• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, av3ry said:

Bully's best prizes are behind the bullseye though aint it? :brock:

Another failure of media :)

Watch any American TV programme involving darts and they're all trying to hit the middle 

19 hours ago, Barry Cartman said:

Another failure of media :)

Watch any American TV programme involving darts and they're all trying to hit the middle 

Apparently it's a different version of darts. Tv shows doing it annoyed me so much I looked it up at one point.

I know we haven't had the most difficult of runs in any of his tournaments really, but 2 finals, a semi, and a quarter is genuinely fantastic and I don't think that many managers do that if they take over in 2016. 

• Administrators

And I posted today I didn’t think he’d play either :D 

So happy for the team. I can’t wait to see the highlights of TRIF’s celebrations :D 

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

My twins are 5 years old and already they're seeing their 2nd Euros final 

Madness 

:mad:

Doesn't count unless you have been rubbish for 30 years imo

I blasted the team and specifically Southgate after our poor performance in the group games and again in early knockouts but Southgate definitely pulled it off tonight.
      Maybe they were shot but I was shocked that he took Kane and Foden off but my god what a decision that was. I still want him to step down no matter what happens this weekend, just to freshen the team and tactics up a bit, but after tonight I’m truly back on his side. Southgate came good tonight and fair play to him.

It’s true also that you remember the crap group games and early knockouts and the rubbish performances that accompanied them only really if you go home early. Now we are through to the final, those boring and tedious games will not live long in my memory. 

12 minutes ago, iamjerome said:

i'm back to camp SOUTHGATE ALL THE WAY 

I never left the camp. Gareth did send me to get more firewood at one point, even though I thought we had more than enough, and he was adamant we needed more just to be safe. I then did consider briefly running away, but technically never left the camp perimeter 

34 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

My twins are 5 years old and already they're seeing their 2nd Euros final 

Madness 

I cannot express my rage at this post :seagull:

I think the time is right to step down no matter what really. 4 tournaments he's had now, 8 years is a long time. He can go out on a high too now even with a defeat as he is unquestionably the best coach the national team have ever had after the one who won something

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

I think the time is right to step down no matter what really. 4 tournaments he's had now, 8 years is a long time. He can go out on a high too now even with a defeat as he is unquestionably the best coach the national team have ever had after the one who won something

Yeah, if he wins go out like a King. If he loses, it's never gonna happen for him so best go out head held high

IF he wins it, it'll be incredibly hard to turn down a shot at the World Cup I think. Before the tournament I thought he'd go regardless, but now its harder to see.

37 minutes ago, Haguey said:

:mad:

Doesn't count unless you have been rubbish for 30 years imo

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I cannot express my rage at this post :seagull:

Also already seen their club side win the league 4 times in a row :(

If he wins he surely has to leave. It's only really downhill from there - anything less than a World Cup win will be seen as a disappointment.

Anything less than a final appearance here was going to be seen as a disappointment. It won't get any more forgiving if he wins.

Just thinking, maybe all the England 'supporters' who have done nothing but pi$$, moan and demand his sacking throughout the entire tournament need to do one. or should consider feeling a bit embarrassed and contrite if we win it? Just at some point, in those few minutes before the great national p!$$up begins. It'd be one in the eye not just for crap England supporters, but for cr@p, spoiled, petulant football fans in general. Because football fans in general are really, really cr@p. Can't imagine how much I'd loathe them if I was a manager or player and found myself the focus of their entitled, ignorant whingeing.

Edited by ceefax the cat

Two years is a long time in international football as well. The teams with deep talent pools might still be up there, like France and England. And you can see with their tournament records that they've got a good chance of still being at the business end of a 2026 World Cup.

But at the same time it gives other teams time to re-tool. Germany look like they're seeing some shoots of recovery - lots of work to do still, though. Ditto Holland.

Spain's young guys will be better, you would think. 

etc. etc.