Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Harryseaess said:

Be interesting to see how they take the crown etc. off the coffin because they must be bolted on.

I believe only the Monarch, Archbishop of Canterbury (during the actual Coronation) and the Crown Jeweller can ever handle them. So in theory we could see Charles trying to take them off :).

However I believe (from Philip’s funeral) the platform the casket is resting will descend downwards to a private area. So I’m guessing the Jewels will be removed then?

3 minutes ago, hardeepR said:

I believe only the Monarch, Archbishop of Canterbury (during the actual Coronation) and the Crown Jeweller can ever handle them. So in theory we could see Charles trying to take them off :).

However I believe (from Philip’s funeral) the platform the casket is resting will descend downwards to a private area. So I’m guessing the Jewels will be removed then?

Someone seemed to be unbolting them during this hymn. Presume to allow Charles to remove easily when the time comes.

They’re to be moved to the three cushions on the altar you can see.

Edited by Harryseaess

3 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

Someone seemed to be unbolting them during this hymn. Presume to allow Charles to remove easily when the time comes.

They’re to be moved to the three cushions on the altar you can see.

Yep - makes sense as I would imagine that they would want the moving of the Crown Jewels to be a public act

Edited by hardeepR

Kind of feel for Charles, Anne and Edward here, my own mums funeral was one of the hardest days of my life but at least the funeral part was over by about midday and we spent the next 9+ hours in the pub drinking and able to relax a bit, going on this long feels almost cruel. 

4 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Kind of feel for Charles, Anne and Edward here, my own mums funeral was one of the hardest days of my life but at least the funeral part was over by about midday and we spent the next 9+ hours in the pub drinking and able to relax a bit, going on this long feels almost cruel. 

Apparently at around half 7 they have a service with just the family in the chapel where she'll be entombed so it doesn't even end after this committal service for them. 

Edited by Drazkul

Just now, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Love how there's no back story or explanation for the crown, it's just a ****ing nice crown the king/queen wears.

"... and the crown, because... ya know, that's what kings and queens wear. What do you expect? A party hat?"