The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

I’m on cities skylines now, was gonna carry on my 23 save into 24, but really want a save with Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly in. So gave up.

I've been mostly playing Phasmophobia and Stardew Valley,

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought FM24 this afternoon. The set-piece overhaul clinched it for me as I finally snapped with this module in FM23. Fingers crossed it proves to be far more intuitive and adaptable to tactical changes.

I remember when I read the development blog back on my summer holidays in the sunny Med that the Beta is going to be released earlier this year due to how confident Miles seemed to be about how advanced the development of FM24 was at that stage of the cycle i.e. in late June/ early July.

So I'm going for a Beta release date of Tuesday 17th October, another bloody 2 weeks!!

Edited by irish kopite

3 minutes ago, irish kopite said:

I bought FM24 this afternoon. I remember when I read the development blog back on my summer holidays in the sunny Med that the Beta is going to be released earlier this year due to how confident Miles seemed to be about how advanced the development of FM24 was at that stage of the cycle i.e. in late June/ early July.

So I'm going for a Beta release date of Tuesday 17th October, another bloody 2 weeks!!

I enjoy how you managed to be both positive and negative about the same date

3 minutes ago, irish kopite said:

I bought FM24 this afternoon. I remember when I read the development blog back on my summer holidays in the sunny Med that the Beta is going to be released earlier this year due to how confident Miles seemed to be about how advanced the development of FM24 was at that stage of the cycle i.e. in late June/ early July.

Two Weeks GIFs | Tenor

22 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I do love a Pom bear.

I'm glad my kids are still young enough to enjoy them

I didn't realise they were age locked? I'm 39 and I still buy them and enjoy them :D

20 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

They've added a part two for the QOL update feature on the roadmap W/C 16th. I was hoping we'd have it on the 16th as the final part and then BOOM. Now I imagine the part two at the earliest will be the wednesday.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47eyih6a87994qy81qpn

image.gif.c00b021333558f6e76bb292d91ad614b.gif

IMG_1326.thumb.jpeg.7cf6a5e5dc648eaa37257035ebcbb5ea.jpeg

7 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Is someone able to work out the scheduled release date of the last 4 FM's versus the beta?

E.g FM23: 16 days before etc (just picked that number out of thin air)

@KillYourIdols did a wonderful piece last year I believe

3 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Seeing as one of the biggest new features is the ability to port FM23 saves into FM24 I'm surprised so many have given up on FM23 already.

My intention was to carry on, but we have 2 excellent prospects I can build a long term team around who aren’t in 23 due to their age.
Plus, you know, who can resist Kai Havertz.

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

@KillYourIdols did a wonderful piece last year I believe

My intention was to carry on, but we have 2 excellent prospects I can build a long term team around who aren’t in 23 due to their age.
Plus, you know, who can resist Kai Havertz.

I'm an inveterate FM junky so will as always play right until Miles hits the red button to release the BETA and still not port my FM23 save because I will wanna do my usual beta play through with the team I support IRL, then once the full game drops do my journeyman save.

41 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It’s Thursday tomorrow. Just saying :brock:

Most of the time SI says atleast 2 weeks before, This year they tweeted that it will be 2-3 weeks before the game, So im hopefull we get a 3 week beta

This is what they said

"As in previous years, we don't have an exact date for Early Access. We approximately expect this to be around 2-3 weeks before our Nov 6th release date."

6 minutes ago, Razal said:

Most of the time SI says atleast 2 weeks before, This year they tweeted that it will be 2-3 weeks before the game, So im hopefull we get a 3 week beta

This is what they said

"As in previous years, we don't have an exact date for Early Access. We approximately expect this to be around 2-3 weeks before our Nov 6th release date."

I love the level of non-commitment here - “Approximately expect”. So they are saying the guess that is when they think it will come. They definitely just want this thread.

However, I would have preferred something more concrete, like:

”We perhaps think we could possibly estimate that maybe we could potentially consider whether or not the beta may or may not be more or less released on somewhere approximately around almost 2-3 weeks before the 6th Nov, if the stars align, and the wind is in a favourable direction and speed”

Edited by gunner86

14 minutes ago, Razal said:

This is what they said

8 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I love the level of non-commitment here - “Approximately expect”. So they are saying the guess that is when they think it will come. They definitely just want this thread.

However, I would have preferred something more concrete, like:

”We perhaps think we could possibly estimate that maybe we could potentially consider whether or not the beta may or may not be more or less released on somewhere approximately around almost 2-3 weeks before the 6th Nov, if the stars align, and the wind is in a favourable direction and speed”

I just pre-ordered so fingers crossed it is 3 weeks!

Hopefully we will get more info at the EGX panel that will be held on 14 oct, They announced miles will be participating

"After 20 years of enabling football fans to lead their teams to glory, Football Manager is about to go through some big changes. Series creator Miles Jacobson joins us for a look back at the games past, present and future!"

Edited by Razal

4 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Puppets You Dont Say GIF by Nickelodeon

On a related note, if you download a custom database to play in Kiribati, the matches will be played on a sand pitch.

image.png.433dcf67fd7f5cb65660ed361774346a.png

How big is the Betio Town Council? Do they really have enough staff to field a second XI?

5 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

How big is the Betio Town Council? Do they really have enough staff to field a second XI?

I have no idea!  Sadly I couldn't get very far into the save as I kept getting crash dumps with it, so I assume one of the custom databases I'd loaded for the save had an error within it.