The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thomas_e said:

The best ME? I respect your opinion (really, I do), but in my opinion it was so bad that it made the game unenjoyable.

Lets hope for a great 24 that we will both enjoy! 

They’re always different things to different people. For me, it was the first time I’d been able to make something work better than the standard 4-2-3-1, and the games played out with a bit of a variety to the way games played out too.

Agree hope 24 suits everyone though.

image.gif.eb9fe605eba7dcbaed5bc9e2b9189f53.gif
Another day, another batch of hours to pass, another topic to discuss.

Your favourite player from your last/current FM save.

For me it’s Reuell Walters. Broke out in the first season after an injury to Tomiyasu, went on to become first choice right back for Arsenal and England.

20 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

For me it’s Reuell Walters. Broke out in the first season after an injury to Tomiyasu, went on to become first choice right back for Arsenal and England.

A Burmese youth player I had at Rangoon Utd whose name I'm not even going to try and remember how it was spelt. A prolific striker who scored about 120 goals in 70 games.

Never asked to leave the club even though it was obvious he'd long outgrown us having come through the youth ranks as a 5* CA 15 year old.

Eventually moved to Thailand where he did next to nothing, but I'd already left the club by then.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

A Burmese youth player I had at Rangoon Utd whose name I'm not even going to try and remember how it was spelt. A prolific striker who scored about 120 goals in 70 games.

Never asked to leave the club even though it was obvious he'd long outgrown us having come through the youth ranks as a 5* CA 15 year old.

Eventually moved to Thailand where he did next to nothing, but I'd already left the club by then.

Isn’t Burmese a breed of cat? 🤔

17 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Layton Stewart (real player) I believe it was FM 21 maybe 22.

I don't know how but this guy had dog **** attributes when compared to elite strikers, and he scored bags of goals. I have unfortunately uninstalled all old FMs but I remember he was loaned out by Liverpool scored like 30 goals and then transfer listed the next season. I think I was in Bayern and got him under €15,000,000. He was top scorer so many times and I even took him with me to PSG. Because of the CA his value was only ever €25,000,000 max but he's the best striker I ever had. 

Also

Hannibal, FM 20 I think was when United just signed him into the academy and I put him in the team immediately. First season was slow but he developed fast and in 2 years he was the best I had in the position. After he went on to captain France and in my original save I went to Bayern, Schalke and PSG and ended up signing him every time. He played until he was 36 and after he retired I loaded a back up before I left MU and ended up making him the player with 2nd most appearances for the club. 

5 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

Layton Stewart (real player) I believe it was FM 21 maybe 22.

I don't know how but this guy had dog **** attributes when compared to elite strikers, and he scored bags of goals. I have unfortunately uninstalled all old FMs but I remember he was loaned out by Liverpool scored like 30 goals and then transfer listed the next season. I think I was in Bayern and got him under €15,000,000. He was top scorer so many times and I even took him with me to PSG. Because of the CA his value was only ever €25,000,000 max but he's the best striker I ever had. 

Also

Hannibal, FM 20 I think was when United just signed him into the academy and I put him in the team immediately. First season was slow but he developed fast and in 2 years he was the best I had in the position. After he went on to captain France and in my original save I went to Bayern, Schalke and PSG and ended up signing him every time. He played until he was 36 and after he retired I loaded a back up before I left MU and ended up making him the player with 2nd most appearances for the club. 

Just had Layton Stewart at Torquay Utd. He was alright for me, nothing special but probably playing two divisions higher than his current ability.

14 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Even though the country changed its name the people are still Burmese.

I don't make the rules.

Well I did not know that. Apparently Myanma is also an accepted demonym, but the language is still Burmese.

12 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

I remember rescuing Hannibal around then. He was second choice for me, can’t remember who behind now in all honesty.

3 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Scalvini 

5 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I've never been so excited for a weekend to be over and for Monday to be here.

Consume me, Miles.

It's so sad to think this thread will be locked before i get home from work tomorrow

1 hour ago, nunch98 said:

If it comes out before the PTO I booked on Friday/Monday I may have FMitis

I'm busy Friday to Sunday and due to time difference it will almost certainly drop late Thursday evening early Friday morning because Miles always drops the beta when I'm busiest and can't play.

Prove me wrong Miles as I have Monday to wednesday off work!

1 час назад, hufcpaul сказал:

I'm sure he has a work laptop at home 

It was a joke. Surely he has. But it’s still better to run such things in the workplace, surrounded by colleagues. Fix any possible technical glitches from home on your day off? Even on Fridays they try not to launch projects so that they have an extra working day for safety reasons

Hello all. 
I work all day and can’t wait to play beta this evening. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7uflblodfqhfntaiwmz

first thing i will do when it’s release at 6pm is to thank all SI staff for theirs hard work and all people who participated to this thread should do the same. 

2 hours ago, PGHJuice said:

Having the beta during this international break would have been amazing. 

Saturday and Sunday mornings without Premier League football is hard enough. 

The Premier League is a bore to watch, gradually getting worse year by year due to TV and CL money.