Match 1: Qatar vs Ecuador - BBC1 4pm GMT kick off LIVE from the Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Barnzy said:

Ball doesn’t go to the guy in the middle does it 

Not him who's off, it's the guy behind the guy who heads it. They've not shown a particularly clear replay at all though, they showed a graphic which showed his knee offside.

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Well, from that rather quick still the Ecuador player was offside, knee. 

what I’m not getting is that the lines seem to have been drawn from when the keeper punched it? Not when the free kick was taken? Need to see another replay to see who it comes off

image.png.8ee35d675808e15ebe9fafb643caca99.png

Just now, Ackter said:

This is the worst keeper performance I've seen since that show Dream Team or whatever which had a storyline entirely centered around a keeper who couldnt play.

The Mike Bassett TV series has a storyline about Wirral County signing a striker who was actually a goalkeeper. Feel like Al the Sheep might be the opposite.

Since they're so shameless, why didn't the just pay some half-decent keeper to take their passport, this is hillarious.

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Ecuador play some really nice football.

Very few poor teams every qualified from South America, they can have internal implosions, but their motivation and teamplay is always on top level.

Edited by GunmaN1905

2 minutes ago, Smallen said:

what I’m not getting is that the lines seem to have been drawn from when the keeper punched it? Not when the free kick was taken? Need to see another replay to see who it comes off

image.png.8ee35d675808e15ebe9fafb643caca99.png

Yeah, who does it come off? Because none of the replays I've seen have shown where the initial ball in was taken from.

Edited by ginnybob

8 minutes ago, HOORAY HENRIK said:

Well yes. I actually looked at the incident instead of screaming about corruption.

You looked at the incident in depth despite being given the same 3 second replay as everyone else? :D 

Even with the pictures and evidence posted since it looks far from a clear decision, maybe they should hire you as a VAR referee, you nailed the decision in 2 seconds flat.

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Since they're so shameless, why didn't the just pay some half-decent keeper to take their passport, this is hillarious.

Speaking of which, where's all the Brazilians that Qatar paid to play for them? Or is that not a thing any more?

Edited by Weezer

2 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Yeah, who does it come off? Because none of the replays I've seen have shown where the initial ball in was taken from.

Offside wasn't from when the free kick was taken, it's from the initial header, but the replays really aren't clear who gets that initial touch. The VAR clearly thought it was the Ecuadorian but it's not clear at all.

2 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

You looked at the incident in depth despite being given the same 3 second replay as everyone else? :D 

Even with the pictures and evidence posted since it looks far from a clear decision, maybe they should hire you as a VAR referee, you nailed the decision in 2 seconds flat.

Well seeing as how my posts indicate that’s literally what took place then yes, I did. :D

Just now, Pukey said:

Offside wasn't from when the free kick was taken, it's from the initial header, but the replays really aren't clear who gets that initial touch. The VAR clearly thought it was the Ecuadorian but it's not clear at all.

Yeah, assuming it was from a knock down by an Ecuador player but...that's not obvious.

2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Doesn't it come off the goalie then hit the Ecuador player and bounce up? If so it's offside.