• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

After one night of sleep, yes.

But not with Royal Virton save.

Its a combination of the regen bug and maybe playing in Belgium.

Hmmm Im enjoying my time in Belgium with Lokeren, but it's tough.

Who do you have in mind now?  If you start a new save there will be no regen bug?

24 minutes ago, jmonfu said:

Hmmm Im enjoying my time in Belgium with Lokeren, but it's tough.

Who do you have in mind now?  If you start a new save there will be no regen bug?

It may sounds weird, but nobody wants my players.

I got 3-4 players which I want to move on, which are good, but not for us anymore. (I want to follow their progress)

I dont want to release them, when they are worth a bit of cash. Especially if I need to "repair the clubs finances".

I even got Spanish players and no spanish club gives a s...

Nobody in Belgium got money in tier 2 and below, where those players would be good. (not many clubs are pro)

They dont even take them for 0€ + 10-50% clause

Maybe my setup was wrong.

I got the big 10 nations loaded, but only as view only.

After 6 season the database went from 13000 to 9000 players.

Also the fact that I got no players from Luxembourg or France despite beein roughly 30km next to both is a let down.

Where to go next?  Idk yet.

I think boring England might where I get all those things.

Interest in players from above the league or the British Isle and players with cool nations and/or combinations.

Edited by Cheez3y

9 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

I may sounds weird, but nobody wants my players.

I got 3-4 players which I want to move on, which are good, but not for us anymore. (I want to follow their progress)

I dont want to release them, when they are worth a bit of cash. Especially if I need to "repair the clubs finances".

Nobody in Belgium got money in tier 2 and below, where those players would be good. (not many clubs are pro)

Also the fact that I got no players from Luxembourg or France despite beein roughly 30km next to both is a let down.

Interest in players from above the league or the British Isle and players with cool nations and/or combinations.

I have the exact opposite at the moment were all the Pro League clubs want my youngsters!

In my setup, I only loaded Europe->Nations->Belgium and ticked all the boxes.  No extra leagues loaded.  I will see if I will have problems with that then.

4 hours ago, JLAB said:

How did you even see those hidden attributes?

In-game editor in a different save. I was looking at what triggers specific media handling personalities.

5 hours ago, Watson156 said:

How did you even see those hidden attributes?

No. The Model Citizen is the Outspoken, Unflappable.

Edited by hubwub

Safe to say, nobody wants my regens.

Myself included.

I've sold one player in my entire save, and that was on a free.

I've offered contracts to far too many, but you can't tell their potential from their initial predictions. I've had regens with letters around k turn out to be good in the past.

As per my Palermo save, I will look back 4 intakes and see how things have gone, so my first look back with be at next season's 5th intake. It will not be positive.

Edited by vikeologist

1 minute ago, vikeologist said:

Myself included.

I've offered contracts to far too many, but you can't tell their potential from their initial predictions. I've had regens with letters around k turn out to be good in the past.

In my game, people want my star regens, but I feel lowballed by the offers. I don't know how you all get the 50% of next sale onto your transfers because I can never add that.

My best player right now is 22G.

Till I get a 20 JPA / 20 JPP HOYD, I'm not going to believe the stars for what they are.

21 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Still holidaying inbetween games?

Tried both

Tried praising players after games, team meetings, warn players players etc etc

Also worth noting you can do all the above while still holidaying

Edited by Padders

1 hour ago, Cheez3y said:

There's financial sustainability if some degree of austerity in France with prize and tv money, and while I've had clubs show interest in players I havent moved many of them on.

52 minutes ago, hubwub said:

In my game, people want my star regens, but I feel lowballed by the offers. I don't know how you all get the 50% of next sale onto your transfers because I can never add that.

My best player right now is 22G.

Till I get a 20 JPA / 20 JPP HOYD, I'm not going to believe the stars for what they are.

to add the 50% of next sale, I give my players almost for free.  The biggest sale I had was 235K but no add on clauses.  The addons I had were on 30-35K players hoping they will eventually sell.  I already lost 2 sell on clauses on a free though

1 hour ago, hubwub said:

I'm also basing my opinions on their attributes, but I did have a player who had low CA/PA, but rated very highly on attributes for his position. Well, actually not his position. 2 completely different positions from his supposed best one, but not bad in his 'best' position.

So I gave him some games.

He was awful.

But I do take attributes into account still.

Also important to take other things into account.

The very good 'striker' with finishing of 1.

The central defender who is 167cm tall. I'll admit, I noticed that one from watching games. I instant result for the most part, but during one I watched as he flailed uselessly as yet another ball sailed over his head on to the foot of the opposition striker, I wondered to myself, how tall is this MF? and on discovering the answer he was no longer my starting central defender, and started down the path of wingbackness.

oh,and doesn't matter if jpa / jca is 20. they can still be badly wrong. or maybe correct, and players just defied the hidden stats. I haven't looked at the editor for a few years, so I donlt know what players' actual abilities and potential are .

Development can be strange sometimes. once gave a contract to a player just because of his personality. Maybe it was model citizen. He should have been the worst player in any level of Italian football ever, but he did massively better than some of his intake, and his potential shot up (from about 2 grey stars to 3 actual.) I mean he was never going to be a wonderkid, but personality in a club with great coaches and facilities can work wonders.

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

Myself included.

As per my Palermo save, I will look back 4 intakes and see how things have gone, so my first look back with be at next season's 5th intake. It will not be positive.

I've got a K who is pushing for a first-team place at left back.

South Shields November 1, 2026 Update

2138872004_November12026Table.png.5488ff361914ca8640546b64e2e09d65.png1472499164_September-October2026Fixtures.png.78a3d2c7a7c957499d0a52616597ddbc.png

Early September was a rough patch for our defense.  Goals were flying in from everywhere.  The biggest win of the session was the 1-0 stoppage time victory over 1st place Notts County.  We followed that up by crapping the bed against York City.  On November 1, I did not expect us to be in a playoff place.  Heck, I didn't expect us to have a positive goal difference.  Right now, I'm taking points and putting them in the bank in case things go pear-shaped over the winter.

1259137622_November12026GeneralPerformance.png.8b35d63b5f81dcc4b1b3cc78020d1b91.png

995678535_November12026AttackingEfficiency.png.c5059307f8fa5c997068e70e885dddf9.png

We don't get many shots per game but we take advantage of our chances.  Just under 50% of our shots are on frame and 18% of those shots are turning into goals.  We are overperforming our xG rate but are defense is leakier than our xG allowed so it's kind of balancing out.

1357985421_October12026Mentoring.png.74b00d86c4aadd81e2fa8563d49a7b86.png

Not a lot on the mentoring front during the last two months but the changes have been positive which is an improvement over the last two seasons.

1 hour ago, jmonfu said:

to add the 50% of next sale, I give my players almost for free.  The biggest sale I had was 235K but no add on clauses.  The addons I had were on 30-35K players hoping they will eventually sell.  I already lost 2 sell on clauses on a free though

I've been getting offers for my youth players and to make up for value that they won't use up front, they add a clause for international experience that is to the tune of €500,000. Yet, I'm thinking it's too early for my youth players to be making it on the international team when they haven't even been called up to U18s / U20s / U21s.

40 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I'm also basing my opinions on their attributes, but I did have a player who had low CA/PA, but rated very highly on attributes for his position. Well, actually not his position. 2 completely different positions from his supposed best one, but not bad in his 'best' position.

So I gave him some games.

He was awful.

But I do take attributes into account still.

Also important to take other things into account.

The very good 'striker' with finishing of 1.

The central defender who is 167cm tall. I'll admit, I noticed that one from watching games. I instant result for the most part, but during one I watched as he flailed uselessly as yet another ball sailed over his head on to the foot of the opposition striker, I wondered to myself, how tall is this MF? and on discovering the answer he was no longer my starting central defender, and started down the path of wingbackness.

If I find a player who has great attributes and for a different role, I would have to start training them in that position so I don't waste them. By start training them as soon as they enter the team after youth intake day.

17 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

I've got a K who is pushing for a first-team place at left back.

The one that pushed into my first team is G.

Edited by hubwub

Hmm... turns out I didn't follow my own advice. Seems like this database I found have some errors with promotion/relegation... I'm going to have to start over somewhere else.... 

42 minutes ago, XaW said:

Hmm... turns out I didn't follow my own advice. Seems like this database I found have some errors with promotion/relegation... I'm going to have to start over somewhere else.... 

I have just started the game in Iceland in tier 5...with Álafoss.  Is it Timo's file @XaW?

Edited by DazRTaylor

19 hours ago, officiallydeej said:

After battling through the first 37 league games in Serie C with only 8 players (I had to field 9 greyed out players in 1 starting 11!) our youth intake arrived before the last game.

2023703077_Screenshot2020-12-08at21_48_41.thumb.png.1a24d84c63c3f932a32082884c5b6300.png

This is probably the single best debut I've ever had. This lad is a centre forward and honestly not very good. The most amusing thing? He has 3 finishing..

I've got a ST who has scored 45 goals in 36 games despite only having 4 for finishing! :D 

Edit: In my normal save fwiw not this youth only save.

Edited by craigcwwe

29 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have just started the game in Iceland in tier 5...with Álafoss.  Is it Timo's file @XaW?

No, I found something else, but I used Timo's in FM20 without issue. I didn't know he had made one for FM21. Can you point me to it?

20 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Apologies @XaW, it isn't Timo's I am using.  It is Weiry and I found it on the Workshop on Steam.  Is this what you used?

Yeah, it seems a team in one of the other groups who won the playoffs didn't get promoted somehow. I didn't notice it on my test run, but I don't want to sink any more time into a save I'm not confident in.

Edit: I should add, I have quite a lot of leagues added, so it might be fine in isolation, but I'm not going to spend more time on it now. I'm going to start somewhere else and I'm trying to pinpoint where now.

Edited by XaW

5 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

It may sounds weird, but nobody wants my players.

I share your problems but i have those in England . Everything is 'ticked' for me

Big Country, fun league(s) , semi pro from the start, challenge in the first ten years, money because of many season tickets and fa cup fixtures and nice story.

But i'm missing one thing.. the league takes to long to progress so i have put everything (till we know more about the youth intake bug) on hold.. 

I did a new holiday run with FC Romania.. they only produces one Romanian regen in 7 years.. all the players were from England.

39 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Apologies @XaW, it isn't Timo's I am using.  It is Weiry and I found it on the Workshop on Steam.  Is this what you used?

Timo is going to make one for Iceland and top 5 countries. England and France are already available.

3 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I share your problems but i have those in England . Everything is 'ticked' for me

Big Country, fun league(s) , semi pro from the start, challenge in the first ten years, money because of many season tickets and fa cup fixtures and nice story.

But i'm missing one thing.. the league takes to long to progress so i have put everything (till we know more about the youth intake bug) on hold.. 

I did a new holiday run with FC Romania.. they only produces one Romanian regen in 7 years.. all the players were from England.

Yes sadly, I never really like managing in England.

I only did one long save and this was in FM 17, where I took Dulwich Hamlets.

I holiday for now almost 3 hours to get the Diamonds.

Its impossible....

3 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Its impossible....

I'd say getting Rushden & Diamonds in next to impossible. Foxo (in the dafuges challenge steam group) reloaded over 1000 times (I think he made a script to do it) and never got them once... I've asked him to keep a save for me if he should get them...

6 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Its impossible....

In my holiday save from 7 seasons.. they are available haha :)  Jimbokav got them promoted but with reputation boost / editor.

Edited by OlivierL

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'd say getting Rushden & Diamonds in next to impossible. Foxo (in the dafuges challenge steam group) reloaded over 1000 times (I think he made a script to do it) and never got them once... I've asked him to keep a save for me if he should get them...

I will try it a couple times more.

If not, I got a 2nd place in 5100053.png.f5be03f46295751f345c13c8f42fb2a6.png

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

Does nobody read anything I post?  I got Rushden and saved the file as I recognised how rare it was.  Anyone want it?  It has only England loaded but all UK & Irish players.

Really? In the vanilla game without edits? Then I'd like it, please!

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

Yes, vanilla without edits.  Editor is turned off as per rules for this and the dafuge challenge.

Thanks, downloading now!

1200px-Alemannia_Aachen_logo_svg.thumb.png.c4673911a92ec33b7f1fa4dfc61c25dd.png

Alemannia Aachen
2023-2024 Review

Previous post

Previous Regens in the First Team Squad:

Jan HartmannGiulio GiustiniMichael HoffmannChristopher WenzelCüneyt Menteşe, Leon Burger, Abdou Banna

Transfers

Media Prediction

Fixtures1, 2

More of the same in my third season. A lot of losses or boring draws but more wins this season! I'm hoping that integrating our youth in pretty quickly is allowing them to gain experience and develop quickly. Giulio Giustini, one of our striker regens, is drawing interest from some Bundesliga clubs and I'm a bit worried he won't sign a new contract.

I was also able to study for our National B License

I'm very happy with a mid-table finish with this squad. Our best players are still the two CB's who started with us and I'm worried for when they leave.

Table

Squad

Best XI - played this formation for less than half the season, not sure why it's my one used here

2024 Regens

Another mediocre youth intake. We also had this guy poached but when I go to look for him he doesn't show up. I'm not sure if that's a bug or what

1.thumb.png.d6c2b4eaea1a9916e680991ea3788058.png

2.thumb.png.ca30e0dfd793d270571c7a98fec5cc69.png

3.thumb.png.0483c71da2b910e30cd276063a3eca5e.png

Finances - still going down and will continue to do so until I sell a player or get promoted

league.png.0ceff3ad9911b37b827d8a36d5f37507.png

facilities.png.160407449348b0b88e0d61f4eddb107b.png

coach.png.1b965ec596f523bdecf18ea4f7fd2a84.png

players.png.349b5eb57fa36da738d5be80c0be3c25.png

Edited by MoonMonster

@MoonMonster The guy who's pinched won't necessarily turn up in the next intake. If you want to look him up you'll need to keep a note of his name and who pinched him until the intake after.

He should turn up eventually in your transfers - clauses (if you're eligible for a sell on fee for him) but from my experience it's a good news / bad news situation.

The good news is that the players that were poached from me weren't actually that great.

The bad news. It's unlikely you'll be able to build a new stadium from sell on fees, or even buy a chocolate bar. 

===============

Also, was about to post my season report, with all the records for the season. It turns out I have one more match left.:seagull:

I could have sworn I played that last match. I even 'remember' the result; 1-1.

But I've checked the screenshot I took of the player stats. That match never happened.

I'm about to instant result it now. If it finishes 1-1 it will be spooky.

Nope, we lost 7-2.

Edited by vikeologist

17 minutes ago, ravenation said:

My chosen club have 4 players on loan when i take over. Are you allowed to keep them or schould loans be terminated?

Terminate them.

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

AFC Rushden & Diamonds file link:  https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/908261/AFC Rushden (1 Nation, 6 Leagues).fm

if the link is not working, then message me privately with your email address and I will email the file over to you tomorrow. I can’t tonight.

thanks for this, gonna play this until cyberpunk unlocks \o

Vikeologist's 2024/25 Folkestone Season Report

See the source image

20201209200404_1.thumb.jpg.bee97d4871add54886f896e7bba1fb5f.jpg

We were more consistent this season. Consistently mediocre. Taking a more conservative approach, we turned our 104/131 for / against goals into 80/104. Still a bit gung ho, but maybe that’s because our strikers are good and our defence is riddled with holes.

We did well in the FA Cup. We reached the first round, and earned lots of replays along the way, including that first round. The only financial result is that we’ll probably break even on the year, and have just delayed the game rescuing us from financial doom if people are correct that will eventually happen.

No coaching courses. No improvements in facilities. Next to no player progression. Just stuck in a deep financial mire.

This is what I signed up for. After a comparatively easy situation with Palermo, I wanted to try the exercise in futility that this challenge is for so many of us.

It’s losing its lustre.

20201209195914_1.thumb.jpg.330d17e78f98ca360d45c1b3151ebc09.jpg

Top Goalscorer - David Smith – 44

Like every year, the top scorer. 165 goals in 4 years for me in total. He may well end up being having a record total for me in all FMs, as he should be in the team for quite a few years to come. The record in my Palermo save was only 222.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – David Smith – 7.11

Man of The Match – David Smith – 10

Most Valuable Player– David Smith

Most Appearances (Regens) – Lachlan Cook 1b / Jason Ramsay 1a– 147

My top 2 regens from the first intake who both went straight into being my central midfield are now tied. They rotate a bit with my 3a who is also a central midfielder, but still have a slight edge.

Most Goals (Regens) - Lachlan Cook 1b - 12

Cook, and Ramsay with 11, are comfortably on top in this category, even though they occupy central midfield. We haven’t had any good regen strikers come through until this year. A few had potential. One had lots of supposed current ability but a finishing of 1, and absolutely no technical ability, which was reflected in his stunning lack of goals.

That's in more than 3 whole seasons, so I just need Lachlan or my nephew to play until the year 2356 and I might have a 1,000 goal regen on my hands.

I do need a new striker as one of my mainstays, Scott Heard is 31 and declining fast. However, I’m going to have to replace him with the player who was my starting left back for the first three and a half years.

Hopefully, Scott Harris 4d will come good, but Heard might still start next season as the veteran sub striker until Harris improves, (if he ever does), and until I know there’s no promotion or relegation at stake.

20201209200414_1.thumb.jpg.b207c5b464b1802219e12618bd641beb.jpg

Season	Division		Position	Notes							MVP										
21/22	VNL South		18th		Steered clear of relegaton thanks to good start.	Callum Davies
22/23	VNL South		16th		Only 2 places better, but a lot more points.		Henry Newcombe
23/24	VNL South		18th		Big step backwards in points.				David Smith
24/25	VNL South		15th		Consistently mediocre.					David Smith

4 minutes ago, hubwub said:

How many saves do you have running now?

Just this and the Wales one on the backburner. Cancelled the Iceland due to errors.

I have never played as Rushden & Diamonds and never will.  They were rivals to my club (Yeovil) in real life when we both fought for promotion to the Football League.  Same as Weymouth, Bristol Rovers, MK Dons etc.  I just cannot play as them.

I have been to Rushden’s former home (Irthlingborough?) before they went bankrupt and saw Yeovil lose.  On a positive, the food was amazing.  Diamond Burger ftw!

Edited by DazRTaylor