When's the BETA out speculation thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Yup. Miles adding features to FM22 that already exist. Struggle is real.

As an IT-guy, Miles has my full sympathies here. Stuff just happens and I don't want to know how much legacy code or weird naming conventions from earlier versions are still present. I just hope they didn't get the full Pip-experience of writing EVERYTHING anew and instead just fixed some quirks. Maybe something like how it gets scheduled when the day is already filled?

1 minute ago, Piperita said:

As an IT-guy, Miles has my full sympathies here. Stuff just happens and I don't want to know how much legacy code or weird naming conventions from earlier versions are still present. I just hope they didn't get the full Pip-experience of writing EVERYTHING anew and instead just fixed some quirks. Maybe something like how it gets scheduled when the day is already filled?

The game already does this either seeing them back in training tomorrow or giving them a day off it changes the training schedule filled or not.

38 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Not that I recall doing, you could only do meetings at the start/end of season or before title deciders/cup finals.

That said we have had other team meetings in the past so could be a rehash of that...

I was reffering to other tweet, about training tomorrow after a bad game.

But first tweet is a new feature though.

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

It's been too long since anyone posted a Chuck Norris gif.  So I'm putting that right now.

GritTV fight fire mad action GIF

If you want a fun time with Chuck Norris, then watch his new add for Aker. I won't spoil too much, but he does ride a killer whale among wind turbines... And, YES, that ad really goes on Norwegian TV currently.

Climate action hero: Norwegians sign up Chuck Norris for energy transition  ad | Recharge

1 hour ago, Bakiano said:

I was reffering to other tweet, about training tomorrow after a bad game.

But first tweet is a new feature though.

Yeah, but this is a separate team meeting where I assume there’s back and forth, not just a standard post match team talk

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

The warning was already in the game, they just added the option to pass it over to the assistant

Are you sure, I’m pretty sure I’ve accidentally skipped half time team talks? Or was that not this year? I know it warms you at the end of games… I’m confused

Edited by gunner86

3 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Are you sure, I’m pretty sure I’ve accidentally skipped half time team talks? Or was that not this year? I know it warms you at the end of games… I’m confused

Hmm the screenshot is from the end of a match, why did you think miles is talking about half time?

6 hours ago, Platinum said:

Hmm the screenshot is from the end of a match, why did you think miles is talking about half time?

Probably the bit where he says “you’ll never skip a half time chat again” :brock:

To be fair, I didn’t look at the screenie in detail, I also don’t get much sleep these days…

17 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Skipping team talk warning is a much needed change

Once read it somewhere that Guardiola at Bayern never really talked to players before match because he trusted them so much, and had team talks only at half time and at the end. I wonder if I were to do that in FM would that have negative consequences? The game considers it as "silent treatment" so I am guessing it is not a good thing.

35 minutes ago, robot_skeleton said:

Once read it somewhere that Guardiola at Bayern never really talked to players before match because he trusted them so much, and had team talks only at half time and at the end. I wonder if I were to do that in FM would that have negative consequences? The game considers it as "silent treatment" so I am guessing it is not a good thing.

I guess the middle ground would be using the one that’s something like “I have nothing to add, you know what to do” but I’m not sure I recall seeing that pre-match…