[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

48 minutes ago, keysi said:

I think this response is the perfect example of how people can act when you reply you won't share the skin (or some panel/file) with them. Just because I decided to not share I'm not entitled to share it on social media...

I mentioned it in the past in several places and in the blog post too but there are too many "skin makers" who download all the skins around, merge them together and if they are clever enough rename the skin at least. I still remember when someone released his FM21 skin but when you downloaded and extracted it, the skin name was "FM20 Rensie skin".

I learned a lot from many people here and I think we would all mention the same or very similar people. And I'm grateful I started asking here because without it I would learn nothing. If I'm really sad about something it's the fact that it's still only a beta version but some individuals take the FM22 skin, change the version number in the config and release it as a new skin. And they absolutely don't care about changing gaps, IDs or whole files. The person properties.xml file is a fantastic example as it contains the new statistics, for example. I know it's mainly because I'm a perfectionist but the main thing I did in the previous days since the beta version was released, was not to create something special or new, but I mainly checked what is wrong and what I have to update with the default panels/code/IDs to fix small details of what was working already.

This is absolutely fantastic small piece of FM world and it's great how several people are able to help here every day.

Stay strong, everyone.

For what it's worth, it's actually your skin that I've used the last couple of years and pushed me to to try and create my own, and learn the process behind it. That's either a blessing or a curse, I'm not sure yet! Either way though, thank you - it's a part of the game I would have never touched otherwise. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skinners have, for far too long, got unnecessary hate towards them. They release a free add which for the most part is an amazing asset to the game and a lot of people believe they are owed something when it’s downloaded. Just entitled. 

Last year on this forum in particular, there were quite a few “pests” just nagging and asking for the work of some rather than actually spending the time to figure it out themselves. It got so bloody annoying. Some would even change the default text just to get a reply. 

personally, if I was a skinner, I would make requests or fixes they may need behind a paywall. But that’s me. 

1 hour ago, MattyEssTTV said:

personally, if I was a skinner, I would make requests or fixes they may need behind a paywall. But that’s me. 

would just kill the modding scene off entirely tbh. it's not like skinning is a thing that has easy guides and is easy to pick up, it's not, if one person started paywalling stuff, everyone else would follow suit, and you'd end up like other games with essentially a closed ecosystem you need to buy in to

6 hours ago, MattyEssTTV said:

1. I always said I don't want money for something that's available for free for everyone.

2. I got a lot of donations during last three years and I always send them to some charity because of what I said above.

17 horas atrás, hrmantovani disse:

How can I change this? I feel like there's space for 9 boxes instead of 6...

image.png.d7620662ecb9911ca3c01f8643eb8b0b.png

Did you manage to change and increase the number of boxes, mate? If so, if you can share the magic please.

I ALWAYS had this same feeling but never managed to accomplish it or find the correct file.

12 minutes ago, lugui said:

Did you manage to change and increase the number of boxes, mate? If so, if you can share the magic please.

I ALWAYS had this same feeling but never managed to accomplish it or find the correct file.

Yes you can in the competition overview panel

add another row of three just copy the container above and change the type="18" numbers to others.  (i did have a list but cant find it) it will pull through other stats

10 minutos atrás, wkdsoul disse:

add another row of three just copy the container above and change the type="18" numbers to others.  (i did have a list but cant find it) it will pull through other stats

Fantastic, thanks for the direction, i've been lost this whole time. I'll try as soon as I can.

Sorry if it sounds silly, but will I be able to even if I use a personal and custom skin on lower screen resolution? I play on laptop 1366x768, was affraid things wouldn't "fit" on screen.

Edited by lugui

Just now, lugui said:

Fantastic, thanks for the direction, i've been lost this whole time. I'll try as soon as I can.

Sorry if it sounds silly, but will I be able to even if I use a lower skin/screen resolution? I play on laptop 1366x768, was affraid things won't "fit" on screen.

should be enough space, you can adjust the box heights so its under the 3rd player without the gap. 

3 minutos atrás, wkdsoul disse:

should be enough space, you can adjust the box heights so its under the 3rd player without the gap. 

Got it, it does make sense. I'll play around with the file and see how I do, thanks again!

1 hora atrás, wkdsoul disse:

I found it, but I also don't know where to look for the types... The ones I know right now is:

• Goals = type 2
  • Assists = type 5
  • Average rating = type 27
  • MOTMs = type 12
  • Clean sheets = type 20
  • Yellow cards = type 10

I'll probably have to try all to build a list when I get the time

Edited by hrmantovani

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

Also, was here to post this.. thoughts? 

I like it, thinks it helps compartmentalise each stat grouping, although personally, I think it needs the pitch to be drawn underneath.

11 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I like it, thinks it helps compartmentalise each stat grouping, although personally, I think it needs the pitch to be drawn underneath.

Yeat i'll figure the graphic out later, get a normal pitch or the juego de posicion lines under it.. 

Changes seem to be slowing down, which I hope is an indicator that I'm almost done.  The player's name has returned to the profile header, mainly so I could add a archetype underneath (Assistant Manager's Opinion of Player's Playing Style & Assistant Manager's Opinion of Player's Best Role).  I'm hoping this will be a nice little helping-hand in this attribute-obscured approach.

image.thumb.png.2e7b38c1d359b74bee948adc93b92b7e.png

Talking of attribute-obscured; most attribute screens have been removed (Player overview sub-menu, comparison screen, inbox training items, etc...) but they're still visible in some areas using the graphic approach I used last year.  Obviously you can customise squad views to show attributes, and I'll probably be doing this to allow me to track development outside of the game (I've written a little script inside Google Sheets to create a baseline for each player in the groupings on the attribute polygons, and it will then measure improvement/regression against that baseline and report back on significant changes all without me having to actually see the individual attributes).  I also think that it's going to be useful to be able to discern some element of player ability when it comes to Set Pieces, Captains, etc...

image.png.09553758577cdcbf367c6c795cf51e77.png

7 horas atrás, wkdsoul disse:

I think this is the list. For some reason some types show as appearances so I left them out.

TYPE | STAT NAME   TYPE | STAT NAME   TYPE | STAT NAME   TYPE | STAT NAME
1 | Appearances   35 | Conceded/90   79 | Passes attempted   109 | Non penalty xG
2 | Goals scored   45 | Starting appearances   80 | Passes attempted/90   110 | Non penalty xG/90
3 | Goals allowed   46 | Shots   81 | Key passes/90   111 | Open play expected assists
4 | Penalties   47 | Shots on target   82 | Crosses attempted   112 | Key headers/90
5 | Assists   48 | Saves held   83 | Crosses attempted/90   113 | Chances created/90
6 | Team goals   49 | Saves parried   84 | Fouls   114 | Goal mistakes/90
7 | Teams goals allowed   51 | Contested headers   85 | Fouled   115 | Saves held/90
8 | Games won   52 | Headers won   86 | Fouls/90   116 | Saves tipped/90
9 | Games lost   53 | Shots blocked   87 | Fouled/90   117 | Saves parried/90
10 | Yellow cards   54 | Chances created   88 | Possession lost/90   118 | Expected goals prevented/90
11 | Red cards   55 | Conversion rate %   89 | Tackles attempted   119 | Clean sheets/90
12 | Player of the match   57 | Penalties saved   90 | Tackles attempted/90   120 | Offsides/90
13 | Pass completion %   62 | Dribbles made   91 | Tackles won %   121 | Shots blocked defending/90
14 | Tackles/90   63 | Tackles won   92 | Interceptions/90   122 | Free kick goals/90
15 | Dribbles/90   64 | Blocks   93 | Possession won/90   123 | Crosses completed/90
16 | Shots on target %   65 | Free kick goals   94 | Blocks/90   124 | Passes completed/90
17 | Distance covered   66 | Possession lost   95 | Headers won/90   125 | Key tackles/90
18 | Distance/90   67 | Possession won   96 | Clearances/90   126 | Progressive passes
19 | Average minutes per goal   68 | Expected goals   97 | Headers attempted/90   127 | High intensity sprints
20 | Shutouts   69 | Expected assists   98 | Expected goals conceded/90   128 | Pressures attempted
21 | Offside   70 | Clearances   99 | Penalty save %   129 | Pressures completed
22 | Cross completion %   71 | Save percentage %   100 | Saves/90   130 | Penalties scored %
23 | Key passes   72 | Goals/90   101 | Passes completed   131 | Open play key passes
24 | Key tackles   73 | Assists/90   102 | Crosses completed   132 | High intensity sprints/90
25 | Key headers   74 | Expected goals/90   104 | Expected saves/90   133 | Open play key passes/90
26 | Interceptions made   75 | Expected assists/90   105 | Expected save %   134 | Progressive passes/90
27 | Average rating   76 | Shots/90   106 | Expected goals prevented   135 | Open play expected assists/90
29 | Mistakes leading to goal   77 | Shots on target/90   107 | xG Overperform   136 | Open play crosses attempted/90
30 | Headers won %   78 | Expected goals per shot   108 | xG Underperform   137 | Open play crosses completed/90
Edited by hrmantovani

On 26/10/2022 at 00:49, GIMN said:

I should've just listened to you from the off.  Name removed, and I'm much happier with it.  Ended up colour coding the stats (attacking, defensive, miscellaneous) and fleshing out use of an extra blue into the theme.  Made slight adjustments to the colour ranges, too.  Dynamics tab has been removed and morale moved into the Reports tab (might need to be renamed "Backroom" or something similar).

image.gif.71389cfdd0b1bf0d3a59a15c500ea9a4.gif

For players I don't manage, the backroom reports have been hidden, the coach report is replaced by the scout report (if scouted) or career milestones (not scouted), and the visualiser is replaced with general transfer value and transfer actions button (scout, make an offer, etc...).

Now just to do every other screen in the game.  Fingers crossed, I might be finished in time for FM24!

This is really nice.  Between what you are doing, Ben is doing and some others are doing it's very nice to see some different ideas on skins put in play.

8 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Also, was here to post this.. thoughts? 

To me it looks like it's missing something, but it's also one of those cases where that 'something' could be different from player to player...It's a very nice start for those of us that tend to be a bit more stat driven though.

1 hora atrás, Jellico73 disse:

@hrmantovani this list is going to come in quite handy for those of us who like to tinker...thanks for posting it

1 minuto atrás, statomatic7 disse:

@hrmantovaniand @lugui

Massive thanks for opening my eyes to this!! Thought it looked a bit bare!! Here is my overview screen I have managed to compile with your massive help.

Happy to help! It took me a lot of time to build the list but I think it's worth. I'm becoming more and more interested in the stat side of FM and it has opened lots of options to me. There are so many stats that I couldn't even pick only 9 to show, so I deleted the "injury table" and managed to fit 12 stats there. For future reference this is how it's looking right now.

image.thumb.png.667b1c4391a6826b3f79f9939dc99f0b.png

1 minute ago, hrmantovani said:

Happy to help! It took me a lot of time to build the list but I think it's worth. I'm becoming more and more interested in the stat side of FM and it has opened lots of options to me. There are so many stats that I couldn't even pick only 9 to show, so I deleted the "injury table" and managed to fit 12 stats there. For future reference this is how it's looking right now.

Love it!! and love me some stats.... thanks again for your help.

1 hour ago, hrmantovani said:

That looks fantastic. Is there any chance you could share that panel?

9 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

I think this is the list. For some reason some types show as appearances so I left them out.

1 | Appearances   35 | Conceded/90   79 | Passes attempted   109 | Non penalty xG
2 | Goals scored   45 | Starting appearances   80 | Passes attempted/90   110 | Non penalty xG/90
3 | Goals allowed   46 | Shots   81 | Key passes/90   111 | Open play expected assists
4 | Penalties   47 | Shots on target   82 | Crosses attempted   112 | Key headers/90
5 | Assists   48 | Saves held   83 | Crosses attempted/90   113 | Chances created/90
6 | Team goals   49 | Saves parried   84 | Fouls   114 | Goal mistakes/90
7 | Teams goals allowed   51 | Contested headers   85 | Fouled   115 | Saves held/90
8 | Games won   52 | Headers won   86 | Fouls/90   116 | Saves tipped/90
9 | Games lost   53 | Shots blocked   87 | Fouled/90   117 | Saves parried/90
10 | Yellow cards   54 | Chances created   88 | Possession lost/90   118 | Expected goals prevented/90
11 | Red cards   55 | Conversion rate %   89 | Tackles attempted   119 | Clean sheets/90
12 | Player of the match   57 | Penalties saved   90 | Tackles attempted/90   120 | Offsides/90
13 | Pass completion %   62 | Dribbles made   91 | Tackles won %   121 | Shots blocked defending/90
14 | Tackles/90   63 | Tackles won   92 | Interceptions/90   122 | Free kick goals/90
15 | Dribbles/90   64 | Blocks   93 | Possession won/90   123 | Crosses completed/90
16 | Shots on target %   65 | Free kick goals   94 | Blocks/90   124 | Passes completed/90
17 | Distance covered   66 | Possession lost   95 | Headers won/90   125 | Key tackles/90
18 | Distance/90   67 | Possession won   96 | Clearances/90   126 | Progressive passes
19 | Average minutes per goal   68 | Expected goals   97 | Headers attempted/90   127 | High intensity sprints
20 | Shutouts   69 | Expected assists   98 | Expected goals conceded/90   128 | Pressures attempted
21 | Offside   70 | Clearances   99 | Penalty save %   129 | Pressures completed
22 | Cross completion %   71 | Save percentage %   100 | Saves/90   130 | Penalties scored %
23 | Key passes   72 | Goals/90   101 | Passes completed   131 | Open play key passes
24 | Key tackles   73 | Assists/90   102 | Crosses completed   132 | High intensity sprints/90
25 | Key headers   74 | Expected goals/90   104 | Expected saves/90   133 | Open play key passes/90
26 | Interceptions made   75 | Expected assists/90   105 | Expected save %   134 | Progressive passes/90
27 | Average rating   76 | Shots/90   106 | Expected goals prevented   135 | Open play expected assists/90
29 | Mistakes leading to goal   77 | Shots on target/90   107 | xG Overperform   136 | Open play crosses attempted/90
30 | Headers won %   78 | Expected goals per shot   108 | xG Underperform   137 | Open play crosses completed/90

This is great, i'll combine it with the ID codes i have from properties.

27 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

This is great, i'll combine it with the ID codes i have from properties.

Hi mate can you give me a quick heads up on how to use these. ive set the code attatched but doesnt seem to be working? Got the 9 boxes but just cant seem to change them

image.png.6dbfcebe8dceca7cae43d0eeabac6ef1.png

5 horas atrás, statomatic7 disse:

@hrmantovaniand @lugui

Massive thanks for opening my eyes to this!! Thought it looked a bit bare!! Here is my overview screen I have managed to compile with your massive help. I have added my file if you want to use as a base start :)

image.png.06f3d8d05345d9c24967c78c44507e55.png

competition overview panel.zip 2 kB · 10 downloads

This is only to player stats or also to the league stages? Because i try it and only changes the player stats

5 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

This is only to player stats or also to the league stages? Because i try it and only changes the player stats

Its only for the competition overview player stats, not sure if this could be replicated for team stats.... I'm sure someone would know around here :)

19 minutes ago, karlcole said:

Hi mate can you give me a quick heads up on how to use these. ive set the code attatched but doesnt seem to be working? Got the 9 boxes but just cant seem to change them

image.png.6dbfcebe8dceca7cae43d0eeabac6ef1.png

You have to quit and restart the game for "some" of the panels to change.

or thats what i had to do anyway..

Hurray for not being too ill to be up and around... for now

1 hour ago, FmTuga said:

It´s the competition overview stage...have a look at the one i use

competition overview stage.xml 3.09 kB · 3 downloads

The correct file for the league table is a different XML. ;)

<!--league stage panel-->
<widget class="league_stage_panel" file="competition/league stage" id="lspn" hidden="true" view="tcs" league_table_heading_length="0"/>

It should be league table.xml in the competition folder

Edited by Rivanov

12 minutos atrás, Rivanov disse:

The correct file for the league table is a different XML. ;)

<!--league stage panel-->
<widget class="league_stage_panel" file="competition/league stage" id="lspn" hidden="true" view="tcs" league_table_heading_length="0"/>

It should be league table.xml in the competition folder

I dont have that "league table.xml" in my competition folder

The competition overview stage i provided was shared by someone here in the forum last FM22 and works without that xml that you say.

2 minutes ago, FmTuga said:

I dont have that "league table.xml" in my competition folder

The competition overview stage i provided was shared by someone here in the forum last FM22 and works without that xml that you say.

Okay, strange. Then I have to compare it with the default file. Because in the competition overview stage.xml I don't see any code that's a reference to the GA/GD column

17 hours ago, GIMN said:

Changes seem to be slowing down, which I hope is an indicator that I'm almost done.  The player's name has returned to the profile header, mainly so I could add a archetype underneath (Assistant Manager's Opinion of Player's Playing Style & Assistant Manager's Opinion of Player's Best Role).  I'm hoping this will be a nice little helping-hand in this attribute-obscured approach.

image.thumb.png.2e7b38c1d359b74bee948adc93b92b7e.png

Talking of attribute-obscured; most attribute screens have been removed (Player overview sub-menu, comparison screen, inbox training items, etc...) but they're still visible in some areas using the graphic approach I used last year.  Obviously you can customise squad views to show attributes, and I'll probably be doing this to allow me to track development outside of the game (I've written a little script inside Google Sheets to create a baseline for each player in the groupings on the attribute polygons, and it will then measure improvement/regression against that baseline and report back on significant changes all without me having to actually see the individual attributes).  I also think that it's going to be useful to be able to discern some element of player ability when it comes to Set Pieces, Captains, etc...

image.png.09553758577cdcbf367c6c795cf51e77.png

Good job and incredible idea 😉👏 Your SKIN is amazing. Have you considered adding non-numeric attributes to SKIN? Like as this stars:

? And are you still planning on releasing your SKIN for download?

My second question - did you share your Google Sheets script? I'm realy interesting about it. I was trying Zealand moneyball sheet and I'm still thinking about upping the game. At the same time, I revel in statistics, but the DATA HUB strikes me as underdeveloped. I'm currently thinking about how to implement the things I'm missing in the game. So I'd like to see how you handle it.

32 minutes ago, lugui said:

I wanted to thank everyone for their help and ideas for customizing the competition overview panel.xml.

Finally I managed to recreate it as I would like: I got rid of the calendar part, the reputation of the leagues and focused 100% on player stats. I was able to add new boxes and add other stat points that I think are important.

I even managed to put a subtle separator line, to give it a nice touch and let the blocks of information breathe a little.

image.png.f1bd4677ba6ebea4655fb7d87fa2668c.png

In case it helps anyone, I leave my file below. Just keep in mind that I play in a simple 1366x768 notebook resolution, I couldn't put endless things in that available size, at least I don't know how to.

Thank you all, collective learning and mutual help!

competition overview panel.xml 8.19 kB · 0 downloads

Top effort!! Stats a plenty :)

2 hours ago, vonTrips said:

Good job and incredible idea 😉👏 Your SKIN is amazing. Have you considered adding non-numeric attributes to SKIN? Like as this stars:

? And are you still planning on releasing your SKIN for download?

My second question - did you share your Google Sheets script? I'm realy interesting about it. I was trying Zealand moneyball sheet and I'm still thinking about upping the game. At the same time, I revel in statistics, but the DATA HUB strikes me as underdeveloped. I'm currently thinking about how to implement the things I'm missing in the game. So I'd like to see how you handle it.

Yes, I released a skin last year similar with graphical attributes rather than numerical, and the same approach is taken this year (just with the various screens disabled), so if I want to reincorporate it's just a minor change to a sections file.  I will be releasing, but I do not expect to do so before the full-game is out.  I've started up a new save now to play through and see if I can identify any last bits with white text.

I haven't shared the Google Apps Script and not sure the best way to go about doing so.  I don't really want to be sharing my name or email address (not that I'm an interesting enough of a person to be concerned about any great risk).  I'll think on this.

12 horas atrás, Watson156 disse:

That looks fantastic. Is there any chance you could share that panel?

7 horas atrás, bahmet disse:

Cool! Can you share?

Sure! This is the panel file itself. I'm using the WTCS5 skin this year, but I copied the "competition" folder from his last year skin, TCS4, and only changed the file I'm sending. So adding the GF+GA in the table was not my work.

competition overview panel.xml

19 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

Thank you for collating this! I know where it is but haven't taken the time to put it all together. I've used some of that and now have got to this on my competition overview:

9c6df74b11629a7fbc822a9b53f79cbd.png

Can't seem to get the title's (faded text) in grey above the custom stats though, yet.

8 horas atrás, snowofman disse:

You have to quit and restart the game for "some" of the panels to change.

or thats what i had to do anyway..

Hurray for not being too ill to be up and around... for now

7 horas atrás, Tyburn disse:

Yeah, I find editing the sections files and properties files needs a clear cache, reload and then restart whole game.

I also had some issues while changing those sections. The quickest way I found is:

• Make the changes on the file
  • Save it
  • Delete it (or move it out from the skin folder)
  • Reload skin
  • Restore the deleted file (or move it back in)
  • Reload the skin again

My tonight's edits within the player development screen as I realised the Coach report in the default skin doesn't work properly as it's linked to some old file (reported here)

I decided to add some widgets from the selectors I'm using within the player profile and I think it looks great and useful now.

13 minutos atrás, _Ben_ disse:

Thank you for collating this! I know where it is but haven't taken the time to put it all together. I've used some of that and now have got to this on my competition overview:

9c6df74b11629a7fbc822a9b53f79cbd.png

Can't seem to get the title's (faded text) in grey above the custom stats though, yet.

I really like your idea of the tabs! I love screenshotting stuff when I play (kinda like the careers from the forum but I keep it only on my PC) and stats are a great part of it. Your skin makes it really easy to cycle through player and team stats to screenshot them in a few seconds. Also 8 stats with 5 players each on the main screen seems better than 12 with 3. I'll be following your skin progress here! Could you share a screenshot of the Team Detailed tab?

Edited by hrmantovani

18 minutes ago, hrmantovani said:

Sure! This is the panel file itself. I'm using the WTCS5 skin this year, but I copied the "competition" folder from his last year skin, TCS4, and only changed the file I'm sending. So adding the GF+GA in the table was not my work.

competition overview panel.xml 9.3 kB · 1 download

Perfect, thanks a lot.