*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

9 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Only thing I would say is I'm not sure if the ME has been sped up a bit?

It does feel like it. 

Also ( maybe related or maybe not ) but the ball physics seems a little bit odd. I can't put a finger on it .. maybe it's spinning too much, or has some strange speed after bouncing off players, maybe it's sliding too much like a hockey puck. I don't know - maybe it's just an illusion.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree the match engine seems slightly faster than usual. Overall really enjoying the game though. The logic of the actual match engine seems much improved. Players haven’t been making as dumb decisions.

13 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Going off a small sample size, but it appears that game management might be more important than ever. Played five games, and I've now blown a 3 goal lead and 3x 2 goal leads in the later stages, once they get one goal it's like it all just goes to hell and the equaliser is inevitable, but I'm also not really changing anything to see the game out so a lot of that is on me

100% this! I didn't realise the update was out and I was playing yesterday and I blew two 3 goal leads and a 2 goal lead in three games! My tactic is usually pretty defensively sound so wondered what the hell has gone on...this explains it 😂

ME is definitely better, the matches are more fluid and there are way fewer horrible situations with players just wandering off or getting dispossessed for no reason.

Passing through the middle is nice and chances created are realistic, but after almost a season played on this ME, finishing is kind of questionable.

Either the floodgates open or you score way more than you should in the game or you miss 3 clear cut chances any half-decent striker has to bury.

Obviously, matches like those happen, but there are just too few "normal" matches were the better team wins with routine 2-0. It's either suffering to break down the opposition after they score from their only shot or they just get smashed within first 30 minutes.

11 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

I was a big fan of the ME before the update.

Somehow I've been blown away even more. Some of the play, the dribbling, the counter attacks, the last ditch tackles, the keeper save animations... incredible. Really well done.

Only thing I would say is I'm not sure if the ME has been sped up a bit? Or if it's just me managing a team with pace and expected to win the league for the first time on FM23!

The speed thing is quite… sensitive to me at the moment. I’m not quite sure yet how I feel about it, but it’s definitely having a conscious impact. 
I think it’s good to see pace differences in players (very good actually). It does make you alter your approach, which is important. I’m hoping I just need to acclimatise to it, rather than it being an over powered feature. I’m yet to fully test. One things for sure, getting caught on the counter to quick forwards are putting me to the sword atm!

Edited by kiingallen

Yeah it seems like my keeper is doing very weird things after the update.. 27 goals agains in the 9 matches after the update, after 11 goals against in the 8 games before the update.. and it's not the tactics, it's just that the keeper has gone nuts.. like in this video, it's like they forgot how to GK.

3 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

The speed thing is quite… sensitive to me at the moment. I’m not quite sure yet how I feel about it, but it’s definitely having a conscious impact. 
I think it’s good to see pace differences in players (very good actually). It does make you alter your approach, which is important. I’m hoping I just need to acclimatise to it, rather than it being an over powered feature. I’m yet to fully test. One things for sure, getting caught on the counter to quick forwards are putting me to the sword atm!

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a case of accelration/pace has been... well made faster? Or if it's just the whole ME?

It feels like even though my speed banner has stayed in the middle, it's like I've gone up a couple of notches to the 7/10ths bit, when I haven't.

The ME has certainly improved. I’ve not played many matches as I’ve been watching my games in full in order to absorb the new way it plays and looks. And it does feel more pleasing on the eye compared to the previous version. One concern for me tactically though is the defensive positioning of wingers, they don’t quite tuck in as much next to the central midfielders as much as I would like. 
They track back but stay far too wide even if I trap opposition out wide. 
maybe just me or something I’m doing wrong, but my early observation 

6 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a case of accelration/pace has been... well made faster? Or if it's just the whole ME?

It feels like even though my speed banner has stayed in the middle, it's like I've gone up a couple of notches to the 7/10ths bit, when I haven't.

I feel like the whole ME plays quicker, but I’m certain areas of the pitch pace and acceleration plays more “personal” to the individual players if that makes sense. E.g final thirds. 
but no doubt the whole ME feels quicker, probably due to the players making quicker decisions also.

Hi! Love the game, but there is always things that can be improved. One thing that really annoy me is the staff meetings wehere i have choosen a player to take the corners, and i get ten messages in a row about a player they think is better then the one I have chosen. It is okay that they have an opinion, but for the future, why cannot it be one message with several trainers as sender? It would make the staff meetings go faster and I can decline to the AI ince instead of ten times each month..... :)

2 hours ago, XaW said:

sSySk2K.png

Is this a new feature after the update, or have I never noticed it before...?

The xG Table from the stage drop down I mean.

It was there before the update 

Em 02/03/2023 em 14:07, MrPompey disse:

"Seems like most player attributes haven't been touched" Wondering what evidence you base that statement on? Does this apply to a specific team?

In any case I would detail on the data forum what changes you think should be made for what players detailing supporting evidence for any potential attribute change

Let me get this straight, do you want him to show why Casemiro is a better player than the current one on FM23?

I want to know what is the methodology used to make him so bad.

https://www.sofascore.com/team/football/manchester-united/35
I paid $60 on a game that I need to research on player attributes? This site has some attributes based on methodology, not media players.

Casemiro has 5 Champions League, he won the best CDM of 2023. He has always averaged 7-8/10 in all games, he is a completely constant player.

Look at Casemiro stats for the current season in real life, United won 75% of the games they played and won just 30% of the games they didn't play. He was definitely the most positive signing of this season. Most underrated and unmarketing player. Now you're telling me that Fabinho and Thiago from Liverpool have the same attributes as Casemiro? That's right? ROFL

How can Liverpool and Chelsea, teams that are in the middle of the table, have players with better attributes than Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal and United, teams are fighting for the title, and go to the CL? Newcastle have the lowest number of goals conceded this season. But VVD, who has made endless mistakes this season, is the best CB in the game. Really?

Varane won 5 CL, won 1 WC, he is 28 years old at the height of his career, in a team that is disputing the title and with few goals conceded, he played in the final of the current WC. And it has worse attributes than VVD(30 yo / end of career) that has only 1 CL, played a pathetic WC, and is in the middle of the table, conceded 5 goals from Real Madrid.

I'm not a United fan, I'm just citing that the game I bought is completely wrong in terms of player attributes. It has no methodology. Teams like Berlin, Napoli, completely weak. Arsenal in first place in the PL, strongest league in the world, and pathetic team next to Chelsea and Liverpool. In every season I play, the teams fighting for the title are Liverpool and Chelsea, which is a complete lie compared to real life. So instead of asking anyone who paid $60 for the game for a link, do your homework properly.

Little thing I'm noticing is less blocked crosses, now seeing defenders in the center needing to clear for corners in the way defenders irl have a tough job not to score own goals. This is great, yes the same amount of failed cross attempts which is fine just more variety in the way these break down. Makes watching games much less repetitive and highlights not as predictable.

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

It also wasn't there for me prior to the update! I've just checked a screenshot I took from last week to confirm. How weird! 

Well, I have 2 people say it was there and 2 who says it wasn't... Either way, I'm happy to see it there! :D 

36 minutes ago, Ozilva said:

Let me get this straight, do you want him to show why Casemiro is a better player than the current one on FM23?

I paid $60 on a game that I need to research on player attributes? This site has some attributes based on methodology, not media players.

Casemiro has 5 Champions League, he won the best CDM of 2023. He has always averaged 7-8/10 in all games, he is a completely constant player.

Look at Casemiro stats for the current season in real life, United won 75% of the games they played and won just 30% of the games they didn't play. He was definitely the most positive signing of this season. Most underrated and unmarketing player. Now you're telling me that Fabinho and Thiago from Liverpool have the same attributes as Casemiro? That's right? ROFL

How can Liverpool and Chelsea, teams that are in the middle of the table, have players with better attributes than Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal and United, teams are fighting for the title, and go to the CL? Newcastle have the lowest number of goals conceded this season. But VVD, who has made endless mistakes this season, is the best CB in the game. Really?

Varane won 5 CL, won 1 WC, he is 28 years old at the height of his career, in a team that is disputing the title and with few goals conceded, he played in the final of the current WC. And it has worse attributes than VVD(30 yo / end of career) that has only 1 CL, played a pathetic WC, and is in the middle of the table, conceded 5 goals from Real Madrid.

I'm not a United fan, I'm just citing that the game I bought is completely wrong in terms of player attributes. It has no methodology. Teams like Berlin, Napoli, completely weak. Arsenal in first place in the PL, strongest league in the world, and pathetic team next to Chelsea and Liverpool. In every season I play, the teams fighting for the title are Liverpool and Chelsea, which is a complete lie compared to real life. So instead of asking anyone who paid $60 for the game for a link, do your homework properly.

I think you're misunderstanding three key things here.  Form, Confidence and unfortunately, not all the best players win stuff.  Doesn't mean they have/should have bad stats.  Liverpool (for example as you like to keep bringing up VVD), hasn't suddenly become a bad player, just going through a patch right now as is the whole team.  The team/players are not bad.  Newcastle are an outlier and for sure will be nowhere near the top of the league next season and a lot of their players are over-hyped.

As for Casemiro, i detest he went to United but it is what he is and will agree, he is the best DM in the world right now and his stats are underwhelming.  Stats alone though, do not make a player.

5 minutos atrás, Maviarab disse:

I think you're misunderstanding three key things here.  Form, Confidence and unfortunately, not all the best players win stuff.  Doesn't mean they have/should have bad stats.  Liverpool (for example as you like to keep bringing up VVD), hasn't suddenly become a bad player, just going through a patch right now as is the whole team.  The team/players are not bad.  Newcastle are an outlier and for sure will be nowhere near the top of the league next season and a lot of their players are over-hyped.

As for Casemiro, i detest he went to United but it is what he is and will agree, he is the best DM in the world right now and his stats are underwhelming.  Stats alone though, do not make a player.

I think you didn't have an interpretation with everything i  wrote, because I'm talking to FM to bring methodology, and methodology is not just based on a single season, but on attributes/consistency. However, FM is about the season, so if I have to buy a new game every year, for a new season, I want to see that player's attributes for that season. The VVD I'm talking about him, I don't care about his attributes in 2018, but yes, in 2023, that's the game I bought now. 2018 became 2018 on FM18. Right?

Now that I've explained it to you, you really want to compare the attributes of a CB that won 5 CL, and 1 WC, with a CB that didn't win any WC, playing poorly in the two that participated. It's in terrible shape, and you're telling me that VVD is better than Varane? Serious? One player is pure Marketing, the other has attributes to be one of the best in the world. I can name 10 CBs that are better than VVD. Same for Casemiro, how come he has worse attributes than Fabinho and Thiago from Liverpool? He has an overall 80/100. It is serious? 

Liverpool, which is the team I'm attacking, is the team that has the best squad in FM23. So that's my accusation of 100% wrong attributes. And I'm feeling what the methodology is for these completely flawed attributes. FM has been updated recently according to the latest data. What data was it that made Liverpool continue with the best time in the world at FM23? A team that is in the middle of the table, that has more goals conceded than more than half of the PL teams, but has the Best CB in the world according to FM, and all players have an average of 80-90. ROFL

While United, which I cited as a counterpart, is 10x better than Liverpool this season in absolutely everything. It has attributes 70-80. ROFL

And I 100% disagree with you that Newcastle will have a bad season next year. Newcastle is a moment that will be TOP of the PL in the coming years. You forget that they were bought by the Saudi family, and unlike PSG, they are not investing in Marketing, but in a solid base with good players. Their project is fantastic and I'm glad it's working. This is where your thinking differs from mine. PSG, with media players, being one of the best in the world in a Farm League and all CL losing in a rout. Sometimes with consistent projects, having mediocre players on FM for not having Marketing.

Please note that I am using the example of 3 teams, such as Liverpool, United and Newcastle, as the post has already become large. If I had to present evidence of players and teams being both overrated and underrated, the post would be bible.

1 hour ago, Ozilva said:

No, i think the issue you are having is that you are looking at certain stats in isolation... ones like tackling and marking and thinking it makes Casemiro worse than a lot of other players...

Fabinho isn't even in the top 10 in game for DMC by the way...

There is only one player rated higher than Casemiro as a DMC in the game.. just one... and bare in mind FM don't react to half a season of good form in a kneejerk reaction... i think that's about right for Casemiro.

[quote]How can Liverpool and Chelsea, teams that are in the middle of the table, have players with better attributes than Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal and United, teams are fighting for the title, and go to the CL? Newcastle have the lowest number of goals conceded this season. But VVD, who has made endless mistakes this season, is the best CB in the game. Really?[/quote]

Yeah this above is you failing to understand that the game won't make drastic wholesale changes to squadsbased on half a season performance..  Are you seriously suggesting the Newcastle defence should be rated higher than VVD? a clear top defender for many seasons in world football? 

8 games since new patch, only one once and I've dropped off top of the league.  Don't know what's happened but we are a shadow of the team we were.
Also we've had two players sent off for straight reds in that time (7th and 11th minutes) whereas none in the previous 30 odd games of the season?

36 minutes ago, Ozilva said:

I think you didn't have an interpretation with everything i  wrote, because I'm talking to FM to bring methodology, and methodology is not just based on a single season, but on attributes/consistency. However, FM is about the season, so if I have to buy a new game every year, for a new season, I want to see that player's attributes for that season. The VVD I'm talking about him, I don't care about his attributes in 2018, but yes, in 2023, that's the game I bought now. 2018 became 2018 on FM18. Right?

Now that I've explained it to you, you really want to compare the attributes of a CB that won 5 CL, and 1 WC, with a CB that didn't win any WC, playing poorly in the two that participated. It's in terrible shape, and you're telling me that VVD is better than Varane? Serious? One player is pure Marketing, the other has attributes to be one of the best in the world. I can name 10 CBs that are better than VVD. Same for Casemiro, how come he has worse attributes than Fabinho and Thiago from Liverpool? He has an overall 80/100. It is serious? 

Liverpool, which is the team I'm attacking, is the team that has the best squad in FM23. So that's my accusation of 100% wrong attributes. And I'm feeling what the methodology is for these completely flawed attributes. FM has been updated recently according to the latest data. What data was it that made Liverpool continue with the best time in the world at FM23? A team that is in the middle of the table, that has more goals conceded than more than half of the PL teams, but has the Best CB in the world according to FM, and all players have an average of 80-90. ROFL

While United, which I cited as a counterpart, is 10x better than Liverpool this season in absolutely everything. It has attributes 70-80. ROFL

And I 100% disagree with you that Newcastle will have a bad season next year. Newcastle is a moment that will be TOP of the PL in the coming years. You forget that they were bought by the Saudi family, and unlike PSG, they are not investing in Marketing, but in a solid base with good players. Their project is fantastic and I'm glad it's working. This is where your thinking differs from mine. PSG, with media players, being one of the best in the world in a Farm League and all CL losing in a rout. Sometimes with consistent projects, having mediocre players on FM for not having Marketing.

Please note that I am using the example of 3 teams, such as Liverpool, United and Newcastle, as the post has already become large. If I had to present evidence of players and teams being both overrated and underrated, the post would be bible.

I think you are misunderstanding how form vs proved quality works. If a player has a lightning season he will be upgraded for the next FM, but he will not be Messi. If he does it again the next season he will get an even higher rating. Slowly, but surely FM will increase the player. They will also do the same for players who are becoming worse. Slow decreases, not wholesale removing all talent. VvD has been one the best defenders in the world for several seasons, just because he plays for a team that struggles (while he has been injured as well!) does not mean he is suddenly bad.

Casemiro is an excellent player, but I don't think he is the best tackler in the world. His play is much more focused on his positioning, being at the right place at the right time. Now, he is a very good tackler, but that's not why he is as good as he is, it's the rest of his game that makes him such a good holding midfielder. As well as being good (if not the flashiest) on the ball as well. Looking at one attribute in isolation does not strengthen your case here. 

Newcastle has had a great season, but they have also dropped a lot of points lately. Does that mean the players are worse now than a few months ago? Of course not. It means they perhaps are feeling the pressure, perhaps they have been unlucky, perhaps they are becoming a bit fatigued. If Newcastle finish in 6th place this year, that's an excellent season for them, if they finish top 4 it's amazing for them. However, if Newcaslte finished ahead of Liverpool that does not mean that Sven Botman is better than VvD. You can't judge a player by what they won, you judge them by how well they play.

To put it another way, is Julian Alvarez better than Mbappe, since Alvarez won the WC and Mbappe didn't? I'd firmly say no, winning the WC does not make Alvarez a better player, and Mbappe isn't worse since he didn't.

4 minutos atrás, Welshace disse:

No, i think the issue you are having is that you are looking at certain stats in isolation... ones like tackling and marking and thinking it makes Casemiro worse than a lot of other players...

Fabinho isn't even in the top 10 in game for DMC by the way...

There is only one player rated higher than Casemiro as a DMC in the game.. just one... and bare in mind FM don't react to half a season of good form in a kneejerk reaction... i think that's about right for Casemiro.

Kimmich = 89
Rodri = 88 
THIAGO = 84 :lol: (Really?)
Kanté = 84
Gundogan = 83
Casemiro = 82
Fabinho = 79 :lol:    
so no, he's not the second best DM in the game, those are attributes taken from the current version, do your research properly.
I'm looking at the general attributes and the Overall. And I'm not talking specifically about Casemiro, but showing that the methodology is flawed.
I talked about Fabinho and Thiago, do you think Thiago's attributes should be better than Casemiro's? If you think so, I don't even have anything else to discuss.

"Yeah this above is you failing to understand that the game won't make drastic wholesale changes to squadsbased on half a season performance..  Are you seriously suggesting the Newcastle defence should be rated higher than VVD? a clear top defender for many seasons in world football? "

Surely the game is called FM23 and not FM in recent years. In 2023, VVD is not consistent and is no longer a player that has proven WC in recent years. And even if you want to take that into account, do you really think VVD is better than Varane? Prove to me in numbers that VVD is better than Varane. I'm not saying that VVD is bad, I never said that, but look at his Overrall compared to the other CB's in the game. What makes him an 89 overall? Show me the methodology, please.

VVD = 89
Rubens Dias = 87
Laporte = 84
Silva = 84
Rudiger = 83
Marquinhos = 82
Araujo = 82
Varane = 81

To be a good player you have to play for Liverpool. I understood now.

Salah = 90 Overrall / Finishing = 17 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
temp  / Goals / Goals per Game 

17/18 = 32 / 0,89
18/19 = 22 / 0,58
19/20 = 19 / 0,56
20/21 = 22 / 0,59
21/22 = 23 / 0,66
22/23 = 9 / 0,33 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:     

Ok. You are absolutely right, I cannot question that the game I bought in 23 is doing the wrong attributes. You are absolutely correct. Salah in 2023, who is averaging 0.33 goals per game, really needs to have an Overrall of 90.

Rashford = 79 Overrall / Finishing = 14
22/23 / 14 / 0,58

Before the WC, he played 19 games, and only scored 8 goals and 3 assists.
After the WC he played 20 games, scored 17 goals and 4 assists.

Nunez = 77 Overrall / Finishing = 15 :lol:    
22/23 / 6 / 0,33 :lol:  

Gakpo = 77 Overrall / Finishing = 13 :lol:
007 ( 0 assist / 0 goals / 7 games)

My criticism is just wanting it to be a game based on real attributes, not marketing. Unfortunately the game is based on marketing and not on real attributes. I've shown Salah's stats for the last few years, and he's still at 90 on Overrall. So what is your argument now?

6 minutes ago, Ozilva said:

Kimmich = 89
Rodri = 88 
THIAGO = 84 :lol: (Really?)
Kanté = 84
Gundogan = 83
Casemiro = 82

What are these numbers? FM doesn't use 1-100 score for anything afaik, so I have no idea what you are referring to here...

Edit: This looks more like FIFA ratings... are you sure you are talking about the right game here?

Edited by XaW

2 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

It also wasn't there for me prior to the update! I've just checked a screenshot I took from last week to confirm. How weird! 

It might depend on the skin your using as well . But it was definitely there as a drop down box hence the little drop down arrow

Edited by alian62

24 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

I think you are misunderstanding how form vs proved quality works. If a player has a lightning season he will be upgraded for the next FM, but he will not be Messi. If he does it again the next season he will get an even higher rating. Slowly, but surely FM will increase the player. They will also do the same for players who are becoming worse. Slow decreases, not wholesale removing all talent. VvD has been one the best defenders in the world for several seasons, just because he plays for a team that struggles (while he has been injured as well!) does not mean he is suddenly bad.

You are saying that the game bases the attributes according to the last seasons. OK. As I said, Varane gained 5 CL, and is at the peak of his career. So what's your point in saying that Varane has a worse Overrall than VVD? 
Varane = 81
VVD = 89

VVD won only 1 CL and 1 PL. How many titles does Varane have as captain of the French national team and one of the best players at Real Madrid?

Casemiro is an excellent player, but I don't think he is the best tackler in the world. His play is much more focused on his positioning, being at the right place at the right time. Now, he is a very good tackler, but that's not why he is as good as he is, it's the rest of his game that makes him such a good holding midfielder. As well as being good (if not the flashiest) on the ball as well. Looking at one attribute in isolation does not strengthen your case here. 

Same for Casemiro, how can you tell me he has an Overrall of 81? Is this serious? He has the same titles as Varane, playing at high yields for the last 10 years. Always constant, with an average score of 7-8/10. All of his individual attributes for the proper position are good, which makes him one of the best DMs around today. And he's only considered 81. It seems your methodology only works when it suits them. 

Newcastle has had a great season, but they have also dropped a lot of points lately. Does that mean the players are worse now than a few months ago? Of course not. It means they perhaps are feeling the pressure, perhaps they have been unlucky, perhaps they are becoming a bit fatigued. If Newcastle finish in 6th place this year, that's an excellent season for them, if they finish top 4 it's amazing for them. However, if Newcaslte finished ahead of Liverpool that does not mean that Sven Botman is better than VvD. You can't judge a player by what they won, you judge them by how well they play.

I'm not analyzing an isolated attribute, I'm analyzing all the attributes, and this is precisely my question. I'm asking what methodology you chose to rank VVD and Salah as 90, Varane and Casemiro as 81 and Rashford as 79.

To put it another way, is Julian Alvarez better than Mbappe, since Alvarez won the WC and Mbappe didn't? I'd firmly say no, winning the WC does not make Alvarez a better player, and Mbappe isn't worse since he didn't.

Thanks. I came here to discover the methodology, and I realized that it doesn't exist. It's called Marketing. If he's a player signed by Nike, Adidas, or a team that pays SEGA, he's going to be a good team, and a good player. I will Edit players using stats from serious sites according to the respective season.

Want to compare Mbappé's attributes in the Farm League with Alvarez in the PL? The attributes must have weight and measures according to each competition. Scoring 40 goals in Farm League is much easier than scoring 15 goals in Premier League. I will look for strikers who have scored more than 1000 goals in the Arab and South American leagues and we will rank them as 100 in Overrall like Mbappe. That's your point, that's your methodology. 

Mbappe stood out in the WC, and is one of the best players TODAY. He is one of the top scorers in the CURRENT CL. But he hasn't scored many goals in previous CLs. You rank him as the best player today. Again fleeing 100% of the arguments spoken by you. "We are not going to look at the player just for one season." There, you've just used your argument against yourself. 

Varane, Casemiro, with 10 seasons being WC players in their positions. it's 81. 

Mbappe, who plays in the weakest league there is, but in recent years has failed to make a name for himself in the CL. It's 100 for Overrall because he played well ONE season.

VVD, which has a mediocre season. He is an overrated player in recent years in relation to all CBs, in individual and collective statistics. He is 90 Overall, just like Salah.

Sign a contract with Nike, Adidas, or pay SEGA, and voila, be a good player and good team.
FM23 = Football Marketing 2023

39 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

What are these numbers? FM doesn't use 1-100 score for anything afaik, so I have no idea what you are referring to here...

Edit: This looks more like FIFA ratings... are you sure you are talking about the right game here?

This is wrong? Do they not have these attributes? Is this website lying? Funny that I opened FM23 here on my PC, and everything is fine. And I'm not a FIFA player, I think that sucks. I've always played FM in all versions, but with each passing year the game has become more Marketing, and less reality. This is sad.

https://fminside.net/players
Mohamed Salah - Football Manager 2023 - FM23 - FM2023 (fminside.net)

Edited by Ozilva

This happens every year. As soon as someone is on a bad run of form or a great run of form someone will demand radical changes. Imagine if SI buffed Almiron to 160CA in this update based purely on this season?

Making minor changes and adjusting over time is the absolute best way to go. There is no perfect way to ascertain the quality of every single player in this game and knee-jerk reactions would backfire on SI even more.

7 minutes ago, Ozilva said:

This is wrong? Do they not have these attributes? Is this website lying? Funny that I opened FM23 here on my PC, and everything is fine. And I'm not a FIFA player, I think that sucks. I've always played FM in all versions, but with each passing year the game has become more Marketing, and less reality. This is sad.

This rating is decided by FMInside and we have no idea what it is based on.

These ratings do not exist in FM

Edited by Dotsworthy

6 hours ago, Tyburn said:

What was an effective tactic is now not so much? I’m having similar issues (albeit not as bad as this). I was absolutely flying until the update, now, we’re doing ok but nowhere near as dominant.

I’ll give it a while longer but I can SEE in the ME we’re not as fluid as we once were. We’re not creating the sort of space we once were. So I need to tweak my tactic. Especially for my ST, who is not getting the sort of chances he used to get pre update.

Nothing special tbh and the tactic I've been using for the last 5 years (albeit with some tweaks), very simple but effective tactic. Now not so much it seems, and I've added Bellingham to the ranks. What I thorougly liked before the update was the amount of boring and close games, just like IRL. Now I see too much games like the one I had vs Norwich, just too many goals in general. Where is the defensive solidness from before. Maybe it's more entertaining to the userbase to have this kind of football and amazing turnaround the whole time, but I like realism more where the first goal is decisive for 60%+ of the games. Now remontada after remontada, not very realistic. 

Naamloos2.png

Naamloos.png

1 minuto atrás, Dotsworthy disse:

This happens every year. As soon as someone is on a bad run of form or a great run of form someone will demand radical changes. Imagine if SI buffed Almiron to 160CA in this update based purely on this season?

Making minor changes and adjusting over time is the absolute best way to go. There is no perfect way to ascertain the quality of every single player in this game and knee-jerk reactions would backfire on SI even more.

You are sure. I came here to question Casemiro, Varane, having a mediocre attribute, players with 5 CL, 1 WC (Varane), and who play at the highest level in recent years. I am wrong. But players like VVD, who are completely overrated and have pathetic quality. Or Salah, who has a mediocre goal average in the PL in recent years, both being classified as WC(90 Overral).

But yes, your argument is correct, MBAPPE in a single good season, turned Overrall 100. Playing in the Farm League. The Wrong one is me, who pays $60 every year to have a game based on Marketing and not on real attributes. If you think that's how it should be, why doesn't SEGA make a Football Manager Ultimate and stop selling a new game every year? That way, they can draw on previous years instead of just the respective season. Correct? And even if it were true, Casemiro and Varane, experienced players with many titles, would be Overrall 90, not 81. That's why I say, there is no methodology. But fanboys will defend.

And do you know which team I play for? Minor league teams. I like Ajax. I like Borussia, or West Ham, Everton, I like teams that I can turn into great teams. I cited only crude examples of how poorly balanced the game is. I make AJAX beat PSG and Liverpool who are 100% Marketing. 
And every campaign I do, Liverpool and Chelsea are winning the PL. It's really funny because this is far from reality. But according to you, this is correct. Or PSG, always winning CL. That's their dream, maybe in the multiverse called FM, it will happen.

22 minutes ago, Ozilva said:

That website is technically lying, yes.

The overalls used arent in game and are a seperate mechanic developed for their website which they havent explained.

My best guess is theyve percentile ranked by CA which would likely bring odd ratings and you couldnt compare the overalls across different positions.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Ozilva said:

You are sure. I came here to question Casemiro, Varane, having a mediocre attribute, players with 5 CL, 1 WC (Varane), and who play at the highest level in recent years. I am wrong. But players like VVD, who are completely overrated and have pathetic quality. Or Salah, who has a mediocre goal average in the PL in recent years, both being classified as WC(90 Overral).

But yes, your argument is correct, MBAPPE in a single good season, turned Overrall 100. Playing in the Farm League. The Wrong one is me, who pays $60 every year to have a game based on Marketing and not on real attributes. If you think that's how it should be, why doesn't SEGA make a Football Manager Ultimate and stop selling a new game every year? That way, they can draw on previous years instead of just the respective season. Correct? And even if it were true, Casemiro and Varane, experienced players with many titles, would be Overrall 90, not 81. That's why I say, there is no methodology. But fanboys will defend.

And do you know which team I play for? Minor league teams. I like Ajax. I like Borussia, or West Ham, Everton, I like teams that I can turn into great teams. I cited only crude examples of how poorly balanced the game is. I make AJAX beat PSG and Liverpool who are 100% Marketing. 
And every campaign I do, Liverpool and Chelsea are winning the PL. It's really funny because this is far from reality. But according to you, this is correct. Or PSG, always winning CL. That's their dream, maybe in the multiverse called FM, it will happen.

By your own admission you want to manage teams like Everton and Ajax to the PL or CL, which is a one in a million chance in real life. So we can accept we only want a certain level of realism here.

It's not a perfect system, but I don't see how replacing it with knee-jerk reactions is better.

17 minutes ago, ccordoba said:

Nothing special tbh and the tactic I've been using for the last 5 years (albeit with some tweaks), very simple but effective tactic. Now not so much it seems, and I've added Bellingham to the ranks. What I thorougly liked before the update was the amount of boring and close games, just like IRL. Now I see too much games like the one I had vs Norwich, just too many goals in general. Where is the defensive solidness from before. Maybe it's more entertaining to the userbase to have this kind of football and amazing turnaround the whole time, but I like realism more where the first goal is decisive for 60%+ of the games. Now remontada after remontada, not very realistic. 

Naamloos2.png

Naamloos.png

In my opinion your tactic is reflecting well that result. It's highly aggressive especially for a away game with around 0% trying to keep the ball and defend with it. I mean, passes into space setting, BPD X2, counters on. Assuming you didn't change you tactic much in that game? But this discussion is for the tactics section so..

59 minutes ago, Ozilva said:

But players like VVD, who are completely overrated and have pathetic quality.

Virgil van Dijk has pathetic quality? You have the right to voice your opinions, but don`t expect them to be taken seriously with statements like that....

1 hour ago, Ozilva said:

The issue is that the rating you use is just some random thing that the site has made up. I have no idea how they use that. If you think something is wrong, you can point to an arbitrary scale, if you have issues, post it in the bug tracker where you point out what exact attribute is wrong for what player and bring evidence (reports from stat companies, several examples from games, or something like that. Using a rating an external site has created is not a good way to make your point.

Minor thing but the weird bug where there are only English referees in friendlies between two non-English clubs from different countries, which has been in the game for as long as I can remember, still hasn't been fixed. Bit weird to see Michael Oliver refereeing Radnicki vs MTK Budapest in Serbia in preseason. Just sums up the lack of care and attention to detail in FM these days.

First impressions after 2  matches.

Something about the ME just feels way better. I'm seeing some great passes that I haven't previously seen, most notably in the centre of the pitch. Even just the "regular" passes seem to be improved, as the team moves the ball forward much better than previously. My wide players are actually taking players on 1v1, dribbling past them, cutting in. Players also seem to do more layoffs, and quick one-two's, and they seem to occasionally play faster passes, with more force behind them. It feels way more fluid and dynamic in possession than it was previously.

It's obviously still far from perfect, and it's been only 2 games, but now I can also say this ME is the best there ever was. I definitely expect to see stuff that has frustrated me previously, I have no idea how a different playstyle/tactic would perform, but so far so good.

Edit: Yet there's an annoying bug now. The squad view keeps resetting again, and I thought it was finally fixed this year.

spacer.png

It keeps moving to the right, and it doesn't fit the screen, so there's a scroll bar.

Edited by (sic)

Hello, I just want to point out that this feature is completely useless, every time there is a transfer window, or a player join the team, or a new season start, "your coaches" most likely the assistant coach will change, by his own will, the players that you added to the squad planner and carefully placed on the positions that YOU want them to play which sometimes is not the best position of the player. I don't understand why everybody can just mess up all of your plans constantly.

Why is there not a button for lock the plans so you are the only one allowed to change the planner?

Why the players that are on loan just disappear from everywhere even if you can recall them at anytime?

Why are loaned players are not visible on the experience matrix if it is suppose to be a feature to track player career development?

After this February update, none of this issues had been addressed which is just sad.

I'm having the same issue with the horizontal of views. I have it in all custom views. Resetting the view by applying it as new works for a while, but keeps expanding.

Clearing cache doesn't work.

Edited by Sanel