The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

1 minute ago, nunch98 said:

but fifa relies on pack openings, same as csgo most popular yt are doing case openings. the audience will probably not be interested

Probably a fair point actually, I've not played fifa properly in abour 20 years.

The point that they're looking to grab that wider audience isn't wrong though. I know plenty of people that enjoy both Fifa and FM.

Edited by KeiranShikari

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

You are entitled to your opinion. However your opinion is wrong.

Football Manager content is very popular on Youtube.

I understand you are frustrated but to take it out on people who get the game a day before you is so silly.

I can't find a way to prove this to you but I know that sales of Football Manager have gone up year by year and that is to a degree because of content creators on Youtube and Twitch.

I'm not taking it out on them, not sure where you got that from? If i'd have posted on any of their channels absolutely you would be right but i didn't/ Relative to other games football manager engagement, viewership and watchtime is consdierably lower, so to claim its very popular is ludicrous.

On the sales i'd love to see the stats behind it because i genuinely doubt it would drive sales in the way that it would for a CoD game or rocket league, but i'm happy to be proven wrong with data.

All i've done is mention on an SI site that i think they have taken the wrong approach. I would not go to one of these youtubers and say it there which would be taking it out on them as there is no benefit. So for you to make that claim is poor curtesy on your part i believe  

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

We are slowly turning back to Youtubers here.... Do people really want to be yeeted out of the thread?

I don't get why the whole Youtube thing is such an issue. People need to relax & leave each other too it

Edited by AndyEs
missing context

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

In my defence. I am trying to deter them by telling them they are wrong. I know that is probably not helping but the urge to put them in their place is too tempting :D

xkcd: Duty Calls

Just now, AndyEs said:

I don't get why it's such an issue. People need to relax & leave each other too it

Because every time it happens, people take personal digs at others. Simple as that.

Just now, jim owen said:

I'm not taking it out on them, not sure where you got that from? If i'd have posted on any of their channels absolutely you would be right but i didn't/ Relative to other games football manager engagement, viewership and watchtime is consdierably lower, so to claim its very popular is ludicrous.

On the sales i'd love to see the stats behind it because i genuinely doubt it would drive sales in the way that it would for a CoD game or rocket league, but i'm happy to be proven wrong with data.

All i've done is mention on an SI site that i think they have taken the wrong approach. I would not go to one of these youtubers and say it there which would be taking it out on them as there is no benefit. So for you to make that claim is poor curtesy on your part i believe  

you can't come into someones house and tell them they're loading their dishwasher wrong

Just now, AndyEs said:

sorry I mean I don't get why the whole Youtube thing is such a big deal. Important context haha.

Ah, then we agree. I just want people to go back to having fun with stupid gifs and not argue over small unrelated things....

Just now, workthespace said:

I have sold over 9,000 copies of FM in the last 3 years directly via my affiliate link, I know I'm not the largest with that number either. That of course doesn't account for sales driven by myself of people who didn't use my link but bought the game elsewhere or people who watched my videos before trying out the game on game pass for example. It's impossible to quantify exactly, but I do believe online creators across all mediums have a sizable impact on driving FM sales, if SI didn't think that was the case I'm certain they wouldn't do the Alpha access for creators they do every year.

I wouldn't bother with these people. There are a generation of older people who don't understand how big youtube is, the numbers it pulls in. When I told my grandparents how many views people like Mr.Beast get they spat their drink out. There are entire live TV shows that dont get as many views as a FM youtuber on a per episode basis

1 minute ago, workthespace said:

I have sold over 9,000 copies of FM in the last 3 years directly via my affiliate link, I know I'm not the largest with that number either. That of course doesn't account for sales driven by myself of people who didn't use my link but bought the game elsewhere or people who watched my videos before trying out the game on game pass for example. It's impossible to quantify exactly, but I do believe online creators across all mediums have a sizable impact on driving FM sales, if SI didn't think that was the case I'm certain they wouldn't do the Alpha access for creators they do every year.

You don't need to explain yourself mate. Keep doing what you do. Create content, earn a living doing something you love & let people be jealous

I just wanted to join in on the countdown. Sorry guys. (Don't read into my excited 16.)

Tomorrow will be an epic day for us all. :)

Workthespace guaranteeing we are getting the Beta tomorrow.

You heard it here first people :D

Ps. I really enjoyed your journey with Guernsey. I am looking forward to your FM24 content and please please please do a network game stream with @doctorbenjy Lollujo and Zealand as that was some of the best entertainment I have ever seen.

I just wanted to join in on the countdown. Sorry guys. (Don't read into my excited 16.)

Tomorrow will be an epic day for us all. :)

Don’t forget when the beta releases and you’re downloading it, you have to wait until it’s finished - don’t resign half way through!

11 minutes ago, XaW said:

Jeg skjønner ordene, men ikke helt meningen og konteksten bak det...? Now, since I understand your native tongue, I expect you to get this without a translator! :D 

Like most languages, I only really know bad words. And for Norwegian that’s one phrase. Jeg is I though. I guess meningen is meaning. So “I something something, but what is the meaning of it”?

The amount of people complaining about YouTubers and streamers getting early access, do you know how the games industry works?

Also those complaining about not having the beta yet, you realise that SI aren’t contracted nor do they have any requirement to give us a beta? They chose to do it so that a. We get earlier access to the game instead of waiting for the full release and b. Enables them to get more info on bugs that can be resolved quicker rather than doing just a full release and then us waiting months for bugs to be resolved or addressed I.e. Cyberpunk.

Be grateful for the beta (whenever SI decide to release it) and stop your complaining

Edited by Zeonflux

5 minutes ago, workthespace said:

exactly..i buy it every year regardless and get cheapest price i can for it so i get beta lol but people watch people such as yourself and then buy the game which is good for you and them