Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

On 08/01/2024 at 17:02, KingCanary said:

Minor question- does anyone else get frustrated by the amount of agents/players who won't negotiate when it comes to contracts?

I don't mean they won't enter talks- just they'll come in with a number and will not budge one inch off it. I just looked to extend a couple of players with two years to run on their deals- they both wanted uplifts on their salary, fair enough but both would just not budge at all on weekly wage. One came in at £110k p.w- I said £86k (a rise from his current £68K), he said £110k. I said £92k he said £110k. I said £100k he said...£110k. Second player said £88k. I said £68k (a rise from his current £60k) he said...£88k. Again and again. 

Not saying this doesn't and shouldn't happen but I've seen it a lot this year and you'd think players sometimes might be happy with an extra two years on their deals and an extra £10-20k p/w on their wages.

Just bumping this one as I'm now having it with basically every contract renewal- player/agent sets a figure and will not budge off it by even £1k, unless I set my figure to locked. Feels a bit off.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small example of non-sense: january open market, signed a new player and one player of my squad is chosen to welcome the new signing. Problem: the player chosen is Tahremi and he is currently away for the Asian Nations Cup. :idiot:

P.S. individual training is still not fixed

On 21/01/2024 at 17:52, The About Average Jake said:

You load up your game and try sign a player, any player that Has signed a pre contract and I'd wager the game won't let you do it. The option to buy won't even be available.

Imagine you approach a player with 6 months left on his deal and he agrees to join your club on a free. It's signed and sealed. Then another club just offer his release clause, don't you think that that is an oversight during development? 

Load up the game, try to sign a U16 player with a pre-contract and you'll be able to sign him providing he's interested in moving.

Sign a pre-contract to move from a club to another it's not the same thing as a pre-arranged renewal. Any sports lawyer would disagree with you. That's why you can't sign players with future transfers but can in that situation ;) 

Endrick is an excellent example. He was on a youth contract when signed and had already a pre-arranged renewal with salary improvements. Real Madrid was able to sign him anyway :) 

Edited by João14

On 17/01/2024 at 18:38, asdfasdfsdfsaddt said:

Can someone explain to me what happened here?

2024-01-1718_29_33-Greenshot.thumb.png.7dfbaa1021adebbdf94ae4a4ce642382.png

They accepted my offer, which cancelled the offer?

I haven't negotiated on a salary with the player before.

All that has happened is that I offered the team something like 24K, they wanted 28K I think, I responded with 26.5K. Which they accepted. Which immediately cancelled the deal because of a "last offer that fell through"?

No one has a clue, then? I never got to sign this player.

1 hora atrás, alian62 disse:

Are we expecting a January patch ? 

Unfortunately.
It seems that every version of FM I need to wait for a new Patch because all the initial updates have problems in some area that for me ruins the immersion

Has anybody experienced a 'late bloomer'? Like somebody in their late 20's/early 30's developing? That was one of the promoted features. I've just realized I haven't heard anybody mention that they have. How is it even supposed to work if the PA is fixed? Is it like the player can continue to grow their attributes (so long as there's available PA) way past the usual threshold?

2 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Has anybody experienced a 'late bloomer'? Like somebody in their late 20's/early 30's developing? That was one of the promoted features. I've just realized I haven't heard anybody mention that they have. How is it even supposed to work if the PA is fixed? Is it like the player can continue to grow their attributes (so long as there's available PA) way past the usual threshold?

I have seen once. It was in Media Description.

3 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Has anybody experienced a 'late bloomer'? Like somebody in their late 20's/early 30's developing? That was one of the promoted features. I've just realized I haven't heard anybody mention that they have.

Given the general FM playerbase fixation on buying and developing young players, it’s entirely possible this feature is working as intended but no-one has noticed.

Edited by NineCloudNine

4 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

I posted image of one earlier in this thread somewhere. 

It works by having players who are developing slower in their teens and early 20s, but if the circumstances are right, the major development happens later. So if the PA is 150, and a player only reaches 100 by 21 and gets released since it appears they aren't as good, tehn another team gives them a chance and there they develop  further. 

Fuming about this one

image.png.14022661be3db35b95584cef8e2a121d.png

Adam Idah is my penalty taker. He's the only one selected in the list. He's scored a penalty already, has a penalty taking stat of 18 and is still on the pitch when we win another. So why on earth has the game decided someone else is taking the penalty, who is signifcantly worse at taking penalties and doesn't even have the old 'on a hat trick' excuse.

4 hours ago, DolphinSpain said:

It's actually incredibly unprofessional and largely unacceptable, but they get away with it every year.

Who is going to stop them 

12 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

Fuming about this one

image.png.14022661be3db35b95584cef8e2a121d.png

Adam Idah is my penalty taker. He's the only one selected in the list. He's scored a penalty already, has a penalty taking stat of 18 and is still on the pitch when we win another. So why on earth has the game decided someone else is taking the penalty, who is signifcantly worse at taking penalties and doesn't even have the old 'on a hat trick' excuse.

There's a tickbox on the penalty taker list to change the taker if a second is given.

26 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

Fkw4CtQ.png

That's on you mate.

Mate of mine sent me RDF's post 

On 03/01/2024 at 14:52, RDF Tactics said:

I've commented here a fair bit without actually dropping my own feedback of FM24. Now it really is 2024 haha I feel it's a good time to leave feedback given we've had multiple updates up to now.

I'm sorry if this comes across as cringe. My name is RDF Tactics, I stream and make YouTube content on Football Manager. Like many, I've been playing the game ever since I can remember and for that, I'm extremely passionate. Sometimes I find it hard to separate that passion from any criticism I have (same goes for when I'm praising the game) but I haven't played the game for nearly a full month so I feel I can make a more well-thought-of post.

1) With the mention of FM25, as sad as it is, I am already ready for FM25 and its release. My business regarding saves in FM24 feels like it's already done. During early access, my first few experiences really did feel like this was 'the most polished version' of Football Manager but the more hours I put in and actually played the game and used the majority of its features, I personally don't agree with it being the most polished version or close to it. Not a game as a whole anyway, maybe certain features are really well-polished. 

There are pre-existing issues in the game. Issues that have been issues for at least a couple of years which have yet to be polished or fixed. That itself is one reason why this can't be the most polished version in my eyes. Picking up this game new and leaving FM23, it was exciting that potentially some issues would be fixed. The interface is a big one for me. Creating your own view is really buggy. Player searching, some of the chalkboard searches don't work. These are issues that have been reported multiple times throughout the years. This for me makes it difficult to really enjoy FM24 as a new game. Rather than it feeling like the same game with an update. I've only picked out two examples but there are many more pre-existing issues that still exist.

2) The changes to the ME was actually quite a surprise. In terms of the new animations, ball physics etc, I feel we got more there than we asked for.

But again, annoying things from previous FMs are still very present when you are playing a match in Football Manager. I'm speaking from personal experience. I hit the woodwork an insane amount per season, and having games where I'm hitting it 5/6/7 times. Why it happens, I don't know but it really shouldn't be. I have many clips from Twitch where I've predicted the outcome of a highlight (us hitting the woodwork) purely because it's happened too often.

Penalties given when watching the ME, the contact is clearly outside the box. This is a graphical glitch I believe rather than the ref incorrectly giving a penalty but it's another thing that's been in the game and continues to be in the game. In my inbox, I get messages from the media referring to a male player as 'she, her, he and him' all in the same message. Another issue that was there before updates.

AI keeper being superman whereas my keeper can't save a thing. Maybe this is a moan, maybe. But I know football well enough to know this doesn't consistently happen to one team - like many things in the game. It's not an issue it being in the game but the regularity in which it happens. AI keeper being able to make 10 saves in a game is something I've yet got to see my keeper do. Very often the AI would have 2/3 shots on target and all going in. Again, must stress, this happens in real life. But in FM, it happens often and in all my saves.

3) Sort of touched on it in the last sentence of point 2. Many of my saves feels like the same experience. Woodwork, woodwork, dominate games AI score with only shot on target, players moan about same thing etc. I've managed many different teams so that means many different people and personalities but it very much feels like a similar experience. The same training complaints "not enough strength or quickness training" and more or less the same in-game advice despite different tactic and different staff. I've had different DOFs with different attributes recommend basically the same players.

Apologies if this feels like yet another moan, but it's not. I'm just offering my feedback.

I am someone who is not shy to post or contact someone about bugs neither. Believe it or not, I'm frequent with reporting stuff but the majority of it is private. But for almost everything I've reported, nothing really has been fixed. That's not a criticism, shot at developers or anything. FM isn't about me so what I say shouldn't be on some urgent list. But this has incredibly affected my play on FM to a point I struggle to open and play an actual save now. Because I'm coming across the same issues I have in previous saves and FMs.

Please, this also isn't so people can pile their criticism on the game. I only want the game to be the best it can be and not cause problems with staff on the game or staff/mods here. We can get more-or-less on the same page but this is just my experience/feedback. I still enjoy the game when searching around for wonderkids and creating tactics. But playing an actual save has become very difficult for me, knowing what I'm going to get.

I only post this here because there's really nowhere else for me to post. Twitter can be very toxic as a creator. And even privately, I'm not even sure where to turn anymore because I feel the perception of me is someone that is a nuisance rather than someone that just wants to help in one way or another.

This! What RDF described here happens way too often, I can not ever remember how many games I am the better team, I play beautiful football, create a lot of chances, opposition scores during the sole counter attack they produce, while being on negative x.G, after that, their goalkeeper turns to prime Buffon, and if that's not enough, the goalposts will do the job for him.  Can it happen in real life? of course, but not as often as it happens in FM.

The ME can not understand the difference between a very good possession based team vs an average team that also happens to play tiki-taka for example, doesn't matter if you have world class players, you will share possession no matter what. 

These are just examples of match engine issues  (and there are a lot more of them), let's talk about the actual game and interactions. 

You have players literally complaining about anything, from wanting a new contract 4 months after you signed them! I had my right back at a point complaining he wanted more game time after 15 games in the season. He started 12 of them. 

Assistant manager suggestions about training, opposition or whatever is just practically a joke now. Example " let's ask our goalkeeper to start using both feet, despite he can only use his left one to get on the bus. So after he successfully learns to use both feet, our dear assistant manager will suggest to make sure we train our keeper to avoid using his weaker foot" and this endless cycle never ends. This is not something new by the way, it has been part of the FM series since forever. 

I am actually scared of what is waiting for us in FM 25 with a new engine. 

God help us all.

Edited by Vader17

I've been playing FM since 2005. It's by far the best, but unfortunately also the easiest. I've won the Vanarama N/S championship three times with different teams and their original squads from the midfield with over 100 points. But the really negative thing for me is that I have extreme problems extending contracts due to absurd salary demands....

1 hour ago, Bahoi said:

Can someone help me with an answer regarding the latest ME version? I am on 24.2.0.0 Was it updated with 24.2.1?  Thank you!

Database Version: 24.0
Game Version: 24.2.1
Match Engine Version: 24.2

Click on FM logo (top right corner) and go to Game Status. From there you can find the information.

Edited by fc.cadoni

18 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

One buys a full release in November, only to be able to play decently 5 months later, it's been like this for years. Is there any other game like this ? 

DICE - Battlefield is an example. Call of Duty from the other hand. Not to mention GTA from Rockstar.

For me the ME has reverted back to being FM23'ish. I realise the original release wasn't perfect but it was certainly prettier, less robotic IMO.

I'm not a programmer and I realise this will have undoubtably been asked before but what prevents the ME updates being separated from other updates? I know some turn auto updates off but that is too much of a sacrifice to keep an ME version intact. 

39 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Database Version: 24.0
Game Version: 24.2.1
Match Engine Version: 24.2

Click on FM logo (top right corner) and go to Game Status. From there you can find the information.

Thank you!

Three games in a row were I should be winning in terms of xG. Do you guys struggle with this too? My apponents always seem to score well under 1 xG, were I ussually need 3 or more xG to score just the one goal.

image.png.ec7e1af45938c2a936b227cdddf9e550.png

image.png.49cd2852af48d2a56d046f93685a744a.png

image.png.bec922eeeea6ee5584a2bbf8b0eff0f2.png

3 minutes ago, D-Foxx said:

Three games in a row were I should be winning in terms of xG. Do you guys struggle with this too? My apponents always seem to score well under 1 xG, were I ussually need 3 or more xG to score just the one goal.

image.png.ec7e1af45938c2a936b227cdddf9e550.png

image.png.49cd2852af48d2a56d046f93685a744a.png

image.png.bec922eeeea6ee5584a2bbf8b0eff0f2.png

Your shots on target percentage is pretty low, anything under 50% would worry me. Maybe the tempo you are using is a bit high for the technical ability of your squad?

1 minute ago, waldywaldy said:

Your shots on target percentage is pretty low, anything under 50% would worry me. Maybe the tempo you are using is a bit high for the technical ability of your squad?

Maybe your right, I'll have a look. Cheers!

6 hours ago, Vader17 said:

Mate of mine sent me RDF's post 

This! What RDF described here happens way too often, I can not ever remember how many games I am the better team, I play beautiful football, create a lot of chances, opposition scores during the sole counter attack they produce, while being on negative x.G, after that, their goalkeeper turns to prime Buffon, and if that's not enough, the goalposts will do the job for him.  Can it happen in real life? of course, but not as often as it happens in FM.

The ME can not understand the difference between a very good possession based team vs an average team that also happens to play tiki-taka for example, doesn't matter if you have world class players, you will share possession no matter what. 

These are just examples of match engine issues  (and there are a lot more of them), let's talk about the actual game and interactions. 

You have players literally complaining about anything, from wanting a new contract 4 months after you signed them! I had my right back at a point complaining he wanted more game time after 15 games in the season. He started 12 of them. 

Assistant manager suggestions about training, opposition or whatever is just practically a joke now. Example " let's ask our goalkeeper to start using both feet, despite he can only use his left one to get on the bus. So after he successfully learns to use both feet, our dear assistant manager will suggest to make sure we train our keeper to avoid using his weaker foot" and this endless cycle never ends. This is not something new by the way, it has been part of the FM series since forever. 

I am actually scared of what is waiting for us in FM 25 with a new engine. 

God help us all.

It's only a new Graphics engine isn't it ? 

22 ore fa, Rodrigogc ha scritto:

One buys a full release in November, only to be able to play decently 5 months later, it's been like this for years. Is there any other game like this ? 

There are plenty.

• FM 19
  • FM20
  • FM21
  • FM22
  • FM23
  • FM23
  • Especially FM23

Apart from that, anything by EA and Bethesda. And CS2 and Ksp2 too (pun intended)

Never buy on day 1.
And for FM/FIFA/EAFC avoid buying every single edition. Buy every few years
Because If you keep buying year after year, they'll pay more attention to money than to the complaints.

Edited by DottorCaligari

6 hours ago, alian62 said:

It's only a new Graphics engine isn't it ? 

A new graphics engine and UI if I recall correctly? FM24 will be the 'last of its kind' - which can be interpreted in an number of ways. The ME will be an updated version of what we currently have. I have both high hopes and huge concerns with what we might end up with. The level of challenge is diminishing year on year and I don't see this changing at all. As long as overly aggressive systems aren't punished, overachieving will be part of FM's DNA.  

3 hours ago, rdbayly said:

A new graphics engine and UI if I recall correctly? FM24 will be the 'last of its kind' - which can be interpreted in an number of ways. The ME will be an updated version of what we currently have. I have both high hopes and huge concerns with what we might end up with. The level of challenge is diminishing year on year and I don't see this changing at all. As long as overly aggressive systems aren't punished, overachieving will be part of FM's DNA.  

Yes, I would expect the ME to be another evolution of the existing one - whether Unity has some tricks (better distribution between CPU cores?) that will enable them to increase the depth of the calculations I don't know, but there's a huge amount of embedded knowledge in the current engine so I'd expect it to continue.  Match graphics should certainly receive a significant boost, though that relies on SI having employed the services of better 3D modellers and animators.  UI is where I think we'll see a distinct break from the FM18-24 look and feel. Will also be interesting to see if they take a different approach to newgen/staff faces.

Edited by rp1966

13 hours ago, janrzm said:

For me the ME has reverted back to being FM23'ish. I realise the original release wasn't perfect but it was certainly prettier, less robotic IMO.

I'd agree with that.  Compared to the initial ME (which I acknowledge often generated too many goals) the attacking play doesn't feel as natural and fluid.  Variety is down and if you watch games on comprehensive, too many good chances seem to end in unlikely misses or overly effective defensive actions (not quite the super-keeper or teleporting blocking defenders of some  older editions, but heading that way) - It just feels a little obviously nerfed.  I know that's a very subjective thing based on the feel of play in the match visualiser, but the initial ME didn't have that feeling.  I think matchday feel and realistic play-by-play outcomes were sacrificed for more realistic scorelines at the macro/statistical level/

Edited by rp1966

So, what does the target "Develop the best youth system in the country" really mean as an objective? 

Reason I ask is I'm not sure if this is a buggy feature.

I took over West Ham and this target was locked in, I can't ask anything more of the board as it's all upgraded to the highest; improve youth facilities, recruitment, junior coaching etc. This season I've also played 3-4 players from the under 18s in the first team too. I've been there 10 months and been failed on it.

I presume I'm missing something, or it's a buggy feature - so what is the requirement to hit this?

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

So, what does the target "Develop the best youth system in the country" really mean as an objective? 

I presume I'm missing something, or it's a buggy feature - so what is the requirement to hit this?

I believe you would need to have West Ham be the club with the greatest number of academy graduates (defined as ‘trained at club…’) playing professionally (for any club) in England. You get a news report ranking clubs on this every now and then. Clearly playing them yourself helps, but it won’t be enough.

It’s a tough objective and failing you on it after less than a year is harsh, but unless you got sacked it’s not that big a deal is it?

1 hour ago, Koffing said:

how is this not an offside

Would be a clear offside for me. The only thing there is the deflection from the defender _could_ be a "deliberate action" and thus reset the offside phase. Like we've seen a few times in real life where no one can think that's not offside...

Like the one Mbappé scored vs Spain a few years ago.

Since in FM the game "knows" the intention of the players it could have been a miskick by the defender, but that's just me speculating. I'd post this in the bug tracker, to let SI take a look.

5 dakika önce, XaW said:

Would be a clear offside for me. The only thing there is the deflection from the defender _could_ be a "deliberate action" and thus reset the offside phase. Like we've seen a few times in real life where no one can think that's not offside...

Like the one Mbappé scored vs Spain a few years ago.

Since in FM the game "knows" the intention of the players it could have been a miskick by the defender, but that's just me speculating. I'd post this in the bug tracker, to let SI take a look.

Appreciate the comments but for deliberate action seems impossible for me because the guy on the edge of the box is shooting  so clear offside.The representation is terrible 

Just now, Koffing said:

Appreciate the comments but for deliberate action seems impossible for me because the guy on the edge of the box is shooting  so clear offside.The representation is terrible 

Agreed, that's why you should report it in the bug tracker. It's either a wrong offside, or a poor representation of a deliberate miskick. Either way SI can look at it.

17 dakika önce, NineCloudNine said:

It is. Feel free to rant about it in your post-match press conference :brock:

would go as far as getting myself banned but the game does not think its error so no ranting

1 hour ago, NineCloudNine said:

It is. Feel free to rant about it in your post-match press conference :brock:

I'd be waiting with bated breath for that question to pop up. Instead, I'd get asked about my u21 fullback and my thoughts on Barnsley sacking their manager.

4 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I believe you would need to have West Ham be the club with the greatest number of academy graduates (defined as ‘trained at club…’) playing professionally (for any club) in England. You get a news report ranking clubs on this every now and then. Clearly playing them yourself helps, but it won’t be enough.

It’s a tough objective and failing you on it after less than a year is harsh, but unless you got sacked it’s not that big a deal is it?

Feels like that isn't something I can't achieve in just 10 months - that news report did come through but we we're 10th, the gap to first is impossible to make in 10 months.

No idea if I've been sacked as I've not pressed continue yet :D 

Edited by stevemc

At this point I'm utterly convinced I could have Miles Jacobsen himself as my GK in my team and it wouldn't have any bearing on the result. 

What do they offer at all in a good team? Because I'm truly not seeing anything that would make me think it's worth spending a lot of money on one. 

AI GAME MANAGMENT.

Something that has been lacking and needs fixing in the future to make the game harder and more of a challenge.

First thing is the AI teams resting their best players in the biggest games, I'm top of the league and Man City are 2nd. They rest Haaland and Foden not even on the bench. they're fully fit, they haven't played for 5 days and the game after me is a week later. Champions League final against Liverpool, Salah, Nunez VVD benched, they all have great form they're fully fit, Win the game 4-0. I notice this against so many of the bigger teams, its something i have noticed in FM for the last 6/7/8 years. It is also why i think it is easy to win stuff, especially in the European competitions. Teams have half fully fit squads by half time their fitness is orange it's like the headline says the AI game management is so poor, it seems players are never rested from training or anything. I've been saying it for years CL,EL are easy to win if you manage your team right, fitness wise. They really need to work on the ai, in transfers, knowing when to play and rest their best players.

28 minutes ago, flauta kicma said:

Any hint when the new patch might be out?

Read back further.  March I think they are saying 

Edited by alian62

On 22/01/2024 at 09:17, pedrosantos said:

Small example of non-sense: january open market, signed a new player and one player of my squad is chosen to welcome the new signing. Problem: the player chosen is Tahremi and he is currently away for the Asian Nations Cup. :idiot:

P.S. individual training is still not fixed

Skype meeting.

my best CB has a natural fitness of 16, yet needs resting nearly every other game, and keeps wanting more game time due to this

conceding goals from, player makes a weird pointless pass, needs fixing its very rarely NOT a concede (to the point its just looks like a rigged moment)

i had a player out with a serious injury, came back into rehabilitation phase for 2 months.... then got injured for the u21s (guy keeps getting injured when not actually injury prone) why was he picked when under rehab?

and also yellows for handballs on corners, always an attacking teams defender.... its far too frequent

Edited by scott MUFC