Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

Love the new analysis section at each half. Makes it very clear how my team is playing vis-a-vis the tactical setup. This will make it a lot easier to analyse and customise games. Pretty cool, overall!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My no.1 item for feedback is am not wanting to complain too big as it is a new feature, so first, can SI explain utility of this screen?
image.thumb.png.c520fdf745400254c69a75c5fbf45021.png

I understand the helpful screen before it with team tactic ideas.

My issues with this screen is:

1 - it is crimped - so screen space wasted.

This relates to my second point which is - 

2 - game treats it as same screen as own "tactic" screen. So if you change "View" on this screen you change "View" on tactic screen also.

But my tactic screen is full page, not crimped, and I have it full of fields and views. I have ASSMAN CA/PA as last two very important.

They don't show up on this screen, so I like to go back to tactic screen to pick team which is much backwardly clicking.

If you want to keep this screen please

1 - uncrimp it or

2 - not linked to always "same view" as "tactics" - freestanding custom view change one not change other

Game’s extremely fast, early experience of the ME is positive and Am really liking the huge number of tweaks increasing immersion. But you really screwed the pooch with that match screen and interface. Struggling to think of a worse designed screen/UI in FM and gaming history. You’re presented with lots of irrelevant and useless information whilst all the relevant information is hidden several clicks away, if at all. 

27 minutes ago, Christmas said:

image.png.a00811c503c83d0cb63d9f305f33a841.png

I get this at 4k 100% zoom. Haven't seen it yet since switching to 110% but not sure if just havent had that occurence 

Please post in bug forums.

Really calling people out to do it there not post here. You can post there and link topic here if you want to point it out for more people. IT will help us all and we know they will work hard on fixing these things.

Played a bit of pre season with Leicester last night. Overall impressions are very good. Like the new team meetings etc

The matches I played (friendlies) looked great, with some real life like movements. At one point Albrighton looked like he'd over hit his pass but suddenly Vardy ran in from behind, latched on to it and poked it past the advancing keeper - lovely stuff!

As far as press conferences are concerned, they look much better. I might try answering all questions as if I were Nigel Pearson. Is there an option to fold your arms and ask "are you an Ostrich?"

9 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Role Rating System has changed for FM21 to try and reflect you don't need to play players in their 'best' role.

Role Stars should be linked to the CA Stars - so a 3 Star Striker would get 3 Stars for Poacher if that was his best role and say 2 Stars for Target Man if he wasn't suited to that role, so it shouldn't be possible to have a 1 star Striker rated as 5 stars for Poacher.

Should also make it easier to compare your players as it should now be clearer that a 5 star Striker with a 3 star rating for Poacher is better than a 3 Star Striker who has 2 Stars as a Poacher, but a 4 star Striker rated as 4 Star Poacher would be better than either of the others.

Was this explained during the feature reveal or did i miss anything? Suddenly it just got me confused the role rating being different from FM20. 

4 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Another quick thing.... this offers absolutely nothing. Im all for more info making things better but this is a shake head moment. 

Capture.PNG

This looks like a virus under the microscope...

4 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Another quick thing.... this offers absolutely nothing. Im all for more info making things better but this is a shake head moment. 

Capture.PNG

Yes, definitely this. I get this pop up every match. I'm no data analyst but I suspect there's not much one could learn from this screen!

The game is fast and smooth so far. Loading and saving times are impressive, as stated by other members. The ME is vastly improved too.

Unfortunately, the Match UI is a mess (sorry SI guys, we all know you're doing the best you can, just some constructive criticism here). The tactics banner on the bottom of the screen is blocking a good part of the pitch, the dialogue box is too small, difficult to check opposite teams stats etc. The previous setting was much better. It would be nice if we could have the choice to customise (surely there are users that might like the changes). Also, for people with eyesight problems, even the largest scaling isn't large enough. Could you recommend something for this?

12 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

I would be happy if the they just got rid of the dugout box and let me customise the match stats on the left. 
I mean if you can customise the match stats then let me know as I can’t see the option. 

You can make one of the right panels match stats, and customise like you used to.

Of course it'll mean you have match stats on your page twice :D

5 minutes ago, Wizard boy said:

Bit of an issue. Some panels I open are partly offscreen so I can’t click the buttons. 

35612E8B-D5B5-4781-9845-94370124189C.jpeg

Unless you have FM set to something other than your native resolution it looks like the pop up window is opening wrong.

You should bug this in the UI section of the bug forums. Full instructions on including a save there. 

I think I have seen similar feedback to this, so it may be down as a known issue. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Really not happy with the information (and timeline) being taken away from us during the match. Could be a game killer for the way I play.

Totally agree particularly on the timeline. I think I heard Miles suggest that the timeline was removed as it is a live match and therefore wouldn't exist in real life. However, think there needs to be a balance struck in the game on certain issues and this is one that removes a key part of enjoying the match experience.

6 minutes ago, Babis71988 said:

The only thing i can mention is skin color. Tired eyes after 1 hour....especially at night. 

Someone suggested to me that I look for a blue light filter in windows. It might filter out some of the colouring that makes eye strain worse.

I have had the same issues with the skin.

I did increase the UI size to 125% and that seemed to help a little. Might be something to try until some kind soul releases a skin. 

11 минут назад, Tiger666 сказал:

Really not happy with the information (and timeline) being taken away from us during the match. Could be a game killer for the way I play.

Wait, do you know about this button? If you push it, tablet appears in any moment

image.png.67ae65c523ad8eb0f724e0c7ea4efff5.png

Some feedback so far (note I have not gotten past the first day as I am still setting everything up):

- the game processes super fast

- base skin is a bit darker

- performance analysts and recruitment analysts hired (my club allows me 2/3 not sure if it makes a difference maybe like more assignments like scouting?). Ok that note, where do I hire a press officer or is that automatically provided?

- role suitability replaced with the stars and more hidden (I am very happy with that as I never liked playing someone with orange and not a full circle :))

- Staff attributes: I saw "athleticism" i would have to double check if strength and aerobics are still there

So far it looks very nice and feels different. 

8 minutes ago, anagain said:

Someone suggested to me that I look for a blue light filter in windows. It might filter out some of the colouring that makes eye strain worse.

I have had the same issues with the skin.

I did increase the UI size to 125% and that seemed to help a little. Might be something to try until some kind soul releases a skin. 

I agree i was feeling tired as well after an hour itself previously i could do with 3-4 hours straight with out any issue. Hope some skin comes out. 

I actually really like the direction they have gone with the match UI. I enjoy the dynamism of the information changing as I watch; notifications coming up from other matches, it all adds to the experience. The change from percentages/numeric values to the use of icons is much nicer. I had no idea what meaningful difference it made if a player was 85% fit compared to 90% fit. Simplification is often a good idea for the end user, even if the end user thinks they want more information. 

The "passes" graphic in the Dugout is pointless though, it's far too busy and cramped to be of any use. I wouldn't mind seeing the match timeline return, but it's not overly fussed. It just made watching replays more convenient. 

Played 4 matches this morning as soon as I woke up. This ME is like a drug, totally addicted to it. I'm almost tempted to block Steam updates to the beta in case any updates ruin the ME!

Edited by SmurfDude

9 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Same issue, did you manage to fix it?

Have worked around this now - my laptop's display setting was set to 150% zoom; I closed FM, changed that to 100%, reloaded FM, chose 'windowed' via Preferences and then reset my laptop's display setting to 150%. Seems to have worked fine - hope that helps :)

Not sure if this is a bug or is as designed, but it's annoying that you can't go from one tactics section (In possession, In transition, Out of Possession) to the other anymore, without going back to the formation screen first.

For example, if I click on the 'In possession' box (on the tactics screen), make changes in there and then click on 'In Transition', I am first taken back to the formation screen and I need to click 'In transition' again. In FM20 I could go from one of these boxes to the next without going back to the formation view in between.

Should I raise this as a bug?

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Is the team selection screen now being a fixed size a bug? I have an ultrawide and the layout is not filling my screen, i have lot of wasted space on either side. and no room to add more columns.

Capture_uw.thumb.jpg.3ce0bd8689e768d291f315e218c6a9e1.jpg

This is a bug, yes. As you say, it should be stretching a little bit more to fit the screen. One we are aware of and have under review here. Cheers!

Like what I’ve seen so far. Certainly smoother and looks amazing.

BUT

Why has the ability to ‘highlight key attributes for role’ in the staff search attribute filter gone? With so much QoL going in, seems odd to take this out.

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Role Rating System has changed for FM21 to try and reflect you don't need to play players in their 'best' role.

Role Stars should be linked to the CA Stars - so a 3 Star Striker would get 3 Stars for Poacher if that was his best role and say 2 Stars for Target Man if he wasn't suited to that role, so it shouldn't be possible to have a 1 star Striker rated as 5 stars for Poacher.

Should also make it easier to compare your players as it should now be clearer that a 5 star Striker with a 3 star rating for Poacher is better than a 3 Star Striker who has 2 Stars as a Poacher, but a 4 star Striker rated as 4 Star Poacher would be better than either of the others.

Not sure about this as it decreases the need to scout a player? I don't attribute mask so it's already a bit easier for me, but now I can see every players star rating before I've even sent a scout. I don't think I should be able to see that without scouting. 

Of course you should still get a scout report to understand hidden attributes etc. 

44 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

I would be happy if the they just got rid of the dugout box and let me customise the match stats on the left. 
I mean if you can customise the match stats then let me know as I can’t see the option. 

The same for me, I'd prefer if we could customise the stats on the left, they don't show half the information I like, I use the match stats from the tablet on the right  making the stats on the left pointless. I only have two tabs on the tablet screen too so that's one wasted

The Dugout box should be optional, I'd rather have more tablet tabs there  & be able to just go to the analysis screen if I want that sort of info

I miss widgets, especially for 2D where you could fill the grey space with them 

Enjoying the game so far but as several people have already said, not a fan of the match day UI at all, ive always customised it with different widgets of different sizes. Also as someone who plays on commentary only, the commentary box is way too small.

38 minutes ago, RedExpress said:

Totally agree particularly on the timeline. I think I heard Miles suggest that the timeline was removed as it is a live match and therefore wouldn't exist in real life. However, think there needs to be a balance struck in the game on certain issues and this is one that removes a key part of enjoying the match experience.

I can understand where Miles is coming from but it would be nice if it was optional, imagine trying to make bug report with timestamps without being able to freely move the timeline  

Edited by Johnny Ace

15 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I can understand where Miles is coming from but it would be nice if it was optional, imagine trying to make bug report with timestamps without being able to freely move the timeline  

It doesn't make any sense, why make it harder to go to a specific point in the match? You can still do it, it just takes more than a click. It's a terrible design decision. What damage was a timeline doing?

Edited by Tiger666

6 hours ago, Aim_Less said:

so i am the only one seeing too much penalties ? both against and for me

compared to what? What are the real life stats then compare what you see in FM else it appears "your view" rather an than FM v Real Life. New handball rule in real life has tended to mean a rise in penalties