Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Tune in Sunday afternoon for another episode of SCR predicts the Euros 

We’re 100% so far baby

We're all on tenterhooks. We're all waiting for the oracle to speak. The sofa no longer has any more edge left to sit onto and... 

SCR "Italy win it 1-0"

**** sake. 

3 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

This attitude is utterly perplexing to me. How is getting to a final more important than winning it? Why do so many English fans insist the big hurt is not getting there for fifty years rather than not winning anything? Trust me, a lost final absolutely sucks, and it's nothing that's ever a cherished memory.

That's how we saw the 2004 as well. Oh, to be a minnow :D 

Well that's the point, people under the age of 60 don't know what it's like to lose anything but semi-finals or earlier :D Getting over that hurdle and making a final is such a massive mental thing for the team, and honestly the entire nation.

We'll start another countdown about 18 months of hurt if we lose, just in time for the WC

1 minute ago, InigoPatinkin said:

He has loads of games in between, he gets lambasted on here loads for missing a few passes when he assisted the winning goal and score the equaliser. I've never seen a player so obviously and consistently productive get constantly underrated because he passes erratically a couple of times a match. 

We had a guy who rated him every game last season in the United thread and came out with an average match rating of below 6, in a season where he scored 28 goals and 18 assists. 

I think the Bruno thing is people trying to be too smart.

Arsenal fans started to do it with Alexis. Scoring goals but people wanted him dropped because his pass percentage were low.

Look at the many England fans and pundits that wanted Sterling dropped because he doesn't do anything apart from scoring and creating goals

5 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

This might be the only England final any of us ever see, so enjoy it, remember it, make a day of it.

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Number 2 here :cool:

To be fair I don’t remember much. I know we were meant to go on holiday the day before but we didn’t go because the holiday caravan didn’t have a tv.

Apart from that…..my Dad being very very very happy and extremely racist are my only memories

7 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

Just because one of them didn't run over and kick it out of play in the middle of an English attack doesn't mean they didn't notice it. Also doesn't mean it didn't impact play. The game should have been slowed or stopped (long before it got to that point) for it to be kicked out. Poor officiating, whether it actually impacted the play or not. 

What would have been dreadful officiating would have been to stop a developing attack because of another ball everyone was ignoring.

In questo momento, The_jagster ha scritto:

I would much rather lose a final that get knocked out in the semis, you still make a day of it and it doesn't hurt for that long.

You say?

In 1994 I refused to eat for 2 days.

In 2000 I refused to eat for 3 days.

In 2012 I haven't spoken to anyone for 4 days.

And it's not my intention to begin with Juve...

1 minute ago, The_jagster said:

I would much rather lose a final that get knocked out in the semis, you still make a day of it and it doesn't hurt for that long.

i can testify for that in non league standard - got to a county cup final, lost didn't care much in the strip club that evening. semi's, the 'wonder' is always there

7 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Don't know about England specific thoughts but generally losing a final hurts much more surely? 

Took me the entire summer to begin to get over our playoff final defeat to Fulham.

9 minutes ago, Mawka said:

Even 1st half but england played better for the rest of the game, in spite of the fact that i think was no penalty at all. Just hope in the final the ref will pay attention to sterling the diver. good luck for both but i'm rooting for the best team in the euro Italy ofc. I just would like to know why the semis and final had to be played at wembley that was a good move from UEFA... 

Alan Partridge Fuck Off GIF - AlanPartridge FuckOff Pissed GIFs

8 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Don't know about England specific thoughts but generally losing a final hurts much more surely? 

Not sure, but I've still never got over Wolves losing the FA Cup semi-final.

1 minute ago, Anthrax Dave said:

I wonder how many people are going to be "off sick" on Monday, regardless of the result!

If firms have any sense they’ll be sticking in plans tomorrow to be closed

In questo momento, ginnybob ha scritto:

I'd like to say I'd be happier losing a final but quite frankly I'd be lying. Not that I've experienced many finals in my lifetime. And that's probably what it comes down to if you don't get to experience it very often. 

It changes nothing. A final is a final.

You're gonna win this anyway, don't worry. It's in the air, you can breath it.

I just don't think it matters that much either way.

It's only England. I'd love it if we win on Sunday, but I reckon City losing a random league/2nd tier (i.e. FA) cup game would hurt more than England losing a Euro final.

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

I'd like to say I'd be happier losing a final but quite frankly I'd be lying. Not that I've experienced many finals in my lifetime. And that's probably what it comes down to if you don't get to experience it very often. 

I’ve only really Saints experiences to relate too, and I have to say the 3 finals I’ve seen us lose hurt a **** sight more than the semi ones did.

Mind you that fact is tilted by not turning up against Arsenal and lying down like a dying dog, and being robbed against Man U by an inept linesman

What a win! :)

I've never experienced a cup final before - World Cup Semi finals and FA Cup/Europa League quarter finals is as good as it gets :cool: losing in the World Cup semi took time to get over though.

It was gutting whenever Sheff Utd lost a playoff final, which are the only finals I know of, but I kind of expected it. Even the Huddersfield one which went to goalies taking pens I just knew it in my gut.

I care so much more about England doing well than my club though, as we can actually hope to win big, actual, tangible stuff. Blades will almost certainly never win a PL title or a major trophy so I kind of accept it.

Losing a final hurts like a *****. 

The main reason is that you have those other guys across the stadium celebrating, knowing that this is it, there's nothing more. They've done it. 

It's like playing on an arcade machine as a kid, having to go through several levels until the final boss. You struggle, you reach a couple of insert coin moments, but you keep advancing. Then you reach the boss. And you're out of coins... Hurts a lot, you dwell on it for a week till you return back to the machine. 

Right i'm off to bed. Win or lose Sunday I will still bloody love this team. Every single one of them. Represent the nicer side of this country which we don't see enough off in other aspects of society.

Heroes the lot of them. 

Edit: and obviously not just the players. Southgate, Steve Holland, Chrisy Powell, the Newcastle bloke, Thomas Muller. Utter legends.

Edited by skybluedave

28 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

What were you expecting? :D 

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Tbf, there's people dancing on the roofs of buses in central London. And it's gridlocked

That sounds a bit more like it. 

• Administrators

Well I don't know where the last few hours of my life have gone. Screamed and shouted so much during the game it scared my dog :D 

For at least an hour after the game there was nothing but car horns going off outside.  Just absolutely amazing and this is better than 3 years ago because there was a sense of expectation this time compared to back then. 

Still pinching myself and can't quite believe it. Moved to tears when the final whistle came as I really never thought I'd see the day and when Denmark scored earlier in the game, I just thought history was repeating itself.

I will be gutted if we don't win the thing now of course. Italy game is another I can see going 120 minutes or more even.

Absolutely buzzing. Soft penalty as well to give and to take like that, but I don't care as it's gone in and we've won :D 

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Tbf, there's people dancing on the roofs of buses in central London. And it's gridlocked

1 hour ago, XuluBak said:

That sounds a bit more like it. 

Unlikely to happen down Wembley Way to be fair :D