Croatia vs Brazil QF, 3PM GMT Education City Stadium

The_jagster

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, PMLF said:

Flamengo won Libertadores this year, which is the tournament I care the most, so I don't mind this Brazil defeat much. :D 

I hope Argentina win now though.

Woah, that's too far dude. :D

Thought Brazil's game management in ET was a bit weird. Don't sit back and invite pressure, but they went too far the other way. 

Were still a bit unlucky with that deflection, but the opportunity on the counter presented itself

Edited by Astafjevs

Just now, PMLF said:

Brazil is like an improved old Mexico. They were always eliminated in the round of 16, while we are eliminated in the quarterfinals. :D 

Honestly, this is just poor coaching.

Rewatch the match and just look at your setup.

Full-back sitting at the half line, Casemiro standing completely alone, then one of Paqueta or Neymar trying to make something out while four wingers sit in or around the box.

No mechanisms or control whatsoever. Not having Bruno instead of one forward is just bad coaching, no other word can be used.

Never, ever, ever, ever have your best penalty taker going 5th. ESPECIALLY when you’re taking them 2nd, hate it so much. That 5th penalty is not guaranteed. Either go 1st or 4th. The coach should audibled to put Neymar on that 4th penalty because they HAVE to score. 

Awful coaching. And it happens over and over again. 

Edited by jonahno6

Just now, InigoPatinkin said:

The only possible explanation for his/Madrid over the last few years is Modric has sold his soul to the devil. 

It's actually a borderline cult level of religousness from our coach and the Međugorje sanctuary.

I can't find any other explanation.

Didn't think Brazil would win it, they seemed like the type of team that would bottle it against a half decent side. Perhaps SK was the worst possible match-up for them in the RO16 - too easy, not really setting them up for the reality of the WC KOs. 

Delighted for Croatia. I really want to see a first time winner, so fingers crossed for Croatia/Netherlands/Portugal/Morocco.

I thought we'd need to pull a V-ACT (Crimson Head). But we came with a ****ing Tyrant! We're no more the Fiery ones. We are The Checkered Zombies! Unkillable!!! The necromancer cast a spell, and a big zombie smashed off the head of Brazil.

Someone please make a GIF of a zombie getting up after being shot, and tearing apart a cop.

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Haha. No sympathy for Brazil whatsoever, imagine leaving Neymar until the end so he can milk the glory ffs. More pathetic than holding his shirt up that time.

I'm pretty sure Portugal did the same thing with Ronaldo at the Euros once, then Spain wiped them out. :lol:

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Also, is this a bottling or?

I don’t think so. Brazil didn’t do enough but they just came up against a team destined to win, Croatia are the cockroaches of World Cup football.

A little more likeable than cockroaches but I’d still rather not have to sit through many more matches like that. Is that 8 of 9 knockout games they’ve taken to pens now?

Just now, Jisntdaman said:

Didn't Ronaldo also not get the chance to take a pen as he was the 5th taker? 

Think was the Euros not the WC, but yeah he saved himself for the last penalty so he could be the money shot at the end. Then Spain beat them before he got to take one. Maybe Euro 2012.

4 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Thought Brazil's game management in ET was a bit weird. Don't sit back and invite pressure, but they went too far the other way. 

Were still a bit unlucky with that deflection, but the opportunity on the counter presented itself

It was 4v6, then one Croatian (can't remember who) turns 2 of them and then it's 4v4.

7 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

One for my friend @DJ, waiting for Louis and the boys on Tuesday.

image.png.f18c3e1dd9fc9b6f713d97bd1a5659a4.png

Missed because of work. Congrats though :) Even though it was undeserved (we both know why ^^ )

3 minutes ago, jonahno6 said:

Never, ever, ever, ever have your best penalty taker going 5th. ESPECIALLY when you’re taking them 2nd, hate it so much. That 5th penalty is not guaranteed. Either go 1st or 4th. The coach should audibled to put Neymar on that 4th penalty because they HAVE to score. 

Awful coaching. And it happens over and over again. 

I think 3rd is the best spot for your best taker imo (i always do it on FM :D), that's also what Croatia did tonight. It's a guaranteed penalty, but it's almost always higher pressure than 1st taker, so you want your best man on 3rd. Not 4th, because it's possible that the 3 men before you all miss and you still don't get to take one (extremely unlikely but not impossible). 

Just now, titchuk said:

Crazy that Croatia have, what, 4-5m people and are so successful at football.

They are the 2nd smallest nation in two separate metrics to make the WC Final. Smallest population (behind Uruguay) and smallest country by land area (behind Netherlands). 

6 minutes ago, Bunkerossian said:

I thought we'd need to pull a V-ACT (Crimson Head). But we came with a ****ing Tyrant! We're no more the Fiery ones. We are The Checkered Zombies! Unkillable!!! The necromancer cast a spell, and a big zombie smashed off the head of Brazil.

Someone please make a GIF of a zombie getting up after being shot, and tearing apart a cop.

I can offer you this 

Also, Brazil has now at the very least equaled the 24 years (1970-1994) period without WC titles as our last title was in 2002.

But people here care far less about the NT nowadays than they did back then.

2 minutes ago, Tony85 said:

Brazil were never winning this from the moment PMLF was posting images in the Brazil thread about how their tops should look with a 6th star.

FjfZRLMXoAA6sta?format=jpg&name=small

:D 

Option 3 clearly the best.