The Jack Grealish (and occasionally England) Thread: It's coming home attempt 5782570

Pukey

2 minutes ago, Smallen said:

We're the first team to go the first 5 games without conceding so I'm going to say no.

Yeah but the Euros used to only have 4 teams in it so I imagine it must have been done.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

Yeah but the Euros used to only have 4 teams in it so I imagine it must have been done.

Just had a look...nobody managed it even then. Soviets managed to get to the final 3 times without conceding, but all 3 times they conceded in the final.

1 hour ago, mark1985 said:

E849376C-8835-4F68-A0A1-941E3C20C35B.jpeg.f9ddf7d2ee32c63470ab75e296152885.jpeg

Ironically, while the worst elements of the English support (backed by many in the Tory party) have apparently been "alienated" (nice Marxist language there ;)) by the taking of the knee, the stance of Gareth Southgate and the players has increased the respect of many people north of the border. I include myself in this. Usually we like to see England go out and dread the thought of them winning anything, but it wouldn't be too bad this time around, because this England team represent the better parts of the country. Their stance on taking the knee in the face of criticism from some fans, the media and politicians has been fantastic. While I'm sure the right-wing will try to use an England victory for their own agenda, this England team has been inclusive and courageous in standing up to that nonsense. 

I genuinely wish England all the best on Wednesday, though I'll still be supporting Denmark :D

24 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

While I'm sure the right-wing will try to use an England victory for their own agenda,

Yep. That's the one downside in it all for me. Looking forward to the 'it was Brexit/BoJo wot won it!' style headlines... But I think the best we can do is win it (or at least give it 100%) whilst continuing to **** off the morons who boo the taking of the knee etc.

1 hour ago, mark1985 said:

Yep. That's the one downside in it all for me. Looking forward to the 'it was Brexit/BoJo wot won it!' style headlines... But I think the best we can do is win it (or at least give it 100%) whilst continuing to **** off the morons who boo the taking of the knee etc.

Even though it's a squad full of players with dual nationalities. Sterling: born in Jamaica. Sancho: parents from Trinidad. Rice and Grealish: former Irish internationals.

9 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Even though it's a squad full of players with dual nationalities. Sterling: born in Jamaica. Sancho: parents from Trinidad. Rice and Grealish: former Irish internationals.

Those kind of people probably aren't aware that we all qualify for other nations down the line somewhere but then a small bit of common sense is silly to expect from certain types.

31 minutes ago, Hazzaj said:

Genuinely feel there's a significant portion of the hard 'anti-woke' Tory lot that would be secretly be fuming if England won the title, imply because their success would go against their narrative of what England should be in their eyes.

The idea of an England team that knelt for a 'Marxist' cause, wearing rainbow armbands, publicly defending openly gay fans, led by a soft-spoken, thoughtful and sensitive manager who regularly espouses progressive values... not to mention that it includes Raheem Sterling of all people as one of its heroes... it might just make some of their tiny heads explode.

In any case, I think the current England team represents one of the most positive mainstream views of England going, and I don't think we should be afraid to get behind it for fear of a few fashy-types trying to cling onto its success by its coattails.

Absolutely spot on 👍

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

What a ****ing stupid question to ask.

I miss when "it's coming home" was about us hosting a tournament in England, not **** banter.

"Did NOT like being asked"... :D he just answered it smartly.

I used to love 3 lions, become ****ing sick of it since 2018.

It is a remarkably stupid question to basically be asking "what would it mean to stop another team winning it?" when I'm sure they're a hell of a lot more focused on, you know, wanting to win it for themselves ffs

Just now, Pukey said:

It is a remarkably stupid question to basically be asking "what would it mean to stop another team winning it?" when I'm sure they're a hell of a lot more focused on, you know, wanting to win it for themselves ffs

Not even factoring in that he's got loads of mates in the England squad, so I'm pretty sure he'd be happy for England to win it if Denmark didn't.

6 minutes ago, Pukey said:

90% of questions that players and managers get asked are asinine. 

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

90% of questions that players and managers get asked are asinine. 

Oh absolutely, but it's incredible to take a really boring question ("how would it feel to win?" - er, pretty good, the **** do you want them to say?) and to turn it into something somehow even more stupid.

‘Yes well we’re going to go out and intentionally cripple all of their best players. We’ll inevitably end up having our own players sent off and lose the game, but we’re confident the loss of their best players will ensure they lose the final and we will have prevented football coming home.’

Can we take a moment to say bravo to Baptista for owning this and taking it as a good sport. So many people like myself take themselves so seriously on the internet so it's nice to see someone with a bit of self deprecatiing humour. Unless I have missed something and a mod has enforced a profile change. :D

image.png.d017d6e18d2c1f3d80280a988c7aedfe.png

41 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

Can we take a moment to say bravo to Baptista for owning this and taking it as a good sport. So many people like myself take themselves so seriously on the internet so it's nice to see someone with a bit of self deprecatiing humour. Unless I have missed something and a mod has enforced a profile change. :D

Fairly sure it's a mod

1 hour ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

20 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Fairly sure it's a mod

Yep, well actually it's something only admins can do :D

Just now, deltablue said:

Yep, well actually it's something only admins can do :D

Well played then to whoever it was. :thup:

13 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

What a great bunch of players we have. 

When a generation of boomer men like Morgan have piled on her calling her a loser etc it’s great to see big young players backing her. 

Some great replies there and more on Twitter and then you have Piers Morgan with his take.

I can't stand that *****.  

44 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Some great replies there and more on Twitter and then you have Piers Morgan with his take.

I can't stand that *****.  

****ing incredible he has the gall to attack a young player for "not being able to handle it" when he cries about ****ing everything from not being invited to a wedding to people calling out his ********. Guy's the ultimate snowflake. 

12 minutes ago, Pukey said:

****ing incredible he has the gall to attack a young player for "not being able to handle it" when he cries about ****ing everything from not being invited to a wedding to people calling out his ********. Guy's the ultimate snowflake. 

Didn't he quit live on TV after someone pushed back on his ********? "not being able to handle it" indeed :D 

Have cut a section from that football mix I mentioned the other day and also added Atomic Kitten to the end of it, It's not actually made by me I'll add.

Download, turn it up and push play.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ce8Be7eJAN5fOGnpT2oO9nI20JXaTqKE/view?usp=sharing

Ant & Dec - "We're On The Ball"    
4-4-2 - "Come On England"    
Andy Williams - "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"    
(TV Theme) - "Match Of The Day"    
Fat Les - "Vindaloo"    
EnglandNewOrder - "World in Motion"    
Baddiel & Skinner & The Lightning Seeds - "Three Lions '98"    
2 Unlimited - "Get Ready For This"    
The Monkees - "Daydream Believer"    
Fatboy Slim - "Right Here Right Now"    
Blur - "Song 2"    
The 5.6.7.8's - "Woo Hoo"