[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

1 hour ago, teep007 said:

hello, if it's not too much trouble can you tell me which line to correct this white color? thanks

image.thumb.png.39ccf3acc627ce240a24d70f81a2a9ee.png

You will need to edit panels/player/player positions indicator small horizontal.xml and add colour="text" at the end of every instance of widget class="info_icon_hint_text"

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v2.0 - MAJOR UPDATE 11/12/22
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MAJOR UPDATE - v2.0 released.  Screenshots in opening post.

• Entire skin redesigned to be adaptive to lower resolutions - most significant redesigns:
    • Home Page
    • Player Profile & Popup
    • Staff/Manager Profile & Popup
    • Data Hub Summary & Next Opponent Overview
    • Club Vision
  • Inclusion of "Hide Inbox List" for lower resolutions
  • Reduction of customised text
  • Additional white text fixes

When we spoke back in Autumn about the ways to display attributes, I felt as if that was the groundbreaking discussion, but what you've done here is absolutely pushed the boundaries of what skinning can achieve. To do this, not only on a dark - default - background, but a white one with so many text colours to change, is simply oustanding. Literally, the most innovative thing I've ever seen.

Although I play in a large resolution, I'll be downloading and looking, dissecting and learning about how you've made this masterpiece! Keep it up

Hi, the skin is not seen by the game. I did not understand the installation. Can anyone explain what am I going to do in detail, please ? I think the download guide is not clear. Thanks for your effort.

Edited by emreanil

FM should be hiring you my friend.

You have done a great job. Imagine what your creative ideas could do with a team behind you at SI.

This is how the base skin should feel. Not the cluttered mess we are currently served up with.

5 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

By far the most innovative skin we've maybe ever had. Keep it up!

Just one thing I've noticed, person_button on the top right

image.thumb.png.570d698b58153b6f18e4065283a7872e.png

Super, thank you.  Got that sorted and will be included in next update, including agent button, and reinstating the margin between the header and the rest of the panel.

3 hours ago, alian62 said:

I cant see my kits . where are they ?

Same as before, the kits are only on the club info page (much like the base game):

image.png.a2d2e7bb862b7edd125b18a36520d697.png

2 hours ago, Egecann said:

This is the future of Football Manager. Brilliant work.

One quick suggestion. Can you add FM Stag's statistics into the skin? And also instant Result button

Jellico has kindly provided instructions elsewhere in the thread for adding Instant Result.  I won't be adding it as standard, but it's easy for you to do:

I've gone back and forth on finding a way to include FM Stag's Per 90 statistics.  Let me preface this by saying that I think Stag's done some awesome work - it's a fabulous guide and there aren't many resources out there that provide that insight.  I do have some concerns over methodology/sample size, and then there's the question of how to implement it.  Hodr and Statman have done a wonderful job and are worth checking out.  If I was going to do something similar, I'd probably prefer to have something that is able to measure against in-save stats or that the user can define themselves.  I'm not sure if that is possible (or, if it is, if I have the ability to do it!)

1 hour ago, emreanil said:

Hi, the skin is not seen by the game. I did not understand the installation. Can anyone explain what am I going to do in detail, please ? I think the download guide is not clear. Thanks for your effort.

You need to extract the folders you want and put them in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2003/skins.  If you don't have a skins folder, you'll need to create one.  The path should look something like below:

image.png.fe43bd1c497404d726ea76ab6ca3a669.png

38 minutes ago, FERIA said:

Hi

DL the new version 2.0... but wtf there two more rep MG & MN Legacy.... it s what for ? Must dezipp this ?

On 11/11/2022 at 03:57, GIMN said:

v1.05 has been renamed as Legacy and included in the download for the time being.

4 minutes ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

Is it possible to make attributes more visible, maybe it's just me playing on 13.3 inch mac, but if I could just bold them I think it would be fine. Otherwise fantastic work, I've been playing the game for 20 years and this is the best skin I've ever seen.

I'd recommend changing the colours via Preferences -> Skin Colours.  I'd probably suggest just reducing every value by 20.  So for "Average", something like Red: 151, Green: 178, Blue: 198.

1 hour ago, FERIA said:

excellent job. thks

Words don t translate and don t understand...

on profile staff, first ligne right determinated but left "composed" (??? so is what)

Whatever the opposite of determined would be in your respective language.  There is a translation id in there, taken from the game files, so it should translate.  I'll have a look into it.

Great work as always.  Couple of thing I have noticed:

image.thumb.png.483dc91df14fab20f2976925f4b3b045.png

These have a tendency to 'reset' when I start the game again, does over ride custom panels have to be selected/or nor for that to not happen?

image.thumb.png.e594178158f6ab8c0ba5b71b121f6fe3.png

Font color on the player names in unreadable, I am not sure if it's a team color related issue or what.  This is the Best XI screen from the end of season review.

Thanks,

Jellico

2 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Great work as always.  Couple of thing I have noticed:

image.thumb.png.483dc91df14fab20f2976925f4b3b045.png

These have a tendency to 'reset' when I start the game again, does over ride custom panels have to be selected/or nor for that to not happen?

The short answer is: I don't know.  I still haven't really seen a difference with automatically override custom panels selected or not.  I've not had issues with the selectors resetting, though - I have it unselected (not just on the menus but also in preferences), and I save the game immediately after changing them to what I want.  The latter just being a learned behaviour from it resetting in previous years.  No idea if it actually makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

image.thumb.png.e594178158f6ab8c0ba5b71b121f6fe3.png

Font color on the player names in unreadable, I am not sure if it's a team color related issue or what.  This is the Best XI screen from the end of season review.

I'll check it out.  This didn't come up on my last pass through of that page, but might be related to a change I've made elsewhere since.

11 hours ago, GIMN said:

Whatever the opposite of determined would be in your respective language.  There is a translation id in there, taken from the game files, so it should translate.  I'll have a look into it.

Sorry but I did not fully understand the difference between legend and others versions ?

1 hour ago, milenec11 said:

Sorry but I did not fully understand the difference between legend and others versions ?

Legacy is the old version for higher resolutions only.  They had been updated on Friday, so for people who prefer the old version they are still available.  They will not receive further updates/support.

Dear GIMN,

I ve tried to add a background selector using this method, but it seems that you created a new structure which leads to an absense of the "Global Panel.xml" file. And I dig furture and found some relevant code in the "Client object browser.xml" Is this something that you intend to do? Or, if you would be so kind, can you point to the the direction where the usual Global Pnael equivilent would be? Thank you!

2 minutes ago, endlessthunder said:

Dear GIMN,

I ve tried to add a background selector using this method, but it seems that you created a new structure which leads to an absense of the "Global Panel.xml" file. And I dig furture and found some relevant code in the "Client object browser.xml" Is this something that you intend to do? Or, if you would be so kind, can you point to the the direction where the usual Global Pnael equivilent would be? Thank you!

Unfortunately this isn't something I intend to add.  I had a look into it a while back, but it was not something that I could find a way to implement easily/conveniently and would require a complete restructure of the skin as there are many panels built on top of solid backgrounds (as in the containers have the background colour defined and would appear over any background regardless)

1 小时前, GIMN说:

Unfortunately this isn't something I intend to add.  I had a look into it a while back, but it was not something that I could find a way to implement easily/conveniently and would require a complete restructure of the skin as there are many panels built on top of solid backgrounds (as in the containers have the background colour defined and would appear over any background regardless)

understood! Thanks

2 hours ago, endlessthunder said:

Dear GIMN,

default global panels is in one of the files you extract using the resource archiver. i believe it's in skins.fmf/fm/panels, but i'm at work so can't check 100%. 

My base skin that's pinned should also have it

On 11/11/2022 at 13:30, GIMN said:

Try putting the attached file in the following folder: panels/player/mustermann/performance.  I have adjusted some of the sizes of various containers and fonts.  Please let me know how that works.

In windowed mode, your resolution will be relative to the size of the window.  Enlarge the window and the resolution will increase, shrink the window and the resolution will decrease.  The minimum recommended resolution/zoom in the opening post is 1920x1080 at 85%.  This is how it looks at the equivalent resolution in windowed mode with the original downloaded file:

image.thumb.png.aa4b14695b2dc6de31f418298a9e2b35.png

Can you send a screenshot (and let me know your resolution/zoom)?

player performance attributes numerical.xml 106.8 kB · 63 downloads

Hi, it's me again, I know you gave me advice on how to make attributes more visible and while changing color palette did help, it's still not as good as I'd like it to be. How would I make attributes look like they do on the picture here of Sadio Mane player screen?

1 hour ago, TheVerySpecialOne said:

Hi, it's me again, I know you gave me advice on how to make attributes more visible and while changing color palette did help, it's still not as good as I'd like it to be. How would I make attributes look like they do on the picture here of Sadio Mane player screen?

Try putting the attached file in the following folder: panels/player/mustermann/performance

player performance attributes numerical.xml

En 6/12/2022 a las 4:42, Jellico73 dijo:

Just wanted to let you know you can safely add the Instant Result button to your skin, because I've been using it since day 1.

Download the Wannachup Instant result skin, it will have 2 folders in it, graphics and panels, copy the panels folder over, overwrite the one file, reload the skin.

It might error out, but if you close FM and open it up again it runs fine.

image.png.c15c449ba29057323e00502b869c8b07.png

Don't have to make any button adjustments either.

Jellico

Hi, I am trying to download and "install" the instant result in Mustermann skin, but...the Wannachup skin isn't a .zip file, it's a .fmf file.. (version of previous years are .zip). What file you used??? Thank you!!! 

18 minutes ago, carR9 said:

Hi, I am trying to download and "install" the instant result in Mustermann skin, but...the Wannachup skin isn't a .zip file, it's a .fmf file.. (version of previous years are .zip). What file you used??? Thank you!!! 

You have to use the resource archiver to unpack it.

Should be a free download from steam

Just now, Jellico73 said:

You have to use the resource archiver to unpack it.

Should be a free download from steam

Download the archiver, open it, point it to the fmf file, then point it to the location you want it unzipped too, then when done, navigate to that folder and you should see the folder with all the subfolders in it.

Jellico

3 hours ago, FERIA said:

i don t know if the skin have an impact on the ball

i see you can change the color but me in match the ball are always white and cyan ? see picture

want a ball realist please

20221213_093447.jpg

Never thought I'd be accused of having blue balls on an FM forum :lol:

Jokes aside, this isn't a skin issue.  The balls are set graphics which have not been changed with the skin and can't be controlled by any of the colour settings.  You can replace the default graphics, although I don't know if there are any specific graphic packs out there for that purpose.

24 minutes ago, Scri76 said:

New version look fantastic, but if you load the numeric one still the old one. Only the graphical one is updated.   The new numeric and the Legacy are the same. Can you upload the new numeric one. Thanks 

The new numeric one is in the download and works as intended.  Do you have the old version in your skins folder (as in not the one included in the download which has been renamed, but the original version that has a config file that uses the original name)?

I've just checked the download. The correct version of numerical is in there. Maybe try re-downloading.

The folder for that specific skin,when unzipped, is 18.8mb and if you open the config file the version will state 2.0

3 minutes ago, GianniM said:

@Scri76Indeed the correct files are included. 

@GIMNwould it be possible to include the attribute tab on the comparison page again? It was there in the previous version but I'm not seeing it now. 

If you take panels/player/player comparison.xml from Mustermann Numerical, you can copy that into the Graphical version - that will restore both the Overview & Attributes tab.

First, thank you for your answer. That's all correct, config file say 2.0 and the size Is correct.

But when i load It doesn't show the new version 2.0 as the graphic version do. I can't understand why, graphic version is working well. 

Should be like this: 

image.thumb.png.e433a188a14e6992083d55e7d4e873f4.png

Edited by Scri76

1 minute ago, Scri76 said:

First, thank you for your answer. That's all correct, config file say 2.0 and the size Is correct.

But when i load It doesn't show the new version 2.0 as the graphic version do. I can't understand why, graphic version is working well. 

Have you cleared cache.  When loading in the skin have the following settings through preferences:

image.png.f880af0dc6fcf3d0ddbe36195a161383.png

13 hours ago, GIMN said:

If you take panels/player/player comparison.xml from Mustermann Numerical, you can copy that into the Graphical version - that will restore both the Overview & Attributes tab.

Works perfectly, thanks!

One more thing... Can I change the bottom left Munstermannager logo to my team logo? :)

2 hours ago, GianniM said:

Works perfectly, thanks!

One more thing... Can I change the bottom left Munstermannager logo to my team logo? :)

Of course.  You'll need to edit panels/generic/sidebar menu table.xml

At the end of the file is the bit for the logo.  Replace:

<container>
  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="50" offset="0" gap="0" />
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
  <!-- Primary Logo -->
  <widget class="picture" file="main menu/logo" red_replacement="mustermann" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" width="160" height="50">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0"/>
  </widget>
</container>

with:

<container>
  <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="100" offset="0" gap="0" />
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
  <!-- Primary Logo -->
  <widget class="picture" id="lgtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" transparency="0.5" image_alignment="bottom">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="20"/>

<attachment class="test_setting_attachment" get_setting="show_badges" default_value="true" set_property="hidn">
      <boolean id="value" value="false"/>
    </attachment>
    <!-- tells the picture to listen to the 'main picture' global property being set, and set its own file property from it -->

<record id="object_property">
      <integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />
      <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
    </record>

</widget>
</container>

28 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

I'll be honest, I am not sure what's going on here, but this doesn't look right.  I'm the team on the right:
image.png.b79e5514983f9ed7eb85d788c559649e.png

Jellico

I might need to scale back the heat map graphic.  I had increased the radius to give more prominence, as it can be pretty useless when looking at individual players, but looks a little too intense there.

I'll try and balance it a bit more for Saturday's update

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v2.01 - Updated 17/12/22

v2.01 released:

• Adjusted size and layout of positions indicator and surrounding information in player profile
  • Added missing translations to player profile, fixed broken translations on staff/manager profile
  • Reduced intensity of heatmap graphic
  • White text fixes in contract negotiations, person information panels, unwanted list and various club confidence/vision pages
  • Removed white bullet points
  • Added light background to player details for Best Eleven in End of Season summary
Edited by GIMN