The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

7 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I mean look at the Northern Ireland attempts, 90% of them are for Crewe United because it’s usually them or Belfast celtic that get promoted in the first season

Not much choice in Northern Ireland. I reload at least 40 times to try and get someone different with no luck. It was 70-80% Belfast Celtic, so I took Crewe because their facilities were worse and in the middle of cows and sheep.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, had a massive break from playing as it turned out too frustrating. Stepped back in yesterday and got a 5:0 thrashing but okay I’m back for good. 
does anybody have these nice bingo cards for England for a download? Thanks 

@fries impressive work congrats!

@Padders still following your road you‘ll do it you‘re my hero still 

13 hours ago, Daddy said:

@scarp what @Neo_Geo is saying! I got lucky and got a tycoon early, so I'm looking forward to seeing your story play out!

@Daddy Thank you! Fingers crossed you get it done, how far you are from winning CL you reckon? Finances are indeed quite challenging, and even though the facilities were OK to start with, they're already losing their status.

4 hours ago, scarp said:

@Daddy Thank you! Fingers crossed you get it done, how far you are from winning CL you reckon? Finances are indeed quite challenging, and even though the facilities were OK to start with, they're already losing their status.

Very close. Hopefully today close!

I hear you @XaW England is a mammoth undertaking, so many games, so many tiers.

Seeing @WhiteCat33 with 22 games in a truly unique setting looks very appealing.

Hopefully you can get one of these saves to stick to lead you through to FM25

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

Very close. Hopefully today close!

Good luck! I must admit that in the end the sense of uniqueness for my challenge was too much handle. I will start a new one and see if I can stick with that one for a moment.

What's your personal record for most seasons spent in the lowest league possible? 

Will be 7 seasons at the end of this one. Hard to be semi-pro and ever get into the playoff hunt, it seems.

Maybe we'll get a few good kids this year at least.

spacer.png

So, we don't have any money to go pro, and the board keeps denying my requests to move on from being semi-pro..BUT...they want to build a $6 million stadium?

Will this help me with anything? Or just more debt so we can't go pro anytime soon?

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I hear you @XaW England is a mammoth undertaking, so many games, so many tiers.

Seeing @WhiteCat33 with 22 games in a truly unique setting looks very appealing.

Hopefully you can get one of these saves to stick to lead you through to FM25

The water's warm in the Caribbean!

1 hour ago, mschafer13 said:

So, we don't have any money to go pro, and the board keeps denying my requests to move on from being semi-pro..BUT...they want to build a $6 million stadium?

Will this help me with anything? Or just more debt so we can't go pro anytime soon?

spacer.png

Usually the board are willing to go professional when you have around a million pounds in the bank. The stadium might be of necessity though, if your old one is too small and/or old and the maintenance costs are too high.

1 hour ago, CJ'43 said:

image.png.50e6884283260c5bb00964bb3e098e

Kavala Football Club / Αθλητικός Όμιλος Καβάλα

Season 35 - 2058/59

Schedule / Squad / Transfers / Finances / Manager

Season summary: For the 9th time in our history, we are the champions of Greece! After a solid regular season, where we finished 2nd, we displayed remarkable consistency in the championship group, remaining unbeaten and finishing 4 points ahead of Asteras Tripolis.

In the Greek Cup, we started strong by easily defeating Panachaiki from the 2nd division. However, in the quarter-finals, we faced a setback, losing 5-2 to Aigaleo in the first leg. Despite this, we mounted an incredible comeback, winning 6-5 on aggregate. We then defeated Asteras Tripolis, our main rival in Greece at the moment, in the semi-finals, and went on to beat PAOK in the national stadium to lift our 4th Greek Cup.

Unlike last year, we had a comfortable run in the Champions League group stage, winning 4 matches and competing for a top-8 spot until the end. The only unexpected result was a loss to Lyon in France. We finished 13th, which led us to face Milan in the knockout stage—a team we had defeated in the league phase months earlier. After a draw in Italy, we had a thrilling match in Kavala, where we secured a 2-1 victory, with the winning goal coming just a minute after conceding an equalizer in the 94th minute. In the Round of 16, we faced another familiar opponent from the group stage: Manchester City. After losing 1-0 in England previously, this time we managed a 2-1 victory at home and held on for a 2-2 draw away, earning us a historic first-ever quarter-final appearance. There, we faced Manchester United, whom we beat comfortably 4-1 at home, advancing to the semi-finals with a 4-2 aggregate. In the semis, Liverpool awaited us. We played two strong matches, but after a 1-0 loss in the UK, we couldn’t progress past a 1-1 draw at home. It was our best campaign in the competition so far, though for the 5th time, Liverpool knocked us out. Liverpool ended up winning the competition.

2252570_20240820163236_1.png.92d513ad9d156b41d28fcec91308d815.png

I receive the Manager of the Year award for the 13th season. Several of our players were included in the Super League Best XI: Prokopis Varsamidis (56c), Erkan Abazaj (51b), Thodoros Bedrelis (47d), Giorgos Lyberakis (46a), and Christos Kygais (56a). Bedrelis was also named Greek Player of the Year, with Kygais finishing 3rd. Our 18-year-old right-winger was ranked the second most promising youth player in the world by NXGN, with Varsamidis (56c) in 43rd place. Ilias Giannikoglou (47), despite missing two months due to injury, was once again our top goalscorer with 19 goals. Meanwhile, our Brazilian wonderkid, Pierre (54e), won the European Golden Boy award.

Youth intake: some promising talents like Panagiotis Tsanaktsoglou and Andreas Stamatopoulos. It was another glorious year for our U19s, who comfortably won their 26th consecutive Greek title and their 7th UEFA Youth League.

Team history:

image.thumb.png.bc4ad38a6954b443b2071446fe032747.png

Manager history:

image.thumb.png.33e62aa3769b39d88312e97a4a50199a.png

Such a shame about the semi final loss. Do you think you are getting close now? 

The scores suggest you are!

8 hours ago, XaW said:

Ok, I've restarted a lot lately, but I don't really feel the saves anymore, sorry about that. But rather than continue in England, I think I'll have another try in Wales, as I really want fewer league games. The 46 match season in England is a bit much really.

I feel ya, I was enjoying my time at Dulwich but then had to take a few days off and I just can't get back into it and the thought of starting a new save fills me dread so I've just stopped playing all together. Hopefully I'll find the buzz again in time for FM25 :( 

2 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I feel ya, I was enjoying my time at Dulwich but then had to take a few days off and I just can't get back into it and the thought of starting a new save fills me dread so I've just stopped playing all together. Hopefully I'll find the buzz again in time for FM25 :( 

Yeah, was a bit much right now, so a shorter season in Wales should be a good change.

Though this hurts a bit when I have 13 players in my squad...

RhvIWrb.png

So I think I'll finally have to concede and actually play greys this time.

@Neo_Geo if you do plan on playing a French overseas department save, make sure to load in daveincid's fix for the Coupe de France registration bug. It's in his Realisim Megapack.

If you're curious how strong the top clubs got in North America, I exported the top 2-4 teams from the major nations in my FM23 save and used my spreadsheet to calculate Squad CA Averages.

A key caveat is my save didn't have @V50 fully implemented Caribbean Shield & Cup system, so there was less money and reputation available for non-top clubs in nations.

Here are some quick rough graphs to show the general 50 year development

Spoiler

In my opinion the AI for the MLS needs to be seriously improved so they can build better squads. The MLS registration system is really complicated and its common to see the AI play millions for a player just to release him a season later due to lacking international slots or GAM/TAM for the cap buyout.

image.thumb.png.b9dd727ecab08bc1e7e004ec5aec4af0.png

Costa Rica on the other hand is a nation that improves significantly as the game goes on. Very regularly there was a top 10 wonderkid out of Costa Rica. It was hard finding a good version of the league but I found a concacaf megapack that had all the Central American countries. Could be an interesting destination for a tougher domestic league.

image.thumb.png.6831e31ddd67d2c7bb9f70ee68ae9a36.png

image.png.ca338e2c21285debebbbdf30c21602f1.png

30 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

@Neo_Geo if you do plan on playing a French overseas department save, make sure to load in daveincid's fix for the Coupe de France registration bug. It's in his Realisim Megapack.

If you're curious how strong the top clubs got in North America, I exported the top 2-4 teams from the major nations in my FM23 save and used my spreadsheet to calculate Squad CA Averages.

A key caveat is my save didn't have @V50 fully implemented Caribbean Shield & Cup system, so there was less money and reputation available for non-top clubs in nations.

Here are some quick rough graphs to show the general 50 year development

Reveal hidden contents

In my opinion the AI for the MLS needs to be seriously improved so they can build better squads. The MLS registration system is really complicated and its common to see the AI play millions for a player just to release him a season later due to lacking international slots or GAM/TAM for the cap buyout.

image.thumb.png.b9dd727ecab08bc1e7e004ec5aec4af0.png

Costa Rica on the other hand is a nation that improves significantly as the game goes on. Very regularly there was a top 10 wonderkid out of Costa Rica. It was hard finding a good version of the league but I found a concacaf megapack that had all the Central American countries. Could be an interesting destination for a tougher domestic league.

image.thumb.png.6831e31ddd67d2c7bb9f70ee68ae9a36.png

image.png.ca338e2c21285debebbbdf30c21602f1.png

Awesome, if I get bored (or sacked) in Croatia I may just look to do a build a nation save that starts as youth only though with only a few months to FM25 I doubt I’d get that far!

14 hours ago, naterr said:

Such a shame about the semi final loss. Do you think you are getting close now? 

The scores suggest you are!

I don't think so, to be honest. We were fortunate to make it that far in the competition. Our defense still isn't at the level it needs to be, which is frustrating because our front three are entering their 30s. If we don't win the UCL in the next couple of years, it could take a long time to put together an attack as good as this one again.

2252570_20240821100615_1.png.684cd6189d464e1990a84115f088a5bb.png

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

Quick question , Do you offer contract extensions to players already in your squad?, or do you feel it is a bit against the challenges rules?

You are allowed to do that. And it is probably necessary in many countries to do that in order to survive the first few years.

On 19/10/2023 at 17:19, darren1983 said:

You're allowed to keep any player that starts under contract, you can extend their contracts as often as you like

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

Quick question , Do you offer contract extensions to players already in your squad?, or do you feel it is a bit against the challenges rules?

They are perfectly acceptable to use for as long as you want.

15 hours ago, scarp said:

Ústí nad Labem 2026/27

cd9b1666853d1d6a0e70db9dea6be846.png

Not gonna lie, I was very close to stopping playing with us losing our professional status after finishing 3rd last season. We started the season with the board selling our biggest talent Lukas Rezac for only 44k (140k), which was a low blow as we do not really have that many options in central defense. At first I agreed to him continuin with us on loan until the rest of the season but afterwards I realized it might be against the rules, so I terminated his loan (after 28 days - earliest possible) with him not playing any game for us on loan - by the way, anyone can confirm whether keeping sold players for the remainder of the season on loan is against the rules?.

In Autumn we did not play exactly great and were placed 7th before winter break. I was feeling quite sad about it as I enjoyed the save thus far but with us moving to semi-pro and majority of players on contract until the end of the year, we would probably have to let go of most our players in summer on free. Something clicked through the winter break though, our full-back Vrabec and Filbert stepped up the game massively and Cerny and Bunes made fans forget about Kucera (who has became a fringe player, but still managed to score three important goals). We started winning comfortably most of the games and locked in play-offs with 3 games in advance. Coming into the last game of the season we were 3rd behind Sparta B and Hradec Kralove and we were playing away at Jihlava. We managed to get a draw and at the same time Hradec lost their home game to Teplice, thus promoting us to 2nd place in the table! And considering Sparta B team cannot be promoted, we have been promoted straight to the First Division!!!

c6f64effd22347751419a305591ad4b4.png7052790795fad2f8d765d9a855baa0b2.png

Key players: Petr RybickaJakub Vrabec & Adam Cerny

Youth watch: Stanislav TrappSeidu Mensah & Jiri Schut

b6b7d59d0579f4300f4899ab107b630b.png

I'm glad you stuck with it!

You cannot loan back players you sell. Once they leave they're gone. You can try to set the transfer date for later.

5 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

I mean you could make the challenge even harder if you want by not allowing yourself to extend their contracts :D

33 minutes ago, mschafer13 said:

11 years without promotion...should I give up yet? :ackter:

spacer.png

Just started , think it might be a quick restart , not had the best first season. 

Croatia getting on my nerves now, the whole waiting until players are 17 to play them, my U19s still not being in a league, any players I loan out can't play until they are 17 as well and now my new chairman (despite having Develop players using clubs youth system) refuses to approve the youth facilities (asked 4 times now) despite the option never disappearing.

I'm going to do something I haven't done in a long time and re-visit an old save (I'll keep the Croatia save just in case I decide to go back there some day).

I'm going back to my Crewe United save mid-way through Season 14.

EDIT: I loaded in and had so many games in such a short space of time, not going back there

Edited by Neo_Geo

What's the general view of transfer update packs and updated clubs per league? Is this a no go? I had downloaded a pack from sortitoutsi and its enabled 35 database editor files.

Season 1 -3 East Kilbride F.C. (Scotland)

spacer.png

This is probably my 6th save that attempted and posted. They all seem to peter out. This is the last one I will try before the next edition of FM. My last few were in Northern Ireland. I always get stuck in their second division because you can only sign 1 year contracts so your academy prospects almost all leave before they become amazing or return a good profit. Scotland appears slightly easier (although unseating Celtic or Rangers will probably more difficult than rising to the top of Northern Ireland).

I decided to wait 3 seasons to post for this save because it seemed I was going to get the sack. I started with a pretty good promoted side, East Kilbride F.C., which a roster with most of their players in the prime of their career, but they all agitated to leave at the end of the year or wanted new signings. In the last two seasons I finished 6th and 8th out of 10, but I have one wonderkind winger and a couple of prospects so we will see how Season 4 goes. Can't to insert new images now...

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

Challenge Complete!

Awesome job Daddy. Great to get that victory after so much love and .... that has been put into your save.  It's been fun following along.

:applause:

1 hour ago, RCola1 said:

My last few were in Northern Ireland. I always get stuck in their second division because you can only sign 1 year contracts so your academy prospects almost all leave before they become amazing or return a good profit.

I am finding this (1 year contracts) too with Crewe. I am currently giving them a few extra £ in exchange for a club option to extend the contract for a year. That gives me 2 years of control and hopefully enough to make it up a tier.

7 hours ago, Daddy said:

Challenge Complete!

Well done!

Can you show a few of your top players. I always love to see the heroes (others than the true hero, the manager, of course) that made it happen!