FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Icy said:

As the community is really divided about injuries, I'm really looking forward to the day that you decide that we should have two injury settings, realistic and standard. Let's say current standard is 75% of injury chance (I think I read that number somewhere but anyway it's just a sample) so realistic would be a 100% chance. We really need more injuries, but of course not career ending ones, but the small knocks, stomach pain, flu, etc that are really common and that force a player to miss one or two games once in a while and that cause rotations in real life. I know you are against different difficulties in the game and I agree in general, but this would be a simple thing to add. Then of course when people reports that they have X number of injuries in their game, they must state which setting do they have enabled to not to drive you crazy.

@Daveincid usually does a good job in his realistic "mod" raising the number of injuries and I'm so used to play with it enabled every year for a more real life management and rotations.

There's always the option of using the pre game writer to make the injuries the way you want it. Personally I leave all of the durations the same but half the occurrence ratios . That seems to work fine.

Just now, Purple said:

There's always the option of using the pre game writer to make the injuries the way you want it. Personally I leave all of the durations the same but half the occurrence ratios . That seems to work fine.

I mean pre game editor 

I've had enough of the beta, I'll be back for full release. As much as I like the new ME improvements, there's a bunch of new problems that have come along with it and frankly, it's ruining the experience for me. So many silly short passes going straight to opposition, away games (no matter who the opposition) seem like they require a whole new tactic and I've never given away so many penalties like I have in FM24. 

21 minutes ago, brawla123 said:

I've had enough of the beta, I'll be back for full release. As much as I like the new ME improvements, there's a bunch of new problems that have come along with it and frankly, it's ruining the experience for me. So many silly short passes going straight to opposition, away games (no matter who the opposition) seem like they require a whole new tactic and I've never given away so many penalties like I have in FM24. 

I've experienced none of these issues

2 hours ago, Thalo said:

image.png.55724406df9bc2784b473cb444c97d5e.png

Is it just me or is this plot summarised incorrectly? Bottom right quadrant should be low number of oppda, high defensive line?

I noticed this in my save as well. Pretty sure the graph is mis-labelled, yes.

54 minutes ago, brawla123 said:

Ive experienced not one of these issues after 60+ hours. 

1 hour ago, Christina_D said:

That would likely be down to Guardiola's manager trait of "fits players into proposed tactic"

The AI JDT does flip between 2 formations, and it can be as many as 4 formations depending upon how the AI manager has been "built"

I would assume that if you think Pep should switch up formations a little more than he currently does then it may be worth bringing it up in the 'English Premier League Data' section of the forum, although correct me if I am wrong, but it has only been within the last 12 months (ish) that Pep has really ever started to deviate from his preferred 4-3-3

image.thumb.png.07c8515e3a7be8f7626beabc1f2bf6e5.png

image.thumb.png.7a43f69b5c263185d26f940518057961.png

Thanks for the answer. Frankly i don't see it as a data issue since, he's clearly set-up with the right formations, just that he doesn't seem to use the 4-2-3-1 at all which is a bit strange.
Also, comparing your example, Thomasson seems to have 4-2-3-1 both on second and attacking formations, while Pep only has it as a second pref?
Could be why Thomasson switches and Pep doesnt? Although a bit strange that if it's on the second slot , it's never used.

image.thumb.png.3b73d63b613cc6d39e2b9a792b62e050.png

Edited by andu1
add image

I've been keeping track of how the Loan Manager handles offers that includes Mandatory & Optional Future fees. For that most part, the Loan offers have been handled correctly by only including allowing players to go out on loan with no future fee. Much better than '23, where Loan offers were handled horribly. 

Then there are times like this. For the umpteenth time, Loan means Loan. Transfer means Transfer! :seagull:

Do I have to go back to handling all loan offers for Youth players myself? Again?!

Inbox_1.thumb.jpg.6a0120f32d62282d3edc09dd7b05124f.jpg

Loan.thumb.jpg.f42f2fa89808137616b0b91382117f2c.jpg

Man City are winning most weeks and have only lost 2 league games. Why would Guardiola be switching formation all the time?

Losses seem to come against high profile sides, would be interesting to know if the AI manager would notice that and react by changing it in the next match.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Man City are winning most weeks and have only lost 2 league games. Why would Guardiola be switching formation all the time?

Losses seem to come against high profile sides, would be interesting to know if the AI manager would notice that and react by changing it in the next match.

Intrestingly enough.. the only AI manager i could find that efficiently uses his second pref is Unay Emery... Maybe because his 1st in an attacking 4-2-4..

Just look how he efficiently uses his 4-2-3-1 only against top sides... Winning against Arsenal and Liverpool and drawing with Chelsea...

Why wont Guardiola try to switch formations against some sides ? Especially City are 4th in my save....

image.thumb.png.73231fc3edcf7835c05a4308996ac822.pngimage.thumb.png.267402a72d215d9fb38714701aaab598.png

2 hours ago, lblanc said:

Question about real world mode...with Sandro Tonalis ban all but confirmed will his ban be hard coded into the game from the start or will it start as per the date he's banned?

No idea but normal FM policy is not to make a change in FM data to match real life until its actually happened which is sensible in my view. There could also be legal / licence conditions. Think on this, FM bans him before an official ruling would not be good for many reasons. In any case the db will be locked by now, perhaps some very high profile changes irl may make it if they happen just before or very close after release date but wont be many

Maybe if its announced by the end of year it will make a winter update

• If your team plays ball control
  • There was a weaker opponent against you
  • Opponent's % of possession is higher than yours, although their style/formation is not possession-centric
  • please share pkm examples in this thread:

Many thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, Novem9 said:
  • If your team plays ball control
  • There was a weaker opponent against you
  • Opponent's % of possession is higher than yours, although their style/formation is not possession-centric
  • please share pkm examples in this thread:

Many thanks in advance!

Had this issue on previous games and was quite well documented on the forums. I will go back and check my stats in my Salzburg save and if looks/sounds similar I will add to the thread. I recall one game I only have 30% possession for about 35 mins, but end of game it evened out. That may well be same issue, something did seem off that game. I’ll check and add if so

45 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Intrestingly enough.. the only AI manager i could find that efficiently uses his second pref is Unay Emery... Maybe because his 1st in an attacking 4-2-4..

Just look how he efficiently uses his 4-2-3-1 only against top sides... Winning against Arsenal and Liverpool and drawing with Chelsea...

Why wont Guardiola try to switch formations against some sides ? Especially City are 4th in my save....

Clubs have preferred tactics set, not just managers. I guess if they differ, then the manager may be more willing to change to the club's tactic. Pep and City might be a match up, and if they are winning games, there's no need to try anything new. City will very very rarely go into a game as underdogs, too - so would play to their own strengths.

Could we have the same thing as the option in FM settings? Or default thing if members don't mind

image.png.ab10f8ac3a5a0a5f91257ae85baaf480.png

I'm talking about added time design

Penalty design is better too as FM default. 

image.png.0a6b0dfbb2a2b434b536edff3f2ae34e.png

I'm not asking you to do all this UEFA stuff, but big large icons at the bottom of the screen are much more pleasing to the eyes and brain than a small scoreboard at the top

We had option that I miss. After loading the match, it showed the number of substitutions in the first 11 compared to previous match. And details who exactly changed in squad. I don't see it now.

Ideally, it would be great to see this BEFORE confirming the first 11 for current game

Edited by Novem9

And the last one for now :)

Please add keyboard hotkey to hide the bottom panel in match window. Use mouse to click this arrow image.png.29871d36c7c3a785fec3ad905ade81bd.png is longer and tiring. A simple button 'H' click for example is much better

1 час назад, craiigman сказал:

Had this issue on previous games and was quite well documented on the forums. I will go back and check my stats in my Salzburg save and if looks/sounds similar I will add to the thread. I recall one game I only have 30% possession for about 35 mins, but end of game it evened out. That may well be same issue, something did seem off that game. I’ll check and add if so

I can't say it's the same issue as before. I remember this old problem.

For now I have even 73-76% possession at full time of official matches. But some suspicious matches happened where AI underdog had a lot of ball control

Please, please put a confirmation button on "Reset to default" from Reset menu drop down !
One mouse slip from Clear Cache and everything is defaulted - and the most annoying thing is the reset of default folder.
It's not the first year that this issue has been brought up. 

1 minute ago, brawla123 said:

Can someone help me understand what happened here...

Seems on par with Onana so far this season, I'd say. :p

In all seriousness, I'd report that in the bug tracker. I'd guess he is meant to miss the ball or something, but it just looks bad, so just report it with a .pkm, so SI can look at it.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Seems on par with Onana so far this season, I'd say. :p

In all seriousness, I'd report that in the bug tracker. I'd guess he is meant to miss the ball or something, but it just looks bad, so just report it with a .pkm, so SI can look at it.

I initially thought the same but it seemed like a straightforward clearance 😂I’ll post in there now 

I'm enjoying the improved match engine a lot: the players and the ball feel "heavier" than before, the movement seems more natural and realistic. With the exception of one hilariously bad back pass I saw on stream and one defensive set piece where two opposition players somehow remained completely unmarked, I've not seen a single situation that looked unrealistic. My only complain would be about ball physics seemingly going haywire occasionally after goalkeeper parries it out of bounds: it feels like the ball is flying at impossible angles for an incredible distance compared to normal deflections that keep the ball within the pitch.

38 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

SI: "We are going to make AI transfers better!"

Also SI:

image.png.bf14f07b71683937bad77b15a29a4516.png

image.png.7d58c3de3004c788433dd714fc1fee3e.png

image.png.9aa47198745242e0d915750b2385f9e1.png

The list just goes on....

And as the hour grows late, their offers are getting smaller and smaller, Great transfer strategy!

Why don't you just make the player unavailable for loan? 

Graphics and match engine more pleasing to watch this year. But I'm not convinced about long range goals from mediocre players. Match engine still not realistic enough about how some goals scored if some players should score. 

Edited by baris28

Is FM24 tougher or am I just having bad luck?

My players just aren't performing consistently. Went 2-0 up in my last game, then 3-1. Drew 3-3. My players just seem to switch off when we're doing well.

I criticise players and they think they're doing well.

It seems to me that opponents are really able to up their game and playing on the break is powerful. Perhaps combined with a mentality to just go for broke.

Having my DM dwell on the ball in the box and then bring down the player that nabbed it didn't help.

But I'm struggling to get my squad performing so far in FM24. It's bloody frustrating.

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

Is FM24 tougher or am I just having bad luck?

My players just aren't performing consistently. Went 2-0 up in my last game, then 3-1. Drew 3-3. My players just seem to switch off when we're doing well.

I criticise players and they think they're doing well.

It seems to me that opponents are really able to up their game and playing on the break is powerful. Perhaps combined with a mentality to just go for broke.

Having my DM dwell on the ball in the box and then bring down the player that nabbed it didn't help.

But I'm struggling to get my squad performing so far in FM24. It's bloody frustrating.

Give it some time, do the usual stuff, find a default starting tactic and tweak slightly as you go along. keep players happy! but gegen seems more OP again.

How long are players unhappy for in FM24? It's 20 Dec and a player is still unhappy for a team talk on 2 October!!

My key striker is still unhappy from last season for broken contract renewal promises. even though his contract was renewed in June!!!!

I have played two seasons and most these observations have come from the second season as the first season seemed relatively fine

- There's a lot of goals being conceded regardless of tactic. Mostly late goals too. Seems this is a common problem
 - Lots of 5-3 and 6-3 are regular score lines throughout the league
 - Lower league teams, usually at the bottom of the league, are stringing together 30 passes without mistake and scoring. This happens as frequently as once every other game
 - I had a player be unhappy I didn't sign a midfielder... despite signing 4 to keep him happy
 - Loads of players holding months long grudges over a team talk. That's probably not a bug but its a least a place I can tell them to get over themselves!

1 hour ago, StephenG said:

Does anyone still do their press conferences anymore? They feel like such a waste of time!!

No way. I dont use press conference since FM22, best thing i have done. Its much faster without them, i leave it 2 assistent. 

1 hour ago, anagain said:

I want more from match shouts. There's no options, or the options that there are don't do what you'd think they should do.

If I'm losing and I Demand More it never seems to make a difference. Fire Up just seems to make them worse.

Encourage does something, but is it enough to make them play better?

When I'm winning there's so little to say. Players will hate encouragement. Focus will just make them lose focus. Praise is surely just too much to use it all the time, especially if we're winning but not exactly bossing things completely.

Watch the telly and managers are shouting all the time, or the assistants are.

I know the shouts have to be balanced, but I want to talk to my players more, and I want different option. I especially want options for which I have some vague idea about what they do?

Why does encourage only seem to have any benefit when we're not winning? Shouldn't encouraging players that are winning encourage them to do even better and oush for the next goal?

Focus should tell players to concentrate regardless of their body language. I have long found complacency in FM to seem to be something I can never do anything to beat. Sometimes telling players not to get complacent at half time will work, but talking to my players should be the primary method for this.

I justw ant more from shouts. I want to feel like I am making a difference when I urge my players to do better or shout at them to actually play football.

You missed the other one useful shout and that is berate when losing.

Encourage and demand more for drawing and if I've already berated them for losing.

Praise if we are winning.

Every other shout I find has a negative effect on players.