When will si releases news from the FM 25?

At this point season ended and we played Hundreds of hours of FM 24 

We need to know, how is FM 25 standing now?

We need news about FM 25

We want to see something about the developments, minor leaks from si

FM 24 is basically ended with the season end.

Please SI, release something.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Hzano123 said:

It will be on October. I am sure of it

Source: Trust me bro

lol, maybe they'd follow their sort of features map that they used last year in october. Early news and website changes could happen mid-july or august (has to be one of these months)

just my thought....

My instinct, given the change to the Unity engine, is that we'll get some info a little earlier than usual and I'm specifically thinking about the specs needed to run FM25.

Other than that, I guess just be patient :D

4 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

My instinct, given the change to the Unity engine, is that we'll get some info a little earlier than usual and I'm specifically thinking about the specs needed to run FM25.

glad i bought a new pc last year for this kind of moment... 

17 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

Yeah, need to know the spec so I know if i'm robbin' Currys or holding a member of a pc spec builders family to ransom ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Would be wise to hit some news with Euros coming and push some people to FM and exiting up for FM25.

And please, if you wont share any news Q2, then let us also know, because this was promised.

3 hours ago, sufcdan said:

Random question, if I start a new save on FM24 will it be able to carry over and continue on FM25? 

Yes you will be able to do that

42 minutes ago, renato. said:

This is cool, but not something that some logos, name fix and facepacks couldn't take care of.

I'll wait for real changes and announcements.

Not everyone is able to import logos, name fix and facepacks...

2 hours ago, benefactor_r said:

Great. I have a feeling that English teams and players will be even more overrated... :applause:

Why? Loads of teams have had official licenses for years, hasn’t made them any more OPd than the rest.

On 10/06/2024 at 08:49, saihtam said:

And please, if you wont share any news Q2, then let us also know, because this was promised.

No, it wasn't.  If you're taking a vague quarterly date given ages ago as a "promise" then I don't know what to tell you.

2 часа назад, H_a_a_k_o_n сказал:

So, this means we're aiming for the first major FM25 reveal in Q2 of 2024.

Crossing fingers for they are good at aiming, AND I like the word "major".

Q2 = last week of June looks like :(  SI really don’t like to rush into announcements and make premature promises.

Anti Paradox Interactive, where we know almost everything about a game at the pre-alpha stage already :D 

Edited by Novem9

В 10.06.2024 в 18:07, -Jef- сказал:

Not everyone is able to import logos, name fix and facepacks...

Still, it's a bonus. I'm really looking forward to news of a manifold increase in the speed of processing days on a large database. A new interface core that will not inherit bugs for years to come. Modern graphics and animation. And I'm not even mentioning the classic stuff like AI management, AI players, Match Engine. 

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Q2 = last week of June looks like :(  SI really don’t like to rush into announcements and make premature promises.

Anti Paradox Interactive, where we know almost everything about a game at the pre-alpha stage already :D 

And actually change the game and adapt along the way from the forums feedback

Like an opposite SI, you could say :D 

8 hours ago, forameuss said:

No, it wasn't.  If you're taking a vague quarterly date given ages ago as a "promise" then I don't know what to tell you.

I’m expecting something this month given that’s what was said, aren’t you? Promise is probably a bit strong but I’m expecting something this month unless told otherwise. 

14 hours ago, DP said:

I’m expecting something this month given that’s what was said, aren’t you? Promise is probably a bit strong but I’m expecting something this month unless told otherwise. 

No, not really.  Giving a date far in the future that spans a whole three months should be saying to anyone reasonable that there's a decent chance of that being missed.  They'll say something when they're ready to say something, and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter whether that's today or one day before release.  

13 minuti fa, forameuss ha scritto:

it doesn't really matter whether that's today or one day before release.  

It quite matters tho. 

Pre-orders are a big thing for videogames(I don't like those type of purchases but that's another story) and you gotta build hype to be sure of those. It obviously doesn't matter if it's today or next month but they promised to make use more involved so we now expect something from them.

Even system requirements could be a great update from them. I still don't know if I gotta upgrade my PC or not to play the next version

Edited by Andrew Marines

Just now, Andrew Marines said:

It quite matters tho. 

Pre-orders are a big thing for videogames(I don't like those type of purchases but that's another story) and you gotta build hype to be sure of this. It obviously doesn't matter if it's today or next month but they promised to make use more involved so we now expect something from them

I was asked whether I personally care.  I don't.  To me it doesn't matter because no announcement of any FM title has really meant anything to me because it's all just marketing that becomes irrelevant once you actually form your own opinion.

The timing I gave was hyperbole anyway, obviously.  From SI's perspective, I'm sure they'll survive.  They'll announce it well in advance and they'll get plenty of pre-orders.  But the whole franchise isn't going to burn to the ground because the calendar suddenly rolls into Q3, regardless of "expectation" or "promises".

No special insight on my behalf, but I'd have considered the PL Licence to constitute a Q2 announcement. Makes sense this is something that could've been mentioned by SI a while out to say there would be an announcement at this time because it comes after the current season has finished and prevents any confusion as to whether it's in FM24 or not for those who don't engage with FM news that much. 

Game specs, especially given the switch to Unity, are likely to come significantly later given the game will be going through optimisation continuously. The minimum specs to run the game right now on any internal build versus what it will be in 3 months time are going to be different I'd imagine. 

7 minuti fa, forameuss ha scritto:

I was asked whether I personally care.  I don't.  To me it doesn't matter because no announcement of any FM title has really meant anything to me because it's all just marketing that becomes irrelevant once you actually form your own opinion.

The timing I gave was hyperbole anyway, obviously.  From SI's perspective, I'm sure they'll survive.  They'll announce it well in advance and they'll get plenty of pre-orders.  But the whole franchise isn't going to burn to the ground because the calendar suddenly rolls into Q3, regardless of "expectation" or "promises".

We've the same opinion about this.

I do think they'll survive but i'm a bit tired of the same things over and over and still seeing people pre-ordering even though the product isn't that great or with unrespected promises

2 minuti fa, santy001 ha scritto:

Game specs, especially given the switch to Unity, are likely to come significantly later given the game will be going through optimisation continuously. The minimum specs to run the game right now on any internal build versus what it will be in 3 months time are going to be different I'd imagine. 

Having an approximate idea could still be great. Idk if my ryzen 5 1600 and rx560 can survive Unity. I can play without any issue cities skylines but i don't have that much money right now to waste on new hardware and i would love to know if i need to save a bit of money to actually play the game or not

While it seems to make sense that there will be a step up in minimum specs keep in mind that currently the game supports a processor model at minimum spec which released in 2005. Even if they brought their minimum specs up to match Cities Skylines it would be a 2010 processor required. 

Unity is an engine massively utilised by mobile developers, so the fact it gets used by so many in the mobile sphere would mean its able to run on a much lower level of hardware. It'd be nice to know earlier for sure, but SI definitely seem like the kind of developers who if they could hold off an potentially see if they can include an extra generation of older hardware they would to reduce impact on the player base. 

10 minuti fa, santy001 ha scritto:

While it seems to make sense that there will be a step up in minimum specs keep in mind that currently the game supports a processor model at minimum spec which released in 2005. Even if they brought their minimum specs up to match Cities Skylines it would be a 2010 processor required. 

Unity is an engine massively utilised by mobile developers, so the fact it gets used by so many in the mobile sphere would mean its able to run on a much lower level of hardware. It'd be nice to know earlier for sure, but SI definitely seem like the kind of developers who if they could hold off an potentially see if they can include an extra generation of older hardware they would to reduce impact on the player base. 

I do hope there'll be a lot of diversification between high settings and low settings so i hope they requirements could go from quite low to really high. This is the best possibile scenario

3 hours ago, forameuss said:

No, not really.  Giving a date far in the future that spans a whole three months should be saying to anyone reasonable that there's a decent chance of that being missed.  They'll say something when they're ready to say something, and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter whether that's today or one day before release.  

Hopefully they communicate and tell us it’s being missed then :confused:

Especially since they have acknowledged they need to do better with communicating with their customers. I don’t mind at all either way but if I was them I’d be attempting to be as transparent as possible. 

Edited by DP

25 minutes ago, DP said:

Hopefully they communicate and tell us it’s being missed then :confused:

Especially since they have acknowledged they need to do better with communicating with their customers. I don’t mind at all either way but if I was them I’d be attempting to be as transparent as possible. 

If they'd said "we'll update you on 23rd June 2024", fine.  At that point they probably have a question to answer.  Giving a vague window well in advance for a product that is probably the most "in flux" release they've ever done, and people want them to spend their time going out with the begging bowl apologising over, not even the release of a product, but the announcement of a product?

14 minutes ago, forameuss said:

If they'd said "we'll update you on 23rd June 2024", fine.  At that point they probably have a question to answer.  Giving a vague window well in advance for a product that is probably the most "in flux" release they've ever done, and people want them to spend their time going out with the begging bowl apologising over, not even the release of a product, but the announcement of a product?

Who said anything about apologising? It’s all just communicating and comes directly from what SI said they wanted to get better at. I don’t think anyone’s expecting an apology. 

3 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

Having an approximate idea could still be great. Idk if my ryzen 5 1600 and rx560 can survive Unity. I can play without any issue cities skylines but i don't have that much money right now to waste on new hardware and i would love to know if i need to save a bit of money to actually play the game or not

My expectation is that the game will still be very inclusive in terms of system specs, the biggest leap will be in terms of graphics power needed, however there will still be the 2D mode which may well negate a lot of that.

If I was to predict, I would expect your PC to still be able to play the game, but not at the highest graphics settings.  I will qualify that with it being just based on gut feeling, however SI are well aware that a decent proportion of their playerbase use a laptop with integrated graphics and they won't want to be losing too many players because of increased system requirements.

I will still probably use 2D. Maybe 3D if they give us an option to watch the game from the bench as a true manager would.

On 10/06/2024 at 16:24, renato. said:

This is cool, but not something that some logos, name fix and facepacks couldn't take care of.

I'll wait for real changes and announcements.

You might want to look at it from SI’s perspective. The Premier League licence IS big news for SI. Just like the Japan licence was big news last FM.

24 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

You might want to look at it from SI’s perspective. The Premier League licence IS big news for SI. Just like the Japan licence was big news last FM.

Oh, no. We all know how that ended :(

2 hours ago, -Jef- said:

I will still probably use 2D. Maybe 3D if they give us an option to watch the game from the bench as a true manager would.

I have never understood why the 3D was needed. Obviously it was a big feature in terms of sales but it is so much easier to follow player movement and other tactical things with 2D that I would never change to 3D no matter how it looks.

Also seeing players still ghosting through each other and physical battles missing completely in 2024 is a bit of deal breaker for anyone who wants to manage football matches.