Netherlands vs Argentina QF, 7PM GMT, Lusail Iconic Stadium

The_jagster

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DJ said:

No, that honour belongs to a certain Mr. Webb. If we are going to mention 2010 :D 

What do you mean 2010? He did great in CL final.

Just now, Ackter said:

Seriously, with how bizarre this tournament has been, literally anything could happen in England vs France.

Mbappe crashes into Walker and merges into one super player who declares for Wales on my bingo card.

Exactly my thoughts.

This drama is way too scary that maybe even England can win it all.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Lahoz is going to be ambushed by whichever team loses this game, that's how bad he's been.

You're right but also that's ridiculous because he's not favoured either side, from the 60% of the game I've seen anyway. 

1 minute ago, JD nawrat said:

You're right but also that's ridiculous because he's not favoured either side, from the 60% of the game I've seen anyway. 

He has protected Messi all the way. There were at least 3 yellows in it. 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Both managers have two subs left. Probably saving them for penalties.

Dybala should definitely come on to take one, probably their best taker.

When has that ever worked. Only sub LVG would make for pens is the keeper

Just now, Pukey said:

"Holland, or the Netherlands as we're allowed to call them now" ****ing hell Keown is so bad :D 

He's a genuine idiot.

Like, my father just asked me why they changed from Holland to the Netherlands, but he's a 76 year old man who doesn't really pay attention to these things.

It's Known's job to actually know the names of the teams he's commentating on. He ought to spend a bit of time educating himself on why it's different to what he thinks it is.

Just now, av3ry said:

I thought he said as we are supposed to call them now.

That was just what he meant to say

1 minute ago, The_jagster said:

Keown and Pearce seem shocked that The Netherlands aren't playing in the same way as they were when they had to score and were sticking 5 big men in the box.

tbf, whilst them wondering why van Dijk isn't still up front is just silly, it's weird how much the Netherlands have sat back and let Argentina have the ball since. Probably says a lot how much Argentina bottled that last 10 though

19 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

All those with their non viewing protests, however commendable, have ****ed up royally over the whole tournament 

All aboard the "it's just football" bandwagon. Sometime it doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

I've never been invested in international football outside of maybe Italia 90, this tournament has been absolutely brilliant

25 minutes ago, Bootador said:

73sab1.jpg

It has been the best World Cup ever, I have no idea why it's fallen this way but there's no point denying it.

Yeah, I think loads of people wanted the narrative to be how bad the football was (and I totally understand that POV!) but the football has been brilliant. I guess this is how sportswashing works!

22 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

All those with their non viewing protests, however commendable, have ****ed up royally over the whole tournament 

I'm not even sure this is true. I feel like I've seen so many people say it's mostly boring matches bar the final half hour or so. Loads of 0-0s too. 

I've seen about 8 games so I'm not in a position to comment on the actual quality of the tournament but for every, "BEST WC EVER" post, there's an equal amount of "this is ****". 

2 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Yeah, I think loads of people wanted the narrative to be how bad the football was (and I totally understand that POV!) but the football has been brilliant. I guess this is how sportswashing works!

Maybe there's something in the timing, like as opposed to the end of long gruelling (european) season doing it mid season before everyone is exhausted works for international football.

Edited by Bootador