on loan to the second tier this season which is good for the long term development of our squad.

NB I do worry with us seemingly not having player awards and such that the facilities upgrades won't properly tick over so may not get upgraded until next summer which is a frustration

I am thinking of changing the formation which is a bit of a gamble considering our overachievements in the two years that I’ve used it but I feel it can be patchy as certain areas are weak in depth. In spite us winning the league I don’t think we’re really at a level where that should be expected of us, instead I’m hoping we can challenge for a European spot again next season.

aa8c0c93d22d09d870c86c5198e98e2e.png

8 hours ago, Padders said:

Half way through the first season and really happy

Probably need 4/5 more wins to stay up

I've got to get through January transfer window without losing any of my best players

Daaamn 2100! lol