[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

4 hours ago, snowofman said:

The kit background is a graphics file, and the only way you can say that this  team should have stripes and other should not, will be making custom kits.

You would then have to  replace the current code with a code that shows the jersey either from the front or back. then it will grab the ingame jersey designs unless you have made custom kits for the club or used a kit pack of sort

easy way would be to look at a skin that already have the kits as you like them and then borrow the code from there

thank you for the response!

what would be the root to get there and find the code, would you know?

if it's too much trouble and not worth the effort, I understand I can just forget about it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, eldandy said:

thank you for the response!

what would be the root to get there and find the code, would you know?

if it's too much trouble and not worth the effort, I understand I can just forget about it.

There isnt any easy way, sadly

a basic understanding would be required in my opinion, else you will have a very hard time, and it might not work in your 1st few tries

when that is said. you would have to find a skin that shows the kit as you would like it, then locate the panel from the skin code and replace your own and it rare that it just fits when it comes to kits and faces.

so there will "probably" be some adjusting etc.

Thanks mate, will give it a go later. EDIT: Nope, those 2 buttons are not covered by primary or standard.

EDIT2: It's one of the buttons in there, I am too lazy to sieve which one. They still keep a transparency on that specific screen, I will work on that.

Edited by godzilu

5 minutes ago, JohnWarrington said:

Is there a way to edit a skin to show the first line of a players club history in the player search as a column?

So instead of their current club it shows their first club

id="pDcl" will show a players 1st club
you can try and edit the search player view and see if it works, else you might need to fiddle around in the person properties.xml

Is there a way to remove that round icon from all panels? The small one on the left, that when you hover over it, it opens the person preview.
Thank you

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by godzilu

17 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Is there a way to remove that round icon from all panels? The small one on the left, that when you hover over it, it opens the person preview.
Thank you

Screenshot_4.png

i've never been looking for it, but i think

person_is_player="true"

is what makes the dot, but i'm not 100% sure

A question of Priority

So i have been trying to wrap my head around priority of panels

and i've made this simple test

Spoiler

test.PNG.93574ef7247d5e51441c0065c80c105d.PNG

I'm trying to have 4 boxes above the top row to show if zoom is like 85% or lower

But i can't for the life of my figure out how priority works, and all i get is 4 boxes on top and a squished bottom. 

Any help is appreciated

test.xml

7 minutes ago, snowofman said:

A question of Priority

So i have been trying to wrap my head around priority of panels

and i've made this simple test

Hide contents

test.PNG.93574ef7247d5e51441c0065c80c105d.PNG

I'm trying to have 4 boxes above the top row to show if zoom is like 85% or lower

But i can't for the life of my figure out how priority works, and all i get is 4 boxes on top and a squished bottom. 

Any help is appreciated

test.xml 1.45 kB · 0 downloads

There might be more than 1 way to do it, but the way I've done it previously in a vertical_adaptive_container is to define minimum_height.

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" gap="0" mode="distribute_equally" draw_horizontal_dividers="true">

<container default_height="-1" minimum_height="200" priority="2">
    <!--ALL YOUR LOVELY TOP ROW STUFF-->
  </container>

<container default_height="-3" minimum_height="600" priority="1">
    <!--ALL YOUR LOVELY BOTTOM STUFF-->
  </container>

</container>

The lower the number, the higher the priority - e.g. 1 means "first".  I believe it also does it at a container level.  So for example, if you had 4 boxes in the top row, but a 5th one if above a certain resolution, you can still use "1" as the top priority within that container.  That was explained badly.  Like this:

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" default_height="-1" minimum_height="200" priority="2">

<container default_width="-1" minimum_width="340" priority="1"/>

<container default_width="-1" minimum_width="340" priority="2"/>

<!--LET'S SAY FOR SOME REASON YOU WANT THE EXTRA BOX TO APPEAR IN THE MIDDLE-->
  <container default_width="-1" minimum_width="340" priority="5"/>

<container default_width="-1" minimum_width="340" priority="3"/>

<container default_width="-1" minimum_width="340" priority="4"/>

</container>

31 minutes ago, GIMN said:

There might be more than 1 way to do it, but the way I've done it previously in a vertical_adaptive_container is to define minimum_height.

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" gap="0" mode="distribute_equally" draw_horizontal_dividers="true">

</container>

</container>

</container>

The lower the number, the higher the priority - e.g. 1 means "first".  I believe it also does it at a container level.  So for example, if you had 4 boxes in the top row, but a 5th one if above a certain resolution, you can still use "1" as the top priority within that container.  That was explained badly.  Like this:

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" default_height="-1" minimum_height="200" priority="2">

</container>

Thank you, i'll try it tomorrow. it's getting late here and now is not the time for it :D

12 hours ago, GIMN said:

</container>

</container>

</container>

</container>

It defo took longer then i wanted it too, but i've managed in the end.

I ended up remaking my test while having your post in my mind, and i "think" that all my previous attempts failed due to a wrongly minimum_height (but thats with looking back and comparing the working and non working code)

Anyway, thank you for the help. Much appreciated

14 minutes ago, snowofman said:

It defo took longer then i wanted it too, but i've managed in the end.

I ended up remaking my test while having your post in my mind, and i "think" that all my previous attempts failed due to a wrongly minimum_height (but thats with looking back and comparing the working and non working code)

Anyway, thank you for the help. Much appreciated

I think the biggest issue with minimum_height is that to get it working correctly you need to have it defined everywhere basically.  And that means calculating which resolution in kicks in at, and what the split will be at that specific resolution, and then adding in any margins/gaps/etc... until you can be absolutely exact.  And that's far too much maths for anyone :lol:

2 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I think the biggest issue with minimum_height is that to get it working correctly you need to have it defined everywhere basically.  And that means calculating which resolution in kicks in at, and what the split will be at that specific resolution, and then adding in any margins/gaps/etc... until you can be absolutely exact.  And that's far too much maths for anyone :lol:

i agree. i will have to go through it again at some point and do the math, but for now i've just winged it and it's working for now as i want it :) 

Minor question

i'm trying to make a DNA attribute analysis panel.

i've follow the same way the normal Attribute analysis works

When i look at a Outfield player, it works as it should, but when i look at a goalkeeper it does not swap to the keeper part and it does not populate..

IF i comment out the outfield container it shows the goalkeeper part as it should

Does anyone have an idea  ? all seems to work, just not together.

<container>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Outfield player -->
		<container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/player dna analyser outfield" >
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" set_property="hidn"/>
		</container>

<!-- Goalkeeper -->
		<container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" file="player/player dna analyser goalkeeper" id="gkap">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" set_property="Shwn"/>
		</container>
</container>

16 hours ago, snowofman said:

Minor question

i'm trying to make a DNA attribute analysis panel.

i've follow the same way the normal Attribute analysis works

When i look at a Outfield player, it works as it should, but when i look at a goalkeeper it does not swap to the keeper part and it does not populate..

IF i comment out the outfield container it shows the goalkeeper part as it should

Does anyone have an idea  ? all seems to work, just not together.

<container>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Outfield player -->
		<container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player/player dna analyser outfield" >
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" set_property="hidn"/>
		</container>

<!-- Goalkeeper -->
		<container class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" file="player/player dna analyser goalkeeper" id="gkap">
			<record id="object_property" get_property="Pigo" set_property="Shwn"/>
		</container>
</container>

I tend to put the ‘hidn’ and ‘Shwn’ in different parent containers and then only have one inside each. Personal preference, I imagine, but has done the trick for me in the past. 

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

I tend to put the ‘hidn’ and ‘Shwn’ in different parent containers and then only have one inside each. Personal preference, I imagine, but has done the trick for me in the past. 

Thank you, i'm gonna try that

4 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Hopefully a nice simple one...what is the path for the below panel please?

Spoiler

fbaf3c42d4a7c31b131a794552a27b68.jpg

I need to change the resolution check to make that much bigger on the screen.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/570260-fm23-random-and-small-skinning-questions/?do=findComment&comment=14080816

was easier then looking for the file again :) 

1 minute ago, JustHowie said:

"Tactics embedded" isnt it? 😅 always forget what it's called myself 

Yes the file is called

tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml

I just linked to a previous post by me as i could not remember the full name on top of my head and had the link closer :D 

27 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

"Tactics embedded" isnt it? 😅 always forget what it's called myself 

24 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Yes the file is called

tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml

I just linked to a previous post by me as i could not remember the full name on top of my head and had the link closer :D 

Thanks both! Not quite the name I'd have given it but never mind!

apologies if this is answered somewhere before:

image.png.f6b517a9c1b8595126e127e1f7bbc531.png   image.png.6f604c2f2f55834bae5ef47024ecee83.png

i want to add the third colour that's used in the default club and comp logos to my skin. the primary & secondary colours are used in the xml's as such:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="primary"/>    ----> this returns the green color in the logo

<colour id="green_replacement" name="secondary"/>  ----> this returns the white color in the logo

what is the id for blue_replacement if i want to use the third color, in this case black?  i tried everything but couldn't find it.

thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, Noscho said:

apologies if this is answered somewhere before:

image.png.f6b517a9c1b8595126e127e1f7bbc531.png   image.png.6f604c2f2f55834bae5ef47024ecee83.png

i want to add the third colour that's used in the default club and comp logos to my skin. the primary & secondary colours are used in the xml's as such:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="primary"/>    ----> this returns the green color in the logo

<colour id="green_replacement" name="secondary"/>  ----> this returns the white color in the logo

what is the id for blue_replacement if i want to use the third color, in this case black?  i tried everything but couldn't find it.

thanks in advance!

id="blue_replacement

R, G, B colours

10 hours ago, snowofman said:

id="blue_replacement

R, G, B colours

sorry, i might not be clear with the question :) i know the id is blue_replacement but i want to know what corresponds it.

<colour id="red_replacement" name="primary"/>

<colour id="green_replacement" name="secondary"/>

<colour id="blue_replacement" name="???????"/>   what should be the "name" for blue_replacement? as in primary, secondary etc.

2 minutes ago, Noscho said:

sorry, i might not be clear with the question :) i know the id is blue_replacement but i want to know what corresponds it.

<colour id="red_replacement" name="primary"/>

<colour id="green_replacement" name="secondary"/>

<colour id="blue_replacement" name="???????"/>   what should be the "name" for blue_replacement? as in primary, secondary etc.

The "name" can be anything you want more or less.

Lets say you want the "blue" on your graphics to be orange, you can either just do orange

but if you know that you'll have multiply places where you want to give it a specific colour, just name it like colour1 

and in the settings file, you create a colour1 that has a value of orange

Hey guys,

Anyone know where to edit the font of the player names in the picture?

I'm using the SaS skin with Tato font added into it but can't seem to find the place to edit this.

Also want to edit the lineup font of the SaS match overview screen.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 3.53.57 PM.png

28 minutes ago, j.nthnlm said:

Hey guys,

Anyone know where to edit the font of the player names in the picture?

I'm using the SaS skin with Tato font added into it but can't seem to find the place to edit this.

Also want to edit the lineup font of the SaS match overview screen.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 3.53.57 PM.png

match players bar widget.xml for the picture

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

match players bar widget.xml for the picture

Thank you!

I managed to change the font but I am now looking at how to reduce the space between the title wording (e.g. SQUAD) and the description (e.g. 14th in Premier League......)

Where can I find the .xml file and what do I edit?

4 minutes ago, j.nthnlm said:

Thank you!

I managed to change the font but I am now looking at how to reduce the space between the title wording (e.g. SQUAD) and the description (e.g. 14th in Premier League......)

Where can I find the .xml file and what do I edit?

Changing font and size will always mess with panels, spacing etc.

titlebar, is probably where you should look. without knowing where you exactly mean

17 hours ago, snowofman said:

Changing font and size will always mess with panels, spacing etc.

titlebar, is probably where you should look. without knowing where you exactly mean

Thanks for the reply! I realised I forgot to put in the screenshot.

I've looked at the titlebar.xml file as well as the titlebar search panel.xml file and I don't really know what to edit.

The rest of the panels seem fine, just the title bar here.

image.png.61a28e1a3c27336bc90e185cb5333276.png

Would really appreciate any help!

Edited by j.nthnlm

3 hours ago, j.nthnlm said:

Thanks for the reply! I realised I forgot to put in the screenshot.

I've looked at the titlebar.xml file as well as the titlebar search panel.xml file and I don't really know what to edit.

The rest of the panels seem fine, just the title bar here.

image.png.61a28e1a3c27336bc90e185cb5333276.png

Would really appreciate any help!

if this is a problem due to the replacement of the standard font, then it is more efficient to change not the sizes of the panels and fonts in the panels, but the general sizes of the fonts in the *.fontxml files. because such a situation can arise in hundreds of panels, and you simply noticed only the one you see most often.
this is a fairly standard problem when changing the default font

10 hours ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

Does anyone know what controls the rating outline ? This is the code I have ( image was taking with only the senior value being grey the other 3 was black )

There's nothing in the graphics folder, I dunno if there should be

ImageImage

The graphics will be pulled from the default game

3 hours ago, Fwiedwice said:

Does anyone know how to fix this? I think I found the panel as team next match past meetings details.xml but unable to change it so the 2nd team isn't cut off. Thanks

image.thumb.png.b213e79f55f70228d62638b06088d493.png 

It's connected to the simple past meetings screen/file. You have to edit the 'past meetings panel.xml' (in the team folder) and there's a line 16 with 'layout="110,-1" - just increase the number 110 to higher, save the file and reload the skin. 

Or delete the global UI main box gap in the same folder but increasing the height will be enough. 

On 17/07/2023 at 23:58, Jamie Aubrey said:

Does anyone know what controls the rating outline ? This is the code I have ( image was taking with only the senior value being grey the other 3 was black )

There's nothing in the graphics folder, I dunno if there should be

ImageImage

Its on the actual graphic, its set to a lighter red than the base red so you'd have to edit the graphic. Can be found in

sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\icons\custom\star rating\senior\large

Extract it from here, and drag and drop into your skin 

On 17/07/2023 at 20:16, Brunosaur said:

I have tried to change the text colour from the tab menu but I'm not able to find where to change, can anyone let me know where it is? thank you 

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 20.14.39.png

Inside sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tabs\standard, there will be two folders, normal and selected, follow those folders through and edit the paper.xml files, the text colour is controlled in there