The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Manager Update 2026

20211129203003_1.thumb.jpg.87146ba1ad8652e80dc9044e0b7e1ef4.jpg20211130102512_1.thumb.jpg.fbb7bcae69c02fa78e5683faa1659482.jpg

After a very good run in Oldham and QPR I got my first big job.

A bit sad to leave QPR since I feel I have build a very exciting team there.

But looking forward to start fighting for some titles.

GL ALL !! :) 

2011428_125619.jpg.41b544903457ffec3cb45b2cfc0669bb.jpgqueens-park-rangers-fc-logo-183AB2341D-seeklogo_com.png.ebdde5ad30490887e6def1ea7bb25a96.pngimage-260nw-323327240.jpg.7cdd7e609eaa7cae3a49d6a9bc0c8c0e.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crest.png.0863817c82b5ae8c677a180a3cbb60d4.png

Guanghzou Evergrande: 2032 Review

Another season in my career ends and this one was all about trying to lift the Champions League trophy and end my Chinese adventure with a clean sweep. I’d already decided this would be my last season with the club and I was really confident that we had enough to go on and do it. That confidence shown in the fact I chose to bring in just two new faces as a young Venezuelan central midfielder was grabbed on a free transfer and we parted with £17,000,000 to sign Chin Ben a young centre back from DL Pro.

2007272522_FinalLeague.png.c0336d11179bec85e90e1f8ee2a400e9.png

We were absolutely dominant as we grabbed a third consecutive league title and managed to do so whilst going the entire campaign without defeat. We actually drew our opening game before going on a remarkable 26 game winning streak to win the title with a host of games still remaining. We would drop points in just one other game as we cantered to the title with absolute ease. Conceding just 9 goals all season is one hell of an achievement, as is the 36 league goals scored by striker Edson Jose. 

Outside of the league we continued our dominance domestically as well. We kicked off our campaign by winning the Chinese Super Cup and also cruised through to a third consecutive final in the Chinese Cup.

764641211_ChinaCupFinal.png.8449281c61fbfe900276f3405e48956d.png

A four goal haul from Edson Jose gave us a 5-0 first leg lead and a much changed side still managed to complete a turnaround victory to win the second leg for good measure. Winning that game ensured we ended the domestic side of the season without defeat which really does prove the dominance we had in the season.

The one we wanted was the Champions League though, especially having made it all the way to the final last season. We entered the season full of confidence and it showed as we breezed through the group stage. Six wins with 35 goals and 0 conceded showing our dominance. Our run included a 9-0, 8-0 and two 5-0 victories as we cruised into the knockout stages.

1228040803_CLKnockouts.png.e5595695d5f86480558eff3809a1208d.png

We managed to get through to the final but we did make extremely hard work of it. Twice we needed penalties and in our Quarter Final we had to take extra time to see off Suwon. The semi final was probably my greatest match as a manager as we overcame all the odds to beat Jeonbuk Motors on penalties. We were reduced to ten men a minute into the second half before conceding to fall 1-2 behind. We clung on and nicked a stoppage time equaliser from the spot to take the game into extra time. Again we clung on for dear life through the extra half hour but did so to take the time to a penalty shootout. In fact we should've stolen the game with virtually the last kick as a delicate chip from Edson Jose beat the keeper but cracked into the upright to bounce away. Against all odds we won the shoot out though to book our spot in a second consecutive final of this competition.

123189732_CLWin.png.aeefb6d92f9b69191b4e00b4916507e9.png

The final actually proved the easiest game we faced as we comfortably saw off our opponents to lift my first Asian Champions League and the clubs third. After scoring early the game was never in doubt and we breezed through to lift that one trophy we were chasing to complete China. Especially pleasing having come so close to winning it last season by being beaten in the final.

1246553082_CLCelebrations.png.d5e249623a216ba5afc1dfd24fa47980.png

I finish my time in china with a sensational campaign in which we won all four available trophies and completed an entire season undefeated across all competitions. We were ruthless and dominant and I have never in all my years of FM ( around fifteen now) had such an impressive campaign. After three league titles, three Chinese Cups, two Chinese Super Cups and a sold Champions League crown my time in china comes to an end though and I have handed in my resignation and left the football club. It was a tough choice as I absolutely loved the campaign and thoroughly enjoyed watching my side play. I have an idea of where I want to go next and now it’s a waiting game for the right position to become available. For now I’ll enjoy some time off though and I’ll update when I find myself the next leg of my managerial adventure.

Season	Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	Black Leopards		SA First Division	4th
2022/23	Black Leopards		SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2023/24	Cape Town City		SA Premier Division	1st (C)		South African Premier League Winners, African Champions League Winners
2024/25	Cape Town City		SA Premier Division	1st (C)		South African Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners
2025	Toronto FC		MLS Eastern Conference	2nd
2026	Toronto FC		MLS Eastern Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Canadian Championship Winners, Eastern Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners		
2027	Los Angeles FC		MLS Western Conference	1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, West Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2028	Los Angeles FC		MLS Western Conference	1st		US Cup Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2029	Los Angeles FC		MLS Western Conference	7th (sacked)
2029	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League	3rd
2030	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners
2031	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2032	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League	1st (C)		Super League Winners, Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners

2025-2027	Nigeria
2027-2031	USA		NA Nations League Winners, Gold Cup Winners

3/10 Top Domestic Leagues (2023/24 SA Premier League, 2026 MLS Winners, 2030 Super League)
3/10 Domestic Cups (2024/25 SA Cup, 2028 US Cup, 2030 Chinese Cup)
2/5 Continental Championships (2023/24 African Champions League, 2033 Asian Champions League)
0/1 Club World Championship

1/5 Continental Tournaments (USA-Gold Cup 2031)         
0/1 World Tournament

TigresUANL.png.61d7ce8adbdbbd355c9ca25cd092fdfd.png

Tigres Uanl 2026/27

Competitions

Overview

Liga MX Apertura - Results 1    Results 2    League Table

Predicted to finish 2nd, we managed to top the league stage before going on to lift the title.

Liga Mx Clausara - Results 1    Results 2    League Table

We made major moves in the market in January, bringing in Mexican talents like ZapataBenitez and Rodriguez amongst 10 signings in total and this really pushed us up a level as we dropped just 5 points on our way to topping the league stage. We then continued our fine form to win back to back stages.

Copa MX - Results 

Another fine showing as we bagged a double.

Champions League - Results

This was a big surprise for me, as we were lucky to even be in this after what can only be described as an embarrassing Group stages. This prompted our January signing spree as we was gifted a play off place, only to learn signings in January cant be registered for this seasons competition. 1 plus was I could use almost 2 teams one in the league and one in this comp and this helped us seal an un expected treble. 

Leagues Cup - Results

Lost in the first round.

Playing Squad

Transfers    Squad

In just 2 transfer windows we have managed to build a really talented team. We took over an already talented side and with some adjustments have built a side capable of dominating North American football for the foreseeable future. 

Next Season

I'm thinking of resigning and looking to head over to Asia or South America. Having won everything needed at club level in North America I dont see the point in hanging around. I applied for the Japan and Australia jobs but was turned away so I am also still on the lookout for a decent international role.

Hall of Fame

Upon leaving each club I manage I will select the players I think had the most influence on my success for a hall of fame. 

Cape Town

Ibrahim N'Goran (AML) - was only with us for one season before moving on, but what a season it was. He was the main man as we managed to win a first DSTV Prem title.

Romuald Traore (AMR) - Another player who I managed for just the one season. But with N'Goran moving on, he made up for the goals and assists loss to lead us to a league and Champions League double.

Brandon Peterson (GK) - Signed on a free at the start of our first season in the Prem, he went on to make 144 appearances in total and was a mainstay as we conquered Africa.

Neil Zondi 22a (ST) -  Part of first youth intake, he went on to become our main goal threat. He scored 63 goals in 93 games in all competitions.

Tigres UANL

Aldair Benitez (CM) - Only been in charge of him 6 months but this kid can go on to be something very special. Will look to resign him at some point in the future.

Dejan Joveljic (ST) - Was here when I arrived and has been sensational up top. 37 goals in 36 games meant he was a key part of our treble winning team.

William Ramos  (AMC) - The American was one of our first signings at the club. 9 goals and 20 assists in 52 games doesnt justify just how important he was to us.

Miguel Rodriguez (CB) - Another player who was only with us 6 months. But the big centre back deserves his place, an average rating of 8.09 and 10 goals from 21 games is superb returns.

Club Career
							Leagues			Cups
Season	Nation		Division	Club		1st	2nd		1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	S.Africa	Gladbank Champ	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	Promoted to DSTV Premiership
2022/23	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		SF	QF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National C coaching badge
2023/24	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		RU	SF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National B and A coaching badges.
2024/25	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	WIN	n/a	n/a	Achieved Cont. C License and started B license.
2025/26	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	QF	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. B License and started A. Resigned on 6/6/26
2026/27	Mexico		Liga MX		Tigres UANL	1st	1st		WIN	R1	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. A License and started Pro License.

International Career

Year	Nation		F.Rank	NL	Cont.	WC	Other Achievmennts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023	Ivory Coast	56th	n/a	n/a	n/a	Took over on 10/09/2023
2024	Ivory Coast	41st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Qualified for 2025 AFCON
2025	Ivory Coast	25th	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won 2025 AFCON. Resigned on 2/10/25.

Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 Top Domestic Leagues
---------------------------
DSTV Prem 24/25 - Cape Town Spurs.
Liga MX 26/27 - Tigres UANL.

2/10 Domestic Cups
Telekom Cup 24/25 - Cape Town Spurs.
Copa MX 26/27 - Tigres UANL.

2/5 Continental Championships 
CAF Champions League 25/26 - Cape Town Spurs.
CONCACAF Champions League 26/27 - Tigres UANL.

-----------------------------

International
1/5 Continental Tournaments
Ivory Coast 2025 AFCON.

0/1 World Tournament

7/32

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2671011112

Guizhou_Hengfeng_Zhicheng.png.f358af14e43673d154ce0d6c03297163.png

Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng - Season 1 (2021) - Season Review

After taking over the club in 11th position with 15 games left to play, we narrowly missed out on the 4th place play off spot. With 3 games to go we were sat nicely in 4th position, a couple of points in front of 5th. However due injuries, suspensions and a lack of squad depth, we picked up 1 point from our last 3 games, which saw us over taken by Shaanxi Chang'an Athletic. 

20211202232533_1.thumb.jpg.868e8a130947c40c56339824fdf343c6.jpg

The clubs transfer embargo ends on the 31st of December 2021, so we can start bringing new players in as soon as the window opens. Which is 100% needed, as we lack any real quality or squad depth apart from Stefan Mihajlović. Without his goals we would have been no where near the play offs and I probably would have been looking for a new job!

20211202232753_1.thumb.jpg.87f622f6007d160204514d57cb183eec.jpg

I did briefly look for another job, but decided to stick with Hengfeng for another season to see if we can get promotion to the Super League. It looks like we will have a healthy transfer and wage budget for next season, so that will help.

Season   	Team    			Competition 		Position  	Notes and Achievements
1 (2021)	Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng	China League 1		5th	

guangzhou.jpg.059708d50d929381f96790f2dc37630f.jpg

New Job

Appointment

The third club job of the save has seen me given the reigns at Chinese Super League club Guangzhou FC. Once the dominant force in China. The club have not won a league title in 5 years and finished 9th last season. I took over with the club sitting 6th (forgot to take a screenshot) but having picked up 2 wins after being given a generous start with home games against the sides sat 14th and 18th, we sit 3rd in the table. The board have given me the aim of qualifying for the AFC Champions League which requires a third place finish.

I inherited a pretty awful squad. But with a £90m transfer budget and £1m a week in wages spare got to work instantly and Signed  everyone from Choudhury down. N'goran signing for me for the 2nd time after his spell at Cape Town Spurs. Defensively we are still very poor but the Squad is now looking a lot stronger and I will spend the rest of the season with the aim of getting 3rd place and scouting China for the best options I can find in defence. I have also just finished the Continental Pro License so have completed all badges available. 

I am still struggling to find a job on the international scene. I applied for the Mexico job after this summers Gold Cup but was turned down. This means Australia, Japan and Mexico have all turned me down since winning the AFCON with Ivory Coast. 

Career Update: November 2033

Having dominated Chinese football during my three and a bit year spell with Guanghzou I handed my resignation in shortly before the turn of the year at the end of 2022. I had already decided that my next destination would be South America and decided that Argentina would be my likely target. For me it was a case of trying to chalk off the necessary trophies in South America before heading for Europe and a much longer stint. The quicker I can get myself to Europe then that’s the better for me. I had to be patient to find a new role though and it took just under a year for me to find myself my next managerial position.

1756759529_TakeoverAppointment.png.0f5eb281047633af7181a2661ab29cd2.png

I ended up getting a job with Boca Juniors who finished last season in 2nd place in the Argentine Premier Division, only behind River Plate. Previous manager Sebastian Battaglia leaving to take charge of Brazilian champions Flamengo.

I inherit a team built for success having finished as the closest challengers last time around. The club haven’t won the league since 2030 but is still well placed to challenge this time around.

971838374_TakeoverTable.png.9357b3deb0ac7308ce17d3a19e5c6a62.png

It’s still fairly tight at the top and we can definitely make a push towards a good season. I am not expecting to win this league this season but I’ll definitely be making efforts to put a good showing in between now and the end of the season. Joining this club was an easy choice and I’m confident I can achieve success here. The opportunity to compete in the Copa Libertadores was massive for me too, although that’ll be next season as they’ve already crashed out at the Quarter Final stage. 

Season	Club				Competition			Position	Notes & Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	Black Leopards		SA First Division			4th
2022/23	Black Leopards		SA First Division			1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2023/24	Cape Town City		SA Premier Division			1st (C)		South African Premier League Winners, African Champions League Winners
2024/25	Cape Town City		SA Premier Division			1st (C)		South African Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners
2025	Toronto FC		MLS Eastern Conference			2nd
2026	Toronto FC		MLS Eastern Conference			1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Canadian Championship Winners, Eastern Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners		
2027	Los Angeles FC		MLS Western Conference			1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, West Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2028	Los Angeles FC		MLS Western Conference			1st		US Cup Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2029	Los Angeles FC		MLS Western Conference			7th (sacked)
2029	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League			3rd
2030	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League			1st (C)		Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners
2031	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League			1st (C)		Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2032	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League			1st (C)		Super League Winners, Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2032/33	Boca Juniors		Argentine Premier League		ongoing

2025-2027	Nigeria

3/10 Top Domestic Leagues (2023/24 SA Premier League, 2026 MLS Winners, 2030 Super League)
2/5 Continental Championships (2023/24 African Champions League, 2033 Asian Champions League)

0/1 World Tournament

82.png.ee4b908f023949dec3e073ddb2d5677c.png

Boca Juniors: 2033/34 Review

It took me just shy of a year to find my next managerial position after china but having come to Argentina and Boca Juniors it’s fair to say I had very much landed on my feet. Competing with River Plate as one of the two biggest sides in the country it seemed an ideal position in which to win honours and to try and chalk off the South American leg of my managerial journey.

1047595864_ArgentinePremierDivision_Stages-2.png.f00dc14ccbace1de69390854a7d5d01c.png

I arrived with the club sitting firmly in a title battle and with an opportunity to very quickly win the Argentinian Premier Division. Despite starting my reign with a run of seven straight peague wins we eventually had to settle for second after a poor week in which we drew a game before losing 0-2 to champions River Plate. We fell four points off and despite winning our remaining fixtures we had to settle for second spot.

I can’t be too unhappy as winning the league would’ve been a dream start. This little period was more about figuring out my best eleven and trying to pinpoint where on the pitch we needed reinforcements. My arrival has seen just one arrival so far, 19-year old Colombian winger Jose Esteban Cardona signing on a free transfer from his homeland. We fought off competition from all over the world for his signature and he really did hit the ground running. He started his time here with an impressive tally of 9 league goals in just 17 appearances.

Outside of the league we’ve done just as well so far too. We’ve progressed through a couple of round in the Copa Argentina and also managed to get through to the knockout stages of the Copa Libertadores. We won all six of our group matches and will meet Santos of Brazil in the first knockout round of the competition.

It’s been a really positive start for me here in Argentina as we’ve lost just the once so far since I took charge. The squad looks very strong and I’m confident that we can go on and compete for the league title next season. I’ve got my eyes on a few players to bring in when the transfer window opens though, as the squad here is a little on the small side. For some reason one of the boards expectations is to bring in Colombian players and so one or two of them will probably be coming in. The close season will be all about trying to strengthen the depth of this squad to have a real go at pushing for honours next season.

2023/24	Cape Town City		SA Premier Division			1st (C)		South African Premier League Winners, African Champions League Winners
2024/25	Cape Town City		SA Premier Division			1st (C)		South African Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, SA Knockout Cup Winners
2026	Toronto FC		MLS Eastern Conference			1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, Canadian Championship Winners, Eastern Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners		
2027	Los Angeles FC		MLS Western Conference			1st (C)		MLS Cup Winners, West Conference Winners, Supporters Shield Winners, Leagues Cup Winners
2028	Los Angeles FC		MLS Western Conference			1st		US Cup Winners, Campeones Cup Winners
2030	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League			1st (C)		Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners
2031	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League			1st (C)		Super League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2032	Guanghzou Evergrande	Chinese Super League			1st (C)		Super League Winners, Asian Champions League Winners, Chinese Cup Winners, Chinese Super Cup Winners
2032/33	Boca Juniors		Argentine Premier League		2nd

2025-2027	Nigeria

0/1 World Tournament

2022 - University College Dublin

spacer.png

So I went into my first full season in charge a UCD with the board hoping for a mid-table finish, me hoping we might be able to sneak our way up to the top flight of Irish football through the play-offs and most of the players very doubtful about my managerial abilities. As ever with a part-time club whose squad is pretty much entirely on one-year deals, there was a lot of turnover in the summer but we started out in stunning fashion, winning seven and drawing one of our opening eight games. The next eight didn't go quite as well, with four wins, a draw and three defeats, but a win over Cork City - who were clearly going to be our title rivals - was a nice boost. Then the fall started. Four consecutive 1-1 draws were followed by two defeats (including one against Cork) and another 0-0 draw. Seven without a win and we'd dropped to third, but we managed to get back on the right foot with wins in the first and second round of the FAI Cup. That upped the players' morale a bit for the run in, and we took hard-fought victories in each of our last four games of the season. Coupled with a defeat for Cork in their penultimate game, it was enough to give us the title on goal difference (Cork would eventually join us in promotion as they won through the play-offs).

spacer.png

We had a few stand out players across the course of the season. Gareth Harkin was probably my best signing, he came in and offered plenty of experience in the middle of the park (although one of his two red cards cost us three points as the team collapsed in the last ten minutes after he was gone). The goals came courtesy of Colm Whelan, who ended up as the league's top scorer on 14 and with 17 in all competitions. It was no surprise that our dreadful spell in the second half of the season coincided with Whelan having a very dry spell in front of goal, but he kicked back into gear for the final few games and got us promoted. Hopefully he can continue scoring at the higher level. Most of our threat in the build up play came down the left, where full back Evan Osam and winger Liam Kerrigan formed a really nice duo, creating plenty of chances for Whelan. Both have signed new deals to stay with us in the top flight, so I'm hopeful they can continue their fruitful partnership and help us stay up.

In the FAI Cup, we reached the quarter final but were knocked out by top-flight side Waterford. The board has decided to turn fully professional for our return to the top division in Ireland but they were still extremely reluctant to allow me to start my first coaching course. This was something I'd already requested on a number of occasions and been rejected, so when they turned me down I threatened to quit and they quickly agreed to fund it. So in four months' time I will have my National C badge, and I agreed to a new two-year deal to stay on in Dublin. 

Our target for next season is purely to stay up. However, I will be keeping my eye out for any other potential positions which might let me start ticking a piece of silverware or two off the list. Outside of an unexpected cup run, I'm not sure I see trophies coming my way while I'm at UCD. Anyway, a strong second season and starting to lay some foundations for the challenge.

Season   Team	Nation	 Tier    Position   Notes and Achievements
2021     UCD    Ireland  2nd       8th      Took over with six games left, won 4
2022     UCD    Ireland  2nd       1st      Promoted, turned professional, started my National C coaching badge

Challenge Progress
Club
0/10 top domestic leagues ()

0/10 domestic cups ()

0/5 club continental championships ()

0/1 club world championship

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/1 world tournaments ()

Edited by Terk

Season Four - 2024/25

Logo of RTS Widzew LodzSwansea-City-Badge.png

First year in the Polish top division and we flew out the traps in the league, putting together a good run which put us 5th by the midpoint of the season. The biggest frustration though was the cup, as the top five teams in the league (Legia Warsaw, Lech Poznan, Wisla Krakow, Piast Gliwice and Lech Gdansk) all went out in the first two rounds. We had a real chance to get our first meaningful silverware on the board but crashed out in the third round to Radomiak Radom. It was around this time I had two interviews offered to me at Peterborough and Swansea, and were offered both jobs. Whilst Peterborough offered a £6m transfer kitty to get them out of League One, I instead went to Swansea who after 23 games sat in 20th position, 16 points off the playoffs. What followed in the last 23 games of the season was a ridiculous run of form where we only lost one league game, winning 14 and from nowhere we had a chance of the Playoffs going into the last game, however ultimately fell just short and finished the season in 7th. My concern for the upcoming season is that our budget will not allow us to compete, but will see when this is confirmed

Shirt badge/Association crest

Following the African Cup of Nations I landed the Ivory Coast job. They're currently second in their group behind Nigeria for World Cup qualifiers, and will mean I will need to win all four remaining games including away to Nigeria to have a chance of qualifying

image.thumb.png.a882be269f9957105bed23220e1e104b.png

guangzhou.jpg.9dbb98703cc802c2a8e27cca32c5dbf1.jpg

Guangzhou FC 2027

Competitions

Overview

CSL - League Table    Results 1    Results 2

Took over on 12/7/27 with the team sat in 6th, and after some major work in the transfer market started to get a decent tune out of the players. When taking over, I was given the aim of finishing 3rd which we managed pretty comfortably. Beijing Guoan won a domestic double and were relentless towards the end of the season. Managed by Slaven Bilic they have a good side and I can see next season being a real battle. 

CFA Cup - Result

This was before I took over.

Playing Squad

Squad   Transfers 

The new signings have made a massive difference, I took over an awful squad and the team still needs some work. The defence is nowhere near good enough and with 5 new signings confirmed including 4 defenders, I am hoping we can mount a challenge for honours next season. 7 of the starting 11 you see above were signed by me in July and have done pretty well. The 3 stand outs were 

Zhan Zhiqiang - 19 goals in 15 league games. If he can carry that form into next season we will do very well.

Ibrahim N'goran - 6 goals and 10 assists in 14 league games. He is a little baller and only going to improve.

Neil Vargas - Not the most aggressive of centre backs but he has been class. An average rating of 8.26 over 15 league games says it all.

Next Season

Obviously leaving here is not on the agenda for now. I have a year left on my contract, and have high hopes for next season. Still no luck on the international front job wise though. 

Club Career
							Leagues			Cups
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22	S.Africa	Gladbank Champ	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	Promoted to DSTV Premiership
2022/23	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		SF	QF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National C coaching badge
2023/24	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	5th	n/a		RU	SF	n/a	n/a	Achieved National B and A coaching badges.
2024/25	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	WIN	n/a	n/a	Achieved Cont. C License and started B license.
2025/26	S.Africa	DSTV Prem	Cape Town Spurs	1st	n/a		SF	QF	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. B License and started A. Resigned on 6/6/26
2026/27	Mexico		Liga MX		Tigres UANL	1st	1st		WIN	R1	WIN	n/a	Achieved Cont. A License and started Pro License.
2027	China		CSL		Guanzhou FC	3rd	n/a		R1	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 12/7/27. Finished Pro License.

International Career

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 Top Domestic Leagues

2/10 Domestic Cups

2/5 Continental Championships 

International
Ivory Coast 2025 AFCON.

0/1 World Tournament

7/32

Edited by BigJack

image.jpeg.a9413adfa290412fda569e9502e44a8e.jpeg image.png.f65c6580bcf4966908c064d8c6e004fe.png

End of Season Update | June 2025 | Chippa Utd F.C. | Ivory Coast

Outstanding season for the club winning 4 out of 5 tournaments 5 entered, and for the challenge to get rid off the SA Premier League out of the way. 

SA Premier Soccer League: Lost only 3 games the whole season, especially with a great second half having a 16 game unbeaten record. It came down to the last couple of games to realize the opportunity of winning the league as Sundowns and Orlando Pirates both also in contention only for them to lose a game each more than us. 

13c28a98cbe4ec9c1c0d6e956ac361c7.png

SA S8 Cup: Was able to stream roll to final without much problem. And against Sundowns in the final, was an insane comeback. They went up 2-0 in 10 minutes. We stuck hard and made 2-2 by 70th minute. And then took it to the penalties. They missed one and we won our first tournament of the season early. 

32ba8e056810909028ce4f6735346e7a.png

SA KO Cup: Had an easy win in first round only to lose 3-4 to the eventual winners. 

e930cac346fe9ed6ffc8ff0f9c40a159.png

SA FA Cup: Coming in as the defending champions, Stream rolled all the rounds including the final against Sundowns who were in a poor run of form during the late season with fixture congestion. 

7749d9ec4152c5c66e447e982b868f8a.png

African Confederation Cup: Even though this doesn't count for our challenge perspective, we made sure to win this as well to give the club much needed boost in the finances and reputation to help compete well in the Champions League next season. I also made sure, we rotate the players wherever needed to prioritize the SA premier soccer league. Still we almost steam rolled opponents until the knockouts which have been hard but not hard enough to knock us out. Final was an all SA affair, with Kaizer Chiefs getting destroyed 3-0. 

e83cf24640ed3efd7e3f0eae915602bf.png

International Management: Being manager of Mali previously, took them to the AFCON 2025. We scraped through to knockouts being finished 3rd in the group but still making it as the best of the rest 3rd place finishers. However, the second round knockout game was against Morocco who destroyed us 4-1 and ended our campaign. 

Post AFCON, few jobs came up and I took over the Ivory Coast who have a very good chance to win the AFCON next time (hopefully). Meanwhile they also are trying to qualify to the World Cup 2026. 

Challenge Progress: Glad to strike off my 1st domestic league in the challenge. This Chippa Utd team is now ready to compete in the African Champions League next season. So not planning to leave this team for next season at least. However, if Sundowns job comes up, I will gladly take it as they have been too strong winning the SA Premier League 7 times in a row before us. Also they have won African Champions League 4 times in a row too including current season. Not sure if they still qualify to the Champions league being the defending champs. If they do and if their job comes up to me (highly unlikely). If not, hope Chippa can compete in the champions league ourselves. 

Goal for Ivory Coast is to have a good World cup and try to win the AFCON 2027 in two years time.

Btw, I have continental B license now and studying for continental C license. 

05f78cc76b1841a335a718755c2938eb.png

bf5265fcadaed9af27b226152e10b474.png

c75c233b8e00a44f67b3fd35129a2e08.png

82.png.b88eb8fcf11fcd8f464fee3701a440b6.png

Boca Juniors: 2034/35 Review

Having taken charge midway through last season my team did well to form a title challenge before a defeat to River Plate saw us slip off the pace and eventually have to settle for second place. It wasn’t a bad start though with that defeat being the only one suffered during my opening period at the helm. I focused on adding a few young foreign players to our ranks and we did a pretty good job of strengthening the depth of an already pretty impressive squad of players. Our biggest fee went on a promising young Argentine centre back but we strengthened across the areas that needed it and I was confident we could enjoy a successful campaign.

1792093468_FinalTable.png.bc92b7d52f72f8011c6eef5e97b3c5d3.png

The league title ended up being a formality as we breezed our way to the trophy whilst rarely being troubled. A long unbeaten run began our season and that couple with a poor start from rivals and holders River Plate meant we cruised to a comfortable lead at the top. Despite being beaten by them in the second fixture we rarely looked threatened and cruised to the league title with games to spare. Defensively we were brilliant all season and at the other end we shared goals around as we brushed away opposition with minimal fuss. Striker Emilio Ayala (formerly of River Plate) hit a truly ridiculous 41 league goals in a truly prolific campaign.

538152138_ArgentineCupWin.png.a413672a5da007083bf37a4cda3d31cb.png

We had already lifted the Copa Argentina before winning the league title having produced a very good display to beat River Plate in the final. We cruised through the competition with ease before producing one of the best displays of my reign to win the final and lift my first silverware in charge of this club. With the cup running from mid season to mid season we’ve already got through a couple of rounds of the next edition as we look to go on and defend our trophy once more.

Another trophy running from mid season to mid season is the Copa Libertadores, the Champions League of South America. I joined midway through a campaign and my team did well to reach the semi final stage before suffering elimination. We met holders Flamengo and despite a narrow 1-2 defeat away in the first leg we couldn’t find a goal at home and drew 0-0. We’ve since started the new campaign and things have gone really well. We’ve blitzed through our group to qualify for the knockout stage and have defeated Flamengo both home and away en route to winning our group.

We’ve had a very good season, losing just once all campaign across all competitions. We’ve picked up three trophies during the campaign and leave ourselves sat in a very good position to compete in the Copa Libertadores next time around. Having reached the semi finals last season I’m keen for us to push on this time and try to win it. If I can pick up a winners medal in that then I can depart Argentina and chalk it off as complete. I didn't put in the main core of this update, but we did beat River Plate 3-0 to lift the Argentinian Super Cup midway through the season as well. It's not important to the challenge but I love winning trophies so from that sense it was very pleasing.

1082633384_BrazilAppointment.png.8aefc90cd1db5c917b2dbacb13fad592.png

In other news I’ve also managed to get employed at international level by taking over Brazil. I’m hoping it’s a good opportunity to compete for both the Copa America and the World Cup in the coming few years. So far I’ve only led them in two friendly matches although we did manage to win both of them. Hopefully very much a sign of things to come. My career is definitely starting to take shape now and the next few years could prove absolutely pivotal for me.

2033/34	Boca Juniors		Argentine Premier League		2nd
2034/35	Boca Juniors		Argentine Premier League		1st (C)		Premier League Winners, Argentine Cup Winners, Argentine Super Cup Winners
2035/36	Boca Juniors		Argentine Premier League		ongoing

2025-2027	Nigeria
2035-present	Brazil

4/10 Top Domestic Leagues (2023/24 SA Premier League, 2026 MLS Winners, 2030 Super League, 2034/35 Argentine League)
4/10 Domestic Cups (2024/25 SA Cup, 2028 US Cup, 2030 Chinese Cup, 2034/35 Coppa Argentina)

0/1 World Tournament

2042/43

See the source image

- MARSEILLE -

COUPE DE FRANCE

image.png.41d7b9e3fa9f222d0e14937bc6c97bc9.png

A domestic cup in the bag at the first attempt was much needed after a bad showing in collecting domestic cups during this challenge... Psg were kind enough to bow out very early against metz!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE/EUROPA

image.png.66fc16299a092b04a632443054acf483.png

Defeat twice to Lazio put pay to any attempt of qualification. A 3rd place finished saw us drop into the Europa where Chelsea made light work of us in the first ko round 3-1 on aggregate.

LIGUE 1

image.png.0de38db1fc2ef94bb41359555fcc90b3.png

Started off badly and was actually close to the sack early in the season which forced a first change of tactic during the challenge to a 4-2-3-1. Form picked up in the second half but far too late to launch a title charge and we struggled against the stronger sides at home. 

INTERNATIONAL 

See the source image

- USA -

Fortunately after leaving Brazil having won the world cup the America job was sitting there available on a gold cup season which I still needed to tick off!

GOLD CUP 43' (USA)

image.thumb.png.acad8dd30b63be899f4da434e89803c2.png

The standard was so low in the group we managed to beat Hondouras 9-0 and they still qualified!

image.png.d5175e1bd3cfa7e9b6d64a2f4ac7a55d.pngimage.png.917f54756e4b1975050a0891a5b67cbc.png

Rode our luck v Mexico and probably deserved to lose but onto the final

image.png.ea59cac076f07ed05ac53767caa21e14.png

Gold cup glory with the last kick of the game!

WHAT'S NEXT

I am pleased to have got up to 23/32 despite it not feeling like a good season with Marseille. The plan is to freshen up the Marseille squad which is ageing and hopefully have a better go at winning the league, though I feel we may still be another season away from potentially achieving that. Internationally there is no need to continue on with the USA after winning the gold cup so we will give them our notice and be on our way to a country in Asia when one comes up so I can try and get my hands on the last international trophy I require in the shape of the Asian Cup ... although the next tournament isn't until 2047!

image.thumb.png.c320f0472a15b840dcfc26d6515dda18.png

image.png.5ddf3222ed5204595d0a11b201953c84.png

image.png.0276505fa61c6c9f5b085c6a2dde36eb.png

Shanghai.jpg.d21591ac6c8fe115ff77325a98af0669.jpg

Shanghai Shenhua Chinese Premier League Season 2026 Review

League - After our excellent transfer business upon promotion I was confident we could push for a top 4 place this season, We started off alright but struggled a bit as we bedded in new players, we were however good enough get wins and build confidence. We just kept building and hit top spot after 14 games and never fell away from there. We scored goals for fun (over 100) and when on form we blew teams away as around half our games we scored 3 or more goals. For a long while we were in a 3 way battle with Beijing and Guangzhou but when they stumbled we took advantage and pushed on. In the run in however we did randomly get battered 6-0 by DL Pro to have me worried but we followed it up with a 5-0 win over Beijing to secure the title in style. This season went way better than I thought. I have no idea what's going on and why my teams are so dominate so far, I guess it's a tactic I've used for 3 or 4 FM's now so I know what type of players work in it but this has gone very well so far to say the least

Super Cup - Started the season with a lovely win over last season's champions and showed I was confident in the season

Champions League - This was tougher than I thought, group stage we needed a last winner against Jeonbuk to even make it through that stage, from there we were never really in too much trouble as we played away most of the way, in the final we cruised to a 3-0 win to secure the cup

FA Cup - we basically rotated the squad in this as we had already won it, it gave me a decent chance to give minutes to players and keep others fresh, made it to the final, lost the first but 2nd leg not played yet for a reason....

Squad - Brought the average age down this summer, squad is now under the age of 23 as I moved on quite a few older guys and replaced with younger and better

Transfers - so what do you do when you only concede 8 goals in a season? Replace the entire back 4 over the season of course! We used our foreign spots well this year, we did spend 24m but improved the squad, and as I said, lowered the age of the squad

Key Players

Liu Haojun - was great last season and even better this year. 51 goals in 44 games. Just insane. Scored 7 or 8 hat tricks in the season as well. Just brilliant. Can't score for China though :D 
Andre - My Brazilian star, 6'6 and a beast. Takes a mean free kick too and hit double figures
Tao Qianglong - was released from DL Pro so we snapped him up, played on the left and just bossed it, goals and assists all season
Jiang Shenglong - our DM, the few games he missed we struggled in, he's the glue in the side
Yang Rui - signed for 1.1m from a team the league below and was our best CM, scored goals in big games in the Champions League and would often pop up up with injury time winners. I kinda love him

Career Overview

Season	     Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements
2021/22      Black Leopards		Championship		5th 		Took over after 11 games down in 15th place
2022/23	     Black Leopards		Championship		1st 		Promotion. Got 1st coaching badge and started on the 2nd 
2023/24	     Mamelodi Sundowns		Premiership		1st 		Won all domestic cups, African Champions League, got 2nd and 3rd coaching badges
2025	     Shanghai Shenhua		Jia League		1st 		Won promotion as league winners, won the Chinese FA Cup, Got continental B licence 
2026	     Shanghai Shenhua		Super League		1st 		Won League and Asian Champions League
Year		Nation			Honours
2024		Egypt
2025		Egypt			ACON winners 2025

Challenge Progress

2/10 top domestic – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns) China 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua)
2/10 top domestic cups – South Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundowns), China 2025 (Shanghai Shenhua)
2/5 club continental – Africa 2024 (Mamelodi Sundows) Asia 2026 (Shanghai Shenhua)
0/1 club world championship

1/5 continental competitions – Africa 2025 (Egypt)
0/1 world tournaments

What's Next?

Well the Wold cup happened during this season, after it I applied for 8 jobs and got none of them, so am still waiting for a international role. Asian cup in a couple of months so hopefully a job or 2 will pop up from that. Aside from that it does mean Asia is done (on the club side) so it's time to move on very quickly and I have...

1510412933_DarrenAllam_Inbox.thumb.png.33bc1849ed4390adba5ec70310db6b41.png

Off to the MLS I go with New York Red Bulls. Now this should be a long term challenge as I try and build a squad to compete while learning the MLS transfer rules. Let's see how this goes :D 

2047/48

1200px-SL_Benfica_logo_svg.thumb.png.9f03e3f59c8a741026d5e2f57193d280.png

So after my short and unsuccessful Newcastle Jets gig, I got a job at Benfica.

The squad was pretty good overall and had loads of talent coming through. A lot of the players were quite versatile too so it took me half a season to really get to grips to what position for what player and for which players to use.

League- I completely dominated this season and led from start to finish. I had a few early draws away to Porto and Sporting but then went on a big winning streak to extend the lead heading to the halfway point. It was never in doubt from there.

1125188578_ScreenShot2021-11-27at1_33_13pm.thumb.png.5cb081c0a1b64cac2da3b44cb465cd2e.png

League Cup- Won the group with 3 wins, was able to rotate a bit throughout it. In the SF I drew Porto away from home, the toughest possible ask. It was a pretty even game however I took the lead in the 36th minute. Porto pushed hard but one of my new signings: a 20 year old Greek wonder kid scored a screamer to seal the 2-0 win. In the final I had Boavista and this was a routine 2-0 win. Was very happy to get this one done nice and early. 

PT Cup- since the League Cup was already won this didn’t really matter. I was in the SF once the League Cup was won and I had a pretty easy draw with Gil Vicente. I rotated heavily both legs and came out 4-1 winners and never looked in doubt. In the final I drew Sporting which was the last game of the season. It was a dominant display from myself but I couldn’t get the break through. I had a stroke of luck as their player got sent off in the 79th minute. It didn’t take long for me to take advantage of this and I scored 3 minutes later with another new signing, this time a Brazilian wonderkid. I held out to win 1-0. 

610344745_ScreenShot2021-11-27at1_32_41pm.thumb.png.b554a606860e77e57c373dd778e45ae9.png

Europe- I got knocked out of my CL group by a point but qualified for the Europa League. I beat Southampton and then Bilbao but lost to Chelsea in the QF. Drew the first leg 2-2 but played really well, imploded in the second leg and I was out.

It was probably my most dominant domestic season for the challenge. I didn’t lose a game domestically and did the Domestic Treble. I now need one domestic cup for the club part of the challenge to be done. 

Spain_National_Football_Team_badge.png.5b24d9e046f5be4197d95abbbd953b91.png

I went into the European Championships feeling good about my chances. I beat Andorra and Ukraine to qualify for the next stage. In the last game I had France, a win would put me on the better side of the draw so I played a strong side and win 1-0. Annoyingly Germany lost their last group game which meant I had to play them in the round of 16 (instead of France). To make matters worse, the other side of the draw opened right up as Portugal also lost. I beat Germany in ET 2-1 but played England next, a team I regularly lose to. This wouldn’t change and despite the score being 3-2 I was honestly second best and deserved to go out.

Whilst the tournament was going I applied for the Maccabi Haifi job. Israel is way down in terms of League quality but they have two domestic cups which is the most important thing at this stage for me. One cup win and I’m done.

Annoyingly the international side of things is going to drag out as I need Asia and Europe so at best it will be 8 more seasons. Least it’ll only be internationals so I’ll be able to get through it quickly. I don’t know if I’ll get fired yet so I’ll stay with Spain and see what jobs come up.

Season	Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	3rd (promoted via playoffs)		
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA Premier League	4th
2022/23 Kaiser Chiefs	        SA Premier League       1st.  Won Knockout Cup and Be the Coach.
2023/2024 Kaiser Chiefs         SA Premier League       1st. Won Super 8 and Be the Coach. CL Finalists.
2024/25 Kaiser Chiefs SA Premier League 1st. Won Knockout Cup and Champions League.
2025    Guangzhao.               Chinese Super League.   3rd. Started in 3rd with 5 games to go.
2026    Guangzhao                Chinese Super League.   1st.  Lost the final of CFA Cup   
2027    Guanzhao                 Chinese Super League.   1st   CFA Cup winner
2028   Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League   1st CFA Cup Winner  Super Cup Winner
2029.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st  Super Cup Winner
2030.  Guangzhao                 Chinese Super League    1st. Asian Champions League Winner Super Cup Winner
2030-2031 Hertha Berlin          Bundesliga.             10th (took over 13th).  German Cup Runner up. Resigned at seasons end
2031-32 Inter Milan              Serie A                 1st    Super Cup Winner
2032-2033 Inter Milan            Serie A                 2nd.   Italian Cup Winner and Super Cup Winner
2033-34.  Borussia Dortmund.     German Bundesliga.      1st.   German Cup Winner
2034-35 Cruz Azul.               Mexican First Division. 1st.   Mexican Cup winner
2035/36. Cruz Azul.              Mexican First Division. 1st
2036/37 Cruz Azul                Mexican First Division. 2nd    NACL Winner
2037  Corinthians.               Brazilian First Division 5th.  Took over in 9th place with 9 games to go.
2038 Corinthians                 Brazilian First Division  1st   Brazilian Cup Winner
2039 Corinthians                 Brazilian First Division  1st   Brazilian Cup Winner Copa Libertadores Winner
2040/41 Barcelona.               Spanish La Liga           1st
2041/42 PSG                      French Ligue 1           2nd.   French Cup Winner   
2042/43 PSG                      French Ligue 1           1st.   CL Finalist
2043/44 PSG                      French Ligue 1           1st.   CL Winner
2044/45 PSG                      French Ligue 1           1st.   CWC Winner
2045/46 Man City                 English Premier League   1st.   CL Winner. League Cup Finalist
2046/47 Man City                 English Premier League.  1st (at time of resignation). League Cup winner  
2047/48 Benfica                      Portugese Premier League 1st   League Cup & PT Cup Winner

International 
2021-2023. Nigeria. Lost in QF of AFCON. Sacked. 
2023- present- Ghana. Lost in R of 16 AFCON. Resigned before being sacked.
2026-2027 Ivory Coast AFCON Champsions. Resigned after.
2029- 2032 Mexico. Lost in 3rd Round at WC. Gold Cup Winners. Copa America Finalist 
2032- 2036 France. Lost in Nations League Final 2033, Lost in WC Final 2034. Lost in SF Euro 2036. Resigned after Euro 36 
2036- 2038 Italy. Lost in Nationa League Final 2037. Made WC QF. Sacked after WC 2038. 
2038-2040 Chile . Lost in QF of Copa America. Sacked. 
2040-2046. Brazil. WC 3rd place. Copa America Winner. World Cup winner. Resigned after WC 2046.
2046- present. Spain. Lost in Euro QF.
6 International Tournaments (4/6)

- FIFA World Cup		       Brazil (2046)	
- UEFA Euros (Europe)			
- AFC Asian Cup (Asia)							
- Copa America (South America)		Brazil (2044)
- Gold Cup (North America)		Mexico (2027)	
- AFCON (African Cup Of Nations)	Ivory Coast (2031)				

10 Leagues 
THE BIG FIVE (5/5)
- La Liga (ESP)				Barcelona (2040/31)
- Premier League (ENG)			Man City  (2045/46)
- Bundesliga (GER)			Borussia Dortmund (2033/34)
- Ligue 1 (FRA)				PSG (2042/43-2044/45)				
- Serie A (ITA)				Inter Milan (2031/32)	

AND 5 OTHER TOP LEAGUES (5/5)
- Chinese Super League  	        Guangzhou(2026-2030)
- Brazilian First Division.      	Corinthians (2038,2039)
- Liga MX Apertura \ Clausura (MEX)	Cruz Azul (2034/35, 2035/36)
- Dstv Premiership (RSA)		Kaizer Chiefs (2022/23-2024/25)
- Portugese Premier League              Benfica (2047/48)

5 Champions Leagues (5/5)

- UEFA Champions League (Europe)	PSG (2043/44)
- Asian Champions League 		Guangzhou Evergrande (2030)		
- Copa Libertadores (South America)	Corinthians (2039)	
- North American Champions League	Cruz Azul (2026/37)	
- CAF Champions League (Africa)		Kaizer Chiefs (2024/25)		

FIFA Club World Cup (1/1)	        PSG (2044/45)

10 Others (Domestic Cups from 10 separate nations) (9/10)

- DFB-Pokal (GER)			Dortmund (2033/34)
- Brazilian Cup (BRA)			Corinthians (2038,2039)
- Coupe de France (FRA)			PSG (2041/42)
- Copa MX (MEX)				Cruz Azul (2034/35)
- Chinese FA Cup (CHI)			Guangzhou Evergrande (2027/28)
- Nedbank Cup (RSA)			Kaizer Chiefs (2026/27, 2027/28)
- Italian Cup (ITA)  			Inter (2032/33)
- League Cup  (ENG)                     Man City (2046/47)
- League Cup & PT Cup (POR)             Benfica (2047/48)

Total Trophies 29/32

82.png.0f38392ae91a4a605c8a09172ddd1b42.png

Boca Juniors: 2035/36 Review

My managerial career so far has been pretty good and having clinched a number of trophies already with Boca Juniors I found myself needing just the continental trophy of the Copa Libertadores to draw my time in Argentina to a close. I spent the summer looking to improve the squad and managed to bring in a couple of players I felt could help us go further than the semi final we managed last time around.

85660313_FinalTable.png.7f25c52c655e90b2f28e786f0ff9ab56.png

We absolutely dominated all competition in the league as we breezed to a league title with absolute ease. An unbeaten season meaning we managed to complete two full league seasons with me at the helm and lost just one league match across both. An unbelievably proud record for me to take as a manager. Once more my team was consistently impressive as we scored plenty of goals and defended really well too. Winning the title looked a formality from the midway point of the season and we simply never looked back.

1068495012_ArgCup.png.6e77bdaa9057ed83e6a0a3520a6d6300.png

We also managed to defend the Argentine Cup with a confident showing in the final having breezed through the competition with ease. Our only real test came in the Quarter Finals where we narrowly saw off our biggest rivals River Plate 2-0 to advance. We actually managed to get through much of the competition using fringe and young players as I used the competition as a chance to rest out more senior players.

We also managed to win both the Argentine Super Cup and the South American Super Cup to continue building up our trophy haul under my management. We dominated near enough all of the season. 

1384767635_CLFinal.png.381f9b2ad9c4709517831b5f02b59f91.png

We managed to grab the one I wanted and ended up doing it relatively comfortably. An early goal in the final gave us control and when we added a second goal we simply cruised to victory. I had high hopes when I found out the final was against River Plate as under my management we had actually only lost my first two matches against them, going unbeaten since early in my second campaign. We comfortably navigated the Copa Libertadores and were deserved winners as we lifted the one trophy I required to complete my haul in South America.

1016870990_CLCelebrations.png.70e459e243ace8458f1f7dbe6c1d86a4.png

For me this campaign was simply sublime as we cruised our way to a number of trophies. We won every available competition and simply dominated our position as the strongest side in Argentina whilst clinching the continental crown to. The squad I have built is just sensational and to be honest I can see it dominating South America for a fair while. For me my time in Argentina is over though and when my contract expires in a few weeks time I’ll be walking away from the club. My next destination is a little up in the air for now though. I’m edging towards finally taking the plunge and going to Europe although I still require one club trophy outside of that continent. Going to Mexico is a temptation in order to try and lift the North American Champions League that I couldn’t during my spell in America with both Toronto FC and LAFC. For now I need to shift my focus onto Brazil though as the Copa America is about to take place. I’ve done alright with them so far as we’ve won 4 World Cup qualifiers and lost just the one to Columbia. We will enter that tournament as one of the favourites and it would be nice to chalk the Copa America off the requirement list after the struggles I endured with it during last years challenge.

2034/35	Boca Juniors		Argentine Premier League		1st (C)		Premier League Winners, Argentine Cup Winners, Argentine Super Cup Winners
2035/36	Boca Juniors		Argentine Premier League		1st (C)		Premier League Winners, Copa Libertadores Winners, Argentine Cup Winners, Argentine Super Cup Winners, Recopa Sudamericana Winners

2025-2027	Nigeria
2035-present	Brazil

4/10 Top Domestic Leagues (2023/24 SA Premier League, 2026 MLS Winners, 2030 Super League, 2034/35 Argentine League)
4/10 Domestic Cups (2024/25 SA Cup, 2028 US Cup, 2030 Chinese Cup, 2034/35 Coppa Argentina)
3/5 Continental Championships (2023/24 African Champions League, 2033 Asian Champions League, 2035 Copa Libertadores)

0/1 World Tournament

Crest.png.31bf6aad0dbad4a1d2b19db1920a4278.png

Brazil: 2036 Copa America

Having dominated Argentina with my Boca Juniors team I made the tough decision to walk away and try to find a new adventure at club level. That would have to wait for the immediate future though as I took my Brazil team to the 2036 Copa America tournament hosted in Uruguay. We entered the tournament as one of the favourites to win it, and for me it was all about making sure we did that to cap off my journey in South America.

1260847904_GroupStage.png.b187090f52f95cd702a2a412beb3dc9e.png

We opened up with a comfortable 2-1 win over Ecuador before being frustrated in a 0-0 draw against Columbia, who were the only team to defeat my Brazil side under my reign back in a World Cup qualifier. Next up was Mexico and with our tournament hanging on a thread we did really well to pick up a turnaround 2-1 victory late on. That effectively saw us through and we finished off with a disappointing 1-1 draw with Peru before defeating the hosts 2-0 in our final match.

Knockout.png.0436c31cee8c91305a5c71dde5b6f2f5.png

Winning our group proved extremely helpful as we were drawn to avoid the Argentina test until the final of the tournament. We comfortably navigated our way past Chile in a 4-2 quarter final thriller before also easing our way past my former side the USA 2-1. The score line looked tighter than it was as we completed a comfortable win to reach the final. In the biggest shock of all we would face Paraguay in the final after they surprised everyone by dumping out Argentina at the semi final stage.

Final.png.7ccf11af5d6b8b6b991cb24af31d685f.png

The final itself was a really tight game although we always looked the better of the two sides. We left it late but in the end we saw an effort from central midfielder Miranda find the back of the net with just six minutes of the tie remaining. We clung on to win and lift the trophy to cap off a wonderful tournament.

Celebrations.png.32efca42582348f6c368d59ee9d2aebc.png

A sensational twelve months come to an end with me in possession of all available trophies in South America. A truly remarkable effort and something I’m extremely proud of. From the offing we looked good enough to win this tournament and I’m delighted to lift the one trophy I was left without during my attempt from last year. For now I see no reason to leave Brazil and will instead stay to lead them into the World Cup in two years time. We’re up to 5th in the world now so hopefully we can have a good couple of years and head into that tournament to go for the win. At club level I’m still waiting for the right job to come along and I’m in no rush. I don’t want to dive into any old position and thankfully my successes mean I can probably be a bit pickier now with my next move.

2035/36	Boca Juniors		Argentine Premier League		1st (C)		Premier League Winners, Copa Libertadores Winners, Argentine Cup Winners, Argentine Super Cup Winners, Recopa Sudamericana Winners

2025-2027	Nigeria
2035-present	Brazil		Copa America Winners

3/5 Continental Championships (2023/24 African Champions League, 2033 Asian Champions League, 2035 Copa Libertadores)

2/5 Continental Tournaments (USA-Gold Cup 2031, Copa America 2036)         
0/1 World Tournament

guangzhou.jpg.956cfe08752b7ed4be595220db6c2d84.jpg

Guangzhou FC 2028

Competitions

Chinese Super League - Results 1    Results 2    League Table

What a season we have had here. I knew we would be very strong after a summer of signing some really good players and after getting off to a brilliant start we just kept going as we won all 34 leagues games. I think its the first time I've managed such a thing on any FM. We broke so many Records, both team and individual wise. 

Chinese FA Cup - Results

There was no stopping us as we romped home. We did have a scare in the QF and needed extra time to progress but minus that it was plain sailing.

Asian Champions League - Results

Our third continental title of the save was relatively easy, although after the 1-0 loss in the group stages I did worry the standard may well be a lot better than we were facing domestically. It didnt turn out that was as we were too strong for all our opponents and sealed a brilliant treble. 

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers

The team has proved a real handful with some really good homegrown players and some even better foreign stars. The stars of this season are:

Ibrahim N'Goran (AML) - Most likely the greatest individual season I have ever had from one of my players. I signed him for Cape Town Spurs before bringing him to China and he has been simply sensational. 97 goal involvements in 43 starts along with 30 man of the match awards. 

Neil Vargas (CB) - A real handful in both boxes, he has been brilliant again this season. Part of a defence that kept 30 clean sheets over this season.

Zhan Zhiqiang (ST) - He compliments N'goran so well and managed 51 goals in 45 starts. He was the Champions League top scorer with 13 in 11.

Next Season

I have won everything needed domestically in Asia but my struggles to get an International role have me questioning if the fact I've resigned from 4 out of the 5 jobs I have held is causing me an issue. I am thinking to stay on and look for a new job before stepping down.

Club Career
							Leagues			Cups
2027	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	3rd	n/a		R1	n/a	n/a	n/a	Hired on 12/7/27. Finished Pro License.
2028	China		CSL		Guangzhou FC	1st	n/a		WIN	n/a	WIN	n/a	Won treble. 

International Career

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 Top Domestic Leagues
CSL 2028 - Guangzhou FC.

3/10 Domestic Cups
CFA Cup 2028 - Guangzhou FC.

3/5 Continental Championships 
AFC Champions League 2028 - Guangzhou FC.	

International
Ivory Coast 2025 AFCON.

0/1 World Tournament

10/32

Edited by BigJack

@goonergez You're going to think I'm going crazy (or I've been imbued with supernatural omniscience, which would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath), but I was sure you reported winning the Copa America yesterday, but I put you on the leader board (belatedly I know) with 12, so I must have been imagining it, or you edited your post in between my first seeing it and doing the leader board.

This is why I don't comment much on this thread, because after 7 years of reading these posts, I am like a God existing outside of time able to see the whole canvas of Ultimate Challenge eternity spread out before me. 

Or I've gone crazy.

Season Five - 2025/26

Swansea-City-Badge.png

Despite a non-existant transfer budget I opted to stay at Swansea for an additional year, and it saw us dominant the league from start to game 40 when we fell apart. We led the league all season but threw it away and went into the final game of the season in third place, but as the top two Reading and Bournemouth were playing each other we only needed to beat bottom side Rotherham to go up. I half expected some drama but we romped to a 4-0 win and coupled with Reading's draw we went up a point behind them in second place on 93 points - seven goals ahead of Bournemouth on Goal Difference

The cups we didn't threaten in, as we reached the fourth round in both the FA and Carabao Cup

Perhaps controversially though I expect to run my contract out at the end of the season and leave. We've only been given a £20m transfer budget, and considering we only have a 20 man squad made up of two players who are leaving on a three, four first team players on loan who we can't renew, and three youngsters I don't see this being a project I can take any further. I've got the World Cup coming up, and now is the time to look at either a top side in a lesser nation or a solid midtable team in a top five league

Shirt badge/Association crest

We had a tough draw in World Cup qualifying and after a home defeat prior to my appointment we needed to go and beat Nigeria away to ensure qualification which we managed. That has seen us qualify for the 2026 World Cup where we are in a group with the Netherlands and New Zealand and have a good chance of making the second round. In the African Cup qualifying we've already beaten Egypt in our group, so as long as we don't slip against Mozambique and Liberia we should qualify with ease

image.thumb.png.0c8e2e50b2ea2adab9b9ae2ec631d995.png

image.jpeg.5aeebdbe5ccaacde85d5e9e39f2f3f9f.jpeg image.png.3a99479b53fd1cf9097656e16eb10e88.png

End of Season Update | June 2026 | Chippa Utd F.C. | Ivory Coast

Target for the season achieved. 

SA Premier Soccer League: Having already won the league last season, went into this just casually. However, ran the risk of losing my job early enough due to a battered number of injuries to the main team players one after the other resulting in a 9 game streak without a win including 5 losses and 4 draws. But once the player injuries stopped, the team picked itself into winning positions. Only lost 2 games for the rest of the season and at one point was able to draw the games even with 3rd level bench team playing top oppositions to rest the main players for the Champions League. Eventually finished 2nd in the league table.

90e410ce1bccbd452e88ee38981e8a93.png

SA S8 Cup: Lost in the Quarterfinal itself as this came during the initial injury crisis period. 

16bd15f018ca57d945105dc50f9137de.png

SA KO Cup: Again, not a preferred cup for the challenge, still managed to get to the semifinal only to lose in the extra time. 

722f07542c0e14560368fd25ec355f48.png

SA FA Cup: Once again, lost it in Quarterfinals, but haven't fielded a strengthened team here either. 

4447256416cfe1541a8f7d7210f97cf3.png

African Champions League: Finally comes the only tournament relevant for this season to me. Made sure we field a strong XI for these games all season. Steamrolled the opponents in the preliminary and first rounds. Then got drawn in the group stage with 2 easy opponents and Sundowns. Was even able to beat Sundownd 3-0 at home. Other games were again easy. 

Quarterfinal again was easy affair against Moroccan club WydadCasablanca. Faced Al-Ahly, the Egyptian giants in the semis Managed to draw 1-1 away and then got a comfortable 2-0 win at home to reach the final. 

Final was against ES Tunis, the Tunisian giants who managed to beat Sundowns in their semifinal on away goals. It was an easy 3-1 win to secure the African Champions League title and strike off the one continental cup.

cf57add84a01a38c88f31ff6e5bce109.png

9661d2876eb861b6f1013f99d6345193.png

International Management: Managed to qualify for the World Cup 2026 with the Ivory Coast team and about to enter the World Cup in 10 days time. Hope we have a good enough tournament to keep me in the job for the AFCON 2027 which will be our major goal. 

Challenge Progress: Happy to get everything needed from Africa using Chippa Utd F.C. Honestly didn't expect without taking over Sundowns job, but with crucial strengthening of the team, managed to pull them off. Will be resigning now and hoping to find a new job in some other continent. No preference to start with, but I think I can manage to find good enough jobs with the reputation I have now and also Continental A License. 

6d4c3a8a7049056d70770ccb2362ef79.png

a287f522f4ec796c9da45d5eff3b5732.png

5c17f79ed88ee4730d196bd4c0099a73.png

Career Update: February 2038

Despite dominating Argentina and winning the following Copa America with my Brazil side I would go on to spend well over a year without a job at club level. I still had my Brazil side to focus on but I really missed the everyday work of club management. I did manage to navigate my Brazil side through to the World Cup though, winning the qualification group with relative ease. We lost just twice in disappointing away trips to Columbia and also Uruguay. The most pleasing fact was that we managed to beat arch rivals Argentina both home and away during the campaign. We will enter the World Cup with high hopes and plenty of expectations of a really good showing.

I would go on to pick up my new club job in February of 2038 as I moved into my new position with just seven league games remaining in the season.

Appointment.png.c9f66a685e427bb170d1dfd312d6295a.png

Joining Benfica is a massive move for me and an opportunity to win yet more silverware. They haven’t failed to finish in the top three of the league since the 2007/08 season and are one of the most recognisable teams in European football. Saying that they haven't won the league title for a couple of seasons now though. There are also two domestic cup competitions which should give me an opportunity to win one fairly quickly. In fact the remainder of this season will see us entertain Pacos de Ferreira in the Portuguese Cup semi final as well as participate in the knockout stages of the Europa League.

Table.png.c02fb9fc76f6367f69c8833ecfca78a2.png

The league title has very much already gone but I’m confident that we can finish this season strongly. I’d be happy with second place and an opportunity to start building my side for a push next season. I don’t see me managing to dominate as quickly as I did in Argentina but I am confident I am in the right place for my career. Hopefully over the next few years I can chalk off yet more trophies off the required list. There is also the small matter of a World Cup upcoming where I’ll take my Brazil side hoping to win it.

2037/38	SC Benfica		Portuguese Premier League		tbc

2025-2027	Nigeria
2035-present	Brazil		Copa America Winners

2/5 Continental Tournaments (USA-Gold Cup 2031, Copa America 2036)         
0/1 World Tournament

I've attempted this challenge 3 or 4 times over the years and always done pretty well, but get to the point where I don't have the time to type up yearly reviews and so stop updating. This year I'm probably going to post one overview of my time at a club whenever I move on to a new challenge which will allow me to play a few seasons in between posts.

20211215174438_1.thumb.jpg.ece1c0929814f4d2074cfdccf2c75328.jpg

350022.png.b637e200bb0b7321b641de6456d52074.png

Season 1 - 2021/22 - Cefn Druids AFC

Pre-Season

The squad was thin in some areas (DC, DL) and seemed ok in others, at least according to my AssMan. But the media had us finishing 12th, so I didn't hold out much hope. The board wanted a mid table finish.

It was hard to find any decent staff, the scouts especially had rather poor stats. But had to work with what we could get. Eventually managed to get in a DL and a couple of midfielders. But we were still short in DC, although the one we had was rated as one of the best players on the team.

Had some good pre-season results, including a 2-2 draw with Wrexham.

2021/22 Season

Things started better than I could have hoped for and we were top of the table after 7 games. Things took a bit of a dip after that and we fell all the way to 7th. For a while we bounced around between 4th and 6th, but never far from the teams at the top. 

The Welsh premier made up of 12 teams and is divided into two stages. After playing each team twice it splits in two. The teams in the top half play each other for the championship and the teams from the bottom play each other to avoid relegation. At that stage we were in 3rd and also in the League Cup final. The board offered me a contract extension, and a small raise. I accepted.

In the League Cup final we met Cambrian & Clydach from the 2nd tier. After a 1-1 draw we lost on penalties. In the next game we went out of the Welsh Cup and it looked like our season might have been taking a turn. Although we were already guaranteed a mid-table finish.

We actually ended up playing quite well (4W, 1D, 1L) and even beat TNS 3-0 away from home. But the top four was tight. The next three were 2D and 1L with no goals scored and I was just hoping that we could at least hold on to 2nd place. But the teams around us also dropped points and all we had to do on the final day was win against TNS again.

After an uneventful 1st half we went out and grabbed 2 quick goals. But the team wasn't playing well and we were lucky to be in front. TNS piled on the pressure and in the 91st minute they had a penalty which they duly scored. Thankfully that was it and we finished as Champions!

21_22_Durids_League_stats.jpg.c44dc64484b9f17f61cc1a01f361ab37.jpg

Top Player Stats

Spoiler

1403819923_21_22_Durids_TopPlayers.jpg.4c92485bc9bfc5c9ebc38cdd501c2828.jpg

Best 11

Spoiler

21_22_Durids_best11.jpg.2297e9fbc46a966b14e8b2900ec3ea3f.jpg

Challenge

So far the club have only been willing to let me get my National C license. This team has massively overachieved and I don't think I'll get the resources to improve them much. The board still just want a mid-table finish for next season. All that said I'm not sure if my reputation (which is still not a full star) would get me a job anywhere else. So, for now I plan on staying here, to see if I can build my reputation a bit more, maybe win the domestic cup, all while keeping an eye on the job centre for opportunities.

UFMC_domestic.jpg.ac192c17f9b25597e23a4ca917247947.jpg

Edited by DomD

11 hours ago, Joaquimorais said:

1253.png.915a3841472b4761922a1030fe5fe0fb.pngYszD1wZ.png.965db31da34c88ee4692d8309bb9198d.png

CF América - Mexico 2027

CONCACAF Champions League

XYNvpuu.png.4ecaad7674ecf675ed8ae410c775ca84.png

Ask me a question, please. to say that I won the league, do I need to win Apertura and Clausura? waiting for the answer to continue my game.

No. In Mexico, Clausura (or Apertura) is enough. You only need to win one.

Edited by vikeologist

3 minutes ago, Joaquimorais said:

Thanks man, I think I'll play another season to try to win a Mexico Cup

Make sure you're in it. In the past not every Mexican team was in it, because they were in continental competitions instead. Maybe that's different now, but you need to check you're in the draw.

Nobody who's ever done this challenge understands Mexico.

Edited by vikeologist

3 minutos atrás, vikeologist disse:

Make sure you're in it. In the past not every Mexican team was in it, because they were in continental competitions instead. Maybe that's different now, but you need to check you're in the draw.

Nobody who's ever done this challenge understands Mexico.

Okok, Thank you!

On 13/12/2021 at 13:04, b4usiddhu2 said:

image.jpeg.5aeebdbe5ccaacde85d5e9e39f2f3f9f.jpeg image.png.3a99479b53fd1cf9097656e16eb10e88.png

End of Season Update | June 2026 | Chippa Utd F.C. | Ivory Coast

Target for the season achieved. 

SA Premier Soccer League: Having already won the league last season, went into this just casually. However, ran the risk of losing my job early enough due to a battered number of injuries to the main team players one after the other resulting in a 9 game streak without a win including 5 losses and 4 draws. But once the player injuries stopped, the team picked itself into winning positions. Only lost 2 games for the rest of the season and at one point was able to draw the games even with 3rd level bench team playing top oppositions to rest the main players for the Champions League. Eventually finished 2nd in the league table.

90e410ce1bccbd452e88ee38981e8a93.png

SA S8 Cup: Lost in the Quarterfinal itself as this came during the initial injury crisis period. 

16bd15f018ca57d945105dc50f9137de.png

SA KO Cup: Again, not a preferred cup for the challenge, still managed to get to the semifinal only to lose in the extra time. 

722f07542c0e14560368fd25ec355f48.png

SA FA Cup: Once again, lost it in Quarterfinals, but haven't fielded a strengthened team here either. 

4447256416cfe1541a8f7d7210f97cf3.png

African Champions League: Finally comes the only tournament relevant for this season to me. Made sure we field a strong XI for these games all season. Steamrolled the opponents in the preliminary and first rounds. Then got drawn in the group stage with 2 easy opponents and Sundowns. Was even able to beat Sundownd 3-0 at home. Other games were again easy. 

Quarterfinal again was easy affair against Moroccan club WydadCasablanca. Faced Al-Ahly, the Egyptian giants in the semis Managed to draw 1-1 away and then got a comfortable 2-0 win at home to reach the final. 

Final was against ES Tunis, the Tunisian giants who managed to beat Sundowns in their semifinal on away goals. It was an easy 3-1 win to secure the African Champions League title and strike off the one continental cup.

cf57add84a01a38c88f31ff6e5bce109.png

9661d2876eb861b6f1013f99d6345193.png

International Management: Managed to qualify for the World Cup 2026 with the Ivory Coast team and about to enter the World Cup in 10 days time. Hope we have a good enough tournament to keep me in the job for the AFCON 2027 which will be our major goal. 

Challenge Progress: Happy to get everything needed from Africa using Chippa Utd F.C. Honestly didn't expect without taking over Sundowns job, but with crucial strengthening of the team, managed to pull them off. Will be resigning now and hoping to find a new job in some other continent. No preference to start with, but I think I can manage to find good enough jobs with the reputation I have now and also Continental A License. 

6d4c3a8a7049056d70770ccb2362ef79.png

a287f522f4ec796c9da45d5eff3b5732.png

5c17f79ed88ee4730d196bd4c0099a73.png

Hey, I'm copying your format for keeping track of the challenge progress, hope you don't mind ;)

Good luck finding a new job.

Crest.png.8ad5ed93a22825307ed3b4833ffb6c0d.png

Benfica: 2037/38 Review

My time in Portugal has been pretty brief so far but it's fair to say that we've had a really bright start and there is plenty for me to be feeling positive about. My main task after being employed was to put together a run in order to clinch second spot in the league. The title was already destined to head to FC Porto, but I felt it was important to finish second and have a crack at next seasons Champions League along with it.

134638135_FinalTable.png.4d9a0dd0952c7168b3bec065401db215.png

My spell in charge has seen us avoid defeat in the league and we comfortably went on to clinch second place to champions FC Porto. We looked good right from the get go and fully deserved it in the process. Defensively I quickly managed to get us solid and up top we scored plenty of goals to pick up points. I definitely saw plenty that gives me a lot of hope for the future.

935011557_CupFinal.png.7f930bfe03f0b17d593cfbb983ad4eb5.png

My arrival came shortly before a two legged semi-final in the Portuguese Cup which we navigated with relative ease. A 1-0 victory in the away leg was followed by a comfortable 2-0 win at home to book a Super Classico final with FC Porto. The game was a thriller but the lottery of penalties ended up seeing us lose out. It was disappointing but at the same time I wasn't expecting to win a trophy this early anyway and so I wasn't to devestating. We also had the Europa League and we made it to the Quarter Finals before narrowly losing 2-3 on aggregate against Feyenoord.

I'm really pleased with how my time here has begun and I have definitely seen plenty to give me positivity moving forwards. Quickly I have managed to put my stamp on this team and I have managed to do it so far without bringing in any new signings. With a really positive summer in the transfer market I am sure we can push FC Porto harder next season at the summit of the table. Hopefully we can challenge for the title and also manage to pick up a domestic cup. Im confident that we can but we're going to have to work hard in the transfer market to shape us up for it.

2037/38	SC Benfica		Portuguese Premier League		2nd
2038/39	SC Benfica		Portuguese Premier League		ongoing

2025-2027	Nigeria
2035-2038	Brazil		Copa America Winners, World Cup Winners

2/5 Continental Tournaments (USA-Gold Cup 2031, Brazil-Copa America 2036)         
0/1 World Tournament 

Crest.png.2fbd5c0e0c939c9c8e887bd044a5b248.png

Brazil: World Cup 2038

Having won the Copa America two years back it was time for me to take my Brazil side to South Africa for the World Cup and another tournament I was chasing. We entered the competition on the back of a really positive qualification campaign and I was confident that we would be able to go a long way through this tournament. Ranked 6th in the world we would definitely be including amongst the favourites and I was keen for us to show that. Especially as we possessed quality all throughout the squad.

Group.png.56fd44465a21b165db0f216c4ec3503d.png

Algeria and Greece would never be considered as serious competition for us and so it showed as we breezed through with two victories. For me that was job done though and although we hadn't been particularly impressive it was the results that counted as we qualified for the important stages of the competition.

That form continued into the knockout stages as well as I looked to get this side to push for the opportunity to reach the latter stages. Firstly we brushed off Bulgaria 2-0 to get to the Third Round where we again struggled but managed to see of Australia by a solitary goal. That put us into the Quarter Finals and in truth the stage where my record would be judged.

Knockouts.png.682d8852d5332aa7ac8d83a8b1cfeea0.png

We started off well enough by seeing of Turkey in a rather pleasant and lucky draw for us. We scored early on to seize control of the game and then just had to be patent to find a second goal. We eventually grabbed it late on and marched on to the semi finals. This was a tricky looking tie though as we would face the number one ranked team in the world in France. The game was so nervy and so tense and eventually we managed to grab the goal with a fortunate penalty in injury time. A surprising victory saw us march on to the  final where we would face Columbia. One of only two teams to beat me during my reign with Brazil.

498197274_WCFinal.png.2bf19e1a52b67ccad5df547c0f1a2264.png

The final itself turned in to our best performance of the tournament and probably the least challenging of all our matches. We took initiative of the game by scoring early on and we simply didn't relent. With a four goal lead at half time we took our foot off the gas in the second period and just saw the game out without any scares. A delightful performance that culminated in my second major honour as Brazil manager and holder of a World Cup winners medal. Truly sensational.

432717541_WCCelebrations.png.d7a24c18341cd88ae2cf83c7bdb7107d.png

With both the Copa America and the World Cup now in my possession its time for me to bid a fond farewell to Brazil and look for a new challenge at international level. Although I expected to lift the Copa America its fair to say that winning the World Cup is more than just a bit of a surprise. I knew that we had a squad capable I just didn't expect them to go on and actually achieve it. We were definitely helped by an easier route to the final but we did well to navigate it with a minimal of fuss and that's a very pleasing thing. For now I will hand in my resignation and focus on my position with Benfica. I'll be actively looking for an international role but I am not in a rush and I can afford to be a little bit picky.

2037/38	SC Benfica		Portuguese Premier League		2nd
2038/39	SC Benfica		Portuguese Premier League		ongoing

2025-2027	Nigeria
2035-2038	Brazil		Copa America Winners, World Cup Winners

2/5 Continental Tournaments (USA-Gold Cup 2031, Brazil-Copa America 2036)         
1/1 World Tournament (Brazil- World Cup 2038)

Hi everyone.

I bought FM22 after a few years away from this amazing game.

Wanting a bit of help with how things have changed over time, I started listening to the Football Manager Show podcast by Iain Macintosh of The Athletic, who mentioned this challenge at some point over the summer when asking listeners how they were keeping busy.

I am so tempted to try this, but wanted some advice from those with more experience.

1) I am happy to manage anywhere in the world, as I am up for the challenge. Do all top division leagues count towards the extra 5 divisions required?

2) Some divisions start much earlier than others. Is it in the rules of this challenge to begin life in January 2021, and not only from June?

3) What advice can people give in terms of leagues to include in the database, so that it doesn't slow the whole game down too much? I was thinking of including the top division from every nation possible, but having no second (or lower) tiers available at all. Seeing as that I'll probably start somewhere random anyway, I won't need to work my way up the leagues in any one country. Doesn't that sound reasonable?   And then once I've completed a continent, I'll just remove all those leagues from being playable. Not sure what effect that will have on the players and all that though. Any advice on this too.

4) Presume that it's okay to have added in badges, kits and faces to the game....

5) Where can I get official expansion leagues from? Would like to have the options in Africa, and not only be able to manage in South Africa (however lovely South Africa and South Africans are)!

This does look like an amazing challenge, and hope to get started over the weekend.

And thanks in advance for your comments and tips.

Looking forward on keeping you updated on my journey.

7 minutos atrás, avzbruvz disse:

Hi everyone.

I bought FM22 after a few years away from this amazing game.

Wanting a bit of help with how things have changed over time, I started listening to the Football Manager Show podcast by Iain Macintosh of The Athletic, who mentioned this challenge at some point over the summer when asking listeners how they were keeping busy.

I am so tempted to try this, but wanted some advice from those with more experience.

1) I am happy to manage anywhere in the world, as I am up for the challenge. Do all top division leagues count towards the extra 5 divisions required?

2) Some divisions start much earlier than others. Is it in the rules of this challenge to begin life in January 2021, and not only from June?

3) What advice can people give in terms of leagues to include in the database, so that it doesn't slow the whole game down too much? I was thinking of including the top division from every nation possible, but having no second (or lower) tiers available at all. Seeing as that I'll probably start somewhere random anyway, I won't need to work my way up the leagues in any one country. Doesn't that sound reasonable?   And then once I've completed a continent, I'll just remove all those leagues from being playable. Not sure what effect that will have on the players and all that though. Any advice on this too.

4) Presume that it's okay to have added in badges, kits and faces to the game....

5) Where can I get official expansion leagues from? Would like to have the options in Africa, and not only be able to manage in South Africa (however lovely South Africa and South Africans are)!

This does look like an amazing challenge, and hope to get started over the weekend.

And thanks in advance for your comments and tips.

Looking forward on keeping you updated on my journey.

+ South Africa (Me)

image.png

Edited by Joaquimorais

37 minutes ago, avzbruvz said:

Yes. All leagues that are in the game.

Sure, and obviously that can in theory help you achieve the challenge quicker, but in practice the most important thing is to take the optimal first job, even if you have to wait, but yeah, start at any point.

I strongly advise people to add and subtract leagues as you go along. It's not necessarily the best idea to start in a top league, so you might want to have more than one division in a loaded league. Adding and removing leagues shouldn't present any problems. On the rare occasions there are bugs that provide problems, it's usually through this, but they're usually easy to work around.

Anyway, I'd suggest only having about 3 nations or 4 divisions loaded at any time. Of course if your specs are top class, you can't flaunt them a bit.

Absolutely.

I'm not sure there are any official expansion leagues at the moment. Canada was, but now it's in the game automatically. So, you're stuck with South Africa. I don't think there are currently any nations or divisions you're allowed to add for the purposes of the challenge.

Can someone confirm that, because then I could take the bit about official expansion leagues out of the 'rules' at the start? It's a leftover from when Canada could be added. I think Gibraltar might be an official add-on, but I don't know and managing in Gibraltar for this challenge would be cray cray.

@JoaquimoraisIs Japan an official league or add on? If it's a custom league,you can't use it.

Edited by vikeologist