*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

The difference between good and bad teams is a LOT more noticeable now. I've gone from managing Newcastle and spending £500m on the world's best players to the French 3rd division and the change is quality is massive. There are so many more missed passes, bad crosses, stupid mistakes etc at this level just like it should be. I never thought the difference was this noticeable before. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Didnt notice you mentioned that. Have you asked the agent for more info?

Mate if I was managing a smaller club with poor scouting staff (with say a poor knowledge of the country) or in another country all together I could *maybe*accept ranges being out prior to speaking to agents etc, however when I'm I high rated manager with an absolute first class staff, I don't need to ask the agent of Richarlison or Alisson are £300 million players.

Most folk in any given pub in the UK could tell you that !

I'm fine with the concept of value ranges, but right now the implementation (coupled with the usual EPL bias/inflation) it's largely useless and just adds numerous steps to find out a players value. 

Tell me, do you think any manager in the EPL or any other to league in Europe needs to speak to Emerson Royal's agent to know he's not a £170m player ?

Do you think it adds to the game having to ask every players agent his value because the game sets them at silly values ?

Should i report this as a bug ? can't see the ball when playing live games (in my Belgium test save). ball is blue , not white.

If i see old reports again and watch the highlights, the ball is white. live the ball isn't visible at all.

ce2cdd9fcc18782f1095de2ea70bf1a1.png

image.png.6d9b0cc7339000b368953f0ad316ea12.png

677e6a1a3298925a27be7aca7f858814.png

ball behind goal in live (sideline camera) isn't visible..

Edited by OlivierL

6 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

In the past Richarlison would've had a value of 50m, with Everton asking 300m if you wanted to sign him and people would've yelled how that was unrealistic. Before that he would've just been straight up not for sale, which then people complained about that it's unrealistic because "everyone has a price". Now he has a range for what a club that has no interest in selling him would expect and it's bad because it's way too high. So should they go just go back for hard "he's not for sale"?

If a player has a transfer value way beyond what you want to pay for him simply... don't buy him? And if you really want to buy him, then work for it. Go unsettle the guy, make him your top target, attend his matches and make him want to leave.

Yea nothing really change but cosmetically and some mechanics that includes scouting and a player's agent. The writing is there clear as day to why a player's value is inflated...They really dont want to sell.

Winter you get the note that the team really don't want to move the player mid season and you also get the note that a player is perceived to have high potential.

Generally impressed with the Beta but there are definitely a few problems with the match engine, mainly the possession thing which I've seen discussed previously having very quickly searched the topic for it.

I'm about 15 games into a season with Liverpool, I've won every game bar one draw in a Champions League group game and have usually scored 3-4 goals and conceded about three in total, battering most opponents, however I barely ever get more than 50% possession. It's usually between 40% and 48%. Watching the matches on Comprehensive Highlights shows my team basically battering the opposition and the opposition having fairly minimal joy in creating chances or spells of pressure most of the time, which suggests that the opposition teams in the game are spending a colossal amount of time knocking the ball around at the back, and by extension, that aggressive pressing (which I'm using) is not effective. You'd expect a dominant team playing in an aggressive, high pressing manner to average somewhere close to 60% of possession against most opponents, and usually to be in the 55-65% range if they're not playing opposition of comparable quality.

I'd also add that long range shots seem to be slightly overpowered. I've bought Sergei Milinkovic-Savic, and while he's got 15 for long shots and 16 for technique, the five goals he's scored from outside the box in 13 starts - most of them absolute screamers - seems excessive. I'm saying this despite the fact that I love nothing more than seeing one of my players slamming it into the top corner at about 80mph from 30-35 yards, because in general in the game, a few too man screamers seem to go in.

Those are my main observations. Other than that, Erling Haaland (whom I've also brought) doesn't seem to be such a good finisher in the game because Shoots With Power is one of his Preferred Moves. I don't watch a lot of real-world football these days but if he really does shoot with so much power and yet maintain the scoring record he has, it suggests that the Shoots With Power move is too much of a disadvantage in the game relative to real life.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Yea nothing really change but cosmetically and some mechanics that includes scouting and a player's agent. The writing is there clear as day to why a player's value is inflated...They really dont want to sell.

Winter you get the note that the team really don't want to move the player mid season and you also get the note that a player is perceived to have high potential.

even that stuff hasnt changed/improved. they've simply taken stuff that's always been in the game for those things, and made a few extra button clicks to get to it. 

On 06/11/2021 at 04:31, Vicente14 said:

Is it just me or do players wildly overreact to broken promises?

Nope, one of my players had a tantrum because i refused to sell him for 4 million instead of his promised price of 16 million which he agreed to. AI offers seem ridiculous this year when interacting with a human player anyway. I havent played much but i can never seem to get a fair transfer offer for someone i dont want to sell

6 hours ago, LoneIbex said:

Other than that, Erling Haaland (whom I've also brought) doesn't seem to be such a good finisher in the game because Shoots With Power is one of his Preferred Moves.

I am playing as Dortmund and Harland was superb and scored a bucket load of goals as an AF and second season City paid £191M for him and he wanted to go so I got as much as I could for him. When he got the ball in the box he usually scored except for a small spell near end of season when we were fighting for the title.

9 hours ago, Britrock said:

The difference between good and bad teams is a LOT more noticeable now. I've gone from managing Newcastle and spending £500m on the world's best players to the French 3rd division and the change is quality is massive. There are so many more missed passes, bad crosses, stupid mistakes etc at this level just like it should be. I never thought the difference was this noticeable before. 

glad to read this aimgo

On 05/11/2021 at 09:50, Metal said:

Lucca has 17-18 heading so he should be scoring headers like there's no tomorrow.

I don't think heading is broken, rather there is an over tendency for the teams to go wide and whip in crosses rather than probing through the middle more, but I think this has been addressed

my team are tactically  tweaked to play through middle i am seeing alot of crossing / goals corners are creating far too many goals for me

54 minutes ago, Domathon said:

my team are tactically  tweaked to play through middle i am seeing alot of crossing / goals corners are creating far too many goals for me

You need to stretch the pitch and create space down the centre then.

I honestly don't understand this weird fetish some people have for ONLY wanting to see goals from throughballs.

There's a great video on YouTube by Xavi explaining his tactical philosophy I recommend the people who think the ME is broken go watch it. The long and short of it though is the wide space is as important as the central when trying to play down the middle.

Which the ME actual does a decent job of recreating IMO.

I am going to repeat a post I made earlier in this thread- pleas read, understand and action it . before further action needs to be taken.

The feedback thread is opened after every major game or update launch to enable the developers to quickly gauge the user's reactions and note the good, the not so good and the bad, which helps in their development cycle.  What they don't really want in this thread ( as mentioned in the opening post ) is users having discussions, particularly about the ME and tactics during which new feedback can sometimes get swamped.  It is appreciated that the users are trying to help and answer questions but the top 5 users in this thread already have over 225 posts between them and as this happens every time it does cause some issues for SI.

So a quick general request to the regular users in here to have a think before posting to ensure that this thread and the full game feedback thread when it comes out will be used for the purpose for which it was opened and not as a discussion platform.

14 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I signed an 18 year old Icelandic player on a free for my development squad. Not 10 days after signing he came and said he needed to leave because he wanted to play international football and we weren't a big enough club for that to happen...he hasn't kicked a ball yet for the club.

Its a joke.

Don't report it in here- report it in the relevant Bugs forum and it will get looked at.

51 minutes ago, Domathon said:

It may very well be that your play is focused down the middle, but this does not stop crossing, just makes it less common. When it's less common, opposition teams focus less on hard pressing and marking your wingers, often giving them more success in cross attempts when they do happen. Crosses have been one of the easier methods in FM to score, particularly in the last few years, as they've increased the abilities of goalkeepers to deal with other threats.

If you want your forwards to score well without crosses, you need to train your strikers to be able to do so. If you're playing a direct game, and your strikers get a lot of one on ones against the keeper, you might want to choose to give them the ability to round the keeper or lob the keeper. If you choose round, they will sidestep the keeper and get a chance to strike. If you choose lob, they'll chip it over the keeper. Otherwise they'll just fire it at the keeper, wasting a chance. If you play a more patient game, and frequently get your strikers inside the zone, with both teammates and opponents everywhere, and the keeper standing in the net, places shots might help. If they get the opportunity to do so, they'll chip it into one of the corners, instead of firing it at the keeper. There's also things you can do with long shot guys that can be really effective

My current team has two strikers, two inside forwards, and two mezzalas handling the offense. No crossing, but just got promoted and now leading the division with three times the goal difference of the nearest team. Out of the 27 goals the team has made in 10 matches, only one has come from a cross, and that's the only one I've seen attempted. I even have "be more expressive" turned on, which can lead to nutty things like central defenders acting like strikers on occasion. I haven't tried playing as a wing play team just yet, but given the amount of successful crosses against me, it seems reasonably balanced. I will say I'm more inclined to stay at 4 in the rear these days, however, as trying 3 in the rear was a bit more sketchy than it may have once been. I actually find that more reasonable than before, where you could have a rock solid defense with just 3 CDs.

The rate of headed goals is so ridiculous in this BETA that I've had to put the game down to wait for the full release. When your centre back is scoring hat-tricks from corners and Griezmann can't hit a barn door, something is very wrong.

7 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

The rate of headed goals is so ridiculous in this BETA that I've had to put the game down to wait for the full release. When your centre back is scoring hat-tricks from corners and Griezmann can't hit a barn door, something is very wrong.

Dont get many headers at all . Maybe we should swap

23 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

Is it me or is it that whenever a manager switches their preferred formation it’s to a 4-2-3-1? If it isn’t just me then I think it was a problem in FM21 too

It was and it is again. And i have opened a thread on the Bugs forum about it but the SI staff member who responded said it was a database issue when it's clearly not.

Maybe you can start your own thread in the bugs tracker since i feel this is a bug

Edited by andu1

14 hours ago, Britrock said:

Agree- is very noticable how better players move the ball around faster, and also in tighter congested situations use the ball.

26 minutes ago, andu1 said:

It was and it is again. And i have opened a thread on the Bugs forum about it but the SI staff member who responded said it was a database issue when it's clearly not.

Maybe you can start your own thread in the bugs tracker since i feel this is a bug

Will do, this is 100% a bug because their second preferred formation is also 4-2-3-1 like your post said 

2 hours ago, Prepper_Jack said:

It may very well be that your play is focused down the middle, but this does not stop crossing, just makes it less common. When it's less common, opposition teams focus less on hard pressing and marking your wingers, often giving them more success in cross attempts when they do happen. Crosses have been one of the easier methods in FM to score, particularly in the last few years, as they've increased the abilities of goalkeepers to deal with other threats.

If you want your forwards to score well without crosses, you need to train your strikers to be able to do so. If you're playing a direct game, and your strikers get a lot of one on ones against the keeper, you might want to choose to give them the ability to round the keeper or lob the keeper. If you choose round, they will sidestep the keeper and get a chance to strike. If you choose lob, they'll chip it over the keeper. Otherwise they'll just fire it at the keeper, wasting a chance. If you play a more patient game, and frequently get your strikers inside the zone, with both teammates and opponents everywhere, and the keeper standing in the net, places shots might help. If they get the opportunity to do so, they'll chip it into one of the corners, instead of firing it at the keeper. There's also things you can do with long shot guys that can be really effective

My current team has two strikers, two inside forwards, and two mezzalas handling the offense. No crossing, but just got promoted and now leading the division with three times the goal difference of the nearest team. Out of the 27 goals the team has made in 10 matches, only one has come from a cross, and that's the only one I've seen attempted. I even have "be more expressive" turned on, which can lead to nutty things like central defenders acting like strikers on occasion. I haven't tried playing as a wing play team just yet, but given the amount of successful crosses against me, it seems reasonably balanced. I will say I'm more inclined to stay at 4 in the rear these days, however, as trying 3 in the rear was a bit more sketchy than it may have once been. I actually find that more reasonable than before, where you could have a rock solid defense with just 3 CDs.

This. Its no surprise if the middle is being overloaded that the ball goes wide, it sounds counter-intuitive to creating centrally but overloading one or both wings helps in that regard. Do agree that crossing is perhaps a little OP but its so nice after 21 that when the ball goes wide and teams park the bus that we dont get successions of blocked crosses, and that SI listened to the criticism of this last year.

Edited by dunk105

12 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

Will do, this is 100% a bug because their second preferred formation is also 4-2-3-1 like your post said 

Indeed seems like a bug, if it wasn't there would be variation, like changing to a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 or a 5-3-2 but it's always 4-2-3-1.

47 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

isnt this just a confusion stemming from poor wording( semantics) ie, his original prefered tactic was 5231 route one with 2nd pref 4231 gegenpress and now his prefered tactic is 4231 route one with the 2nd pref remaining 4231 gegenpress.if you agree  tactic = playing style + formation therefore it should read his prefered tactic has changed to 4231 route one ?

If on the other-hand you are stating too many AI managers play 4231 then please ignore my previous mumblings. that's a completely different matter.

Edited by buddiemirren
update

maybe a minor bug, but its working in my favour.

I have Giovanni Reyna who is valued at £130m, has a release clause of £180m.

Man city have bid for him, he wants to speak to them and i've said not unless they match release clause. He gets upset saying they may lose interest and upon me saying i'll accept a reasonable bid, the game auto sets that to £280m which he gladly accepts :D 

I have accepted that wing play is the way to play for now as much as it bugs me.

However the game is unplayable right now. Players seem to have no concept that they are or have been injured. Players bursting your office door down to leave  because of 'lack of playing time' as as  soon as they return to light training - not even in a condition to play. They are unhappy before you even have a chance to play them . Where do you even start with that?

Edited by qwertygod

1 minute ago, qwertygod said:

I have accepted that wing play is the way to play for now as much as it bugs me.

However the game is unplayable right now. Players seem to have no concept that they are or have been injured. Players bursting your office door down to leave as as  soon as they return to light training - not even in a condition to play. They are unhappy before you even have a chance to play them . Where do you even start with that?

Have you reported this in the bug tracker? If not, then please do so.

34 minutes ago, qwertygod said:

Presumably there will be hundreds of reports of this already. I have looked back a few pages and every 2nd or 3rd post in this thread is the exact same thing.

Well, I would report it none the less, to make sure your specific issue is not a different variant than others.

I'm saying this because I've played for 9 seasons now, and I've had players ask for playing time once. I've had a few wanting new contracts, but nothing out of the normal. So this is not a general issue for everyone, so perhaps something in your save makes it happen more than in mine.

4 hours ago, Jaydenoren said:

Great since i feel it's a bit shocking since this also happened in FM 20 and FM 21

Very much enjoying the game so far, after not playing the last few editions. However:

Still cannot believe how it hasn't been fixed that some newly 18yr olds can come in and a few months later they already start jawing at me that they're not getting enough playing time or whatever and a talk with them will only escalate things further. I even have Discipline set at 20 and my guy has one of the highest reputations. And no, they didn't get the "Star Player" or "Important Player" status set with their contracts.

Also, one of my best players, who currently is on a contract without a release clause, is consistently asking for a new contract. Fair enough, since he's a better player than when he was signed. However, his agent nonstop has the "will allow the player to treat the club as a stepping stone" promise set a non-negotiable, so the new contract will have a release clause. Again, fair enough, kinda. So every time I walk away, my player gets annoyed that I walk away from the screen and tells me I broke a promise. When I need to talk to him, the only option is "I promised to make you an offer, it's not my fault that you rejected it. That's the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned". Surely you should be able to talk to the player and/or agent to talk about the release clause or whatever. At least give us the option, if he doesn't want to budge or negotiate a higher salary to remove the release clause, whatever, but it just seems like very lazy 'player interaction' development. Not to mention, the release clause is so laughably low that he would be gone instantly with the next transfer window. Useless.

All in all, absolutely loving the game for the most bit, but can't believe still loads of the player interaction stuff is still so lackluster.

5 hours ago, buddiemirren said:

isnt this just a confusion stemming from poor wording( semantics) ie, his original prefered tactic was 5231 route one with 2nd pref 4231 gegenpress and now his prefered tactic is 4231 route one with the 2nd pref remaining 4231 gegenpress.if you agree  tactic = playing style + formation therefore it should read his prefered tactic has changed to 4231 route one ?

If on the other-hand you are stating too many AI managers play 4231 then please ignore my previous mumblings. that's a completely different matter.

My original complaint was about too many managers switching to it but you could be right, I’ll still include it in the big report so  someone from SI will clear it up

2 hours ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Can't agree with that. Haaland misses 2 out of 3 penalties

Weird; wonder if it's league or morale specific then - though it's not just for my team, the opposition have not missed any pens either. My main taker has 13 for pens so no Haaland for sure )))

Ah yes, the famous defense first mentality that saw me score 100+ goals in the Bundesliga and got my manager the reputation off "playing entertaining football". Not my fault nobody bothers attacking me, so I don't concede anything!

afbeelding.png.dbf0334cc7179d83eaf798c70bd53735.png

Kinda curious how this happens though, my board is very satisfied with my attacking football, my reputation as a manager is that I play entertaining football so clearly the metrics for my "attacking football" should be there and yet press conference questions talk about my "defensive first" approach, simply because I play as Bayern and thus naturally don't concede a lot (at least in the Bundesliga).

49 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

My original complaint was about too many managers switching to it but you could be right, I’ll still include it in the big report so  someone from SI will clear it up

honestly, i'm at that point where i paid £40 for the game 2 weeks ago and i'm fed up with the idea that it's my responsibility to fix it. It's BROKEN, it's not a simulation, if it is it's a poor simulation. I stopped playing days ago. I honestly prefered CM92 . You're all entitled to your own opinion but i'm done. I dont want to even defend my opinion anymore. Y'all have fun xxx

It's also a beta. It's not the complete version. The main point of the beta is to roll the game out in the wild, so early players can find bugs and help SI get as many if them them fixed as possible for the official released.

But a certain section of the FM community seem to believe that the beta is just "getting the game early", and that they expect it to be in a 'finished' state from the outset.

If you're finding major bugs in the beta, and you're not reporting them, you're part of the problem.

26 minutes ago, CFuller said:

It's also a beta. It's not the complete version. The main point of the beta is to roll the game out in the wild, so early players can find bugs and help SI get as many if them them fixed as possible for the official released.

But a certain section of the FM community seem to believe that the beta is just "getting the game early", and that they expect it to be in a 'finished' state from the outset.

If you're finding major bugs in the beta, and you're not reporting them, you're part of the problem.

dont make us testers pay £40 for the privilge of fixing your game then

btw, i'm the problem? ffs

You're actually trying to suggest that it's the people who buy the games fault that it's not better than it is.

Edited by buddiemirren
update

12 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I did and the person from SI QA looked like he had no idea of what i was talking about although the thread is quite clear IMO.

So anyone noticed dream teams being nothing but players from the top 2 teams?

afbeelding.png.8474044f61873216b3f73963d0438567.png

Literally just Liverpool and Bayern players in the CL (the two finalists), meanwhile in the Bundesliga it was nothing but Bayern and Dortmund (Number 1 and 2) players.

In the individual awards Haaland is second, behind Lewandowski, yet Firmino is picked above him and Sarabia is third best midfielder, but doesn't get a place (although that might be due to Salah being ahead of him).

Edit: Also, I just realized that's HENDERSON as top RB. He never played there (at least as far back as I got Liverpool match records) and was playing CM as you'd expect, but... yeah best RB of the CL guys.

Edited by Freakiie

3 hours ago, buddiemirren said:

dont make us testers pay £40 for the privilge of fixing your game then

btw, i'm the problem? ffs

You're actually trying to suggest that it's the people who buy the games fault that it's not better than it is.

Careful buddy you get an infraction warning  for cursing even if it's an abbreviation or censored. Better to suppress your frustrations and wishes and instead just hope that we get our monies worth for the 30-40 pound spent for early access

Edited by Metal

I've put the game down because there are hardly any injuries, the crossing fetish is ridiculous, though I don't want them to go back to having the wingers and wingbacks running to the byline and shooting from impossible angles. Not to mention the lack of dribbling by players with 18+ dribbling ability.

What's the point of having skilful players and new dribbling animations if the players don't dribble  and make dazzling runs like they did in fm21? It's an absolutely wasted animations of players taking extra touches without any feints or dribbles.

Is there any point to training your player to knock the ball past opponent or run with ball more often when they only run into space rather than dribble past players

Edited by Metal