The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SI are reluctant to release it too early due to Steams refund policy. I bought FM 23 last year, played the beta solid for a week. Realised it wasn't improving in the right direction for me. So refunded it no questions asked as the game hadnt actually released yet. 

Reading the forums and sub on Reddit at the time, I wasn't the only one. 

It didn't help that FM 23 was very underwhelming, but that 2 week window of playing the beta before release give the opportunity for lots of people to play and return for free

3 minutes ago, trevjim said:

SI are reluctant to release it too early due to Steams refund policy. I bought FM 23 last year, played the beta solid for a week. Realised it wasn't improving in the right direction for me. So refunded it no questions asked as the game hadnt actually released yet. 

It didn't help that FM 23 was very underwhelming, but that 2 week window of playing the beta before release give the opportunity for lots of people to play and return for free

As far I am aware, the Steam refund policy is only applicable if you have played a game for less than two hours.

So, you must have not done much in said solid week of playing the beta.

Just now, SMV90 said:

As far I am aware, the Steam refund policy is only applicable if you have played a game for less than two hours.

You are correct, but as I explained in the post, because it's the beta, you can refund at any time with as many hours played as you want

11 минут назад, trevjim сказал:

Two weeks is a good time to form an opinion about the game. In addition, there will be a demo version after release, so there is no point in rushing. I still play FM22 because this engine fulfills 95% of my ideas. I tried the FM23 demo and realized that I was not ready to waste my time on it. That's how it works, Miles doesn't force you to pre-order the game.

The public beta is not a privilege, but a last-ditch attempt to polish the game with a large number of "agents". Obviously, before public release of beta it needs to be prepared into the necessary conditions.

Edited by Novem9

24 minutes ago, SMV90 said:

It’s either Monday 23rd or Thursday 26th.

As much as I want it today, tomorrow, enough people have tried to undermine Miles by giving their own release date.

As such, through pure spite, we have a week to wait.

If he waits to the 26th that would be a beta of 10 days. I think I'll have refunded by then!

8 minutes ago, SMV90 said:

It was pretty clear in half an hour the game wasn't good. At least Jacobson this time has admitted so, a step forward.

46 minutes ago, XaW said:

This speaks to me, I have one, but she awoke about 7 times this night...

Me at work today:

Sleepy Gif - GIFcen

My youngest woke up at 2 with earache, took about an hour to get him back to sleep. Then the oldest was up at 5:30 so yeah. About the same

49 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

We had some developments last night. New steam DB new video changes. Miles being unhappy at the comms team who put up the steam description. Wild stuff 

I was here until about 10:30 when the wife told me to get off my phone

3 минуты назад, tropicsafc сказал:

Not a chance today. It's always been Thursday, deep down we've always known that.

This is as obvious as the fact that waiting for FM is just an excuse to show your deep human instincts by publishing animated GIFs

8 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

FFS

Guys, it doesn't matter if its an hours time, A days times or a weeks time. It's going to come out at some point. Just chill out and have some patience 

Baited GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

FFS

Guys, it doesn't matter if its an hours time, A days times or a weeks time. It's going to come out at some point. Just chill out and have some patience 

Gr8 b8 m8